Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you NOT Pre-Ordering MOTUC Wave 2? Why not???

Hexcellent Horror Hostess

Are you NOT Pre-Ordering MOTUC Wave 2? Why not???

I was really stunned to see people here and on Facebook saying they're skipping Wave 2 of Classics featuring Karg, Granita, Dylamug, Wrap Trap, Filmation Sorceress, Mer-Man, Man-E-Faces, and Tung Lashor. I'm especially shocked to see this regarding Collector's Choice which features majorly demanded characters like Karg, Granita, and Dylamug. I pre-ordered these on Day 1 and was way more excited about the lineup than I was about Wave 1 (which was also awesome).

My first reaction when I saw people saying they were skipping was, "Are you ******* crazy?!" Just kidding.

After reading some of the comments, I've seen people saying things like, "not interested in all of the characters," "still haven't gotten wave 1," "too expensive."

I'm just surprised because the Collector's Choice wave LITERALLY features three of the the top five characters selected by fans - (Karg, Granita, and Dylamug, respectively). People were exclaiming that these were the best reveals in years when they were first shown at SDCC.

With Club Grayskull, we're looking at major players like Sorceress (with so many accessories) and Filmation Mer-Man, which is a version a lot of fans have wanted for many years.

I'd just personally be really crushed to see Classics end before it hits the 10 year anniversary due to people opting out, especially with a Wave as important/cool as this upcoming one. In a way, it's pretty similar to the Subs in terms of folks having to buy into the Wave to keep the line going.

So I have a few questions for everyone who is currently not buying 2018 Wave 1 (Super7 wave 2), to hopefully learn more of what everyone wants, is thinking, etc.

1. What would you need in order to convince you to buy in the current Collector's Choice and/or Club Grayskull pre-order?

2. Are you waiting for 2017 (Super7 wave 1) to ship before forking over more dough?

3. Are you waiting to see how the quality control goes?

4. Has everything just gotten too expensive?

5. Are you simply burned out?

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; October 27, 2017 at 04:50pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

I have it pre ordered via bbts, so I can cancel if needed. Not having wave 1 yet and hearing quality issues with the Power-Con sets has me weary. Also due to the change to the Ultimates packaging and colours without notice to get them out quicker after they were already behind on the original date has me concerned that they may change other things without notice.
    I also find it weird that there are not many reviews of the 3 packs.

The want too much money upfront with nothing showing that they will deliver as originally advertised.

Heroic Warrior
    I have a BBTS preorder also. Ill probably keep it as these are core characters but if they are subpar Ill probably stop buying them moving forward.

I opted to not subscribe to Wave 2 of CG mostly because the price just isn't match the quality we are getting. At $20 a piece they were a no brainer but at double that after shipping....easy pass. (Sad because I did want a Merman but I cant justify that price for such a simple variant. Im still hoping for a head pack). I did get CC because of how important the character selection was.

1. What would you need in order to convince you to buy in the current Collector's Choice and/or Club Grayskull pre-order?

I pre-ordered Wave 2 CC on Day 1, no reservations. I simply have zero interest in Filmation-looking figures, hence, CG is a simple and complete non-starter for me.

However, I did hesitate to order Wave 1 back when, for Hawke looks way too Filmation-like.

Similarly, Granita in Wave 2 looks Filmation-like (flat colors, low detail, etc). That didn't stop me from pre-ordering Day 1, for I don't care much about Granita to begin with, so I'll just sell her (and Dylamug: zero interest in the character) and keep the rest, the ones I do want/like. That's a happy coincidence in my case. If a Wave 2 CC character I was interested in turned out Filmation-looking, that would be a deal-breaker. I would then cherry-pick on the aftermarket rather than pre-order whole sets.

2. Are you waiting for 2017 (Super7 wave 1) to ship before forking over more dough?

Nope. They have the benefit of the doubt for now.

I am interested in seeing how Super7 responds to the quality control matters, yes. As I've said elsewhere, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for 2017. Going beyond that, however, if problems continue or arise, then I may re-consider my otherwise solid support for the line, in the form of day 1 full pre-orders.

No.

Not even close.

Again, I have zero interest in Filmation-looking characters. If they creep into, remain within the CC line, then I'm checking out, case closed, going forward. I hope Super7 keeps Filmation-looking figures in CG, and keep only detailed/classicized in CC.

Frankly, I'm on a knifes's edge, but while I'm on this side, I'm still pro-Super 7. Tipping to the other side of that edge would involve unresolved QC issues and/or unacceptable Filmation-looking bleed-over into CC.

For that matter, I personally dislike that CG is even a thing. I feel it is parasitic to CC -- the spirit and continuity of the line proper. But that's just me. It is a noise I tolerate to receive the signal otherwise. But if too much Filmation-looking noise creeps into CC, then my faith and interest in the line is broken. And so will end any further pre-orders from Super7 by me.
    Last edited by The Timeless One; October 27, 2017 at 05:25pm.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

It's too much money right now. That's my main reason for holding out. Even with the payment plan, you now end up paying more... so it's not like a deal or anything. I'm also feeling just not enthused about Masters any more. I think those final years of dealing with Mattycollector really beat me down or something. I'm feeling very nitpicky about the quality (as the prices go up) and there's too much being released without us actually getting our hands on anything before the next wave goes up for pre-order. I don't like tying up all kinds of money in a product that I'm not going to have in hand until a year later, I guess. It's certainly not the character selection or quality of the sculpts or anything like that. But I do go in and take a gander at the wall of figures I've gathered up over the years, and- honestly- I could do without about half of them now. Eight years or so of just sort of being strongarmed into getting EVERY character so you can one day eventually get your Rokkon, Shokoti, Double Trouble, Quakke, or whatever else produced and then having half of those come out crappy for whatever reason (botched in production, articulation hindered by awkward parts or armor, paint mess ups, etc)... it has all played a part in killing interest for me. I do want the Horde Mummy and Granita and that Filmation Sorceress. Am I thrilled that I have to buy other figures I'm less interested in just to get those? Not at all. But do I want them bad enough that I'm going to go to BBTS and pay double just to get certain ones? Even more so not at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    I have it pre ordered via bbts, so I can cancel if needed. Not having wave 1 yet and hearing quality issues with the Power-Con sets has me weary. Also due to the change to the Ultimates packaging and colours without notice to get them out quicker after they were already behind on the original date has me concerned that they may change other things without notice.
    I also find it weird that there are not many reviews of the 3 packs.

The want too much money upfront with nothing showing that they will deliver as originally advertised.
    I echo this as well. I actually also cancelled my BBTS pre-order the minute I started hearing the quality on them was lackluster. I was like "Oh hell no... I do not want a Stratos with floppy wings, or any figure where I have to heat the parts up first to move or swap heads out, etc. Not for that price point!"

Even that $45 Skeletor Halloween decoration has me feeling "meh" about jumping in for the current pre-order. I was psyched to have him and hang him up. A week later and all of his moving cardboard parts are completely warped for some inexplicable reason and now he's just in a pile on the floor waiting for me to try to flatten him out under a bunch of books. It's like "Well, that was about fifty bucks straight into the garbage right there..."
    Last edited by zodak74; October 27, 2017 at 05:40pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I bought two sets of CG cause I love Filmation but passed on CC cause only interested in two figures and Granita was altered to be inaccurate so no interest in that. Dylamug if retains accurate cartoon look Iíll buy from Shecky

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, roboto, shadow weaver, entrapta , adora, moss man, stratos, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    ...I had no problem laying out the $$$ for Wave One, and even have been patient with the production flubs and delays, lol... Unfortunately, we just re-located and are paying slightly higher rent, and re-organizing our finances, So I had to opt out, unfortunately... Even the apparent issues with the Power-Con exclusives hasn't deterred me from wanting those, lol! Simply Do Not have the cash, lol... I will definite look into buying them ALL from BBTS when they have them in stock next year! Hearing that Super 7 was willing to make Granita accurate to her Comet-Warrior comrades was a big plus!!
    Last edited by kolobosrexx; October 27, 2017 at 06:13pm.
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

I pre-ordered both wave two of collectors choice and club gray skull. I have faith in Super7
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

I've wanted a Mini Comic Trap Jaw and Mini Comic Stratos figure for years and years. Now that we finally have them, they are a huge disappointment due to the poor quality plastic used, unusable unbendable hands, way too tight ratchet joints, and loose hip joints.

Super7 should choose to offer less important characters during this transition period while it's ironing out numerous problems with the new factory and the production of this continued toy line. Instead, the company is preparing to deliver very important A-list characters that many of us have waited literally decades to see made into toys! Filmation Teela! Filmation Man-At-Arms! Karg! I am not confident that this next batch of figures will be produced with the same quality of plastic and construction as the figures Mattel delivered. Don't get me wrong, Mattel's quality control and design choices were unreliable at times, but Super7's first two figure sets are cause for pause.

Seeing them in hand, I now wish I hadn't ordered the newest Power-Con exclusive sets, and I personally wish that I hadn't pre-ordered Wave 2. I would rather have waited patiently to see if they are made properly, as my blind faith has been taken advantage of. I'm fine with waiting longer for the figures. I'll pay more for them! But if the end product is so far removed from what we've come to identify as a Classics figure, then why bother?

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...94486950703800
    Last edited by AdultCollector; October 27, 2017 at 10:44pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    "Are you ******* crazy?!"
    All signs point to Yes.

A price drop of 10 to 15 bucks per figure. Also, I am a Cherry Picker, so I only buy characters that I really want. I cannot casually spend $30 on a toy that I don't really care about.

No. I have no interest in any of the Wave 2 characters.

No

Yes. I cannot afford to pay 150+ bucks for 4 action figures. It's just not possible.

No. I love this line, I love the handful of figures that I have, and I still enjoy this message board.
    Odd Man Out

Heroic Warrior
    Iím all in plus a couple extras. I thought everything was going fine now that most/all of the quality concerns had been addressed. You have me a little concerned.

I am actually surprised that someone would be surprised that folks are not preordering.

I really dislike the cartoon FILMATION aesthetic that is becoming more prevalent in MOTUC.

When MOTUC first came out in 2008, I was ecstatic. I was always a tremendous fan of the property and had fond memories of the cartoon(s). I didn't feel as if I needed to relive my childhood - I wanted to be inspired by it. Therefore, a new MOTU toyline that would take all this stuff I had loved and would modernize it made me very happy. The look of the figures, the sculpts, and the entire idea behind the line fit what I was looking for perfectly. When it was announced that all eras and media would be modernized and updated uniformly to fit in the line, I was even happier.

Things followed that concept swimmingly, for the most part, for years. When FILMATION figs were announced, I was a bit concerned that they would be childish and look like they came right from the cartoon. The thought that they wouldn't be updated to resemble the rest if the line was a concern for me. But, for the most part, they fit in okay. One pretty clear exception is Madame Razz - they obviously failed to give her enough of an update. I considered that a misstep, but it didn't really bother me too much. While I think some of the FILMATION figs could have used a tad bit more detail, they looked great overall.

When Matty announced that there would be a Club Grayskull line separate from MOTUC to give FILMATION fans a chance to get cartoon-accurate versions of figures that were already released in Classics, I was once again excited. I assumed it would make those folks happy and allow MOTUC to continue with modern details and updates. Yet, a few FILMATION-centric fans started calling for FILMATION characters to skip Classics altogether and head to Club Grayskull. Luckily, that didn't happen. Grrr.

Then, Super7 took over everything. This made me and many other fans relieved and ecstatic. The Ultimates were announced - that was awesome and helped generate more excitement. Then, at some point early in 2017 - ToyFair maybe? There was a walkthrough with Dan and Bryan and they were going over the next wave that was announced. They talked for a few mins about the MOTUC figs, but then Bryan said something about how fans don't want to talk about that stuff - we wanted to hear about the new Club Grayskull figures. Umm, no, not really. Then he moved on his real interest, the vintage-inspired 5" line. That is where his focus is. I get it - he was excited about this resurrection and wanted to announce it. But, it was also very telling about how much more influence the retro mindset has on Bryan. It wasn't upsetting, but I did notice it.

I preordered Wave 1 of Classics, even though Hawke/Delora was obviously an issue. It was annoying that she lacked any sort of update, but I ordered the Wave anyway.

Then, we come to SDCC 2017. I read that Dylamug was coming out. I really LOVED that character and was hoping he would make it to Classics. Then, I saw the prototype. My heart sank...he looked like a cartoon toy. He wasn't really updated. Then, I saw that "Horde" symbol and knew that the fig was in trouble. In the interview with Bryan, he said that Dylamug was originally going to be released in Club Grayskull, but is now in MOTUC. Whoa, whoa, whoa...what? It was disappointing to hear that he didn't initially know that ALL new characters debut in MOTUC. Then he said that the fig would be updated to match MOTUC better. I was relieved, but still concerned and wary. Then, I saw Granita. She didn't look anything like Rokkon and Stonedar. *sigh*

For months, we never saw an updated Dylamug nor heard Super7 mention it again. Granita and Dylamug were not the masterpieces they should have been. Karg and Wrap Trap looked phenomenal, however.

I started posting on the Org about my concerns over this increase of FILMATION cartoon aesthetics affecting MOTUC. When I said that I may step away after collecting this line non-stop for the 10th year, Val responded as if I was being ridiculous. He seems to be ok with the FILMATION influence and even said that when discussing both toylines with the Four Horsemen, they talk about them as if they are both part of the same line. Val even mentioned that Madame Razz was the precedent that allows more FILMATION-accurate representation in Classics. Ugh.

That right there tells me why the two lines are blurring together more and more. Bryan/S7 is obsessed with all things retro. Perhaps they are asking the 4H to make things more FILMATION-y. Maybe not. But, if even the 4H and Val, and other prominent people in this niche community, are either calling for, supporting, or making excuses for this change, then the line is surely headed in a direction that I am not interested in following.

Now, Bryan has announced that Granita will receive more details and Dylamug will get a proper Horde symbol tossed in almost as an afterthought. Hips will be fixed, Teela's face corrected, and plastic updated. That's all cool I guess. But, I think the foundation of what I understood MOTUC to be about has been thoroughly crumbled. With the addition of the high price point and questionable materials and quality control, it is highly unlikely I will continue with the line - Wave 2 no longer feels like a given to me. Who knows, maybe at the last minute on the 31st I will freak out and preorder it as I have been doing since 2008. But, it is unlikely at the moment. The price point and quality control are not the main issues driving me away - they just add on to what is already my main reason. I am NOT burnt out whatsoever on MOTU or Classics. The line is just going downhill.

If Bryan/Super7 would announce what they consider to be the distinction between MOTUC and Club Grayskull going forward and how they plan to treat the releases, and it continues to fit its original intention, that would make a huge difference. As it is, I don't think they have as good of a grasp on the property or fandom as they thought they did. Own up to it and tell us what you want these lines to be going forward.
    Last edited by Donimo; October 29, 2017 at 04:29am.

I haven't ordered anything from Super 7 because it's all just gotten too expensive for me. I don't have a lot of disposable income, and I have even less space, so I have to be far more selective than I'd like to be with the things I buy. I've wanted a Lodar figure since I was a kid, for example, but I simply can't justify spending $50+ on him. (I'm not about to shell out for the entire set for one figure, which leaves BBTS as my best option.) I do have Karg preordered with BBTS, as he's been a top want of mine for decades. I may still wind up cancelling the order, though; that largely depends on how the QC improves on the next MOTUC stuff that ships to customers. I can just barely justify shelling out that much for Karg, but not if the QC is still as poor as it's been on their recent products. That sort of QC is unacceptable in a $20 figure, and it sure as hell won't fly with me with something that costs as much as these do. If these were still in the $20-30 range, I'd be buying about all of the collector's choice figures. I'd love to get Lodar, Fangor, and Warp Trap, especially, if I could buy them for a more reasonable price. I totally understand that these are figures with small production numbers, and they simply can't be sold that cheaply. I totally get that. However, that doesn't make it any easier for me to afford.

As for the Filmation stuff, I have no real desire to own any of it. I always enjoyed the cartoon well enough for what it was, but even when I was a kid, it wasn't the "real" MOTU to me, and I have no big attachment to it. I'm very happy that they're making those figures for the people who want them, though! That Sorceress, in particular, looks like a figure that's gonna be knocked out of the park! I'd rather take the money she would cost me and put it toward getting a Temple of Darkness Sorceress, though. That's more my bag.

I hope the figures keep on coming for those who can afford them, but, barring a sudden surge in my book sales or a huge raise in my day job, I'll have to remain on the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by The Timeless One View Post

I pre-ordered Wave 2 CC on Day 1, no reservations. I simply have zero interest in Filmation-looking figures, hence, CG is a simple and complete non-starter for me.

However, I did hesitate to order Wave 1 back when, for Hawke looks way too Filmation-like.

Similarly, Granita in Wave 2 looks Filmation-like (flat colors, low detail, etc). That didn't stop me from pre-ordering Day 1, for I don't care much about Granita to begin with, so I'll just sell her (and Dylamug: zero interest in the character) and keep the rest, the ones I do want/like. That's a happy coincidence in my case. If a Wave 2 CC character I was interested in turned out Filmation-looking, that would be a deal-breaker. I would then cherry-pick on the aftermarket rather than pre-order whole sets.

Nope. They have the benefit of the doubt for now.

I am interested in seeing how Super7 responds to the quality control matters, yes. As I've said elsewhere, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for 2017. Going beyond that, however, if problems continue or arise, then I may re-consider my otherwise solid support for the line, in the form of day 1 full pre-orders.

No.

Not even close.

Again, I have zero interest in Filmation-looking characters. If they creep into, remain within the CC line, then I'm checking out, case closed, going forward. I hope Super7 keeps Filmation-looking figures in CG, and keep only detailed/classicized in CC.

Frankly, I'm on a knifes's edge, but while I'm on this side, I'm still pro-Super 7. Tipping to the other side of that edge would involve unresolved QC issues and/or unacceptable Filmation-looking bleed-over into CC.

For that matter, I personally dislike that CG is even a thing. I feel it is parasitic to CC -- the spirit and continuity of the line proper. But that's just me. It is a noise I tolerate to receive the signal otherwise. But if too much Filmation-looking noise creeps into CC, then my faith and interest in the line is broken. And so will end any further pre-orders from Super7 by me.
    This. So much this.

I ultimately pulled the trigger and ordered, but my hesitation came from Granita and Mug looking like Club Grayskull characters sneeking into the main line, as some have already mentioned in detail. I was under the impression that figures in Classics (yes even Filmation characters) who appear in classics, are supposed to have Classics level detailing? I look to Icer as an example, or Shadow Weaver, even Plundor! I love the Plundor figure. It has a wicked unhinged look about it, that does not look to me like it stepped right out of a cartoon cell. I am a fan of Filmation characters, but the pure Filmation ascetic does not mesh with the existing Classics ascetic. I treat Club Grayskull like a separate line and I cherry pick from it, while I am all in on Classics.

And yes, I will admit there were a few characters that slipped in to Classics, even under Mattel, that looked more like Filmation only figures and less like Classics, like Madam Razz, and to some degree Lizard Man. But to be fair, I had the same concerns about those figures too.

With all that said, I think I should also mention my faith in the line and Super 7 is high! I enjoyed watching the youtube vid with the S7 power con panel. I am big time looking forward to the vintage figures coming! I am seeing S7 listening to the fans by adding detail to the Granita and correcting other QC issues. This is what made me dive and and by the wave. I had some concerns, but I do feel like their being addressed. I hope others feel the same way. It seems to me that S7 are a great bunch of folks who just want to make cool stuff. They won't be able to please everyone all the time, but I honestly feel like they are listening to us. The character choices are top notch and so many awesome things are coming.

Lodar and freaking Karg, amirite?
    "..."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    I am actually surprised that someone would be surprised that folks are not preordering.

I really dislike the cartoon FILMATION aesthetic that is becoming more prevalent in MOTUC.

When MOTUC first came out in 2008, I was ecstatic. I was always a tremendous fan of the property and had fond memories of the cartoon(s). I didn't feel as if I needed to relive my childhood - I wanted to be inspired by it. Therefore, a new MOTU toyline that would take all this stuff I had loved and would modernize it made me very happy. The look of the figures, the sculpts, and the entire idea behind the line fit what I was looking for perfectly. When it was announced that all eras and media would be modernized and updated uniformly to fit in the line, I was even happier.

Things followed that concept swimmingly, for the most part, for years. When FILMATION figs were announced, I was a bit concerned that they would be childish and look like they came right from the cartoon. The thought that they wouldn't be updated to resemble the rest if the line was a concern for me. But, for the most part, they fit in okay. One pretty clear exception is Madame Razz - they obviously failed to give her enough of an update. I considered that a misstep, but it didn't really bother me too much. While I think some of the FILMATION figs could have used a tad bit more detail, they looked great overall.

When Matty announced that there would be a Club Grayskull line separate from MOTUC to give FILMATION fans a chance to get cartoon-accurate versions of figures that were already released in Classics, I was once again excited. I assumed it would make those folks happy and allow MOTUC to continue with modern details and updates. Yet, some FILMATION-centric fans started calling for FILMATION characters to skip Classics altogether and head to Club Grayskull. Luckily, that didn't happen. Grrr.

Then, Super7 took over everything. This made me and many other fans relieved and excited. The Ultimates were announced - that was awesome and helped generate more excitement. Then, at some point early in 2017 - ToyFair maybe? There was a walkthrough with Dan and Bryan and they were going over the next wave that was announced. They talked for a few mins about the MOTUC figs, but then Bryan said something about how fans don't want to talk about that stuff - we wanted to hear about the new 5" figs from the 80's coming back. Umm, no, not really. I get it - he was excited about this resurrection and wanted to announce it. But, it was also very telling about how much more influence the retro mindset has on Bryan. It wasn't upsetting, but I did notice it.

I preordered Wave 1 of Classics, even though Hawke/Delora was obviously an issue. It was annoying that she lacked any sort of update, but I ordered the Wave anyway.

Then, we come to SDCC 2017. I read that Dylamug was coming out. I really LOVED that character and was hoping he would make it to Classics. Then, I saw the prototype. My heart sank...he looked like a cartoon toy. He wasn't really updated. Then, I saw that "Horde" symbol and knew that the fig was in trouble. In the interview with Bryan, he said that Dylamug was originally going to be released in Club Grayskull, but is now in MOTUC. Whoa, whoa, whoa...what? It was disappointing to hear that he didn't initially know that ALL new characters debut in MOTUC. Then he said that the fig would be updated to match MOTUC better. I was relieved, but still concerned and wary. Then, I saw Granita. She didn't look anything like Rokkon and Stonedar. *sigh*

For months, we never saw an updated Dylamug nor heard Super7 mention it again. Granita and Dylamug were not the masterpieces as they should have been. Karg and Wrap Trap looked phenomenal, however.

I started posting on the Org about my concerns over this increase of FILMATION cartoon aesthetics affecting MOTUC. When I said that I may step away after collecting this line non-stop for the 10th year, Val responded as if I was being ridiculous. He seems to be ok with the FILMATION influence and even said that when discussing both toylines with the Four Horsemen, they talk about them as if they are both part of the same line. Val even mentioned that Madame Razz was the precedent that allows more FILMATION-accurate representation. Ugh.

That right there tells me why the two lines are blurring together more and more. Bryan/S7 is obsessed with all things retro. Perhaps they are asking the 4H to make things more FILMATION-y. Maybe not. But, if even the 4H and Val, and other prominent people in this niche community, are either calling for, supporting, or making excuses for this change, then the line is surely headed in a direction that I am not interested in following.

Now, Bryan has announced that Granita will receive more details and Dylamug will get a proper Horde symbol tossed in almost as an afterthought. Hips will be fixed, Teela's face corrected, and plastic updated. That's all cool I guess. But, I think the foundation of what I understood MOTUC to be about has been thoroughly crumbled. With the addition of the high price point and questionable materials and quality control, it is highly unlikely I will continue with the line - Wave 2 no longer feels like a given to me. Who knows, maybe at the last minute on the 31st I will freak out and preorder it as I have been doing since 2008. But, it is unlikely at the moment. The price point and quality control are not the main issues driving me away - they just add on to what is already my main reason. I am NOT burnt out whatsoever on MOTU or Classics. The line is just going downhill.

If Bryan/Super7 would announce what they consider to be the distinction between MOTUC and Club Grayskull going forward and how they plan to treat the releases, and it continues to fit its original intention, that would make a huge difference. I don't think they have as good of a grasp on the property or fandom as they thought they did. Own up to it and tell us what you want these lines to be going forward.
    I am ordering wave two of both lines but completely agree where most fans look at Mdme Razz, Shokoti and Lizard Man as exceptions to the classicizing rule and minor problems they should not be looked at as setting precedent to leave New Filmation characters in the cClassics Line without any added detailing or texture or anything I would also like to see a answer on this and to make sure there’s still a distinction between the two lines.

Collector’s Choice should be for all new characters whether they come from Filmation, Jetlag, Mike Young, Golden Books, DC, Marvel, Star, or Mattel mini comics and they should be classicized to fit the general aesthetic of the line.

I love Classics and have a collection I dreamed about for the better part of my life having all the characters I loved in a cohesive line encompassing all eras of the mythos. A completely reworked vintage Masters Of The Universe line, a reworked non doll Princess of Power line, a hopefully soon to be completed New Adventures line, unique characters I fell in love with from Mike Young 200x, the characters I looked throughout the toy stores as a kid for and never found ( Queen Marlena, Sea Hawk, Shadow Weaver, Icer, Batros, etc). Finally getting action figures of Lodar and Geldor and Procrustus. Having the likes of Goat Man and Anti-Eternia He-Man join the line, getting all the unreleased prototypes Eldor, He-Ro, Mara, Darius, and the Star Sisters, and even bringing us Crita.

This is the line I always wanted and there are about 40 more characters or so I wanna see added to this line and to be honest as my list is made I always find more to replace them. But can we please keep the cohesiveness of the line going if they truly Classicize Granita and Dylamug to fit in that’s awesome but I don’t want to have to campaign after the next set of reveals to have fur texture added to Kittrina or feathers to Hunga and such. Simple things like a Filmation character having bracers like Kittrina, Kothos, or General Tataran add details to the bracers and belts to look like the vintage Masters Of The Universe and Princess of Power characters not just plain bland no texture pieces of plastic.

The amazing Four Horseman have worked their magic for almost ten years making Princess of Power figures into action figures not dolls, making New Adventures fit in, and adding minor details like the chitinous texture to Scorpia and the fur texture to Batros and Plunder all I ask is keeping doing what we expect from this line. Don’t look at exceptions like Madame Razz, Lizard Man, and Shokoti and think they are setting precedent look at Scorpia, Batros, and Plundor as your precedent for future Filmation figures in the line they are without a doubt the characters we all love but with enough detail to fit into the current line.

Vultak isa perfect example adding detail to actually give him bird feet with scales and texture rather then reusing Hordak or Mer-Man’s feet was a perfect idea and all myself and other collectors are still looking for in this line. If a belt is just a plain pair of lines add some riveting, same thing with bracers, if it’s meant to be scaly add scales, if it’s furry add fur, if it’s feathered add feathered texture, if it’s robotic make it look robotic metallic paint hits, bolts, nuts, screws, and pins. It’s been done just keep up the same level.

Club Grayskull was brought out as a subline to present Filmation VARIANTS to fans.
    Last edited by bribri4u; October 27, 2017 at 11:58pm.

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I ultimately pulled the trigger and ordered, but my hesitation came from Granita and Mug looking like Club Grayskull characters sneeking into the main line, as some have already mentioned in detail. I was under the impression that figures in Classics (yes even Filmation characters) who appear in classics, are supposed to have Classics level detailing? I look to Icer as an example, or Shadow Weaver, even Plundor! I love the Plundor figure. It has a wicked unhinged look about it, that does not look to me like it stepped right out of a cartoon cell. I am a fan of Filmation characters, but the pure Filmation ascetic does not mesh with the existing Classics ascetic. I treat Club Grayskull like a separate line and I cherry pick from it, while I am all in on Classics.

And yes, I will admit there were a few characters that slipped in to Classics, even under Mattel, that looked more like Filmation only figures and less like Classics, like Madam Razz, and to some degree Lizard Man. But to be fair, I had the same concerns about those figures too.

With all that said, I think I should also mention my faith in the line and Super 7 is high! I enjoyed watching the youtube vid with the S7 power con panel. I am big time looking forward to the vintage figures coming! I am seeing S7 listening to the fans by adding detail to the Granita and correcting other QC issues. This is what made me dive and and by the wave. I had some concerns, but I do feel like their being addressed. I hope others feel the same way. It seems to me that S7 are a great bunch of folks who just want to make cool stuff. They won't be able to please everyone all the time, but I honestly feel like they are listening to us. The character choices are top notch and so many awesome things are coming.

Lodar and freaking Karg, amirite?
    I hope they are truly listening in regards to the distinction between the 2 lines and what it means for a character to be updated and released in MOTUC. I would have to hear them state it specifically though - not just make a couple of last minute changes to a couple of figures.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Club Grayskull was brought out as a subline to present Filmation VARIANTS to fans.
    Totally agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    I hope they are truly listening in regards to the distinction between the 2 lines and what it means for a character to be updated and released in MOTUC. I would have to hear them state it specifically though - not just make a couple of last minute changes to a couple of figures.
    Same. I would like to hear their mission statement for each line. As for the last minute, that is exactly why I feel S7 is listening, because it wasn't their original plan, but they changed due to fan feedback. I assume/hope this means in the future those details will be there from go and they will no longer have to be added last minute. But I may also be believing what I want to be the case? Which is why a mission statement on the lines will hopefully help some people to order who may be holding back.
    "..."

Heroic Warrior
    I actually wound up pre-ordering, But was planning on skipping. I was going to skip the line because of the shipping cost is absurd and even the "cheaper option" was like not even that much cheaper at all. I was content with it being 16 dollars to ship 10 figures like in May, but the fact it doubled was quite horrid for me, putting these $40 bucks a pop. I was really going to skip out, but I asked if some members thought if they were going to go down in value and some members told me most likely not. With that said, I took into consideration about Fisto and Shadow Weaver, Club gray skull Skeletor and Club He-man and how they keep going up and how they sell for almost 200 bucks each. So what I did was I bought an extra Dylamug, Merman, and Sorceress, even with this horrid shipping, and thought that if I waited a bit, I could sell the extras in the future and recoup the majority of the cost of the entire set. But it is indeed a big hit to my wallet, I don't earn as much as I used to, so if they release another line of figures soon, most likely I will have to call it quits with the heavy shipping and all.

I've only ever subscribed once, for the introduction of Club Grayskull. They were what I've wanted all along and I didn't realize how much I wanted them until I saw them. However, part of how I was able to justify getting them when I hadn't gotten anything else was the price. With the price now being more like the other subscriptions, I simply can't justify it, and the longer this year has gone on, the more it's been good that I didn't spend all of that.
    Last edited by Master Jokubas; October 28, 2017 at 01:11am.

Heroic Warrior
    I WANT to order wave 2, but I havenít and I may not. The FILMation-accurate Club Grayskull line is bleeding over into the Collectorís Choice line. If I wanted FILMation, I would order CG, but I donít. I want the Classicís aesthetic. Iím glad CG happened, but taking slots away from CC to put out even more less detailed FILMation (CG) figures that donít mix with the figures Iím collecting is a deal breaker. Hawke and Dylamug look 100% straight up Club Grayskull figures. No details. Less paint apps. Barely accessorized. Somehow more expensive (?).

Donít get me wrong. I love what Super7 is trying to do, but I voted for Dylamug and Hawke in CLASSICS, not Club Grayskull. If you put a figure into Collectorís Choice, it should look like it belongs there. If it looks like Club Grayskull, leave it there: donít just repackage it.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I only subscribed to Club Grayskull. I am not a fan of the Filmation line, but I did preorder the Sorceress with BBTS.

I fully support the line. I want it to succeed. I told to Brian Flynn at Power Con and our interview is on our Nerds On A Couch page. Brian is a sincere guy and they are basically starting from scratch. He is upgrading his production and there is always growing pains. Brian emphasized that he is not going to release "S-word toys" that was his quote. The ball is barely rolling. He was aware of all the problems and the history. He is being very transparent in what he's doing. I just find it funny that he is met with such negativity.

On the other hand, the lines are doing well.
    You just read a post from the head Honcho of Nerds On A Couch!

A little hesitant about quality control, but I will be subbing for the FILMation line. I prefer the cartoon versions over the Classic versions at this point. I may be in the minority on that statement, but I grew up watching the cartoon, so that's what I am collecting now. The only Classics I have kept are He-Man, MAA, Teela, and the Fighting Foe Men.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

http://give.transplants.org/goto/justintrease

I haven’t pre ordered because I simply can’t afford them at the moment and I’m really, really upset about it. It feels so wrong not being able to put an order in. I NEED Karg and Tung and I’m worried I’ll never have them or have to pay insane prices for them in the future.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com