Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: 2018 MOTUC character poll! - Accessory and Q&A results

Some of these figures are very similar, either in looks or concept, and might result in vote splitting. For example, Catra Styleguide, Toy and Prototype versions, although not the same, are all pink-silver-black Catra, and significantly different from the Filmation version that we have. Some people may vote for only one, thinking that if they got that one they don't need the others. Is there some mechanism to repair this splitting of votes? Will someone note that although each version didn't get enough votes individually, there's a lot of people interested in that overall look for this character?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Some of these figures are very similar, either in looks or concept, and might result in vote splitting. For example, Catra Styleguide, Toy and Prototype versions, although not the same, are all pink-silver-black Catra, and significantly different from the Filmation version that we have. Some people may vote for only one, thinking that if they got that one they don't need the others. Is there some mechanism to repair this splitting of votes? Will someone note that although each version didn't get enough votes individually, there's a lot of people interested in that overall look for this character?
    I completely agree with this example and with New Adventures Butthead he has both the toy look and the standard Jetlag look yet Artilla only had the toy look. I don’t wanna see the vote splitting between two versions of a character.

Widget
    This proves there are easily another 10 years worth of figures that could be made. I voted for so many. Still so many new characters and variants I want. I'd probably buy a sub representing every medium. A jetlag, vintage na, myp, vintage pop, filmation, classicized, etc.

Hope to see some of the comic characters make it.

I voted for a handful, but honestly there was only one figure -- Bubblor -- that excites me. There are a few "would be nice to have," but most, IMO, aren't necessary to the collection, especially at $35 a pop.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS TOY GUIDE
    Featuring bios, information, accessories, release dates, pictures and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

I think I was most excited to see the question about novels. Obviously, I'm interested in those,

Seriously, the brand works well in that format, IMO, and I'd like to see some official stuff down the line, once way or another.

Any interest in them "dipping their toes in the water" as far as books is a good thing, as far as I'm concerned.
    -KTC

My FREE MOTU stories:

MOTU: The Bloodline Trilogy

I used to think there wasn't a figure I wouldn't want in MOTUC line - this poll showed me that there are LOTS of potential characters I do not want. I worry that by including every dang thing like 3 different versions of "David" whoever that even is, or "bearded villager" the signal to noise ratio may be too low. There is some stuff in there that I really want - Colonel Blast, Crystoll, Butthead... but it's easy for that stuff to get lost when you put literally everything on the table.

Heroic Warrior
    I voted for Air Centurion, Colonel Blast, and Brain Concept. I think those are the only ones that appeal to me.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    I used to think there wasn't a figure I wouldn't want in MOTUC line - this poll showed me that there are LOTS of potential characters I do not want. I worry that by including every dang thing like 3 different versions of "David" whoever that even is, or "bearded villager" the signal to noise ratio may be too low. There is some stuff in there that I really want - Colonel Blast, Crystoll, Butthead... but it's easy for that stuff to get lost when you put literally everything on the table.
    I completely agree especially with the fact that Super 7 has limited time to continue Collector’s Choice and limited spots for those lines. This poll had ridiculous options.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    I voted.
    Does Galactus fart?

Heroic Warrior
    I voted for all of the Catra variants, including panther-form Catra. As the secondary (or primarily, depending upon the media) She-Ra villain, it's a real shame that we've never gotten a Catra variant.

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    @DC_Warlord and cryanmchsi :

Do not forget guys we only are at "D" letter. There are so many characters left to vote.
    That's true. There are loads of characters left, and there's bound to be some that I really want. But unfortunately, the price will not change. I'm not blaming anybody for high prices...that's just how it is. But even if I can find persons to split a wave with, 35 bucks plus shipping for a single figure is really, really pushing it.

That said....I'm not going anywhere. It's still fun to vote and be a part of this.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; September 26, 2017 at 12:56am.
    Odd Man Out

Heroic Warrior
    My vote is in- looks like I came back just in time!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    I voted, yay me!
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!

Heroic Warrior
    I was hoping for a write in ballot for Harambe. Man, lots of cool stuff I haven't seen or thought about in years that will make awesome figures!

Widget
    That has been taking so much time for me to decide for who I vote but I did it !
    Pretty excited and looking forward the next ones !

I got my vote in! Can't wait for the next polls, it's fun to see all of the possibilities. There were even a few that I voted for that I might never have considered - once seen, however - I realize how cool they'd be to have.
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

Got my vote in finally! It'll be interesting to see what the results are!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Catra Styleguide v.2 is actually a straight repaint of the Catra we already have. Perfect for an Exclusive or Ultimate!
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Warrior
    Would have loved to seen Clawdeen on this list, but I'm liking that Clamp Champ - UK Magazine verison. Could even be an Ultimate Figure, hope they can make his afro a little bigger this time around.

Filmation baby Cringer YES!!

Got my vote in

I must confess that I feel a lot of these were scraping the bottom of the barrel though.

Yeah we are at the bottom of the barrel. I look at it as it's so cool we've gotten this far down the character roster. I mean if in 2008 when classics was starting and you got up in arms about not getting characters like Granita, people would have laughed at you yet that was the case here recently.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Not entirely sure how this is splitting of votes? Each version of the character is a different item. each item is voted on separately. If Silver and Black Catra gets X votes, and Black and Silver Catra gets Y votes they don't both get X+Y=Z, they simply get X and Y separately. Its not like votes are limited per person, I could go thru that list and vote for every single one, it wouldn't do me any good, so I vote for what I REALLY want, if you REALLY want both Catra's Vote for both. But to say that their tallys should be counted together is, imho, ridiculous, might as well at that point lump all the Catras in to 1 person with "design to be finalized at a later date" Finally, people who specifically chose Silver and Black Catra might absolutely hate Black and Silver Catra which is why they didn't vote for her. Why should all Silver and Black Catra votes go to Black and Silver when those voters specifically chose not to vote for her?

If votes were limited than I would possibly agree with you, but I am pretty certain most people who want any and all Catras will vote for any and all Catras, and those who specifically only want 1 type of catra are only voting for that specific type of catra on purpose

On a side note, there are sooooo many bottom barrel characters here with, imho, 0 defining characteristics that if the next 4 figure waves of classics and grayskull were made with half of these characters I would easily be like "Yea I can save my money here" and move on. Thats not to say there arent figures I still want, oh there are, but that number is growing smaller and smaller by the year
    Last edited by jackstatic; September 27, 2017 at 12:48pm.
    It always takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to edit this signature

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

I agree with some that we have some... serious lack-luster choices in the poll when we run the enter gamut of options.

BUT, I still see a lot of awesome figures choices left. At eight per year of CC and eight per year of CG from Super7, I can easily see another ten years of cool figures if we all supported them.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Widget
    I just wish each person could get the figures they want.
    I've wanted Karikoni (clawful race) army builder sets for years. Still would love to see at least the female design made.

Brazilian comic characters would be great to see to.