Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: 2018 MOTUC character poll! - Accessory and Q&A results

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I agree with some that we have some... serious lack-luster choices in the poll when we run the enter gamut of options.

BUT, I still see a lot of awesome figures choices left. At eight per year of CC and eight per year of CG from Super7, I can easily see another ten years of cool figures if we all supported them.
    I agree with you. And the characters will be sculpted by the Four Horsemen, so they'll probably turn out great no matter what.

I do hope, on top of these D-listers, we get some newly created vintage feeling Masters of the Universe characters like Draego-Man in MOTUC. Axel has some good vintage feeling Snake Men designs like Vypor, Quick Flick, etc..... More of that would be awesome to compliment the D-listers.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    I agree with some that we have some... serious lack-luster choices in the poll when we run the enter gamut of options.

BUT, I still see a lot of awesome figures choices left. At eight per year of CC and eight per year of CG from Super7, I can easily see another ten years of cool figures if we all supported them.
    I totally agree with that and I wish that can be last as long as you are saying.

Byt the way here is an awesome Aramesh custom :

$$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

I voted for Aramesh, but I really want the Goldenrod/Aramesh combo as illustrated by Axel.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar

Do you really foresee S7 retaining the license past 2019 or 2020? (When the new movie MUST be released, in order for SONY to retain the rights...so it has been said)
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    Do you really foresee S7 retaining the license past 2019 or 2020? (When the new movie MUST be released, in order for SONY to retain the rights...so it has been said)
    I don't know why they wouldn't if the licence is doing pretty well with many customers.
    The MOTU universe is so huge they can produce so many characters for years !
    And a lot of them are way more awesome than we could expect once they have been made by 4H

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I voted for Aramesh, but I really want the Goldenrod/Aramesh combo as illustrated by Axel.
    This is why I voted for him as well.

Did anyone else vote yes on $5 extra for mini comics?
    Such a cool and nostalgic part of motu, i think they should always be in the packaing -- especially for just five bucks. But perhaps, sadly, i am in the minority....

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I voted for him too, I find this character really cool and will fit perfectly in the Classic lines.
    Actually I voted for way more characters than I thought.
    I am super impatient to vote in the next polls !

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I agree with you. And the characters will be sculpted by the Four Horsemen, so they'll probably turn out great no matter what.

I do hope, on top of these D-listers, we get some newly created vintage feeling Masters of the Universe characters like Draego-Man in MOTUC. Axel has some good vintage feeling Snake Men designs like Vypor, Quick Flick, etc..... More of that would be awesome to compliment the D-listers.
    I agree with you. I am sure a lof of collectors who did not vote for these "D-listers" would buy him in an instant if they saw them sculpted by 4H.

Heroic Warrior
    Can I go back and vote again if I missed a few I wanted? Does the old vote get tossed? I forget how this works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KeldorTheCursed View Post
    I think I was most excited to see the question about novels... Any interest in them "dipping their toes in the water" as far as books is a good thing, as far as I'm concerned.
    I was very pleased to see that question, too. I would love to see some MOTU novels!
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    Can I go back and vote again if I missed a few I wanted? Does the old vote get tossed? I forget how this works
    Yep. It tosses out your previous votes.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

I voted for Baddrah! By far a figure I've wanted for a long time and my favorite on this first list. I'll have to wait for the T's for my next favorite.

Really happy about the mini-comic question, I'd definitely pay $5.00 more to get minicomics with the figures.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Heroic Warrior
    I'm at the stage where the vast majority of the listed characters mean nothing to me. I'll probably continue to collect whatever comes out, but there's very little to feel nostalgic about now.

I expect the few characters who reach back into the early MOTU days (e.g. Ceril and Damon) probably won't do particularly well in the poll compared to others. Hopefully that won't prevent them being released.

I don't say this with a completely gloomy outlook - I'm looking forward to seeing what happens, and the major milestone of all vintage line characters has already been achieved, so in a sense it doesn't matter.

But I hope nostalgia continues to be a big influence.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    I'm at the stage where the vast majority of the listed characters mean nothing to me. I'll probably continue to collect whatever comes out, but there's very little to feel nostalgic about now.

I expect the few characters who reach back into the early MOTU days (e.g. Ceril and Damon) probably won't do particularly well in the poll compared to others. Hopefully that won't prevent them being released.

I don't say this with a completely gloomy outlook - I'm looking forward to seeing what happens, and the major milestone of all vintage line characters has already been achieved, so in a sense it doesn't matter.

But I hope nostalgia continues to be a big influence.
    I think we are all thinking the same. The characters we wanted the most have been done.
    But MOTUC is an almost 10 years line, I think that is exceptional and MOTU universe is so huge that could last 10 years more !

However I do think you still can get awesome figures and nostalgia, among the 200X, MOTUC minis, concept characters there are also so many Filmation figures, NA toys too and some vintage mini comic figures to make.

And for me some characters that doesn't mean anything to me, like Bubblor, are actually fantastic.
    I think the same about Draego man, no nostalgia with him but he rocks so much.

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    I think we are all thinking the same. The characters we wanted the most have been done.
    But MOTUC is an almost 10 years line, I think that is exceptional and MOTU universe is so huge that could last 10 years more !

However I do think you still can get awesome figures and nostalgia, among the 200X, MOTUC minis, concept characters there are also so many Filmation figures, NA toys too and some vintage mini comic figures to make.

And for me some characters that doesn't mean anything to me, like Bubblor, are actually fantastic.
    I think the same about Draego man, no nostalgia with him but he rocks so much.
    Agreed on all counts.

There's still some nostalgia-based choices left, not to mention a lot of characters we never had as toys that we could get, along with a bunch of newer, cool concepts.
    This line can keep going and going.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    I don't know why they wouldn't if the licence is doing pretty well with many customers.
    The MOTU universe is so huge they can produce so many characters for years !
    And a lot of them are way more awesome than we could expect once they have been made by 4H
    Because if there is a potential blockbuster movie in theatres, do you think Mattel will pass up the merchandising rights for the figures? While I have ZERO information of the contract between Mattel and S7 I can assure you that IF Sony gets the movie made, Mattel will be the ones making the toys, and that I why I don't think we see figures past 2019 or 2020.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

I voted for about 28. I don't really count all those votes in that a number of them were for what I would consider to be cool little pack in guys, along the lines of Zoar or Lookee.

Of the actual characters I voted once but then thought about it and added a few more. I did it because I knew the characters and felt like they would be cool once a real design were shown. I may go back and remove them though since I am not specifically interested in them, only the prospect of them becoming a cool figure when realized.

Some I picked because though I didnt know them or care, they looked cool enough (or would be when in plastic) and I knew they may have a smaller fanbase but needed the representation. For instance Bruhar or whatever, the crystal looking guy from Brazil comics. It'd be neat to have more inclusive unique characters. Conversely I could not vote for character that I know are popular and though I also want, i do not want as much as some others. So let others carry them and try to even out if only a little some that may not be as popular but I want.

Also concept characters are always good. "New" vintage Characters is just cool.

What is amazing to me but maybe should not be is how every character who got an official design (Bug Eye, Bandwidth, etc) I immediately like because they are now "legitimate" so new characters are a win once designed. Pretty much why I voted for some that I was not as excited about but really want to see designed.

Also the unofficial character guide that has been in constant production on these very forums has gotten me excited about the potential of even "throw-away" characters. I love the designs he comes up with and though I do not want 200x style it shows me how cool it can be to take an old threadbear character and use it as a jumping off point for something new but something vintage as well.

So though I feel weird about some I voted for, to make this line continue the real lifeblood will be developing new things and making them awesome.

Because if there is a potential blockbuster movie in theatres, do you think Mattel will pass up the merchandising rights for the figures? While I have ZERO information of the contract between Mattel and S7 I can assure you that IF Sony gets the movie made, Mattel will be the ones making the toys, and that I why I don't think we see figures past 2019 or 2020.
    Agree 1000%. If a MOTU movie is made, there's no way S7 is handling the toys. MATTEL will swoop in like an eagle grabbing a fat mouse covered in BBQ sauce.

I'm not criticizing S7....I'm just saying that I don't see them suddenly being able to produce enough toys to supply WALMARTS and wherever else. They're not that kind of company.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; September 28, 2017 at 01:58pm.
    Odd Man Out

For upcoming MOTUC Club Grayskull & Collectors Choice figures, do you want Super7 to do all new packaging? Or continue the same packaging used over the course of both the CG and CC releases?
    Even with the clarification in this thread, I think there will still be a decent amount of inaccurate votes with that confusing yes/no question. I'm also not sure I like that it forces you to vote on all the questions at the end. Overall, I dig these types of polls, though.

Yes, but that would most likely be a brand new line. They may take a few things from Classics, but it will be a new line. I don't see why both couldn't continue in parallel. Classics are niche enough that they wouldn't be competing with the movie based retail line (especially with the choice of characters left)

So why can't Super7 keep doing Classics for the niche online collector market while Mattel does their own brick'n'mortar line?
    I'm not sure why some of you are treating this as so black and white, as though only one MOTU toy line can exist at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Even with the clarification in this thread, I think there will still be a decent amount of inaccurate votes with that confusing yes/no question. I'm also not sure I like that it forces you to vote on all the questions at the end. Overall, I dig these types of polls, though.
    You haven't looked at the poll again, then, as that was fixed within a day of the poll going up.

glad to see some love for Bubblor 'round these parts again!

I'm glad I visited and voted, since I'd missed the poll otherwise! I like the way it's laid out with the pictures, which makes it much easier to decide.

Like I always do in these, I voted for ol' Bubblor and the other concept figures, create a character, Son of He Man, and New Adventures guys. I think those make the best toy options. though I did support a couple of the MOST ridiculous FIlmation ones like Crackers and Chef Allen...

after reading through the big He-Man encylopedia I realized how many of the entrants are just Boring Normal People, which I just rule out automatically.

Nice to see the questions at the end, and the mention of more Create a Character and contests w/ Super 7! That'd be awesome.

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    ...I totally want a Bubblor figure! Love the look and the concept!
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!