Page 5 of 83 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Power-Con returning in 2018 - August 25 & 26 in Torrance, California

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Ticket sales? Or hotel?

Keep an eye out! It's going to be posted here at 9am Pacific / 12pm Eastern on the PC site.
    Thank you!
    Hey Super 7, Snake Mountain rocks! Let's Kickstart it!

The Power-Con convention is being held on August 25th & 26th, 2018 at the Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach! We have secured a special room rate for Power-Con attendees!

• Single or Double Standard Room, $147 USD per night; up to 4 people per room

You will be charged the first night’s room cost. This is a NON-refundable advanced deposit for (1) night room and tax. It should be charged within 48 hours after placing your reservation, to the credit card you have on file.

For the reservation link, and links to other nearby hotel options in the surrounding Torrance area, please visit the Hotel section on the Power-Con website.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Got it! See you there!
    Hey Super 7, Snake Mountain rocks! Let's Kickstart it!

Last Defender of Trolla Wandering Star's Avatar
    Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    Welp, I'm now committed to Power-Con (or should be committed to a funny farm, not sure which it is yet). That having been done, lemme just toss my metaphorical hat into the ring and play the Let's Guess the Power-Con Collector's Choice Exclusive Figure Game.

What I Think It Should Be: Mr. Staples has been rather cagey thus far about hints as to this year's CC exclusive. We know that it will be a single cardback. It has been neither confirmed nor denied, however, as to whether or not it will be a single figure (implying that it could, in fact, be two smaller figures). With this year's convention theme revolving around the 35th anniversary of the original Filmation series and the 10th anniversary of the Classics toy line, this (along with a rather pronounced bias) leads me to the conclusion that the Power-Con Collector's Choice exclusive this year should be... Dree Elle and Montork.

Why? These are characters that have been requested for nearly 35 years. They are fan favorites that have yet to appear in any toy form. I recall reading somewhere that they had been part of Mattel's extended roadmap before the line was dropped. And lastly, but certainly not leastly, they would be paying tribute to two of the voice actors from the series who are no longer with us. As for the issue of Power-Con figures being comprised of existing tooling, Wayne-Klops brought up a good point some posts back: Super7 is working with new tooling for virtually everything since the factory switch. Thus, nothing should really be out of the realm of possibility.

What It Probably Will Be: Minicomic Tri-Klops.
    Last edited by Wandering Star; February 2, 2018 at 04:27pm. Reason: Being a picky such-and-so about my wording
    • IF HARMONY IS THE KEY, THEN WHAT THE FRICK IS THE LOCK?
    • Mo-Larr is canon. Montork is not. Seriously, just WHAT.
    • (This User is Powered By Sarcasm, Autism, Trollan Magic and Just Plain Stubbornness)

Ticket sales? Or hotel?
    I was referring to the hotel. I just booked though and was informed the rate was only available for Friday and Saturday, so will reserve at another hotel for the other nights.
    Last edited by Swifty; February 3, 2018 at 01:52am.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2018!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Star View Post
    Welp, I'm now committed to Power-Con (or should be committed to a funny farm, not sure which it is yet). That having been done, lemme just toss my metaphorical hat into the ring and play the Let's Guess the Power-Con Collector's Choice Exclusive Figure Game.

What I Think It Should Be: Mr. Staples has been rather cagey thus far about hints as to this year's CC exclusive. We know that it will be a single cardback. It has been neither confirmed nor denied, however, as to whether or not it will be a single figure (implying that it could, in fact, be two smaller figures). With this year's convention theme revolving around the 35th anniversary of the original Filmation series and the 10th anniversary of the Classics toy line, this (along with a rather pronounced bias) leads me to the conclusion that the Power-Con Collector's Choice exclusive this year should be... Dree Elle and Montork.

Why? These are characters that have been requested for nearly 35 years. They are fan favorites that have yet to appear in any toy form. I recall reading somewhere that they had been part of Mattel's extended roadmap before the line was dropped. And lastly, but certainly not leastly, they would be paying tribute to two of the voice actors from the series who are no longer with us. As for the issue of Power-Con figures being comprised of existing tooling, Wayne-Klops brought up a good point some posts back: Super7 is working with new tooling for virtually everything since the factory switch. Thus, nothing should really be out of the realm of possibility.

I think it's going to be the White Ninja AKA Slamurai based off last years exclusive cardback. Which I'm completely okay with.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    I think it's going to be the White Ninja AKA Slamurai based off last years exclusive cardback. Which I'm completely okay with.
    If its either MC Tri-Klops or Slamurai I'll be happy with either!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Vintage Attack Trak, POP Vintage Variants completed, NA Vintage completed, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Ice Armor He-Man, Skeleteen

Another much cheaper option will be Kowla and Red Eye. They're basically the same mould with just minor tweaks. That would be an awesome 2pack, just like the other 2 Trollans. Heck, with S7 having to use new molds they may even give us Twiggets or the Widgets. They're small and would be half the cost to produce. Perhaps that's why Val doesn't want to give us teasers since because it will immediately be recognized and spoil the fun. Even just a picture of the colours will immediately give away if its Kowla or Red Eye or a twigget.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    If its either MC Tri-Klops or Slamurai I'll be happy with either!
    I also think it might be Slamurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    Perhaps that's why Val doesn't want to give us teasers since because it will immediately be recognized and spoil the fun.
    Nah, not that. I'm waiting on Super7's plans for how they want to do teasers / reveals.
    We'd already be doing them, but I know Brian wants fans to start getting the figures in-hand before they start doing more Classics reveals. I understand where he's coming from as he doesn't want fans feeling bombarded with more info until they start getting what they already paid for.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Nah, not that. I'm waiting on Super7's plans for how they want to do teasers / reveals.
    We'd already be doing them, but I know Brian wants fans to start getting the figures in-hand before they start doing more Classics reveals. I understand where he's coming from as he doesn't want fans feeling bombarded with more info until they start getting what they already paid for.
    Does this mean we won't see any new figures at NYTF since Wave1 won't ship before February 20th?

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Star View Post

This would be a dream!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

If there is a Filmation theme going on with the exclusives, the Collector's Coice-figure might be "Possessed Skeletor" - based on Wrap Trap. "Three Terrors" celebrated the cartoon, after all.

Last Defender of Trolla Wandering Star's Avatar
    Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    This would be a dream!
    For a few of us, I'm sure it would be, but at the end of the day, I'm more than sure that I will just have to keep dreaming. Que sera, sera... *shrug*
    • IF HARMONY IS THE KEY, THEN WHAT THE FRICK IS THE LOCK?
    • Mo-Larr is canon. Montork is not. Seriously, just WHAT.
    • (This User is Powered By Sarcasm, Autism, Trollan Magic and Just Plain Stubbornness)

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Does this mean we won't see any new figures at NYTF since Wave1 won't ship before February 20th?
    'Fraid I don't know. Sorry.
    It might be close enough to delivery that they show new MOTUC at Toy Fair. Guess we'll find out!

Court Magician
    Wow, the hotel block sold out already?!

Quote Originally Posted by LordJameson View Post
    Wow, the hotel block sold out already?!
    Friday went way faster than expected. There seems to be a lot more interested in Power-Con this year, especially with the exposure of the convention in The Toys That Made us and with the new She-Ra cartoon coming this year.

Saturday and Sunday nights are still available at the discounted rate. I'll check on Monday to see if any more rooms can be added.

There's also a lot of rooms at their regular rates, and at nearby hotels. And as a positive note, the prices are similar, or even better in some instances.

Heroic Warrior
    Friday went way faster than expected. There seems to be a lot more interested in Power-Con this year, especially with the exposure of the convention in The Toys That Made us and with the new She-Ra cartoon coming this year.

Saturday and Sunday nights are still available at the discounted rate. I'll check on Monday to see if any more rooms can be added.

There's also a lot of rooms at their regular rates, and at nearby hotels. And as a positive note, the prices are similar, or even better in some instances.
    Maybe with She-Ra get a new cartoon it’s time for a She-Ra exclusive.....

Kowla
    Red Eye
    Storm
    Clawdeen
    Josh
    Joya
    He-Ra
    Crimson Fury

Court Magician

Thanks for the heads up! The website wasn't telling me those dates were still available if I included Friday in my search request. Sunday was the most important because the regular rate was a lot more $$!

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    There seems to be a lot more interested in Power-Con this year, especially with the exposure of the convention in The Toys That Made us and with the new She-Ra cartoon coming this year.
    That's great to hear!

I'm still undecided on going. Hopefully, more blocks at the Power-Con hotel open up at the reduced price for Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Maybe with She-Ra get a new cartoon it’s time for a She-Ra exclusive.....

Kowla
    Red Eye
    Storm
    Clawdeen
    Josh
    Joya
    He-Ra
    Crimson Fury
    If the new cartoon doesn't debut until the Fall, it would make more sense for next year when more can be said about it. Everything is so guarded about the new cartoon right now and any associated toys or merchandise. Plus, I don't think there are really any big anniversaries next year like there is this year.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I'm still undecided on going. Hopefully, more blocks at the Power-Con hotel open up at the reduced price for Friday.

If the new cartoon doesn't debut until the Fall, it would make more sense for next year when more can be said about it. Everything is so guarded about the new cartoon right now and any associated toys or merchandise. Plus, I don't think there are really any big anniversaries next year like there is this year.
    New Adventures is 30 years old next year.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    New Adventures is 30 years old next year.
    Yes, let's get an NA 3 pack as an exclusive in 2019 and have Jack Olesker and others who worked on the Jetlag cartoon have a panel!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

I don't think a NA 3-pack would help pay for the con. The "He-Man" toyline would be 1989, but the cartoon would be 1990.

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I don't think any exclusive "pays for the con", lol. I doubt last years exclusives made Scroge McDuck money
    VBulletin Total Ignore provides improved ignore functionality and removes quoted messages and any post made by an ignored user in a thread.

Information on how to download: https://greasyfork.org/en

The user script itself: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/91...n-total-ignore

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    I don't think any exclusive "pays for the con", lol. I doubt last years exclusives made Scroge McDuck money
    They definitely help a lot! But they don't pay for it exclusively. Still, we couldn't do a show like the one we have each year without the exclusives. Otherwise there'd be like two guests and we'd do the show in a flea market somewhere.