Page 9 of 83 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Power-Con returning in 2018 - August 25 & 26 in Torrance, California

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Correct. We originally were going to have one CC and two CG. But, the way things worked out with the tooling, we ended up having to go with just CG.
    Wow when I said make the 2018 exclusives less obscure and something I'd be more interested in you sure took me at my word! This is fantastic news as it means 3 extra Filmation variants

I'm guessing 2 of them are Prince Adam and Faker as they can both share tooling and Faker could come with the parts to make He-Man (a great way to get Filmation He-Man back in production) I wonder if the 3rd figure is either Catra or Shadow Weaver.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    Correct. We originally were going to have one CC and two CG. But, the way things worked out with the tooling, we ended up having to go with just CG.
    Ouch! First I've heard of this. CC sure isn't getting the love it used to.
    "..."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    It’s gotten over 300 figures. That’s a LOT of love. Filmation has maybe 20 from the animated line if you throw in imp, lookee, kowl, broom , razz and adora with the 11 released in the CG line and four in wave two

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

CG only? So much for my interest in the Power-Con exclusives. And, to an extent, thereby my interest in attending the con.

Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Quote Originally Posted by The Timeless One View Post
    CG only? So much for my interest in the Power-Con exclusives. And, to an extent, thereby my interest in attending the con.

The exclusives alone would have been the wrong reason to attend anyway. It's a fan experience, where you hang out with fellow fans, discover things at panels, meet creators, and shop around at vendor booths and tables.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Damn. I can't attend this year. I am currently awaiting the call for my heart transplant. I would be all over those 3 CG figures. Hopefully I can snag them on the Secondary market for a decent price. My 3 would be Enchantress, Prince Adam, and an Eternaian Guard.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

http://give.transplants.org/goto/justintrease

Quote Originally Posted by Jobber View Post
    Damn. I can't attend this year. I am currently awaiting the call for my heart transplant.
    I hope that happens!! That's obviously way more important, and my hopes are with you!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

I hope that happens!! That's obviously way more important, and my hopes are with you!
    Thanks Val. I will pretty much be out of commission for an entire year. Healing and avoiding infection. I am definitely aiming for Next Year's Con.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

http://give.transplants.org/goto/justintrease

The exclusives alone would have been the wrong reason to attend anyway. It's a fan experience, where you hang out with fellow fans, discover things at panels, meet creators, and shop around at vendor booths and tables.

I concur, no offense about your exclusives, but they are always an after thought for when attending your power-con. I go because it's so anti-sdcc. It's what cons should be about, fans enjoying a property that's near and dear to their hearts.

- - - Updated - - -

Some good guess work so far! I'm not saying if anyone has guessed right or not, but I'm always impressed my the analysis I see.

So here's something else to analyze:
    Attachment 115711

It's finally happening, looks snow themed... Illumina!!!!
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I concur, no offense about your exclusives, but they are always an after thought for when attending your power-con. I go because it's so anti-sdcc. It's what cons should be about, fans enjoying a property that's near and dear to their hearts.
    No offense taken at all! IMO, you are definitely spot-on.

It's finally happening, looks snow themed... Illumina!!!!
    Wouldn't that be something? We're all friends again and we get together for one big party and she's the symbol of it.
    That would be great.

Will BBTS be the same price do you know yet?
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    Haha. So THAT explains his over-the-top support on here for the Filmation takeover agenda. Not just for CG, but defending the same plain aesthetic for CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    Haha. So THAT explains his over-the-top support on here for the Filmation takeover agenda. Not just for CG, but defending the same plain aesthetic for CC.
    Donimo, your negative comments on everything is getting really old.

I will say that the introduction of the exclusives was probably the final nail in the coffin (in a positive way ) to get me to finally get myself to go to Power Con, but after going the past two years, I can say they are just the icing on the cake of a really awesome weekend.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

What it the world are you talking about? There's no agenda on here, and it's foolish to think that there is.

Big Bad Toy Store will be getting these again won't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer82 View Post
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post3773822

See the last sentence.

Heroic Warrior
    just now seeing this.

Really? REALLY?!

Posting pics like that makes you giggle doesn't it? It really makes your day doesn't it?

I might have a few very cryptic visual teases over the weekend, sort of like I did last year to frustrate the heck out of you all, but to also get your detective skills working.

The teasers will be unpainted this time around.
    In fact, here's the first teaser....
    Attachment 115699
    - - - Updated - - -

Going with the obvious choice of Ice armor he-man.

assuming that is NOT suppose to be any shade of white then I don't know.

Some good guess work so far! I'm not saying if anyone has guessed right or not, but I'm always impressed my the analysis I see.

So here's something else to analyze:
    Attachment 115711

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar

That's an embarrassing comment, Donimo. You've elected to ignore how I've said repeatedly how I want CC and more detailed characters and instead choose to go down your own self-induced path of paranoia. I hate to say something like that, but given your on-going trek of negativity, I've reached a point where enough is enough. I highly encourage you to try and get past this type of thing as it isn't helping anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    What it the world are you talking about? There's no agenda on here, and it's foolish to think that there is.
    Agreed. I don't dictate exclusives. I can only offer what Super7 will allow us to have at the show. And if Super7 is mindful enough of what the fans want to allow me the exclusives that will help Power-Con, as well as give the majority of fans what they want, then that's what should happen.

I wish at least one of the exclusives was Collector's Choice. I truly do. But if three Club Grayskull exclusives are what they are allowing me to have, then that's what the show will solicit.

I hope that Super7 will to continue to offer Collector's Choice figures as time passes, and for a very long time. I know they want to. And if fans will give the support needed to previously unreleased characters, I'm confident Super7 will release them. Speaking for myself, there's still so many I'd love to see released.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    just now seeing this.

Really? REALLY?!

Posting pics like that makes you giggle doesn't it? It really makes your day doesn't it?
    I'm out to get you, midor

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer82 View Post
    I have no doubt they'll offer them. I don't know the price point, though.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Val, do Collector's Choice figures cost more to make than Club Grayskull figures? As I understand it, Super7 does not have the old Mattel MOTUC molds. And we know CG is less detailed - less cuts (probably for molds), less colors, etc.... I ask this because you mentioned
    But, the way things worked out with the tooling

I am not privy to anything but the detail in tooling is a little factor to how much it cost to make them if the new mold being compared are constructed similar in sizes and without much mechanism difference. The details is only on how the cavities impressions are made. So I guess same cost for CG and CC. As i see it, the painting if much detailed will cost more and weight of the figure, the heavier will cost more due to the amount of materials used.Of course the accessories also.

But I may be wrong and also interested on Val's response.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Widget
    I'm hoping for at least Kittrina, Enchantress, and maybe Fisto.

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    Just read that the exclusives will only be from club grayskull ...
    I am sad but will save money for this year .

Wish I could attend to the show ...

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    Prince Adam!!!! Please!!! I am considering attending this year also.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The second looks like...Ice Armor He-Man? Oh they’re unpainted? I’m guessing Filmation Prince Adam.
    Yes, they’re unpainted.
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M