Page 49 of 83 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2072

Thread: Power-Con returning in 2018 - August 25 & 26 in Torrance, California

Val can the exclusives sell out during the preorder window? Don’t want to miss out waiting to see if you can get the shipping worked out before ordering.

Heroic Warrior
    Frankly is it not enough that CC collectors have 300ish figures in detailed style. All filmation fans are wanting are filmation characters in animated style. It’s not like we are demanding a vintage or NA to be animated aesthetic.

You guys have gotten vintage, NA, 200x, mini comics and some key Filmation characters with detailing. Don’t you think you could be gracious and let filmation fans get just a tiny slice of the vast Motu universe to ourselves and allow them to be faithful to the animated source material from where they actually originated Or must you be greedy and get everything detailed and inaccurate including Filmation too?!?!?!?

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Doesn't Mattel own those molds since they paid to have them tooled? Can't Mattel just tell their Factory give the MOTUC molds to Super7 they are making the figures for us and tell Super7 the grade of plastic our MOTUC figures used?
    Its my understanding that the plastic recipe is a trade secret kinda thing that Mattel won't give up. And the Molds are huge and frequently factories recycle molds from discontinued toy lines (which is what the factory would see this as Im sure)

Heroic Warrior
    just now seeing the reveals. nice.

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Absolutely LOVE all 3(4) reveals!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Great to hear from you again! I miss your and MOTU_Maniac's enthusiasm for this line!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the kind words. I don’t visit the Org much anymore, but I absolutely love the reveals. Unfortunately, I don’t have much enthusiasm these days due to all of my health issues.
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Frankly is it not enough that CC collectors have 300ish figures in detailed style. All filmation fans are wanting are filmation characters in animated style. It’s not like we are demanding a vintage or NA to be animated aesthetic.

You guys have gotten vintage, NA, 200x, mini comics and some key Filmation characters with detailing. Don’t you think you could be gracious and let filmation fans get just a tiny slice of the vast Motu universe to ourselves and allow them to be faithful to the animated source material from where they actually originated Or must you be greedy and get everything detailed and inaccurate including Filmation too?!?!?!?
    It isn't greedy if fans have BEEN getting that style before Filmation figures were even planned. That line continues to this day.

What you never realize is that we now have TWO sets of Filmation characters. One with detail from the existing Classics line and one from the Filmation toyline with the animated stylings. Just as you want Plundor with less detail, those fans would want Kittrina with more detailing. Just as you would never give up collecting Filmation versions of MOTU characters, would you ever expect for the collectors who have dealt with 10 years of ups and downs to suddenly stop what they spent so much time and resources building up with the Classicized versions?

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It isn't greedy if fans have BEEN getting that style before Filmation figures were even planned. That line continues to this day.

What you never realize is that we now have TWO sets of Filmation characters. One with detail from the existing Classics line and one from the Filmation toyline with the animated stylings. Just as you want Plundor with less detail, those fans would want Kittrina with more detailing. Just as you would never give up collecting Filmation versions of MOTU characters, would you ever expect for the collectors who have dealt with 10 years of ups and downs to suddenly stop what they spent so much time and resources building up with the Classicized versions?
    I think if motuc ended you’d be hard pressed to say you got cheated on anything. 300 figures. A complete vintage. And many more. They should be happy with that. If I ever got 50 filmation I know I wouldn’t be complaining They can adapt and live with animated versions. Better than nothing.

And for all intents and purposes—despite being rewritten by fans—this is a reboot. Motuc was done in 2016 Mattel is no longer running the show. S7 is. And they never have explicitly in writing said they were going to be held to details on unique first time characters. And their brand is more nostalgic properties like the filmation cartoons and with limited resources I can see why they’d focus more on filmation since that a) was just getting started as Matty ended. B) allows S7 to get out the popular motu characters without reissuing previously released vintage versions that people already have c) plays to their brand d) performs better sales wise and e) requires less complicated tooling and paint deco.

I even suspect they were eager to get motu license for the filmation rights mostly than continuing the obscure stuff. They’ll throw a bone here or there to non filmation stuff but filmation is their focus

And the way I look at it. I have to live with overly done inaccurate characters like plundor fangman etc in my animated collection. You guys can live with some characters animated in your motuc collection
    Last edited by degra; March 31, 2018 at 11:09pm.

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

I think if motuc ended you’d be hard pressed to say you got cheated on anything. 300 figures. A complete vintage. And many more. They should be happy with that. If I ever got 50 filmation I know I wouldn’t be complaining They can adapt and live with animated versions. Better than nothing.
    Aw, you would still be complaining about how the other group got Icer, if you never got a Filmation version.

How about YOU adapt and live with DETAILED versions? Way more Filmation characters over in Classics than in the Filmation line. Better than nothing, right?!! Is Club Filmation going to re-make everyone that Classics has already done years before? Icer? Batros? Strongarm? Lizard Man?

You're one of the noisy few who keep beating this tired drum over Club Filmation being the sole place for any Filmation characters. The Classics toyline that features EVERY era of MOTU in the Vintage aesthetic, including Filmation.

And for all intents and purposes—despite being rewritten by fans—this is a reboot. Mattel is no longer running the show. S7 is. And they never have explicitly in writing said they were going to be held to details on unique first time characters.
    The Super 7 era is a continuation of what came before, not a reboot. The Filmation line was introduced under Mattel. They are continuing that, as well as Classics.

And their brand is more nostalgic properties like the filmation cartoons snd with limited resources I can see why they’d focus more on filmation since that a) was just getting started as Matty ended. B) allows S7 to get out the popular motu characters without reissuing previouskyvreleased vintage versions c) plays to their brand and d) performs better sells wise
    The Vintage designs are also just as nostalgic. 5" figures like He-Ro and Eldor and the Vintage Era 3.75" Kenner figures. Kids might have been watching the Filmation characters on television, but they were also playing with the Vintage figures.

The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    Well I don’t have to settle for details on my filmation figures anymore. S7 is giving me accurate animated figures of not just variant characters but the likes of Hawke Dylamug Granita

S7 has decided filmation characters are no longer part of the Motuc line. They are choosing for them to fit into our animated collections now that they have the license. No more Mattel. No more toyguru dictating things The unique characters may be slotted into the fan poll waves in CC but they’re filmation accurate. Better late than never I say.

And it’s a reboot in the sense it’s a noticeable shift from Motuc to the filmation line with no obligation to make the filmation characters detailed
    Last edited by degra; March 31, 2018 at 11:37pm.

Aw, you would still be complaining about how the other group got Icer, if you never got a Filmation version.

How about YOU adapt and live with DETAILED versions? Way more Filmation characters over in Classics than in the Filmation line. Better than nothing, right?!! Is Club Filmation going to re-make everyone that Classics has already done years before? Icer? Batros? Strongarm? Lizard Man?

You're one of the noisy few who keep beating this tired drum over Club Filmation being the sole place for any Filmation characters. The Classics toyline that features EVERY era of MOTU in the Vintage aesthetic, including Filmation.

The Super 7 era is a continuation of what came before, not a reboot. The Filmation line was introduced under Mattel. They are continuing that, as well as Classics.

The Vintage designs are also just as nostalgic. 5" figures like He-Ro and Eldor and the Vintage Era 3.75" Kenner figures. Kids might have been watching the Filmation characters on television, but they were also playing with the Vintage figures.

How about we ALL adapt and just be happy that we are even getting what we are getting???

And the way I look at it. I have to live with overly done inaccurate characters like plundor fangman etc in my animated collection. You guys can live with some characters animated in your motuc collection
    degra...we don't need to do that!

We DO have two toy lines. Club Filmation is in it's infancy and doesn't even have flipping Stratos or Battle Cat yet. Club Filmation should worry about getting those main toyline characters done before stressing over obscure Filmation C and D-listers, which is where Classics is at right now.

Classics should have the first go at fresh characters since they are the farthest along.

The casual Filmation fan factor is another consideration. Casual fans might go for the toyline Filmation characters like say Filmation Fisto, but do they really know, care or remember who Dylamug is? At least Classics was designed for the hardcore MOTU fan who'd recognize such a character.

The Blonde Teela Thread

Heroic Warrior
    degra...we don't need to do that!

We DO have two toy lines. Club Filmation is in it's infancy and doesn't even have flipping Stratos or Battle Catyet. Club Filmation should worry about getting those main toyline characters done before stressing over obscure Filmation C and D-listers, which is where Classics is at right now.

Classics should have the first go at fresh characters since they are the farthest along.

The casual Filmation fan factor is another consideration. Casual fans might go for the toyline Filmation characters like say Filmation Fisto, but do they really know, care or remember who Dylamug is? At least Classics was designed for the hardcore MOTU fan who'd recognize such a character.
    Well I and S7 disagree. You do now have to live with it if you own a Hawke or will own Granita or Dylamug

And is there really such a thing as a casual filmation fan when it comes to these figures? I mean if being sold at stores maybe but if you are far enough along to even be aware of such a thing as Club Grayskull you’re most likely be a hardcore filmation fan and will know Dylamug and others. We’re not talking casual adult strolling into walmart seeing filmation he man and grabbing him leaving behind Dylamug or Granita. Anyone who has made it to a toy news site or here is gonna be fairly well versed in filmation enough that they went to trouble to search it out online. Nothing casual about that
    Last edited by degra; March 31, 2018 at 11:48pm.

Well I don’t have to settle for details on my filmation figures anymore. S7 is giving me accurate animated figures of not just variant characters but the likes of Hawke Dylamug Granita

S7 has decided filmation characters are no longer part of the Motuc line. They are choosing for them to fit into our animated collections now that they have the license. No more Mattel. No more toyguru dictating things The unique characters may be slotted into the fan poll waves in CC but they’re filmation accurate. Better late than never I say.

And it’s a reboot in the sense it’s a noticeable shift from Motuc to the filmation line with no obligation to make the filmation characters detailed
    Well I and S7 disagree. You do now have to live with it if you own a Hawke or will own Granita or Dylamug
    I'm sorry...are you a member of Super 7? Are you officially speaking on behalf of their company, do they actually think that way or is this simply conjecture on your part?

And is there really such a thing as a casual filmation fan when it comes to these figures? I mean if being sold at stores maybe but if you are far enough along to even be aware of such a thing as Club Grayskull you’re most likely be a hardcore filmation fan and will know Dylamug and others. We’re not talking casual adult strolling into walmart seeing filmation he man and grabbing him leaving behind Dylamug or Granita. Anyone who has made it to a toynee site or here is gonna be fairly well versed in filmation if that’s why they’re here to begin with
    Not really. There are the toyline characters and then there are the obscure characters. There are fans who might only want certain characters who decide to go to online places such as BBTS because they don't want to buy any characters that they don't know or don't like. Quakke and Hawke are still up on BBTS (they were both on cartoons, no less!) while Fang-Or and Lodar are sold out. Hordak has sold out, while the other characters (Teela, Tri-Klops and MAA) are still in stock.

The Blonde Teela Thread

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar

S7 has decided filmation characters are no longer part of the Motuc line. The are choosing for them to fit into our animated collections now that they have the license.
    And that's exactly the problem. They minority is being catered to. We are expected to change the style of figure we are collecting after 10 years of time and money invested into the line.
    Last edited by davidlogan; April 1, 2018 at 12:44am. Reason: Typo
    "..."

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    And that's exactly the problem. They minority is being catered to. We are expected to change the style of figure we are collecting after 10 years of time and money invested into the line.
    No change for me, if super7 drops classics,I drop them. I am not alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Absolutely LOVE all 3(4) reveals!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the kind words. I don’t visit the Org much anymore, but I absolutely love the reveals. Unfortunately, I don’t have much enthusiasm these days due to all of my health issues.
    My thoughts with you for your health. It was nice to see your name again.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    I quite understand why S7 would focus more on Filmation style rather than what we were used to think of as Classics (detailed) style. So, if driven by market and new owner of the property, Filmation-style is the dominant trend, let be it. I'm willing to live with what someone expressed as a "bone" thrown at us (customers whose interests are more for a detailed design). However, what I don't quite understand is the purpose of CC line. I thought it was a continuation of Classics, but when I see characters like Hawke, Dylamug and Granita, and also I read about how a character was intended to be in CC or CG but ended up in the other line, that's what confuses me and make me think that Filmation-style designs are "invading" the Classics aesthetics. Yes, I know some people will say something like "just don't buy characters which you don't like", but the problem is that we are not getting an offer on the first market character-based, instead you have to commit to all 4 characters for CC, even if there are clearly Filmation-style designs thrown in there... so, that's not giving opportunity to customers to choose and live with those "bones" thrown at us, instead it's forcing us to buy what we don't want in order to have something we want... and yes again, I know that was the same situation with the Mattel subscription model (character-wise, at least), but I was able to cherry-pick the day-of-sale, we don't have that now, we have to "finance" the other design style if we want to pre-order directly from S7.

Well, it is what it is and we have to live with that, go to the after-market. etc., if we want to chew some of those Classics bones, but this is not a win-win situation as some people choose to believe.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    What S7 should have done was just be done with CC since you guys aren’t happy. And just said now that they have the license doing animated filmation figures. Instead they threw you guys what at this point in life of Motuc is gravy. And instead of being happy you get figure 351, 352 you complain that not every figure caters to your tastes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    I quite understand why S7 would focus more on Filmation style rather than what we were used to think of as Classics (detailed) style. So, if driven by market and new owner of the property, Filmation-style is the dominant trend, let be it. I'm willing to live with what someone expressed as a "bone" thrown at us (customers whose interests are more for a detailed design). However, what I don't quite understand is the purpose of CC line. I thought it was a continuation of Classics, but when I see characters like Hawke, Dylamug and Granita, and also I read about how a character was intended to be in CC or CG but ended up in the other line, that's what confuses me and make me think that Filmation-style designs are "invading" the Classics aesthetics. Yes, I know some people will say something like "just don't buy characters which you don't like", but the problem is that we are not getting an offer on the first market character-based, instead you have to commit to all 4 characters for CC, even if there are clearly Filmation-style designs thrown in there... so, that's not giving opportunity to customers to choose and live with those "bones" thrown at us, instead it's forcing us to buy what we don't want in order to have something we want... and yes again, I know that was the same situation with the Mattel subscription model (character-wise, at least), but I was able to cherry-pick the day-of-sale, we don't have that now, we have to "finance" the other design style if we want to pre-order directly from S7.

Well, it is what it is and we have to live with that, go to the after-market. etc., if we want to chew some of those Classics bones, but this is not a win-win situation as some people choose to believe.
    Collector’s Choice simply refers to fan demanded figures. It isn’t an extension of Motuc. It’s a catch all wave of figures featuring popularly voted chatacters from all media. And a lot happen to be filmation characters and being such are faithful to where they originated ie the filmation cartoon hence less detail. Just like if 87 movie figures get made they’ll have more detail being live action than your average Motuc figure

What you should is find a filmation fan like myself who wants the filmation characters and split the wave. You get your detailed figures without being saddled with the less detailed filmation characters in the CC waves
    Last edited by degra; April 1, 2018 at 12:42am.

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    My thoughts with you for your health. It was nice to see your name again.
    Thank you so much. It has been a 2-year journey of continuous health problems one right after another.
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

Bow on roids...
    Ha! Perfectly put!

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar

Collector’s Choice simply refers to fan demanded figures. It isn’t an extension of Motuc. It’s a catch all wave of figures featuring popularly voted chatacters from all media. And a lot happen to be filmation characters and being such are faithful to where they originated ie the filmation cartoon hence less detail. Just like if 87 movie figures get made they’ll have more detail being live action than your average Motuc figure

This is the right answer to my concern, I must admit. Not that it makes me happier, but at least it is a rationale.

At this point, my only real interests are some concept characters like Red Beast and Red Shadow, some mini-comic characters like Hans Hammerholder and Ra-Jar, and my absolute top-wish character Sagitar... Hopefully if they're done (probability is so low) they will be done in a highly detailed style, since they are not related to Filmation in any way I can think of.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Last Defender of Trolla Wandering Star's Avatar
    Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    Pulling this up for a rather late reply, because why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksun442 View Post
    Yukkers should be in there, he's just a new head
    Actually, it wouldn't be. Squonge would just require a new head; Yukkers would also require new forearms as well because of his cuffs (see pic).
    il_570xN.1474925251_mg62.jpg
    But again, not expecting any others to realistically show up. Ever. Nice to dream, though.
    • HARMONY IS THE KEY LOVE IS THE LAW
    • Who weeps for Trolla? I DO.
    • (This User is Powered By Sarcasm, Autism, Trollan Magic and Just Plain Stubbornness)

Heroic Warrior
    50 FILMATION characters and we don't get to read Degra complain, he says?

He-Man
    She-Ra
    Swift Wind
    Arrow
    Catra
    Skeletor
    Evil-Lyn
    BeastMan
    TrapJaw
    Clawful
    Hawke
    Teela
    ManAtArms
    Hordak
    Orko
    Dylamug
    Sorceress
    Merman
    TungLashor
    ManEFaces
    Dre-Elle
    Montork
    Chopper
    Spikor
    MadameRazz
    Shokoti
    Lord Masque
    Plundor
    Nepthu
    Batros
    Icer
    Kowl
    Lookee
    FangMan
    StrongOr
    General Sundar
    Scorpia
    Shadow Weaver
    Imp
    Shadow Beast
    Granamyr
    Hover Robots
    Eternos Palace King Randor
    Queen Marlena
    Adora
    Cringer
    Sea Hawk
    Octavia
    Castaspella
    Zodac (DCvsMOTU)
    Lizard Man
    Huntara

I will close the door behind you. Good journey. *waves furiously*

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Catra
    Shokoti
    Lord Masque
    Plundor
    Nepthu
    Batros
    Icer
    FangMan
    StrongOr
    General Sundar
    Scorpia
    Sea Hawk
    Octavia
    Castaspella
    Zodac (DCvsMOTU)
    Lizard Man

Arent filmation accurate animated style figures. They’re detailed inaccurate classicized figures

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Thank you so much. It has been a 2-year journey of continuous health problems one right after another.
    Please allow me to echo the earlier sentiment. I am really happy you are still with the fan community! Have things settled at all for you?

Heroic Warrior
    Catra
    Shokoti
    Lord Masque
    Plundor
    Nepthu
    Batros
    Icer
    FangMan
    StrongOr
    General Sundar
    Scorpia
    Sea Hawk
    Octavia
    Castaspella
    Zodac (DCvsMOTU)
    Lizard Man

Arent filmation accurate animated style figures. They’re detailed inaccurate classicized figures
    Name all detail changes. I'll wait. *goes to bed*.