Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you NOT Pre-Ordering MOTUC Wave 2? Why not???

I ordered the collector's choice wave, but not the filmation ones. Only reason is, is that I prefer the toy look to the filmation look in most cases. I did get He-Man and Skeletor as well as Clawful since he's so different, but most I just don't feel I need in my collection. I passed on all the super 7 filmation wave 1 and really the only one I want from wave 2 is Tounge Lasher - again because he looks so different. Had I been able to order just him I might have done so.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Heroic Warrior
    1. What would you need in order to convince you to buy in the current Collector's Choice and/or Club Grayskull pre-order?

The video and photo updates with Super 7 are way more transparent than Mattel has even been, not only because of timely updates, but because they are LISTENING, changing course to really meet comsume demand! It's almost like folks look back to Mattel for the glory days. It's premature, and Mattel had an 8 year head start, but I like their approach more thsn Mattel's thus far. I don't need to be convinced. I'm in!

2. Are you waiting for 2017 (Super7 wave 1) to ship before forking over more dough?

I am not but it's a great idea for a perfectly reasonable request.

3. Are you waiting to see how the quality control goes?

Power Con was both a curveball and a teachable lesson for Super7. With no hard deadline working both for and against them, the first assortment is a real proving ground for Super7.

4. Has everything just gotten too expensive?

For a small production run on a niche market? No. If it was just a new head, yes. But this tooling is ALL NEW, so for me the value is there.

5. Are you simply burned out?

I am winding down but this was a shot in the arm. What interesting new directions the line can head in. But I do want targeted NA and movie figures completed if the stars align. And where are our meteorbs? Haha

I have said that if it wasn't for the Horsemen's NA sculpts, I never would have discovered how special and really fun the New Adventures story was. I hope their take on comic characters have the same impact!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jun-Yor; October 29, 2017 at 05:01pm.

Heroic Warrior
    [QUOTE=WalkerBoh;3752894]
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post

I have to chime in here.

All GH is saying is that it's too expensive. Not blaming anyone, not accusing anyone. Just very simply, it's too expensive.

I really don't understand how that turned into a point of contention??
    Yeah I didn't get that either. If someone just doesn't have room in their budget, or feels they are priced to high to the value that's a personal thing. No one accused Super 7 of price gouging. I'd be willing to bet they are making smaller margins than Mattel did. They are also giving us a ton of new tooling.

Even still, the perfect action figure made of solid gold may still simply be out of the budget. I love a good New York Strip Steak. I can't eat it very often because of the price. It doesn't mean I hate my butcher or think he's price gouging me. It doesn't even mean I don't think the steak is worth the price. It just means we all have different budgetary restraints.

Heroic Warrior
    [QUOTE=snake_mole_hill;3752902]
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBoh View Post

Yeah I didn't get that either. If someone just doesn't have room in their budget, or feels they are priced to high to the value that's a personal thing. No one accused Super 7 of price gouging. I'd be willing to bet they are making smaller margins than Mattel did. They are also giving us a ton of new tooling.

Even still, the perfect action figure made of solid gold may still simply be out of the budget. I love a good New York Strip Steak. I can't eat it very often because of the price. It doesn't mean I hate my butcher or think he's price gouging me. It doesn't even mean I don't think the steak is worth the price. It just means we all have different budgetary restraints.
    Mmmmmm New York strip steak

I, unfortunately, have had to cut down on my usual ordering. It's just become too expensive all at one time. I much preferred having a smaller monthly payment taken out.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2018!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

I'm very sad to hear that the line (once again) is facing it's end.....

I guess the time without new figures was too long....He-Fans wanted to be "entertained" all the time...if Fans don't get new stuff for some time, they lose their interest in the line.

Also infact, things got too expensive....not the MotuC-Line, but there are too many products coming out. We got the Muscle Figures, the Reaction-Figures, the "new" Vintage figures, the Sideshow statues, the Funko Vinyl Figures, the Loyal Subject Action Vinyls and a lot more stuff....
    But as the know, there are only a few He-Man-Fans out there and i guess, we're getting less....(nearly) nobody can't afford to buy everything.
    So Super7 shouldn't bring out too much products.
    In my opinion, the Minis and the Giants failed for the very same reason.

Concerning the Filmation-Line:
    I guess most people only want the A-Characters from the Cartoon....nobody wants a new line brining out again all characters.....so why we get a B-Character like Man-E-Faces??? Nobody wants him....Super7 should focus an new characters.

I'm also missing some surprises like weapon paks or "special figures" (i.e. Dree Elle, Twiggets, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    I'm very sad to hear that the line (once again) is facing it's end.....
    There's no actual evidence of this, right? Just the fears of the OP based on Facebook?

I thought there was some evidence this preorder wasn't going well, but then changed my mind when they announced so many accessories.

Now I'm having third thoughts based on the massive extension of the window (we aren't going to get these guys until next fall at this rate). Unless you're Mythic Legions, I don't see how it's sustainable to deliver products only twice a year. I also think they needed to find a way to deliver more A-list characters outside the CG line, but if the Ultimates didn't sell well, maybe they thought CC Z-listers and CG A-Listers was the way to go.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Heroic Warrior
    Can people please not jump to conclusions and fear-monger? They extended the deadline because buyers wanted to have the previous figures in hand first.

They address a valid concern and more cancellation speculation and gossip happens. I'm sure like in the other videos, they'll tell us what's going on, good news or bad.

Thinking about all this, I think maybe S7 should also concentrate on filling some of the glaring holes in some of the factions. Granita is a perfect example. While I, personally, don’t like/need her, she is the last remaining rock person. We also need Hunga (last remaining main villain from SOTS), Miro (last remaining member of the royal family), Dree-Elle and Montork, Twiggets (they were in basically every episode), even Skeleteen (we have Dare, so) etc. Not a fan of more concept figures (mummy).
    I thought figures like Lodar and Hawke from wave 1 did a better job to accomplish this goal.
    Awesome sticker included!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    Can people please not jump to conclusions and fear-monger? They extended the deadline because buyers wanted to have the previous figures in hand first.

They address a valid concern and more cancellation speculation and gossip happens. I'm sure like in the other videos, they'll tell us what's going on, good news or bad.

I don't know. They must have known for months that people wanted figures in hand (I saw that discussed here on the Org) so they could have set that late date when the preorder started. I think it's quite reasonable to believe that sales have slowed.

Where was the update announced that they would be extending the deadline and when has it been extended until?

I don't know if this is the only place, but extending the pre-order window was discussed in the video interview with Brian Flynn linked in yon thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ynn-of-Super-7

For anyone who hasn't yet seen that interview, I personally strongly encourage you to do so. Brian is quite honest, informative and direct regarding various MOTU-related matters, including the MOTUC waves, questions and issues raised around them, etc.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Just realized that shipping on these is $30.85 plus the $15.75 payment plan fee. This line is doomed. What a ****ing joke.

Quote Originally Posted by The Timeless One View Post
    I don't know if this is the only place, but extending the pre-order window was discussed in the video interview with Brian Flynn linked in yon thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ynn-of-Super-7

For anyone who hasn't yet seen that interview, I personally strongly encourage you to do so. Brian is quite honest, informative and direct regarding various MOTU-related matters, including the MOTUC waves, questions and issues raised around them, etc.
    It's super long.

I'll bite my tongue on a lot of it. He does explain a lot. His interviewers are quite, um, kind about some of his answers. If you're a fan of the vintage 5.5 lineup, there's news aplenty.

The biggest news (for me anyway) was the idea that this should be four waves of 4 (4 CC one quarter, 4 CG the next, and so on). Won't that make shipping even worse?

I didn't make it all the way to the end. My endurance ended around the 48 minute mark.
    Last edited by jscott991; October 29, 2017 at 09:09pm.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Heroic Warrior
    I pre-ordered both sets. Last time round, I only ordered an extra Fang-or from a friend who got the set, but ordered all the Filmation ones. I love the Filmation ones.

This time round, I liked all four of the character's offered in both sets, so I happily ordered both. That said, now that I'll get my Dylamug, I don't know how many further figures in the Classics line I would be looking for at this point. There's so many great ones already out there.

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    It's super long.

I'll bite my tongue on a lot of it. He does explain a lot. His interviewers are quite, um, kind about some of his answers. If you're a fan of the vintage 5.5 lineup, there's news aplenty.

The biggest news (for me anyway) was the idea that this should be four waves of 4 (4 CC one quarter, 4 CG the next, and so on). Won't that make shipping even worse?

I didn't make it all the way to the end. My endurance ended around the 48 minute mark.
    Yeah, that was a MAJOR slog to get thru for what amounts to very little info about the current preorder. It was eyeroll inducing at times, but I did watch all of it. *whew*

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    I would be more excited about this if we had more 200x figures. I'm fine with getting A-list Filmation in ClubG, but I'm really kind of burnt out on the Z-listers. I'd like to see some cool new designs, like Draego-Man. I'd like to see Super7 take some risks, and not slavishly reproduce designs that were seen maybe three times in the cartoons. I'd like to see them *update* designs, like experiment with updating the Masks of Power demons. I want figures from the new comic books, like fancy pants He-Man, Lady Slither, Snake Goddess Teela, etc. I like the Horde Mummy in this wave for that reason.

And here's the thing for me...if I'm paying more than thirty dollars for an action figure, I want it to look like some effort and tooling went into it. I want to see some artistry there, and I'd like to see the 4H actually play with design rather than having to follow a recipe. Looking at their other lines, they *can* make some amazing stuff for this price point. If I wanted to buy a Funko POP doll, I would, and I wouldn't pay more than ten bucks for it. I was really getting irritated with the lack of effort and care in the design of the POP figures we've already got (with the exception of GP She-Ra and maybe Mermista). If a manufacturer is going to charge a premium price, okay...but let's see some tooling and some paint apps.

Bottom line for me is design. Is the design worth the cash? Does the figure look cool? Those drive my decisions.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Factorz View Post
    Where was the update announced that they would be extending the deadline and when has it been extended until?
    In yesterday's Fans of Power podcast, they interviewed Flynn, and he said that he's keeping the pre-order open until Wave 1 ships, since he understands people's concerns about not wanting to pre-order without the first set yet.

I've pre-ordered everything via Super 7, the character selection isn't a problem for me.
    But there were things that are very frustrating...

• Having to pre order all 4 figures per wave. That's turned a lot of people off. I know my usual Sydney Sub Buddies have stopped subbing as they don't want all the figures. Luckily for them, I've let them tack their cherry picking orders onto my order.
    • The quality of the Power Con Exclusives from the new factory were average at best, and given the price, we were all expecting better. I know Super 7 have addressed the bulk of the problems (wide crotch/hips etc), but we've still not seen any evidence of the hard shining plastic being replaced with the softer plastic of the existing figures.
    • Expecting people to pre-order figures without ALL the information and photos of inclusions. If Man-E-Faces comes with extra weapons, show them in the pre-sale from Day 1... Same with the extra Sorceress head...
    • I assume the swap to non-resealable cards for Ultimates turned people off Super 7 too.
    • The blurring of lines between MotU Classics and Filmation. Hawk is a perfect example. She's part of Classics, but clearly lacking Classics detailing. Thankfully they are fixing Granita for her Classics inclusion. There needs to be a distinct separation between Classics and Filmation aesthetics.
    • Pre-Ordering and paying upfront for figures you won't see for 6-12 months is a BIG ask.
    • After 9 years of Classics, maybe people are just moving on?

Just some of my observations from my Instagram interactions.

Heroic Warrior
    Ultimately, although Granita, Dylamug and Wrap-Trap all appeal to me, I can't justify buying four figures, especially with the cost of international shipping, when I'm really only interested in one figure - Granita. I never subscribed for MOTUC, except for Club Etheria.

Also, to date, the Granita figure which has been shown does not have the level of detail which I expect for MOTUC-compatible figures. I overlooked that issue for a number of previous PoP figures (including Madame Razz), but it's even more important to me in this instance since the Rock Warrior aesthetic has been established with Rokkon and Stonedar. I fully appreciate that Super 7 have agreed to add additional details, but IF I like the results (when shown), then I'll just look to acquire Granita through other means.

I completely agree with what you said about CG style designs creeping into CC, but on a case by case basis. But here with Hawke, you are dead on.

Folks love CG, maybe grabbing the casual collector who joined Classics late, or having a style embraced in our youth. We are getting A-list in CG with D-list in CC. Judging by sales, I'd wager that CC is parasitic to CG, ironically.

I am actually one of those collectors. I only joined in December of last year after getting my hands on the ThunderCats line from Mattel. I liked it so much and got convinced to buy into MOTUC when I heard about the cross over comic book. Firstly my love for MOTU is based on the cartoon, so my priority is CG. I love that they've included Filmation-esque figures into CC in the past. I have been buying figures that look similar to their cartoon counterparts, although I did have Syklone as a toy when I was a kid, I do prefer the Filmation look of the others. For me its a bonus when CC has figures like Dylamug and Hawke which is similar to their cartoon versions. But I do respect the other fans who's been with the line from day 1 and I hear what they're saying about the guidelines having to be clear as to what is CC and what is CG.
    I only bought CG from wave 1 and Hawke & Fangor from CC wave 1 because of their look. (although Fangor wasn't in the cartoon his design is superb I just had to have him). Wave 2 I've gone all in. I don't like WrapTrap, but I want the other 3 from CC. I'm glad they're updating Granita to look like the other 2, although I preferred her current look, it does make sense to update her. I just hope Dylamug stays as is, as I love that iconic design. This is my first time being all in. Pricing is understandable. The exchange rate for me though is a bit rough. Shipping too, but I want these figures so I'll pay up. For me it's like joining the line for the first time properly, so I still see a bright future for S7 if they carry on this way. I would like to see them ship figures first though, but I give them the benefit of the doubt with wave 1. I honestly just hope wave 2 will be sent out before we fork out more dough for wave 3. And judging by the past, we'll see wave 3 figs at Toyfair and pay for them in May / June. Right about when Wave 2 must ship.

I bought both waves and two extra Sorceress figures to trade/flip later. My shipping total was around $30. That seems better than previous Super 7 shipping quotes, but I don't know for sure. I'm hoping for better shipping prices in the future. They're expensive, but otherwise I think they're doing pretty well so far.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

After watching the interview:

I think that extending the deadline for wave2 orders is a great idea. It's hard to make a decision while still waiting for the PowerCon Figs and Wave 1. Rumours as the main source of information certainly don't help. And it comes easier to find faults in figures or the lineup when frustration is involved (e.g. waiting in general or what you have to go through to get your Ultimates from a German customs official). So, there's more time to relax now.

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by snikt View Post
    After watching the interview:

I think that extending the deadline for wave2 orders is a great idea. It's hard to make a decision while still waiting for the PowerCon Figs and Wave 1. Rumours as the main source of information certainly don't help. And it comes easier to find faults in figures or the lineup when frustration is involved (e.g. waiting in general or what you have to go through to get your Ultimates from a German customs official). So, there's more time to relax now.

For me, it wasn't as much wanting to see the first wave before getting the second wave so much as the window of opportunity to pre-order these has been extremely short, and these past two months I got utterly slammed financially.

I want this new wave even more than the previous wave; just need more time to be able to get it is all.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

What would make sense to me is if Super 7 let people order any figure that they've ever made and send the work order to the producing factory. Let orders queue up every 6 months. They seem like they'll save all of the molds going forward, so it should be doable. Just have a "back figure" catalogue and let people preorder, then fulfill. If one person ordered just one...idk, Gwildor...and they didn't want to produce it, let the person have the option of keeping the order in the queue for the next go round, or refund. They could differentiate packaging slightly for collectors.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk