Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: 2018 MOTUC character poll is live! Vote for WHO you want as toys - ROUND 6

UPDATED: 2018 MOTUC character poll is live! Vote for WHO you want as toys - ROUND 6

UPDATED December 1st:

Round 6 voting is live!
    CLICK HERE TO VOTE TODAY!

----------------------
    UPDATED November 17th:

Round 5 voting is live! **Voting has ended on Round 5**

----------------------
    UPDATED November 3rd:

Round 4 voting is live! **Voting has ended on Round 4**

----------------------
    UPDATED October 20th:

Round 3 voting is live! **Voting has ended on Round 3**

----------------------
    UPDATED October 6th:

Round 2 voting is live! **Voting has ended on Round 2**

----------------------
    Do YOU want to help shape the future of the MOTU Classics line and what action figures we get? Then voting in this poll is mandatory for you!

The results of this poll will be reviewed and considered by Super7 and the Four Horsemen. It covers nearly all possible, official candidates for 6" figures, over-sized items (beast, vehicles, etc), and accessories.

This poll is open to EVERYONE. You do not need to be logged in or signed up to He-Man.Org to vote. So please spread the world about this poll to every He-Man and She-Ra fan you know who is interested in buying the Classics toy line.

You can also win a free prize from Super7 in each Round just by voting and providing your e-mail address! More info is on the poll.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE TODAY! **Voting has ended on Round 1**
    and a special thanks to Adam Tyner, David "AdultCollector" Clark, and Danielle "Penny Dreadful" Gelehrter for their help in making this poll happen!

Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

Heroic Warrior
    Are the designs locked? I love and appreciate you guys for putting together some clear, concise method for Super 7 and Horsemen to follow, but I would be remiss to not mention something now: there are many of us who are saddened that new cartoon figures being introduced into the Collector's Choice line are being based on strictly filmation designs when Classics or Concepts design exist, or details can be otherwise added. These figures (the prototypes at least) are getting matte paint and everything, further differentiating them aesthetically.

I see Acrobad, for instance, is a hard no, but I'd soften to his inclusion if based on the early concept art. If these are going to be new characters, they need to be able to stand toe-to-toe with the Classics stuff that's been established. We need additional costume ornamentation, metallic paint where need be, and reasonable accessories, not one-off filmation artifacts that take away from the character themselves (Lizard Man). Just this collector's 2 cents.

I'm all in on 2018 series 1, both sets for multiple copies each, but I'm coming to the realization that as of now, I'm purchasing six filmation characters and 2 Classics characters and that saddens me as a Classics fan.

What are the mission statements of each collection if they're just going to try to be mixed or not adhere to them at all? We were once told Collector's Choice are characters that have never had an action figure in the Classics style, and Club Grayskull are the A-list and b-list He-Man characters who had very different designs being made as cartoon action figures in their cartoon likenesses. I would prefer the 2 please be treated separately. We have Vultak, Batros, and Scorpia done this way, and no FilMation fan cried foul. Id love to see this maintained with Granita if early enough, and with whichever FilMation character we are lucky enough to join the ranks.

What are your thought on this?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'd say that's up to the 4H and Super7 on if they want to deviate from or embellish the designs people are voting for.

IMO, it would be very confusing to initially vote for a what-might-be design rather than the character design you are actually looking at. That would leave the door wide open later on for way too much interpretation, confusion and arguing about what should be done.

Also, side note for everyone, that first question about packaging will have the answers tweaked here soon.
    But the answers are meant to be:
    Yes, I want the packaging to change.
    No, leave the packaging as it is.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

Heroic Warrior
    YES!! Thanks Val, I'll get voting! Sooo excited!
    MASS REJECTION
    www.facebook.com/massrejection

Wanted in Collector's Choice:

Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Attack Trak, Hoove, Mini-comics Tri-Klops.

Cool I like polls.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I'd say that's up to the 4H and Super7 on if they want to deviate from or embellish the designs people are voting for.

IMO, it would be very confusing to initially vote for a what-might-be design rather than the character design you are actually looking at. That would leave the door wide open later on for way too much interpretation, confusion and arguing about what should be done.

Also, side note for everyone, that first question about packaging will have the answers tweaked here soon.
    May I ask a favor? I appreciate it you guys adding them by character and design. I agree that we're all selecting a specific look. In the spirit of you having several beastman and Butthead and other Z-list filmation characters, can you please include Acrobad's Jester concept and Col. Blast's FirepowerMan concept designs? I would like these two characters, but they look more visually compelling as their Concepts. Thanks Val!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Done.

Loved the variety of choices available. I voted for new characters only, I really don't want to see too many more variants and redone characters.

Vote cast. I love that fans are involved.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

This is great! I'm so glad to have a new poll!

Just some brief feedback: Filmation's David looks like he appears twice in the poll, once as regular David and once as young David (three times total if you count his adult variant too). Also the first question about packaging offers both options (new and old) but then asks only for a 'yes' or 'no' answer, so I'm not sure which option I'll be saying 'yes' or 'no' to.

EDIT: Glad the question is yes for new packaging, or no to new packaging. That's what I hoped, I'm all for changing things up now!
    Last edited by gbagok; September 23, 2017 at 07:12pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Widget
    Quick comment, the question about packaging is not a yes/no question, but those are the choice options, so it's kind of confusing.

Voted. I went for:
    Artilla
    Battle Armor King Randor
    Battle Armor Queen Marlena
    Butthead - NA Toy
    Captain Randor - MYP Cartoon
    Catra - Filmation POP cat form
    Catra - Styleguide Variant
    Colonel Blast - Filmation POP
    Crimson Fury - UK Magazine
    Crystoll - NA Concept
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Quote Originally Posted by Arek Brimstone View Post
    Quick comment, the question about packaging is not a yes/no question, but those are the choice options, so it's kind of confusing.
    Seconded.
    Moreover, what's the difference between David and Young David?

Wow, with the current price tag at $35 plus shipping, my voting habits will be definitely different from previous polls.
    Awesome sticker included!

Voted! Can't wait for next round.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    Wow, with the current price tag at $35 plus shipping, my voting habits will be definitely different from previous polls.
    Right, it's no longer "what figures will I pay $20-25 for on subscription", it's "what figures will I pay $35 for each, in a wave."

But you can bet I'm super excited to see UK Comics characters on there (even if I'm the only one excited)!
    Last edited by Streamside; September 23, 2017 at 09:17pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Arek Brimstone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Also the first question about packaging offers both options (new and old) but then asks only for a 'yes' or 'no' answer, so I'm not sure which option I'll be saying 'yes' or 'no' to.
    Val posted this earlier a few posts above:

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

I voted for mostly Filmation MOTU and NA Toy Versions. A few Filmation POPs too.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I voted for 200X variants (no surprise there), NA characters and Battle Woman 1. The Panther Men too.

I wish we had the option for Jetlag Artilla and MYP Beast Man.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    It's cool some trollans are also on board in the 6inch voting! Waiting for Oncle Montork!

Seeing so many d list characters made me realize just how few new characters I want. There are a few. But I'm more interested in getting Ultimates/Filmation/200X variants of a - c list characters.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I voted I like taking these fan polls, they're fun. Especially knowing it may determine what figures we get in the future.

There were some great choices on the poll today, and some COMPLETELY unnecessary characters. But, I picked all the ones I'd like to get, and there was actually a decent amount. Definitely want Colonel Blast and Admiral Scurvy, and of course I voted YES for every Cringer choice, and I hope all of you did as well

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Val posted this earlier a few posts above:
    Good, I answered correctly.

Thanks!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer82 View Post
    I voted I like taking these fan polls, they're fun. Especially knowing it may determine what figures we get in the future.

There were some great choices on the poll today, and some COMPLETELY unnecessary characters. But, I picked all the ones I'd like to get, and there was actually a decent amount. Definitely want Colonel Blast and Admiral Scurvy, and of course I voted YES for every Cringer choice, and I hope all of you did as well
    Believe it or not, I got super excited at the prospect of a Cringer in Panthor disguise figure! I've wanted that variant ever since I saw it in the cartoon!
    MASS REJECTION

More than happy to cast my votes. I want Bubblor!
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

I'm glad that this poll is happening. I do, however, wish there was space to elaborate on the questions at the end of the survey- for example, I don't really care about the packaging, It's basically a non-factor, as long as it protects the figure well enough to get to me undamaged before I open it. For the MOTU Giants, I clicked "Yes," but there are only a handful of characters that I would buy. Even if they were limited to 100 characters, or something like that, I think being able to add a comment to these responses could provide them some valuable specifics. I love how thorough the character selections on this poll are!!!
    "I am The Mad Bubbler... breathe in the vapors of my madness!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    More than happy to cast my votes. I want Bubblor!
    Most definitely!

Apart from the Cringer in disguise as Panthor vote, I was pretty brutal this time round actually going back and removing some characters before I put the vote through.

Grayskull's Heir: I completely agree with you about voting habits being different to the last time I voted!
    MASS REJECTION

I got my vote in. I voted yes on about 25 of them.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast