Page 1 of 83 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Power-Con returning in 2018 - August 25 & 26 in Torrance, California

Power-Con returning in 2018 - August 25 & 26 in Torrance, California

UPDATED July 31st:

The Power-Con 2018 Programming Schedule has been posted.
    Click here to check it out!

-------------------------
    UPDATED May 12th:

Check out the cardback art and bios for the Power-Con exclusives from Super7!
    And click here to pre-order yours before it's too late.
    Pre-sales END tomorrow, Sunday, May 13th at 11:59pm.
    Spikor, Chopper, Dree Elle & Uncle Montork bios by James Eatock, and card back art by Axel Gimenez and Val Staples

Click on the images to see a larger version:

Pixel Dan is back with another video! This time he gives info on the Power-Con exclusives pre-order, which ends TOMORROW, May 13th. Check it out!

---------------------
    Say hello to the third of three Power-Con 2018 toy exclusive reveals: Uncle Montork & Dree Elle from the Club Grayskull (Filmation) series!

Sculpted by the Four Horsemen and produced by Super7, Uncle Montork & Dree Elle go up for pre-order (along with ticket pre-sales) on Saturday, April 7th at 9:00am Pacific / 12:00pm Eastern time!

The pre-orders for the toy exclusives will run until Sunday, May 13th. Ticket sales to the show will continue after that date. That gives everyone approximately one month to place their toy exclusive pre-orders. In order to move into production, we can't extend the end date. All pre-orders are a pre-payment, in full like prior Power-Con events.

The three toy exclusives will all be featured separately on the standard Club Grayskull packaging. You can purchase individual figure releases for $50.00 each. But we will also offer a set of all three for $135.00 ($45.00 each); a 10% discount for the set of all three. We will also have one German distributor available for fans who are interested. Ordering through them will save money for German fans, and should also save money for most western European fans as well.

We'll have more info as the pre-sale date draws closer! And thank you for your support of Power-Con!

Click on the image to see a larger version:

---------------------
    Say hello to the second of three Power-Con 2018 toy exclusive reveals: Chopper from the Club Grayskull (Filmation) series!

Sculpted by the Four Horsemen and produced by Super7, Chopper goes up for pre-order (along with ticket pre-sales) on Saturday, April 7th at 9:00am Pacific / 12:00pm Eastern time!

The pre-orders for the toy exclusives will run until Sunday, May 13th. Ticket sales to the show will continue after that date. That gives everyone approximately one month to place their toy exclusive pre-orders. In order to move into production, we can't extend the end date. All pre-orders are a pre-payment, in full like prior Power-Con events.

The three toy exclusives will all be featured separately on the standard Club Grayskull packaging. You can purchase individual figure releases for $50.00 each. But we will also offer a set of all three for $135.00 ($45.00 each); a 10% discount for the set of all three. We will also have one German distributor available for fans who are interested. Ordering through them will save money for German fans, and should also save money for most western European fans as well.

We'll have more info as the pre-sale date draws closer! And please check back tomorrow for the next reveal.

---------------------
    Say hello to the first of three Power-Con 2018 toy exclusive reveals: Spikor from the Club Grayskull (Filmation) series!

Sculpted by the Four Horsemen and produced by Super7, Spikor goes up for pre-order (along with ticket pre-sales) on Saturday, April 7th at 9:00am Pacific / 12:00pm Eastern time!

We pushed the start date to Saturday to make initial ticket and exclusive pre-sales more convenient for most fans. The pre-orders for the toy exclusives will run until Sunday, May 13th. Ticket sales to the show will continue after that date. That gives everyone approximately one month to place their toy exclusive pre-orders. In order to move into production, we can't extend the end date. All pre-orders are a pre-payment, in full like prior Power-Con events.

We'll have more info as the pre-sale date draws closer! And please check back tomorrow for the next reveal.

---------------------
    A taste of 2017! Don't miss 2018!
    Thanks to Daniel Benedict (masque on the forums) for this awesome video recap

---------------------
    Power-Con will be back in 2018, celebrating the 35th anniversary of the Filmation MOTU cartoon and the 10th anniversary of MOTUC!

Please click here for more info, and I hope to see you there!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Oh, that's some great news!
    It sounds obvious that the selection of figures shall, once again, be
    definitely oriented.

Fingers crossed for surprises as exciting than all we've had so far.
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Excellent news!

This also should signal more MOTUC exclusives.

Heroic Warrior
    Power-con gets better and better each year - very happy to see it return for 2018

Fantastic news! I'm not a fan of August, but I understand why you did it.

Woot! My goal is to finally make it in 2018

Can't wait to be there again !
    Thank You for your support ....OCTAVIA 5000! Success rate 100% WooHooo!

I'd love to finally go, but it's not likely. Texas schools will be back in session by then, and (knock on wood!) I should be a full-time teacher by then.

Regardless, I'll be here cheering it on, and I'll certainly order any exclusives that I can!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Heroic Warrior
    Hell or high water I'm gonna make it there in 2018!

I've got a feeling Mini-Comics Tri-Klops will be one of the Power-Con exclusives too..that I can't miss grabbing in person!
    Last edited by abaddon; October 1, 2017 at 06:08am.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Vintage Attack Trak, POP Vintage Variants completed, NA Vintage completed, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Ice Armor He-Man, Skeleteen

Cool to see it coming back. I don't know if I'll go yet, but if it is like previous years, most schools in my state will start school August 20-22 in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Fantastic news! I'm not a fan of August, but I understand why you did it.
    But August likes you!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Heroic Warrior
    August likes everyone.

But August has this bad reputation of being a hot head. Well, at least for the people in the northern hemisphere.

Glad the con is back.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    But August likes you!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Power-Con will be back in 2018, celebrating the 35th anniversary of the Filmation MOTU cartoon and the 10th anniversary of MOTUC!

Please click here for more info, and I hope to see you there!
    Yay!!!! And this time I plan to be there.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Great news! August works fine for me. Looking forward to another great weekend!

Sent from my thumbs to your eyeballs

Yay! Coolness.

So...who are the guests?

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Wahoo! So looking forward to 2018!
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!

Glad to have another one!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Great to hear it return for another year! It's on my husband's birthday this year, so while we'll still be going (I'm the He-Fan, he just goes for me, but he still has fun), I worry about what I will have to endure in return .
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Stratos, 4) Prince Adam, 5) Leech, 6) Kobra Khan, 7) Moss Man, 8) Shadow Weaver, 9) Bow, 10) Buzz Off

So, I have a question for those who have attended PowerCon in the past. What would be a good amount of $$ to bring to PowerCon for souvenirs and such??
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

I'll be there again!!!

What stage of exclusive planning are you at?
    Thundercats Hooooooooooo!

Awesome. In August I can make it, finally!

Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Snake Men Enthusiast QueenQuetzale's Avatar
    Wow, just a week apart from Power Morphicon! I'm gonna have a busy year.
    WARNING: FANGIRL AHEAD

Filmation Most Loved: Hordak, Catra, Sorceress
    NA Most Loved: Crita, Hoove
    MYP Most Loved: Skeletor, Orko, Snake Men
    MOTUC Most Wanted: MYP Skeletor, Filmation Sorceress, Enchantress

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    So, I have a question for those who have attended PowerCon in the past. What would be a good amount of $$ to bring to PowerCon for souvenirs and such??
    I spent about $250 on posters, figures, comics, etc. (Not including the exclusives). I could have easily spent wayyyy more but I was trying not to go crazy. Lots of great prices on classics that were tempting cause I'm missing a ton. I think it just depends on what you collect and how much disposable income you have. Just know that you will want to buy everything you see... animation cels, custom figures, classics, top toys variants, posters, comics, toothbrush holders, etc.

Even if you go and just buy a couple of items it's awesome to see everything in person, especially the rare vintage figures.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    I spent about $250 on posters, figures, comics, etc. (Not including the exclusives). I could have easily spent wayyyy more but I was trying not to go crazy. Lots of great prices on classics that were tempting cause I'm missing a ton. I think it just depends on what you collect and how much disposable income you have. Just know that you will want to buy everything you see... animation cels, custom figures, classics, top toys variants, posters, comics, toothbrush holders, etc.

Even if you go and just buy a couple of items it's awesome to see everything in person, especially the rare vintage figures.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I agree with Nick. You can spend a lot because there is so much there. It depends on what you are interested in and if you can behave yourself.
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by QueenQuetzale View Post
    Wow, just a week apart from Power Morphicon! I'm gonna have a busy year.
    It's back to back awesomeness, IMO.