Page 57 of 83 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2072

Thread: Power-Con returning in 2018 - August 25 & 26 in Torrance, California

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    With the insurance, supplies, and labor as outlined in the FAQ, plus the USPS Priority mail, that's what the total S/H is.

You also aren't having to pay for a Merchandise Access Fee like last year.
    Val my order said it was being shipped by FedEx Not USPS Priority Mail
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Val my order said it was being shipped by FedEx Not USPS Priority Mail
    Thanks for the heads up! I'll inform PurplePass they need to change this.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Master of New Adventures!
    You know, Val, I'm really tired and sad hearing about how you struggle so hard keeping this site and Power-Con going and barely make a profit.

In all my life I've rarely known someone so giving as you.

I'm going to respectfully suggest that this year at Power-Con that you tack on a five dollar 'Val fee' on all figs and merchandise sold at Power-Con. Five bucks isn't a lot of money. Heck, it's a latte at Starbucks. But it's also a wonderful way for fans to express their appreciation to you and to help out financially.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    You know, Val, I'm really tired and sad hearing about how you struggle so hard keeping this site and Power-Con going and barely make a profit.
    That's the nature of MOTU and POP right now. Until there's a new & popular entertainment driver, this is simply the nature of the beast.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post

In all my life I've rarely known someone so giving as you.

I'm going to respectfully suggest that this year at Power-Con that you tack on a five dollar 'Val fee' on all figs and merchandise sold at Power-Con. Five bucks isn't a lot of money. Heck, it's a latte at Starbucks. But it's also a wonderful way for fans to express their appreciation to you and to help out financially.
    Sadly, people would still go nuts over this and make very rude and uninformed statements about it. I saw someone on the Super7 FB page complaining about having the "right and privilege fee" to purchase the exclusives, which is a particularly ignorant statement considering the non-attendee fee was eliminated this year. People want everything to be $10 and perfect condition and don't care about how impossible that is in 2018.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    Same here - the FedEx was the only option that came up.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Widget
    Any word from BBTS yet?

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Sadly, people would still go nuts over this and make very rude and uninformed statements about it. I saw someone on the Super7 FB page complaining about having the "right and privilege fee" to purchase the exclusives, which is a particularly ignorant statement considering the non-attendee fee was eliminated this year. People want everything to be $10 and perfect condition and don't care about how impossible that is in 2018.
    Someone should remind him that without the convention, the exclusive figures would not exist.

Ordered my set. No problems. Super 7 better nail these. I have faith.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Frightmare; April 10, 2018 at 01:31pm.
    Icer and Filmation Clawful made. Mission complete.

Widget
    I am kind of a new guy when it comes to collecting figures of MOTU. I received the filmation figures recently and as a new collector I am really happy with the figures. When I saw the upcoming filmation Power-Con figures, I just knew I would pick them up as well. I am happy that some people still invest time and effort to keep MOTU alive. Also, thanks for making the Power-Con figures available through the German distributor, it helps out a lot!

Master of New Adventures!
    And also the nature of the man who selflessly rocks for fandom.

That's the nature of MOTU and POP right now. Until there's a new & popular entertainment driver, this is simply the nature of the beast.
    - - - Updated - - -

Well said, wayne-klops.

And yet everyone gladly participates here FOR FREE and enjoys the boundless contributions that Val makes. But I suppose that's somehow entirely different.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Bravo! Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Someone should remind him that without the convention, the exclusive figures would not exist.

Val have you looked into to the cheaper shipping option that people found vs what you originally listed?

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    Val have you looked into to the cheaper shipping option that people found vs what you originally listed?
    Yep, that was already applied to the 1 and 2 figure shipments internationally. I had updated the shipping post a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzcat2012 View Post
    Any word from BBTS yet?
    In all likelihood BBTS will be getting a limited number of these in stock to sell when they become available.

The last Power Con sets were offered on their website after the convention weekend ended. Be warned, these exclusives usually sell for a much higher mark-up than normal on BBTS.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    In all likelihood BBTS will be getting a limited number of these in stock to sell when they become available.

The last Power Con sets were offered on their website after the convention weekend ended. Be warned, these exclusives usually sell for a much higher mark-up than normal on BBTS.

No, the 3 packs from last Power Con were offered as pre-order and at the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    No, the 3 packs from last Power Con were offered as pre-order and at the same price.
    Val can set the record straight, but from the way it sounded last year, BBTS was more of a partner with Power Con to offer these figures. This year it sounds like they are a customer just like everyone else, so anything they'll be buying will be at the same price anyone else would, and thus will be marking up the prices when they offer them.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

BBTS offered them at the same time we did, but pre-sold them at the same price they have them listed for now: $144.99 a set plus s/h.
    We offered them for $105.00 each. Then each order had the MAP fee and s/h which was higher than BBTS.

If I remember correctly, the way the math worked out was that if you ordered 1 of the 3-packs, it was cheaper at BBTS. I think it was close to a wash for two 2-packs. But if you ordered 3 or more, it was cheaper through Power-Con.

This year we have no MAP fee.

Heroic Warrior
    I guess it depends on what you mean by same price - they weren't the same price that attendees paid, they were marked up, but because non-attendees had to buy a pass last year to buy the figures from Power-con, then maybe they were the same price taking the ticket into consideration

I don't recall for sure, but I know I paid less going to Power-con then buying on Bigbadtoystore

Val cleared it up
    Last edited by Powersword123; April 11, 2018 at 05:18pm.

WOW...almost $250 for 3 figures from Power Con...before taxes...OUCH....glad they have a 3 pack deal....love Filmation Spikor...but I hate the 2 pack...

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    WOW...almost $250 for 3 figures from Power Con...before taxes...OUCH....glad they have a 3 pack deal....love Filmation Spikor...but I hate the 2 pack...
    I'm afraid I can't do anything about it being $250.00 in Canadian dollars. That one is out of my control.

What's the cut-off date for the exclusives again?

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    What's the cut-off date for the exclusives again?
    Sunday, May 13th

Heroic Warrior
    Ordered the set of 3. Hopefully, these will ship with some fun Con throw-ins, like the year of green Granamyr.

Heroic Warrior
    Will these be better quality than the first series of CC and CG figures??? i hope

Quote Originally Posted by GoldBlade6 View Post
    Ordered the set of 3. Hopefully, these will ship with some fun Con throw-ins, like the year of green Granamyr.
    There will be no extras. Only the figures in their package. This was stated before in this thread.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast