Page 4 of 83 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Power-Con returning in 2018 - August 25 & 26 in Torrance, California

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    So for say a Club Grayskull Filmation Prince Adam ( used as example only) would cost about as much as purchasing a set of four MOTUC's figures from super7
    All I said is that any exclusive is going to be an important character to some fans.

But, how did you come up with an exclusive costing 4x the cost of a figure from Super7?
    No one even knows how much a single 7" figure will cost from Power-Con. But going by a break down of cost on a 3-pack compared to Super7, the 2017 exclusives weren't 4x the cost of a figure from Super7.

I did some quick math.
    If someone only ordered one three pack in 2017, their total cost in the USA, with shipping and the MAP was 199.00. That breaks down to 66.33 per figure
    Obviously if they ordered more than one 3-pack, the price starts coming down per figure. But I went with the high end of the scale.

Now, for Super7, if you pre-order a set of 4 Collector's Choice Wave 2 from Super7, the total cost in the USA, with shipping, is 156.64. That breaks down to 39.16 per figure.

That means, in a worst case scenario, the Power-Con figures were 1.7x as expensive. That's a far cry from 4x the cost.

That said, I get what you are saying in spirit. But the plus side, it gets more figures out per year.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    All I said is that any exclusive is going to be an important character to some fans.

But, how did you come up with an exclusive costing 4x the cost of a figure from Super7?
    No one even knows how much a single 7" figure will cost from Power-Con. But going by a break down of cost on a 3-pack compared to Super7, the 2017 exclusives weren't 4x the cost of a figure from Super7.

I did some quick math.
    If someone only ordered one three pack in 2017, their total cost in the USA, with shipping and the MAP was 199.00. That breaks down to 66.33 per figure
    Obviously if they ordered more than one 3-pack, the price starts coming down per figure. But I went with the high end of the scale.

Now, for Super7, if you pre-order a set of 4 Collector's Choice Wave 2 from Super7, the total cost in the USA, with shipping, is 156.64. That breaks down to 39.16 per figure.

That means, in a worst case scenario, the Power-Con figures were 1.7x as expensive. That's a far cry from 4x the cost.

That said, I get what you are saying in spirit. But the plus side, it gets more figures out per year.
    I was going by the singles like Red Beast Man or Camo Khan. When you factor in that a non attendee has to purchase a badge then the figure then the shipping its close $100.00 and four figures from Super7 are like $139.99

That's all I was saying that's it's not cheap. I'm not knocking you personally Val
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Well, so much for Power Con Exclusive speculation bringing about some positivity

All figures being produced now are coming at a premium price, so doesn't really matter to me if you make them in the regular waves or exclusives.

If Power Con is celebrating Filmation this year, making one of the exclusives be Prince Adam makes sense. Plus, Adam has been an exclusive before in Classics, so that precedence has been set. Even "essential" characters like Rokkon and Stonedar were made SDCC exclusives.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I was going by the singles like Red Beast Man or Camo Khan. When you factor in that a non attendee has to purchase a badge then the figure then the shipping its close $100.00 and four figures from Super7 are like $139.99

That's all I was saying that's it's not cheap. I'm not knocking you personally Val
    No worries! I haven't taken any offense to anything you've posted.

In 2016, it still wasn't 4x the cost. One 7" figure, including MAP and USA shipping, was 80.00. That's a bit over 2x the cost of a Super7 figure including shipping.

And that's only if you had bought ONE 7" figure back then. Very few people did that. Most ordered all three (Camo Khan, red Beast Man, green Granamyr). After that, the next most popular order was both of 7" figures, which averaged out to $64.00 each including the MAP and USA shipping.

The exclusives will always be more expensive than figures bought directly from Super7, but no where near 4x the cost.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    I'll conclude by saying that whoever the CC candidate is, he'll be worth the shot for a purist like myself.

I ain't gonna hide the fact that i'm desperatly yearning for Mask Of Power Demon to show up ever since
    concept characters like Plasmar and co appeared on the booth last year, the Power Con seems
    to be the perfect place for a selection of this nature.

Hopefully S7 will give a chance to at least one of them within the next few waves coz i remember that you Val,
    may have other plans next year too ...
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Flee The Moon" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8qrmaFmq0

Actually knowing know that this year theme will be on the power tour, Songster would a great CC Candidate, i would totally love him as an exclusive, more so then Slamurai or Snake Horde Troopers, which i initially predicted. This would be a great opportunity for them to make him and i remember back in 2011, Mattell already had Songster under consideration, in fact all characters in the under consideration, or the obvious list have already been made, except Songster which makes me think that maybe Mattell had started to make him or some scuplts existed but pulled him back to allow the vintage characters to get released first. Heres that article http://www.he-man.org/news_article.php?id=2252 . The 88' figures seemed like the most obvious since that would complete the 88 wave as well as Slamurai making a guest appearance on the box art, and the parts sharing makes him an easy figure to make. The thing with Songster is that in regards to parts sharing and new tooling, is Songster a candidate for a Powercon exclusive? My understanding is that each of these exclusives has to have minimal new tooling, i think out of all the ones that came out, Mini Comic Trap jaw had the most new parts, with his head and loin. I think he has alot more parts, that would need to get made then parts to share.

For the toy exclusives, we are moving to a smaller number of offerings. The exclusives are important for helping to make Power-Con the awesome experience that it is, but we’re also aware of how taxing it can be on your bank account if there’s too many exclusives to purchase. So for 2018, we will have just three Masters of the Universe Classics exclusives: one will be Collector’s Choice and two will be Club Grayskull. We won’t spoil what they are right now, but you could see their reveal as soon as Toy Fair this February! Also, there may be some other items in addition to MOTU Classics, similar to 2017.
    I know it will be necessary to wait 3 weeks ( and the New York Toy Fair ) to know the name of the 3 Power-con exclusives. But without providing names or trailers, it's possible to know if the 3 exclusives are " standard " action figures ? Or if like 2 years ago, with Green Granamyr, we have a bigger ( or a smaller ) Figure in the three.

For the toy exclusives, we are moving to a smaller number of offerings. The exclusives are important for helping to make Power-Con the awesome experience that it is, but we’re also aware of how taxing it can be on your bank account if there’s too many exclusives to purchase. So for 2018, we will have just three Masters of the Universe Classics exclusives: one will be Collector’s Choice and two will be Club Grayskull. We won’t spoil what they are right now, but you could see their reveal as soon as Toy Fair this February! Also, there may be some other items in addition to MOTU Classics, similar to 2017.

Guest announcements will start soon! Power-Con 2018 will focus primarily on the 35th anniversary of Filmation He-Man, and the 10th anniversary of MOTU Classics. So expect many of our guests to represent those two important anniversaries.
    Let the guessing begin! :hosmile: I hope teasers will be shown again, that was a fun experience. Don’t let a few rotten eggs spoil the basket. Great to know the distribution, having 2 more Filmation style figures is always a plus for me!

For CG Filmation: I could see the two being Faker (with two heads: regular white eyed & robotic face) and Melaktha (with Filmation artifacts).

For CC: Mini comic Tri-klops or Grey
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2018: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post

For CG Filmation: I could see the two being Faker (with two heads: regular white eyed & robotic face) and Melaktha (with Filmation artifacts).

For CC: Mini comic Tri-klops or Grey
    I luv your speculation!
    As for the CC character, if Triklops gets the slot, i hope the Power Con may
    provide an extra Head and harness for his Filmation replica too (one may dream!).
    Listen the single "Flee The Moon" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8qrmaFmq0

I feel stridor. I don't see anything saying the collectors choice was not a beast.

The CG figures....transforming he man and faker.

Just my guesses.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Actually knowing know that this year theme will be on the power tour, Songster would a great CC Candidate, i would totally love him as an exclusive, more so then Slamurai or Snake Horde Troopers, which i initially predicted. This would be a great opportunity for them to make him and i remember back in 2011, Mattell already had Songster under consideration, in fact all characters in the under consideration, or the obvious list have already been made, except Songster which makes me think that maybe Mattell had started to make him or some scuplts existed but pulled him back to allow the vintage characters to get released first. Heres that article http://www.he-man.org/news_article.php?id=2252 . The 88' figures seemed like the most obvious since that would complete the 88 wave as well as Slamurai making a guest appearance on the box art, and the parts sharing makes him an easy figure to make. The thing with Songster is that in regards to parts sharing and new tooling, is Songster a candidate for a Powercon exclusive? My understanding is that each of these exclusives has to have minimal new tooling, i think out of all the ones that came out, Mini Comic Trap jaw had the most new parts, with his head and loin. I think he has alot more parts, that would need to get made then parts to share.
    I hope so much that it is Songster, this way he won't be a "forced buy" in the Super 7 waves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    I feel stridor. I don't see anything saying the collectors choice was not a beast.

The CG figures....transforming he man and faker.

Just my guesses.

I actually would love it to be Stridor, but non-attendees may get their britches in a wad
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

One of the exclusives is Snake Mountain
    HA!
    Just kidding. I'd prefer not to be the most hated person in the fandom.

One of the exclusives is Snake Mountain
    HA!
    Just kidding. I'd prefer not to be the most hated person in the fandom.
    More seriously though, is there a small chance to get the teasers restarted this year?
    All i remember is that was really exciting and fun, i can't believe i was the only one thinking this way ...

It's possible. But w'll know if it can happen if you start seeing teasers.

I'm still hoping for Mini-Comic Tri-Klops (been wanting him since his reveal in the comics). The artwork for last year's sets gave me some hope, but being only one Collector's Choice option definitely makes that prospect seem less likely to me. :/

Either way, I'm looking forward to the reveal.

Randy
    Powered Convoy -Owner and Propreitor of the Skele-Store,
    offering a small range of stock, and the worst prices on the Net!

While i'm happy for any motuc news, i am slightly disappointed there is only one cc offering versus two cg. No slight on filmation figure fans, but are there any insights into how much better cg have been selling than cc?
    Last edited by Rainman; January 30, 2018 at 09:06pm.

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    This year being the 35th anniversary of the Filmation cartoon, leaning into Filmation figures for the Power-Con exclusives makes complete sense. Filmation may not be everyone's cup of tea but the brand is uniquely indebted to it. Time to celebrate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Wow how did I miss this news? 2 CG figs as PC exclusives? Help me out here, but aren't these exclusives purely made up of past figures? And no new parts? So based on this, I assume Prince Adam can be a big contender, as well as being a Faker figure. And because these are more simplistic in design, would you only be working with parts from the CG line? Pants wise for a male I think yes, because that is already in stock. But I don't know if S7 has the casts for the Matty wave 1 of CG.
    Shadow Weaver could be an easy redo - just repaint her and she'll be Filmation. Let the speculation begin!

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by poweredconvoy View Post
    I'm still hoping for Mini-Comic Tri-Klops (been wanting him since his reveal in the comics).
    The Texeira ones?
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    Wow how did I miss this news? 2 CG figs as PC exclusives? Help me out here, but aren't these exclusives purely made up of past figures? And no new parts? So based on this, I assume Prince Adam can be a big contender, as well as being a Faker figure. And because these are more simplistic in design, would you only be working with parts from the CG line? Pants wise for a male I think yes, because that is already in stock. But I don't know if S7 has the casts for the Matty wave 1 of CG.
    Shadow Weaver could be an easy redo - just repaint her and she'll be Filmation. Let the speculation begin!
    Last year we saw some minor new parts in the mini comics 3 pack, such as a new head, belt, and loincloth for Trap Jaw, and a new necklace and belt embellishment on Stratos.

However, everything is a new part now, since Super7 doesn't have access to Mattel's tools. I feel like that is no longer an issue for Power Con Exclusives like it was with Mattel.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    So based on this, I assume Prince Adam can be a big contender, as well as being a Faker figure.
    You know, that got me thinking, a repainted Filmation He-Man in Faker colors or even Anti-Eternia He-Man would be awesome! I'd snap those up in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    The Texeira ones?
    Those would be the ones.
    Powered Convoy -Owner and Propreitor of the Skele-Store,
    offering a small range of stock, and the worst prices on the Net!

I didn't see this on the Power-Con website so forgive me if I missed it, but what days are the discounted rates available for? I was looking to book Thursday - Sunday.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2018!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

How do we get in the Power-Con hotel block? Are you sending out a link?

I don’t recall how it worked last year.
    Hey Super 7, Snake Mountain rocks! Let's Kickstart it!

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I didn't see this on the Power-Con website so forgive me if I missed it, but what days are the discounted rates available for? I was looking to book Thursday - Sunday.
    Ticket sales? Or hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    How do we get in the Power-Con hotel block? Are you sending out a link?

I don’t recall how it worked last year.
    Keep an eye out! It's going to be posted here at 9am Pacific / 12pm Eastern on the PC site.