Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Power-Con returning in 2018 - August 25 & 26 in Torrance, California

Quote Originally Posted by herbie747 View Post
    Just booked flights for the whole family from Ireland.

Don't change the dates, Val!!

Managed to convince my wife we should all go, using the lure of Disneyland too, ha! Very excited. Had such an amazing time this year.
    Disneyland is a great perk of Power-Con being in California. My family and I go every year!

I'd love to go, but Dragon Con starts on the 29th. Curse my fandom...
    Beware of Sham Wow imitators.

Heroic Warrior
    I’ll be going for the first time ever! So excited! I’m guessing the exclusives will be revealed soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    I’ll be going for the first time ever! So excited! I’m guessing the exclusives will be revealed soon?
    Awesome!!

I don't think the exclusives will be shown until Toy Fair. But that's Super7's call. I do know ticket sales will happen very soon after the exclusives are revealed.

But up first is hotel reservations. That will happen this month. We'll send out a notice on the site, social media, and our mailing list about dates and times.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

When can we expect the first guests to be announced? Around the time of the hotel reservations or much later?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    When can we expect the first guests to be announced? Around the time of the hotel reservations or much later?
    Probably like last year: after the hotel reservations and closer to ticket sale time.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Awesome!!

I don't think the exclusives will be shown until Toy Fair. But that's Super7's call. I do know ticket sales will happen very soon after the exclusives are revealed.

But up first is hotel reservations. That will happen this month. We'll send out a notice on the site, social media, and our mailing list about dates and times.
    Ughhhhh.....!!!!
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Last Defender of Trolla Wandering Star's Avatar
    Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    I’ll be going for the first time ever!
    Same. Maybe. Trying to convince roommate to go. Also financials. We'll see.
    • IF HARMONY IS THE KEY, THEN WHAT THE FRICK IS THE LOCK?
    • Mo-Larr is canon. Montork is not. Seriously, just WHAT.
    • (This User is Powered By Sarcasm, Autism, Trollan Magic and Just Plain Stubbornness)

Like last year, will you publish clues ( like pictures, terms, ... ) for us to try to find, before the official announcement will be made ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Star View Post
    Same. Maybe. Trying to convince roommate to go. Also financials. We'll see.
    Hope to see you there!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU7PR7 View Post
    Like last year, will you publish clues ( like pictures, terms, ... ) for us to try to find, before the official announcement will be made ?
    I dunno. Maybe. I thought that was a lot of fun. But then there were people elsewhere online being jerks about it. People like that make me not want to do fun teasers. Or I might just start calling people out by name who do that... start specifically pointing to the people who ruin it for the rest of us.

Hope to see you there!

I dunno. Maybe. I thought that was a lot of fun. But then there were people elsewhere online being jerks about it. People like that make me not want to do fun teasers. Or I might just start calling people out by name who do that... start specifically pointing to the people who ruin it for the rest of us.
    I hope you don't stop the clues. You are the only one doing this....sometimes Neca does a little but you do it a little bit at a time....that keeps fans engaged and I think builds buzz for the figures and the show.....despite a few vocal idiots....I see everyone enjoying it. This takes me back to the McFarlane movie maniacs days.

By the way liked you on the Netflix show. My wife asked is that the guy that owns that he man site you are on all day? I said yes,and I have spoken to him a few times on the site. She thought that was awesome...she said,you actually talk to him...he talks to the fans....so looks like we need autographs now.��
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    I hope you don't stop the clues. You are the only one doing this....sometimes Neca does a little but you do it a little bit at a time....that keeps fans engaged and I think builds buzz for the figures and the show.....despite a few vocal idiots....I see everyone enjoying it. This takes me back to the McFarlane movie maniacs days.
    It's cool NECA still does teasers!

The people who acted like asses about last year's PC teasers are mad I'm not giving them a road map to exactly what the figures are.

By the way liked you on the Netflix show. My wife asked is that the guy that owns that he man site you are on all day? I said yes,and I have spoken to him a few times on the site. She thought that was awesome.
    Just tell her how uncool I am. She will cease to be impressed.

The discounted Power-Con hotel block at the Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach, the location of Power-Con, opens to attendees on Friday, February 2nd, 2018 at 9am Pacific / 12pm Eastern.

In 2017, the discounted hotel block sold out in a few weeks. We expect it to sell out even faster this year. So do NOT delay in reserving your room!

IMPORTANT: In order to make sure people do not sit on discounted hotel rooms, the first night’s stay will be charged to the cards of those who reserve discounted rooms for Power-Con 2018. This charge is non-refundable. So be sure you plan to attend the show before you reserve your room in the discounted hotel block!

For those of you who are not 100% certain you will be attending, we will also post links to other hotel options nearby. Plus you will have the option of reserving via Torrance Marriott’s website at their regular room rates which gives you the option to cancel a reservation at a later date, per their cancellation policy. We hope to see you at the show!

—————————————————–
    We bet you’re wondering about tickets, exclusives, and more, right? We have some early info for you!

We hope to have ticket & exclusive pre-sales open in late February. But it might be as late as early April before they go on sale, similar to 2017. Pre-sales are tied to our show’s toy exclusives, which are in production right now. As soon as we have prices finalized on those, then ticket & exclusive pre-sales will follow.

For tickets, we will again have Saturday, Sunday and Weekend passes.
    There will also be our extremely limited Power Pass tickets that give holders early access to the show, guaranteed front row access in the panels, and access to the green room! Power Pass benefits do not extend to children 12 or under who have free entrance to the convention. Power Passes sold out in less than 10 minutes last year!

For the toy exclusives, we are moving to a smaller number of offerings. The exclusives are important for helping to make Power-Con the awesome experience that it is, but we’re also aware of how taxing it can be on your bank account if there’s too many exclusives to purchase. So for 2018, we will have just three Masters of the Universe Classics exclusives: one will be Collector’s Choice and two will be Club Grayskull. We won’t spoil what they are right now, but you could see their reveal as soon as Toy Fair this February! Also, there may be some other items in addition to MOTU Classics, similar to 2017.

For exhibitors, booth and table registration will open around the same time as Attendee registration. In 2017, we sold out of table and booth space in a record four days. So if you are interested in exhibiting at Power-Con, be sure to inquire about space as soon as registration opens! Stay tuned for the day and time that exhibitor registration will begin.

Guest announcements will start soon! Power-Con 2018 will focus primarily on the 35th anniversary of Filmation He-Man, and the 10th anniversary of MOTU Classics. So expect many of our guests to represent those two important anniversaries.

We will have a cosplay contest for 2018, and Pixel Dan will be back to MC! We’ll have info on that coming soon. But don’t let that slow you down on starting the creation of your awesome cosplay costume for Power-Con!

Volunteer & press registration will also open around the same time as Attendee registration. More info is coming!

Programming for Power-Con is usually not posted until about a month before the show. That’s because all programming is based on our guest roster, which isn’t finalized until closer to the show.

We’re excited to bring you more news soon. And please spread the word about Power-Con to anyone you know who loves Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power. It’s always better to celebrate He-Man and She-Ra with other fans! Thank you so much for your interest and support of Power-Con.

Hmm. No three packs, and only one Classics exclusive. Doesn't sound like good news for Slamurai AND Snake Horde Troopers. Unless they are packed together as a two pack, which I hope they are not since the SHTs are an army builder. Looking forward to more news.
    "..."

Hollywood Warrior InspectorZartan's Avatar
    Definitely looking forward to attending again in August and I’ll definitely be buying all 3 exclusives when they go on sale. So two CG exclusives this time around—interesting....

So if I had to guess blind I would guess maybe Songster for the CC exclusive. He seems like kinda the right level of character where he’s highly wanted by some yet at the same time a little niche. Also with Power Tour having a strong presence at the convention it would make sense. Not sure rather or not he’d be a good option from a tooling costs perspective or not since figuring out how much tooling a certain figure would require has never been my strong suit.

For the 2 CG exclusives I don’t know. My presumption is no characters not already a part of Classics, yet any main characters they’d want to save for future Super7 waves. One thing could be a variant for a character who had a specific outfit for only one episode. The example that pops in my mind from the .org polls is “night gown Adora” LOL. I don’t think it would be that one specifically but maybe something in that vain. Might take too much tooling but Santa Adam would be cool as a Con Exclusive. Or maybe something like the palace guards since those are a bit obscure compared to named characters yet could sell well as a 1 off due to troop building potential.
    TOP WANTS
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Malektha/Twiggets/RedKnight
    200X:Miro/Hawke/Illumina/BoneWarrior/ABCGiants
    NA:Nocturna/Sagitar/Kayo/Lizzor/Hoove/Vizar/
    Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    JETLAG:Sebrian/Andros/Drissi/Gleep/UR
    MISC:Delora/MOPDemons/LtAndre/EvilRobot/Damon
    BEASTS:Clawdeen/Storm/Bionotops/Mantisaur/
    TyrantisaurousRex/Moonbeam/Sundancer

Kinda hoping one of the Power-Con CG exclusives is an update/re-do/whatever of Filmation Skeletor. Be it with a different expression, accessories, or something... the original is impossible to find at an affordable price and it didn't sound like Super7 was either able to or interested in re-releasing Mattel's original... so having a Skelly exclusive to celebrate 35 years would be win-win for lots of folks!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    Hmm. No three packs, and only one Classics exclusive. Doesn't sound like good news for Slamurai AND Snake Horde Troopers. Unless they are packed together as a two pack, which I hope they are not since the SHTs are an army builder. Looking forward to more news.
    This was my first thought too. This would be another absolutely terrible idea in winning any customer confidence or happiness. To put a army builder with a unique character as a two pack so if I want 4 Snake Troopers I have to get 4 Slamaurais not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Kinda hoping one of the Power-Con CG exclusives is an update/re-do/whatever of Filmation Skeletor. Be it with a different expression, accessories, or something... the original is impossible to find at an affordable price and it didn't sound like Super7 was either able to or interested in re-releasing Mattel's original... so having a Skelly exclusive to celebrate 35 years would be win-win for lots of folks!
    Part of me understands this and part doesn’t. Mattel revealed these at SDCC 15 offers a sub and day of sales and because people didn’t want to sub and now he’s expensive on the secondary market he should be redone again? I agree with Brian Flynn it would be a waste of time and bad business to reissue everything just cause it’s expensive on the secondary market. And unlike the Ultimates they don’t have Mattel’s tooling to plus him up with other things they would have to retool the whole figure the havoc staff and everything else maybe if they had Mattel’s tooling throwing the diamond ray of disappearance, the bone sword, a regular sword, and the havoc staff would be a great idea but they don’t. I also wouldn’t mind getting the little mutation guy Axel did a concept for that was supposed to be in Filmation but never got used but I don’t want another bland detailless figure I would rather if we got the Mutation he showed up in Collector’s Choice with details and textures to fit in.

Heroic Warrior
    For the toy exclusives, we are moving to a smaller number of offerings. The exclusives are important for helping to make Power-Con the awesome experience that it is, but we’re also aware of how taxing it can be on your bank account if there’s too many exclusives to purchase. So for 2018, we will have just three Masters of the Universe Classics exclusives: one will be Collector’s Choice and two will be Club Grayskull. We won’t spoil what they are right now, but you could see their reveal as soon as Toy Fair this February! Also, there may be some other items in addition to MOTU Classics, similar to 2017.
    I really can't wait to find out what the exclusives are. I've always love getting the con exclusives, despite never being able to make it to the con. I attend in spirit and follow closely virtually. I really liked the first year when the exclusives came with little con swag (badge, mini-posters, etc.). It was a nice touch - like a comforting hug to say, "Sorry you couldn't make it in person, pal. Here's something to cheer you up." Also, let's get Joe Amaro to make some stuff. I ordered his Mumm-Ra sarcophagus and Berbils. Can't wait for them to arrive. He can never do enough.

Heroic Warrior
    Hope to see you there!

Something to bring a little excitement and help balance out the negative reactions to wave one would be great right now.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    I'm naively going to ask you that crucial question Val:

Is there a chance that the Collector's Choice offer be a 2 pack
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Flee The Moon" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8qrmaFmq0

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I also hope Super7 isn't foolish enough to make Prince Adam with Cringer a Club Grayskull powercon exlusive since he is a main character and the fan outcry will be huge because Powercon exclusives for non attendees is expensive as heck.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    I'm naively going to ask you that crucial question Val:

Is there a chance that the Collector's Choice offer be a 2 pack
    All I can say right now is that all the figures are on standard cardbacks. So the current CC and CG 7" figure packaging.
    There won't be any army builder 2-packs or figure 3-packs. At least not this year.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I also hope Super7 isn't foolish enough to make Prince Adam with Cringer a Club Grayskull powercon exlusive since he is a main character and the fan outcry will be huge because Powercon exclusives for non attendees is expensive as heck.
    I think at this point that any exclusive is going to be an important character to someone, and be met with disapproval from those who don't want that figure being an exclusive.

So, get ready for the CG Prince Adam / Cringer / Adora / Swift Wind 4-pack, folks!!
    j/k

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    All I can say right now is that all the figures are on standard cardbacks. So the current CC and CG 7" figure packaging.
    There won't be any army builder 2-packs or figure 3-packs. At least not this year.
    Man ... You've just broke my heart into a thousand pieces.
    Why do i have the persistent intuition that Songster might have the slot this year
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Flee The Moon" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8qrmaFmq0

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    Man ... You've just broke my heart into a thousand pieces.
    Why do i have the persistent intuition that Songster might have the slot this year
    Songster would be awesome.

I think at this point that any exclusive is going to be an important character to someone, and be met with disapproval from those who don't want that figure being an exclusive.

So, get ready for the CG Prince Adam / Cringer / Adora / Swift Wind 4-pack, folks!!
    j/k

Yeah but Val the Non-Attendees have to purchase a special badge that costs then they have to pay the marked up price for the Exclusive figure then the shipping cost. So for say a Club Grayskull Filmation Prince Adam ( used as example only) would cost about as much as purchasing a set of four MOTUC's figures from super7

That's why Super7 could lose customers making Main Characters like Prince Adam, She-Ra, Stratos or Ram-Man a powercon Exclusive instead of an obscure character like say Chef Allen or say a Skeletor reissue
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.