Thread: Skelcon 2.0 Support Thread

Skelcon 2.0 Support Thread

Mattel thought it would be a great idea to pack an army builder in with a vehicle. So now we have $100+ Skelcon figures on Ebay. What we got was a figure very close to how Skelcons were illustrated in the vintage Ladybird books, right down to their drafty fur skirts. If you're a fan of the character, you probably wouldn't mind having two or more of them in your collection. You could consider Skeletor's the only faction in MOTUC without regular sized army builder figures (not to be a Goldilocks but the Shadow Beasts are too big, and the Robot Knights are too small). Thankfully, the Classics mini comics give us a compelling option for re-releasing a single packed (or army builder two-pack) of Skeletor's bony brutes.

Much of the Skelcon's original design was preserved by Alex Gimenez. The forearms match those used by the Dragon Blaster Skeletor and Ultimate Skeletor figures, while the wings are borrowed from Draego-Man. It would be easy enough to pop off the wings if you'd rather display the Skelcon in its vintage style. Some notes from Alex:

Quote Originally Posted by AXOR View Post
    The regular figure included with the ROTON, made a few years after the appearance of the SKELCONS in the MOTUC minicomic #6, has some minor differences with my design, since the figure reused the forearms from OO-LARR and hands from SKELETOR, making it more accurate to the original version from the Ladybird books. Since the winged version could be considered as an evolved SKELCON, perhaps this time it could be reused the forearms from WHIPLASH with fins, and the hands from FANG MAN, which are slightly bigger.

As a new accessory, I decided to give him a flail, which is the same that appears among the weapons with which SKELETOR attacks HE-MAN, on page 20 of the minicomic "He-Man and the Power Sword". I had wanted to include this weapon in some of my designs for a long time, and finally, I think its style fits perfectly to the concept of the character.

An army builder set would likely have the benefit of offering a greater variety of accessories than single packaged figure. A flail, a spear, a knife, maybe even a shield. In one of the vintage books, you can find a Skelcon wearing a suit of battle armor and wielding a sword. Maybe one of the 2-pack figures could wear the armor and the other could wear the familiar fur armor and wings?

Interested in seeing a new Skelcon figure offered to us by Super7? Support him in the ongoing 2018 Character Polls! He's bound to show up sooner or later.

Last edited by AdultCollector; October 16, 2017 at 01:04am.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd buy some

I'd buy at least 2. These are the only reason I considered buying the Roton. Don't get me wrong the Roton is very cool, I just don't have space for it!!

Yes, please!
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

**I would LOVE a Straight Up *Single release of The MOTUC: *SKELCON that came w/ the Roton w/ 1 change:

1. MOTUC * Skelcon -w/ Blue-ish/White-ish Skull "Beak" as seen in the Ladybird Books, ....as opposed to the yellowish Bone beak w/ Roton.
    2. NO Wingsincluded.pleae, UNLESS there is Newly Scultped "Fur" pegs you can Put in to Cover the Wing Holes in the Fur armor/overlay.
    3. NO Finned Arms -No Wiplash/DB Skeletor arms on the initial re-release of the regular Skelcon please.
    4. No Fang Man hands plz.

So YESSSSSSS! ...I'd Totally <3 a Re-release of the MOTUC Selcon (I have None. I will not buy the Roton anywhere near the available current prices)

*SUPER 7 - Please release a Single Carded Skelcon ARMY-Builder!!!! Please release him exactly the same as he arrived w/ the ROTON w/ maybe these x2 ADDED features:
    SUPER 7 *Motuc: *SKELCON
    *Skelcon figure w/ new Blue-ish/White hued Bone Beak (as seen in the Ladybird Books)
    *Bone Knife + Spear (same as was included w/ the Roton Skelcon)
    *re-decoed *BONE Sword! -re-release SKELETOR's Filmation "BONE Sword" that was released w/ Lizard Man,but w/ Painted: Gem +Crossed-Bone hilt!
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

I'm down with this. It would be nice to have single carded Skelcons and Winged Skelcons.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

I'm actually really surprised we haven't seen Super7 pick up the Roton, as it was such an afterthought last year and somewhat of an anticlimax with Matty.

I'd be down for picking several of these guys up, and I'd make the wings able to plug into the back, so you'd have a choice between the two styles.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

Yeah, I don't really need wings, maybe sell them separately as an upgrade? Or maybe make a winged and non winged version? Since it's all done by pre-order it could work.

Pixel Dan commenting on Skelecon's release:

The fact that he's an army builder, and packaged with a Roton, is a bit of a bummer, because it's impossible to army build with this guy unless you also want to army build Rotons, which is very expensive since this entire set clocked in at $125. So a bit on the pricey side. So I love that we got this guy, don't get me wrong, I just wish that they wouldn't pack army builders with vehicles like this."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRt6vxanZG8

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    The Roton was a terrible piece to release an army builder figure with, but that's Mattel for you! I personally would buy at least 1 or 2 more. I wouldn't mind the two pack with one winged Skelcon and one of the lady bird battle armor ones as suggested above.
    "..."

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    i would buy them only if they came with all those changes, including wings. because army building these guys was not easy
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Heroic Warrior
    I could see a two pack with a rerelease and a winged version. But slots are so limited ...

I'd pick up a couple for sure.

i'd buy em. shipping and custom fees stopped me getting the roton set and the skelcons on the secondary market are expensive which affects customs charges so still too expensive.

loved the ladybird books and still have a set so really feel like i'm missing out on the skelcon figure I wished would be released back in the 80's
    Hoping for figures of: King Hsss slave girl, Major Header, Hans Hammerholder, Bubblor, Lady slither, Redeye, grr, Kayla, Gorgonne and the myp giants.

"everything will probably not be all right, but we have to try." V. Putin
    " sometimes it is necessary to be lonely in order to prove that you are right." V. Putin

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    (not to be a Goldilocks but the Shadow Beasts are too big, and the Robot Knights are too small)

Just to chime in, yes, I'd love to be able to buy two more of this guy. Having just one on the shelf makes him seem like a unique character, which he isn't. He's one of several like the Horde Troopers and Palace Guards.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

There'd been a rumor that there was a Skelcon army builder Two-Pack planned, back when 2016 had been planned as a standard full year of offerings as a sub (instead of club filmation + collectors choice).

One Skelcon would have had wings, one would not.

I would like that offered. A two pack like this would be awesome!
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

I love this idea. I do not love the idea of holes in the back of the armour for wings, though I 100% understand why the desire for that look exists. I would even display one with wings, but I'd love not to have to have holes in the backs of the rest of their armour. Also I dont know that I care for the idea of a different buck build out but again, the design elements still look good. We'll see.

I would like 4 figures. once I get the Roton I'd have 5 and that is just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    There'd been a rumor that there was a Skelcon army builder Two-Pack planned, back when 2016 had been planned as a standard full year of offerings as a sub (instead of club filmation + collectors choice).

One Skelcon would have had wings, one would not.

I would like that offered. A two pack like this would be awesome!
    if they did do a 2 pack, one winged one not, I'd look to trade the second winged one for a non winged one. I feel pretty confident there would be someone happy to trade.

Functioning Addict TattooedRobot's Avatar
    Looks great I would buy this however they put it out. Wings, blue-faced whatever just make it.

I’d absolutely love a re-release. I missed the Roton so I’d love this.

Heroic Warrior
    Bring on a winged Skelcon for sure!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Danavas View Post
    I’d absolutely love a re-release. I missed the Roton so I’d love this.
    It’s still available on shop Mattel as I type this

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    It’s still available on shop Mattel as I type this
    Thanks for the tip!