Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3373818283
Results 2,051 to 2,070 of 2070

Thread: Power-Con returning in 2018 - August 25 & 26 in Torrance, California

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    Thanks Val. Reason I’m asking cause I only got one mail from PowerCon and not a second by the sound of it. (There was nothing in my junk folder either.) Also my reply didn’t bounce or give faulty delivery so just don’t want to think it went through and then the 22nd comes and mine actually never got delivered.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    Thanks Val. Reason I’m asking cause I only got one mail from PowerCon and not a second by the sound of it. (There was nothing in my junk folder either.) Also my reply didn’t bounce or give faulty delivery so just don’t want to think it went through and then the 22nd comes and mine actually never got delivered.
    The first e-mail that was incorrect apparently only went out to 100 people. So most people got the second, corrected e-mail.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    The first e-mail that was incorrect apparently only went out to 100 people. So most people got the second, corrected e-mail.
    Awesome, thanks for clarifying Val!

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Easily. Sometimes a forklift jams into some cases. Sometimes a pallet bangs up against another. There's a lot of different ways.

Have you never seen videos of freight companies going cross-dock for transportation? Moving product quickly from one truck to another until it gets to the local route? Watch how fast they move those skids with the loaders. You can see where it's very easy for damage to happen.

Then you should check them out palletizing a load out of a cargo container. LOTS of risk for damage there.

There's quite a few people who open theirs and just throw out the package. We have lots of photos here on the forums of people with loose collections on display. Those are the people we look to hear back from who don't mind a dinged up box.

I am one of those people. I don't mind the damaged boxes as long as the figs are not damaged and all the accessories are included.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    Does anyone have links to, or know when the panels from the Powercon will be available to us in video format?? I REALLY need to see what I missed out on...again.
    Looking forward to Panel-Videos as well.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

This year was awesome as usual. Being the third time I've gone it has been better every year. When will the decision be made on annual or semi-annual PC's going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    When will the decision be made on annual or semi-annual PC's going forward.
    Discussions are taking place that play a part in determining that. Not sure when we'll have something to announce. Sorry!
    I wish I was able to tell you today!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    When will the decision be made on annual or semi-annual PC's going forward.
    I'd say there's zero chance of it going semi-annual since they were just discussing skipping a year. It'll either stay annual or go biennial.
    Follow me on Instagram for pictures of vintage & modern toys, behind-the-scenes, tidbits, and sneak peeks!

@herbietoys
    https://www.instagram.com/herbietoys/

In 2019, it is the 30th anniversary of the He-Man (New Adventures) toyline and new She-Ra series episodes will still be releasing. In 2020, you have the 35th anniversary of Filmation She-Ra, the 35th anniversary of the Secret of the Sword movie released in theaters, the 30th anniversary of Jetlag's New Adventures of He-Man, still more new episodes of She-Ra likely coming out, and maybe even a new MOTU movie. I think if the plan is still to have it at the Torrance Marriott, I don't think attendance will be affected by a skipped year. If the plan is to eventually move Power-Con to a bigger place like a convention center then one might not want to take a break as far as momentum.

Discussions are taking place that play a part in determining that. Not sure when we'll have something to announce. Sorry!
    No worries. My wife and her grown up job make her plan her vacations a year ahead, super unrealistic and major fun killing I know, and her sister lives in LA so it's cool if she can come at the same time to go see her while I spend time enjoying MOTU. I will say, everyone who helps put PC on looked very laid back this year. It was a great experience as usual and I truly enjoy seeing the regulars. I'll be there with or without her tho whenever the next one is

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    We'd love to see it continue for 2019. This was such a great year with a huge crowd, more vendors, etc.--it felt next level. I'd like to see it ride on that for another year before taking a year off. It just keeps getting better and better. The guests, the vendors, the fans, and the incredible team holding it all together. So I (and the kids) say go for 2019!

Speaking of the kids...

Honorable mention this year! (And thanks to my good friend Sean for holding up Dree Elle's side!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    We'd love to see it continue for 2019. This was such a great year with a huge crowd, more vendors, etc.--it felt next level. I'd like to see it ride on that for another year before taking a year off. It just keeps getting better and better. The guests, the vendors, the fans, and the incredible team holding it all together. So I (and the kids) say go for 2019!

Speaking of the kids...
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f1f2321d4d.jpg

Honorable mention this year! (And thanks to my good friend Sean for holding up Dree Elle's side!)

That was you? Fantastic job! Many people were talking about that one. The execution and idea was awesome!

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    That was you? Fantastic job! Many people were talking about that one. The execution and idea was awesome!
    Thanks, man! That was a fun one, for sure. And your daughter made an awesome Teela this year!

"Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

I already voiced my opinion via email.

I think annual is the way to go. Because if a Con doesn't appear annually, I think that it's folded, gone under, etc - and it falls off my radar. So that's my concern that this might happen with others thinking the same thing.

And especially with She-Ra on Netflix (coming soon) - it seems like next year would be a perfect chance to grab some of the people responsible for it and have a panel about it. Maybe even do a focus on She-Ra, because of the Netflix series.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey - your kiddos (both of you!) are on our Facebook page too from PowerCon. You can follow this link (then down at the bottom it links directly to the post on our Facebook page) -
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-2018-Write-Up

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Power-Con 2019 should be held at Snake Mountain. Then 2020 at the Fright Zone. This would only be fair to guests outside the West Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Hey - your kiddos (both of you!) are on our Facebook page too from PowerCon. You can follow this link (then down at the bottom it links directly to the post on our Facebook page) -
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-2018-Write-Up
    Awesome! Adora will get a kick out of seeing these.

Next year (and there WILL be a next year for PowerCon - see how I am willing it to happen?) - I plan on bringing a MUCH better camera and not rely on my iPhone. The iPhone just makes it super easy to upload to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

(All of which your kiddos are on, because all the FB pictures are shared on that medium as well - but those are much more of a pain in the rump to link, especially with how active I use our podcast twitter account).

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Hello Val! Any news of the Power-Con panels that were planned to
    being posted via the official Youtube channel in this period?
    Thank you very much!
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Flee The Moon" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8qrmaFmq0

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    Hello Val! Any news of the Power-Con panels that were planned to
    being posted via the official Youtube channel in this period?
    Thank you very much!
    Not yet. Hopefully soon! I still have panels from 2017 to post

- - - Updated - - -

An an update for everyone.
    We're discussing future Power-Con plans now. There's nothing to tease or announce yet, but I HOPE to have something in two or three weeks to reveal.

Heroic Warrior
    An an update for everyone.
    We're discussing future Power-Con plans now. There's nothing to tease or announce yet, but I HOPE to have something in two or three weeks to reveal.
    Can’t wait to hear what it is! I was a first timer this year and it was amazing