Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 281

Thread: Mega Construx Heroes - Series 2 - Teela & Beast Man

  1. #251
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Grayson View Post
    She's in stock now, as of 7:30 3/8

    - - - Updated - - -

    Thank you SO much J-Manbp for the alert on the TRU stock! I was finally able to order a Teela and Beast Man. I was so frustrated yesterday. I had a Wal-Mart worker scan for these and she tells me that 0 were in the back and 0 ordered. After 20+ visits to Wal-Mart's looking for these I can finally relax. Such an amazing line, I really wish they weren't so stressful to collect.
    Glad to help! It might show in-stock but yesterday when I tried to put her in my cart it said she was not available.

  2. #252
    Court Magician Knight Grayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I can sympathize. I need an extra xenomorph to break open and it's impossible to find for months. More should have been made, as it's a wildly popular army builder. You shouldn't walk into a Walmart and see an army of Picard's. No one is army building Picard, as Picard is not an army builder.
    Speaking of the rarity of the Xenomorph, in my searches for Beast Man and Teela when they were first showing up, the Walmart closest to me (NC) stocked a final Wave 1 case where one Xenomorph had a silver wash all over and one was a variant with no silver on the body at all, just on the head, weapons and tail. Has anyone else seen this version or was it a one off factory mistake? If it's a variant then It's probably contributing even more to them being hard to find.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Here is a pic of the no wash version (MOC) beside the regular version (loose).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Knight Grayson; March 8, 2018 at 09:29am.

  3. #253
    Heroic Warrior Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,393
    Well, mine is still in the package so it's hard to tell. It looks like there might be some silver on the tail. It's hard enough to tell that I wouldn't consider it to be a noteworthy variant.
    Those who can master the kairu can become all-powerful Redakai

  4. #254
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris, Inner Earth
    Posts
    2,058
    I see that another xenomorph will show up in Series 4. Hopefully, Teela will show up again at some point.
    Odd Man Out

  5. #255
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,610
    I just found 2 Xenomorphs. Finally given how picked through the case was

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

  6. #256
    Court Magician Knight Grayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I see that another xenomorph will show up in Series 4. Hopefully, Teela will show up again at some point.
    Hey, thanks for the heads up. I just googled series 3 and 4. I didn't realize images of those had been released yet. Xenomorph 2.0 looks great.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Wow, what a mess. So, yesterday, I completed my order for 2 Teelas and 2 Beast Mans from Toys R Us (2 for MOC, 2 to open). They were confirmed with total amount shown etc but said they may ship separately. First, I get an email confirming the Beast Man figs shipped showing the shipping as being more than all 4 was. 5 hours later I get an email that the Teela's were unavailable and that part of the order was cancelled. So I call to cancel the Beast Man order as well and too late because they had already shipped. No way I would have paid the shipping price just for Beast Man since I may can find him in the stores.

    Customer service was really nice and helpful. Sent a $5 appeasement for shipping and a return label, so that was good, but what a pain these short-packed Teela's are.

  7. #257
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris, Inner Earth
    Posts
    2,058
    Regarding TEELA, it's frustrating.

    Part of my excitement for this line was that the figures are extremely cheap compared to the 'normal' 20+ bucks. On top of that, being at retail made them seem easy to collect! But now? It's just more of the same crap that ruins the fun of this hobby: Very limited availability, and sky high eBay prices.

    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; March 9, 2018 at 03:38pm.
    Odd Man Out

  8. #258
    Heroic Warrior Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,393
    That's crazy. I would demand free shipping and be able to keep those Beast men! Write to the company and threaten to stop shopping there.



    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Regarding TEELA, it's frustrating.

    Part of my excitement for this line was that the figures are extremely cheap compared to the 'normal' 20+ bucks. On top of that, being at retail made them seem easy to collect! But now? It's just more of the same crap that ruins the fun of this hobby: Very limited availability, and sky high eBay prices.

    You definitely seem to have lost a lot of the wind in your sails since the line began. You were pretty pumped up there at the beginning.


    I think part of the problem is that they haven't done this before, really. They have no idea how many MOTU collectors would/did jump in and start buying these just because they are so inexpensive. These are not people who have cared about Mega Bloks in the past.

    As I explained in my previous post/rant, the toy companies are laughably inept at estimating demand. I don't know of another industry that is so collectively inept. Imagine if you walked in a barber shop and had 10 barbers cutting your hair. Or you called for a taxi and 2 showed up. But then you went to the airport and were told that particular airport has no planes and is a drop off site only. That's what the world would be like if these toy companies ran everything.
    Those who can master the kairu can become all-powerful Redakai

  9. #259
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris, Inner Earth
    Posts
    2,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I think part of the problem is that they haven't done this before, really. They have no idea how many MOTU collectors would/did jump in and start buying these just because they are so inexpensive. These are not people who have cared about Mega Bloks in the past.
    Yeah, you are definitely right about that. I never even looked at a MEGA BLOK or any mini figure till these came out. And obviously, I discovered them on this board by pure chance.

    As you said, this is a new line, and TPTB had no way of knowing the popularity of mini versions of an 80s toyline within it. It takes time to adjust and predict. It's not an exact science.

    And who knows? Maybe all their data showed that females aren't great sellers. Maybe it's a small miracle that Teela even showed up in the first place.

    I'm still very excited about these. I have to remind myself that in the end, I may have a few empty spaces in my collection, but I'll still have possibly dozens of great figures that I love.
    Odd Man Out

  10. #260
    Heroic Warrior Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,393
    I would argue they shouldn't be short packing figures until they have better idea of what the demand is.

    There's no way they could have figured it out after one wave. So you don't short pack anybody in wave 2 because you aren't sure if you are even meeting the demand for the figures that aren't short packed.
    Those who can master the kairu can become all-powerful Redakai

  11. #261
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Athens AL
    Posts
    1,118
    My concern is Evil lyn will be pack 2 per case as well. Even though Teela is selling like hotcakes. It amazes me that someone at Mattel is saying something like "oh yeah we really have to pack Teela 2 per case to help out the secondary market".

  12. #262
    Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Grove City, Ohio USA
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by cryanmchsi View Post
    My concern is Evil lyn will be pack 2 per case as well. Even though Teela is selling like hotcakes. It amazes me that someone at Mattel is saying something like "oh yeah we really have to pack Teela 2 per case to help out the secondary market".
    Agreed. And I'm sure Evil-Lyn and MAA are already on a boat somewhere, readying to hit shelves in a month or so. Too late to change the case quantities.

    BTW: thanks for the hook-up! Still haven't see Teela at retail.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

    Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

  13. #263
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Athens AL
    Posts
    1,118
    No problem.


    Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    Agreed. And I'm sure Evil-Lyn and MAA are already on a boat somewhere, readying to hit shelves in a month or so. Too late to change the case quantities.

    BTW: thanks for the hook-up! Still haven't see Teela at retail.

  14. #264
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    73
    I don't know if this helps out or not, but I live in Western New York and every Toys R Us I've been to seems to have the wave 2 cases with Teelas. I have yet to see any of the second wave at any Walmarts or Targets. I took my daughter out yesterday and there were at least 2 Teelas at the Williamsville, Amherst, and Blasdell locations.

  15. #265
    Court Magician Knight Grayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by TAAO View Post
    I don't know if this helps out or not, but I live in Western New York and every Toys R Us I've been to seems to have the wave 2 cases with Teelas. I have yet to see any of the second wave at any Walmarts or Targets. I took my daughter out yesterday and there were at least 2 Teelas at the Williamsville, Amherst, and Blasdell locations.
    Thanks, TAAO. That's good to hear and gives me hope that I'll find them if I keep checking Toys R Us. I just really love these figures. They are one of the coolest new lines that I have seen in a while. I hope one day playsets will start being released.

  16. #266
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Grayson View Post
    Thanks, TAAO. That's good to hear and gives me hope that I'll find them if I keep checking Toys R Us. I just really love these figures. They are one of the coolest new lines that I have seen in a while. I hope one day playsets will start being released.
    I definitely agree with you on that one. My daughter and I didn't even know that He-man and Skeletor were out yet when we ran across them in a store the one day. It really made our day. I would love to run across a Battleram, Attack Trac, or Wind Raider that I didn't realize was coming, but lo and behold, have them sitting on a shelf with the other Mega Blocks. Not to mention the feeling of running across a massive Castle Grayskull. Any weekend plans I had made would be put on hold, lol.

  17. #267
    Court Magician Knight Grayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by TAAO View Post
    I definitely agree with you on that one. My daughter and I didn't even know that He-man and Skeletor were out yet when we ran across them in a store the one day. It really made our day. I would love to run across a Battleram, Attack Trac, or Wind Raider that I didn't realize was coming, but lo and behold, have them sitting on a shelf with the other Mega Blocks. Not to mention the feeling of running across a massive Castle Grayskull. Any weekend plans I had made would be put on hold, lol.
    Yes! Mega Bloks has to make those four.

  18. #268
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    11,465
    I found Teela a couple of weeks ago while scouting a Birthday List for Hemrione. I picked her up while sneaking two Playmobile GB sets into the transaction, but we haven't opened her or our Beast Man up yet! I need to get another Beast man for my pal; he has a small Beast Man collection.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  19. #269
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    107
    Found the elusive Teela at TRU Williston, VT. What, is she 1 per case? It seems. If so, what a huge mistake. Short-packing Teela, and apparently Fry, seems like poor strategizing. The Star Trek figures rot and even Bender doesn't seem to move. Beast Man goes first, and I've only ever seen Teela once. Done with this wave. Onto the next!

  20. #270
    Lord of the Patch baronterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    6,151
    I found beastman at TRU 2 weeks ago. The section where they had these single packed rando characters was one display box. They had plenty of jhooks of the call of duty and halo stuff, but this line of randos one box.

    So I will check again (already did last week) and hope they get more in.

    I was surprised how cheap he was. Am excited to get these now I know. I bought He-Man with a gift card I was given on my birthday and I thought I got it at a great price at 9.99 free shipping. Hehe, nope.

    But even so I'll keep an eye out for Teela and just assumed it was too late for Skeletor so I pulled the trigger and got him on ebay since I found another 9.99 with free shipping, and I shall keep an eye out for the new figures to come.

  21. #271
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Athens AL
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldBlade6 View Post
    Found the elusive Teela at TRU Williston, VT. What, is she 1 per case? It seems. If so, what a huge mistake. Short-packing Teela, and apparently Fry, seems like poor strategizing. The Star Trek figures rot and even Bender doesn't seem to move. Beast Man goes first, and I've only ever seen Teela once. Done with this wave. Onto the next!
    Nope 2 per case. classic Mattel.

  22. #272
    Heroic Warrior Nekk-ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,153
    BBTS has a pre-order up for these guys. Some of the singles are sold out but the bundle package as of this posting is still around.

  23. #273
    Heroic Warrior Greenskull's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlantic Canada
    Posts
    1,096
    Look what showed up at my local ToysRUs.
    It looks like Canada is about 8 months behind the US.
    I have been watching for these for a while. Wave 1 only showed up about six months ago.
    I hadn't checked for a couple weeks, so I am not sure how long they were there. I found about 6 BeastMan and 2 Teela. I bought 2 of each.
    Can't wait for wave 3

    IMG_1662.jpg
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

  24. #274
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris, Inner Earth
    Posts
    2,058
    I'm really glad some of you guys are finding these figures. But I'm satisfied with ordering the 5 piece set from EE. As I've said....I have not been able to find any figures I want at retail for about a decade. A decade!! That's ridiculous!!!
    Odd Man Out

  25. #275
    Heroic Warrior Snake_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    609
    I posted this in the wrong thread, but Series Two has turned up at Fred Meyer stores in Oregon! I got my Teela and Beast Man from an untouched fresh case, now i'm all caught up (got Faker at Wal-Mart previously). Bring on Series Four!

    Series 2.jpg

    Update! The other Teela (along with one Beast Man) was the first figure to go from the case (after I got mine!), long before any Star Trek/Futurama figures sold. Now all that is left are two Beast Men! It remains to be seen if any further boxes of this Series will manifest themselves at this store, but it was certainly providential to me... :^)
    Last edited by Snake_Man; August 17, 2018 at 05:56am.
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •