Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you NOT Pre-Ordering MOTUC Wave 2? Why not???

In a nut shell: these figures cost far too much for z-list characters that have so far been released with sub-par to downright crappy quality.

I pre-ordered a few wave 2 figures from BBTS. I know that costs a little more but that gives me the option to cancel if early reviews of the figures aren't good. I had a set of Power Con figures on pre-order with BBTS. Then the reviews showed that the figures were absolute turds. I cancelled my pre-order and saved $150 and tons of frustration.

When/if Super 7 gets their act together and actually delivers top notch MOTUC figures, then I may change my tune. But their track record so far doesn't justify taking a gamble and giving them more money.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    I too definitely wanted more NA and 200X stuff. But I am not budging until they announce their intention with Classics and Club Grayskull. An official announcement, not last minute changes due to fan outcry, is what I am waiting for. That is what would change my mind. Since an acknowledgement like that is unlikely to happen, the end is nigh for me. I can't keep dropping an enormous amount of money on MOTUC that isn't updated and modern.
    Dylamug and Granita are both have changes made to them to classicized them.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Dylamug and Granita are both have changes made to them to classicized them.
    Did you not read what I said??

As for Cost, that's a really tough one. I don't know the solution there.

Remember that I made a comment about how a price drop would allow me buy? That was my honest answer, but I am in no way dumb enough to think that a price drop is possible.

Not wanting every character in the wave, or not being into the character selection was mentioned a few times. I mean, why buy something you don't want? Unfortunately, I do worry that the line could die if not enough folks go "all in." It's difficult to think of a solution for this one. Maybe people can work out deals to go in half/half with other collectors? Sell off or trade the ones you don't want? Or maybe it's just time to let the chips fall where they may.

If it was possible, I would suggest 2 figure sets instead of 4 figure sets. If that were feasible, I think it could make a HUGE difference. There's a big difference between buying 1 figure you don't want as opposed to 2 or possibly 3. Also, with 2 figure sets, it would be a lot easier for people to team up and split sets. Granted, I'm sure 2 figure sets are impossible to do.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; October 28, 2017 at 11:13pm.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    As for Cost, that's a really tough one. I don't know the solution there.

Remember that I made a comment about how a price drop would allow me buy? That was my honest answer, but I am in no way dumb enough to think that a price drop is possible.

Not wanting every character in the wave, or not being into the character selection was mentioned a few times. I mean, why buy something you don't want? Unfortunately, I do worry that the line could die if not enough folks go "all in." It's difficult to think of a solution for this one. Maybe people can work out deals to go in half/half with other collectors? Sell off or trade the ones you don't want? Or maybe it's just time to let the chips fall where they may.

If it was possible, I would suggest 2 figure sets instead of 4 figure sets. If that were feasible, I think it could make a HUGE difference. There's a big difference between buying 1 figure you don't want as opposed to 2 or possibly 3. Also, with 2 figure sets, it would be a lot easier for people to team up and split sets. Granted, I'm sure 2 figure sets are impossible to do.
    No offence but that suggestion doesn't work for everyone and if it went to two figures the line would die. There are plenty of us Happy with the selection and purchased both sets, in fact some of us have purchased serveral of each set plus extra singles.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    No offence but that suggestion doesn't work for everyone and if it went to two figures the line would die. There are plenty of us Happy with the selection and purchased both sets, in fact some of us have purchased serveral of each set plus extra singles.
    Completely agree. I would love to go back to a monthly subscription of knowing what all we are getting or if they are gonna put both subs together break the payment plan into four months or five months to help lower the price.

No need to worry guys. My opinion and I no longer matter, as I'm a non-buyer.

My signature says it all....
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; October 29, 2017 at 01:38am.
    Odd Man Out

Well I actually DID end up signing up for a sub to wave 2 of CG, BUT there are a few things concerning me about continuing supporting the line post Matty Collector...

First of all the increase in price makes these quite pricey purchases IMO...I'm kind of hanging for the new MOTU movie to materialize and for the chance to be able to buy standard figures under $17 AUD at major retailers....

Another issue is the quality control...at the moment I still feel a lot of uncertainty surrounding this and the recent reviews / feedback concerning the PowerCon figures has made me a little concerned...

And the final major issue is the even more restricted availability of figures...making prices on the later secondhand market inflated and ridiculous then the Matty days...

I am by no means a Mattel sub / store fan...I think they ran things pretty badly with digital river and the like (the current store is a complete shoddy joke...my order is still pending in limbo and I don't want it now anyway just on principal), but I miss the prices, sales (in which I was able to really catch up back the day) and the wider coverage of the brand (which was already limited back then).

I already cancelled Hordak from CG wave 1 at BBTS, as I just can't afford to collect the Filmation She-Ra output as well. And depending on finances and quality I might just cancel Man-At-Arms, Teela and Triklops...

What I WILL be doing is trying to hunt Matty MOTUC figures for affordable prices when available and rebuild a decent collection, as it's become a little nostalgic for me now...

IF the quality on the CG is as good as Mattel's 2.0 / CG figures then I'll probably still cherrypick Prince Adam, Ram Man and Skeletor (if I can find him for a SANE price), then I'll just enjoy what I have with the 2.0's...to me that's pretty much the A-listers done anyway.

I'm not sure if I'm just feeling this way because I had surgery and chemo this week, but that's currently how I'm feeling about CC and CG under the Super7 banner...
    Last edited by GoatmanSays; October 29, 2017 at 02:33am.

I haven't ordered any figures since Super 7 took over. I was super excited when they took over, but the pricing of these figures has far exceeded their value. When I saw that the price for each figure is $35 without shipping costs......no thanks. I still love MOTU, but $40+ for a figure is ridiculous. I have moved on to Star Wars 6 inch figures and Marvel legends, and I can still get those for under $20.

I'm content with my MOTU collection that I received from Matty. I'd like to have the Super 7 ones, but in reality, these figures aren't worth more than $20.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

No Thundercats Sub For Me Due To The 200x King Hsss Torso fiasco!

I also want to underline that 200X is much more needed now and Filmation schould be scaled back to its own subline!
    Re-release Dino-Riders sculpted by the Four Horsemen!!!

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    I still not have preordered the figures depsite I am in the same way of thinking as you.
    The line-up is the best we have seen for years but :
    - Not really bored by the price of the figures themselves but the amount of money I already spent in the preorders with still no figures in hand
    - Really afraid by the quality reported for the powercon figures especially the too weak plastic for the neck peg
    - Do not trust Super7 anymore with the lack of communication during the packaging changes for the Ultimate figures

It seems that these points (excepted for the first) are going to be fixed by the time so I'll see ...

I know it didn't work for everyone, Super7 included, but I liked the paypal partial payment plan. Owing to bad timing on my part I'm doing the bbts thing this time, and also for reasons mentioned above, ie. the cancellation option, only being charged when the figures ship, not to mention being able to pick and choose. So many of us seem to be going this route. I'm guessing it'll actually be easier on super7, at least with regards to shipping!

I'm very optimistic about how they'll turn out. Great to hear the updates about their progress!

I keep hearing about the increase in price the increase in price Mattel had better prices etc. Mattel had better prices because they are a huge toy company pushing a lot of volume through a factory so they get really good prices from said factory.

Super7 is a small toy company and can NOT push the same volume through a factory as mattel did so smaller toy runs the factory charges more for production. That's why the figures are now $34.99 each. I'm sure If Super7 could they would want to charge us less but they can't the cost to us is based off of what the factory in china charges Super7 to produce the MOTUC's style figures for Collectors Choice and Club Grayskull.

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    Super 7 would hope to make 50% of the 2016 toy run (which is VERY small in number). These figures now have the smallest production, and for a Masters fan, would make them the most valuable. Shadow Weaver was the highest-volume exclusive, so there are some metrics for you.

I'd pay 35 gladly to get figures to complete the collection I worked hard at. I want my meteorbs, NA, and JetLag. Fill those gaps. 35 is a small price for that limited a run AND having all-new tooling, something Mattel wouldn't compromise on.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    Super 7 would hope to make 50% of the 2016 toy run (which is VERY small in number). These figures now have the smallest production, and for a Masters fan, would make them the most valuable. Shadow Weaver was the highest-volume exclusive, so there are some metrics for you.

I'd pay 35 gladly to get figures to complete the collection I worked hard at. I want my meteorbs, NA, and JetLag. Fill those gaps. 35 is a small price for that limited a run AND having all-new tooling, something Mattel wouldn't compromise on.

Quoted for Truth.

No way would Scott & Mattel have given us Dylamug (Brand new 100% sculpt) Horde Mummy (Brand New 100% sculpt) all in the same wave.

I keep hearing about the increase in price the increase in price Mattel had better prices etc. Mattel had better prices because they are a huge toy company pushing a lot of volume through a factory so they get really good prices from said factory.

Super7 is a small toy company and can NOT push the same volume through a factory as mattel did so smaller toy runs the factory charges more for production. That's why the figures are now $34.99 each. I'm sure If Super7 could they would want to charge us less but they can't the cost to us is based off of what the factory in china charges Super7 to produce the MOTUC's style figures for Collectors Choice and Club Grayskull.
    But that’s not the point. The point is: 400$ is 400$. Twice a year. For toys.
    Awesome sticker included!

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    Exactly. Few people seem to understand this, that as a customer- I don't care about the behind the curtain reasons for this stuff.

Oh but that is the point. Everyone needs to understand the days of Mattel are over. Super7 is a small toy company keeping the Line going for the MOTUC's fanbase.

They can't charge what Mattel charged us because the factory in china is charging Super7 more for the smaller toy runs.

True not everyone can afford it but Super7 isn't out to screw us, they have offered a payment plan twice now to make it more affordable to those who can't afford it all in one shot.

Also it's not $400.00 twice a year, the four figure sets are $139.99 and if you order both sets that's $279.98 before shipping cost.
    Last edited by mjw41; October 29, 2017 at 10:07am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Exactly. Few people seem to understand this, that as a customer- I don't care about the behind the curtain reasons for this stuff.
    I would if the toys had a ton of clear shortcuts. You get what you pay for. Arguing that they are toys versus adult Collectibles is semantics at this point.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DrumMaster View Post
    I still not have preordered the figures depsite I am in the same way of thinking as you.
    The line-up is the best we have seen for years but :
    - Not really bored by the price of the figures themselves but the amount of money I already spent in the preorders with still no figures in hand
    - Really afraid by the quality reported for the powercon figures especially the too weak plastic for the neck peg
    - Do not trust Super7 anymore with the lack of communication during the packaging changes for the Ultimate figures

It seems that these points (excepted for the first) are going to be fixed by the time so I'll see ...
    Ok, sorry if the reply is heavy-handed, but where have you been? Lol

-I don't understand the "bored" by the prices part.

-They said they may extend the pre-order window so that you can have the first figures in hand before pre-ordering the second wave.

-They discussed the plastic opacity and durometer at length with several video and photo updates now. It's being improved. Power Con figures had to be made at a new vendor replicating the old vendor exactly (when the old vendor took years to nail down the execution with mixed results) with little time to review and QC before a hard deadline (PowerCon itself). PowerCon figures, in this regard, is not the measuring stick to use, unless to are saying that these are the figures they will learn from. Better Plasmar than Granita, I say.

-The Ultimates resealable card I agree with you on. It was probably Ram Man that failed the test for the set. But you are throwing the baby out with the bathwater with all the good will they've shown us since, and the toys themselves came out great. They've been transparent and they've listened since, making sure this latest batch is great before shipping.

I am confused why you would write a whole post of issues, and then say all but the first point is being addressed, and they are also addressing the first point you made as well.

This thread really devolved into a "jump down the throats of Super7 critics" argument really fast.

The original poster asked why people weren't preordering. Almost everyone here gave valid reasons for concern. I don't really see the point of attacking them, but whatever.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by The Timeless One View Post
    For that matter, I personally dislike that CG is even a thing. I feel it is parasitic to CC -- the spirit and continuity of the line proper. But that's just me. It is a noise I tolerate to receive the signal otherwise. But if too much Filmation-looking noise creeps into CC, then my faith and interest in the line is broken. And so will end any further pre-orders from Super7 by me.
    I completely agree with what you said about CG style designs creeping into CC, but on a case by case basis. But here with Hawke, you are dead on.

Folks love CG, maybe grabbing the casual collector who joined Classics late, or having a style embraced in our youth. We are getting A-list in CG with D-list in CC. Judging by sales, I'd wager that CC is parasitic to CG, ironically.

Oh but that is the point. Everyone needs to understand the days of Mattel are over. Super7 is a small toy company keeping the Line going for the MOTUC's fanbase.

They can't charge what Mattel charged us because the factory in china is charging Super7 more for the smaller toy runs.

True not everyone can afford it but Super7 isn't out to screw us, they have offered a payment plan twice now to make it more affordable to those who can't afford it all in one shot.

Also it's not $400.00 twice a year, the four figure sets are $139.99 and if you order both sets that's $279.98 before shipping cost.
    No, you are missing the point. I don’t know what’s so hard to understand about this. Can you please quote the bit where I said S7 is screwing us over with the price tag? Or that they are doing it on purpose?
    I don’t care about the reasons for the price because for me the reasons don’t make a difference at all. I have a job with a fixed income. I have a family and other responsibilities. I only have so much money I can spend on my hobbies. That is the point and absolutely nothing else!

Moreover, what do I care about the price before shipping costs? Don’t you pay for shipping? Is S7 offering free shipping to you? Shipping is just as much part of the grand total as taxes and in my case as an international costumer, customs duty.
    I pay $280+$75 for shipping plus another $70 for tax and customs duty which adds up to $425. and that is still the cheapest option for me. I know that none of this is S7‘s faults but it doesn’t make any difference at all because it’s still $425!
    Awesome sticker included!

[QUOTE=Grayskull's Heir;3752889]No, you are missing the point. I don’t know what’s so hard to understand about this. Can you please quote the bit where I said S7 is screwing us over with the price tag? Or that they are doing it on purpose?
    I don’t care about the reasons for the price because for me the reasons don’t make a difference at all. I have a job with a fixed income. I have a family and other responsibilities. I only have so much money I can spend on my hobbies. That is the point and absolutely nothing else!

Moreover, what do I care about the price before shipping costs? Don’t you pay for shipping? Is S7 offering free shipping to you? Shipping is just as much part of the grand total as taxes and in my case as an international costumer, customs duty.
    I pay $280+$75 for shipping plus another $70 for tax and customs duty which adds up to $425. and that is still the cheapest option for me. I know that none of this is S7‘s faults but it doesn’t make any difference at all because it’s still $425![/QUOTE

First I NEVER claimed you said " S7 is screwing us over with the price tag? Or that they are doing it on purpose" now did I? That was me saying those two comments not quoting you.

Second I live in the USA so for me it's $139.99 x two sets of four figures plus $30.00 shipping for a total of $309.98. You live outside the USA so you pay more but that not on Super7 that's your country that hits you with the customs duty.

I'm sorry it cost you so much but Everyone outside the USA is going to pay more due to a higher shipping cost then the customes duty that your country imposes.
    Last edited by mjw41; October 29, 2017 at 12:21pm.

Heroic Warrior
    [QUOTE=mjw41;3752892]
    No, you are missing the point. I don’t know what’s so hard to understand about this. Can you please quote the bit where I said S7 is screwing us over with the price tag? Or that they are doing it on purpose?

I pay $280+$75 for shipping plus another $70 for tax and customs duty which adds up to $425. and that is still the cheapest option for me. I know that none of this is S7‘s faults but it doesn’t make any difference at all because it’s still $425![/QUOTE

First I NEVER claimed you said " S7 is screwing us over with the price tag? Or that they are doing it on purpose" now did I? That was me saying those two comments not quoting you.

Second I live in the USA so for me it's $139.99 x two sets of four figures plus $30.00 shipping for a total of $309.98. You live outside the USA so you pay more but that not on Super7 that's your country that hits you with the customs duty.

I'm sorry it cost you so much but Everyone outside the USA is going to pay more due to a higher shipping cost then the customes duty that your country imposes.
    I have to chime in here.

All GH is saying is that it's too expensive. Not blaming anyone, not accusing anyone. Just very simply, it's too expensive.

I really don't understand how that turned into a point of contention??