Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Construx Heroes - Series 2 - Teela & Beast Man

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    ...dang it. I figured "Skeletor & He-Man" and done. That would have been fine. Now they have opened Pandora's box and we'll all be expecting more and more figures. Playsets. Vehicles. Maddness will rain down upon us in our fervent need for more and more.

Dark times, brothers. Can we resist? Should we? Dare I believe we can control ourselves and be happy to see things, or will our demands and expectations mount until we all die under the ratioactive fallout? i guess we'll see. The seal is broken, the horizon has fallen away, and it may never end.
    I am with you, my brother! we must resist the temptations to venture down the Mega Construx rabbit hole and stand strong...

Ah, who am I kidding. They start making MOTU Construx sets and I may as well just send my paycheck to them every two weeks.

Seriously, I do hope they decide to expand and try some small sets, at least testing the waters. Gotta be tempting for them, as there is no licensing fees or approval to worry about here. The figures are amazing; not Lego block guys, not mini-mates, actual little stylized action figures with decent articulation. Add in some fun vehicles to put together, and I think you;d have good seller. Collectors would buy them for themselves, and folks who remember He-Man (and have been reminded of him thanks to Geico) would probably buy them for their kids (kids don't buy kids toys, parents do).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    That is a very, very good point. MEGA CONSTRUX must be thinking long term. I love it!
    I don't know specifically how much MOTU planning they've done, but I do know that last year at Toy Fair Mattel was very high on Mega Construx (rebranding Mega Bloks) and really putting their resources into making it a powerhouse brand.

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    I don't know specifically how much MOTU planning they've done, but I do know that last year at Toy Fair Mattel was very high on Mega Construx (rebranding Mega Bloks) and really putting their resources into making it a powerhouse brand.
    I remember you saying that before, and I found it very interesting.

Things are adding up really nicely: We were initially told that HE-MAN and SKELLY would be the only 2 MOTU figures, but we already see 2 more MOTU characters in Series 2! On top of that, one of them is a female!! Obviously, there are some Higher-Ups who love HE-MAN and company.

We may not get dozens and dozens of MOTU characters, but I'm starting to think we'll get much more than we expected.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; October 9, 2017 at 03:20pm.
    Odd Man Out

Just grabbed myself a He-man and Skeletor. Can't wait for them to turn up and can't wait to see more of these amazing little fella's. I've just found my new collectors items.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I remember you saying that before, and I found it very interesting.

Things are adding up really nicely: We were initially told that HE-MAN and SKELLY would be the only 2 MOTU figures, but we already see 2 more MOTU characters in Series 2! On top of that, one of them is a female!! Obviously, there are some Higher-Ups who love HE-MAN and company.

We may not get dozens and dozens of MOTU characters, but I'm starting to think we'll get much more than we expected.
    Yeah this was a nice surprise, and I certainly hope for more! They really are fun little figures!

Awesome, I'll take as many MOTU characters as they make in this style! That also goes for Futurama

Court Magician
    Series 2 isn't even in stores yet and i want info on series 3 lol

The blessing and the curse of online early reveals.
    Rise of the Beasts - Series 2 action figures !!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...easts-series-2

I feel like we can easily expect Mer-Man, MAA, Stratos, Zodac, and Evil Lyn, at least. TRU-Klops and Trap Jaw would be likely as well.

I'd take anyone.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I feel like we can easily expect Mer-Man, MAA, Stratos, Zodac, and Evil Lyn, at least. TRI-Klops and Trap Jaw would be likely as well.
    Those would all be great!

I was also wondering if they would be released in a similar order to the originals back in the 80s. To make it an even number, I guess maybe RAM MAN could be included, but then again, his build is slightly different, so who knows?
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; October 10, 2017 at 06:47pm.
    Odd Man Out

Very cool! I was hoping they would make more. I would love a Castle Grayskull too. We have the TMNT Technodrome and it is awesome. My one pet peeve though is they they threw 5,000 pieces in a box and said 'Good luck.' Lego at least breaks things down into numbered bags and steps. I thought my hubby was going to throttle me - LOL! I bought two He-Man figures and two Skeletors, one set for me and one for my son

So cool! I'd be really happy if they could also give us Mer-Man, Man-At-Arms, and maybe Battle Cat. Anything beyond that is gravy!

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Very cool! I was hoping they would make more. I would love a Castle Grayskull too. We have the TMNT Technodrome and it is awesome. My one pet peeve though is they they threw 5,000 pieces in a box and said 'Good luck.' Lego at least breaks things down into numbered bags and steps. I thought my hubby was going to throttle me - LOL!
    I would've loved that, I always eschew the numbered bags and dump everything into a big pile to make the build last longer.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Very cool! I was hoping they would make more. I would love a Castle Grayskull too. We have the TMNT Technodrome and it is awesome. My one pet peeve though is they they threw 5,000 pieces in a box and said 'Good luck.' Lego at least breaks things down into numbered bags and steps. I thought my hubby was going to throttle me - LOL! I bought two He-Man figures and two Skeletors, one set for me and one for my son
    Kids these days. Back in my day we had to look at the pictures on the box for suggested builds.

I too want a Castle Grayskull. And Snake Mountain.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    Kids these days. Back in my day we had to look at the pictures on the box for suggested builds.

I too want a Castle Grayskull. And Snake Mountain.

On that note...remember when you didn't know about new toys until you saw them in store?

And who's making Remco customs from these mini figures?
    Rise of the Beasts - Series 2 action figures !!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...easts-series-2

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post

On that note...remember when you didn't know about new toys until you saw them in store?

And who's making Remco customs from these mini figures?
    Aahh man, I used to absolutely love this. It was exciting enough going into a big toy store, but to see some whole amazing new line of something was just the best. Remember always standing around for hours humming and harring on what to buy, must have drove my mother around the bend. I miss those days. Toy shops are a dying breed.

Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    Aahh man, I used to absolutely love this. It was exciting enough going into a big toy store, but to see some whole amazing new line of something was just the best. Remember always standing around for hours humming and harring on what to buy, must have drove my mother around the bend. I miss those days. Toy shops are a dying breed.
    Indeed!!

I found out about MOTU by going into a grocery store with my mom back in the early 80's. Walked into the toy isle, and there with all its glorious box art was Battle-cat! From that day on I was a MOTU fan. I think I was like 9 or 10. I do miss those days soo soo much.

I'm resisting the POPs but I'm all in for these little guys.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Just grabbed myself a He-man and Skeletor. Can't wait for them to turn up and can't wait to see more of these amazing little fella's. I've just found my new collectors items.
    I see you're in the UK... where did you find them??
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

Ha! Yeah we did not use instructions either back in the day. However, my hubby built it with my seven year old son who found the whole thing very frustrating. It took them two days just to sort the parts before they could even build. I bought it, I wasn't building it - LOL! We homeschool, so one Thursday afternoon I told the kids we had a quick errand to run. Went to TRU and had purchased it online because it was $100 off plus they let me use reward points. It is really awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    I see you're in the UK... where did you find them??
    I was sick of waiting for them to come out over here (if they ever do!), so I grabbed them off eBay. Expensive like, but why not treat yourself now and again.

I was sick of waiting for them to come out over here (if they ever do!), so I grabbed them off eBay. Expensive like, but why not treat yourself now and again.
    Even though I live in the U$A, I bought mine off of eBay as well. My wife loves me, but she has no desire to drive from one shopping center to the next in order for her 40-something husband to find toys. I can't say that I blame her.

The frustrating part was that at the one WalMart we went to, they had part of Series 1, but no MOTU.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; October 11, 2017 at 10:24pm.
    Odd Man Out

When do these bad boys get released?
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    I'm very impressed with the Teela figure. She is a character that I wouldn't have expected to be produced so soon considering there are so many more popular MOTU characters ....
    I dunno, Teela is a pretty damn popular character.

Seeing this awesome second wave, and only now realizing the genius of this new '3 lines-in-1' toyline...I think I have a new line to start collecting...!
    – No comment.

My He-man and Skeletor have turned up today, and I must say, these little fella's are absolutely amazing!!! Can't wait for series 2 to come out now. Roll on Beast Man and Teela!