Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you NOT Pre-Ordering MOTUC Wave 2? Why not???

1. What would you need in order to convince you to buy in the current Collector's Choice and/or Club Grayskull pre-order?
    Having more money to buy them. Honestly, the character selection has been great, international shipping isn't bad too, and the preorder system is terrific...but overall prices of action figures (not just MOTUC) has gotten to a point wherein I can't justify paying for them.

2. Are you waiting for 2017 (Super7 wave 1) to ship before forking over more dough?
    Not really.

3. Are you waiting to see how the quality control goes?
    That might help a bit. I was super excited with I got the Powercon stuff...and got a bit disappointed with the overall quality. The price on the figure doesn't match the quality I was expecting especially after a few years with Matty.

4. Has everything just gotten too expensive?
    Yes they have. If it was 4 figures every 4 months I could possibly afford them, but it looks like it'll be 8 figures every 4 months, add the Power con figures every year, add the currency exchange, and add the custom fees, the buttom line for one figure is just too much. I still love MOTUC, it's the best and only toyline I prioritize..but it's just gotten to the point wherein I can't afford them anymore. I'm happy and envious of other guys here who can stick with this line. I salute your dedication!

5. Are you simply burned out?
    Looks like it. Hope I stick with it because i'm sure it'll be more expensive to backtrack these if I change my mind. I've been collecting this line since 2012 I think...was able to subscribe and also backtrack on almost all of the figure except the repaints, so my collection is pretty respectable. MOTUC is the hardest toyline I had to let go...but overall I really don't wanna get something I know I can't afford on a monthly basis.

I ended up ordering a set of the Wave 2 CC after all. Cherry picking the CG waves, unless there's a batch with at least 3 figures in it that are on my wants list.

It's always the same deal... price and character selection. There are some characters I want so much that, yes, I'll probably pay $35 (or more) for, but because of the price increase, I've cut my wants list in half. If they keep making waves with at least 3 characters in the wave on my wants list, I'll likely buy in; if it's 1-2, I'll find a way to get the figures I want elsewhere.

If they stop offering New Adventures, I'm out.
    Vintage New Adventures deserves to be finished!
    MOTUC Top Ten Super 7 wants: KAYO, Hoove, Drissi, Crystoll, Chef Allen, any Catra variant, Nocturna, Red Knight, Clawdeen (flocked), Spinwit
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon, Skystalker

Quote Originally Posted by OptimalWarlord View Post
    What would make sense to me is if Super 7 let people order any figure that they've ever made and send the work order to the producing factory. Let orders queue up every 6 months. They seem like they'll save all of the molds going forward, so it should be doable. Just have a "back figure" catalogue and let people preorder, then fulfill. If one person ordered just one...idk, Gwildor...and they didn't want to produce it, let the person have the option of keeping the order in the queue for the next go round, or refund. They could differentiate packaging slightly for collectors.
    I love that idea.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by OptimalWarlord View Post
    What would make sense to me is if Super 7 let people order any figure that they've ever made and send the work order to the producing factory. Let orders queue up every 6 months. They seem like they'll save all of the molds going forward, so it should be doable. Just have a "back figure" catalogue and let people preorder, then fulfill. If one person ordered just one...idk, Gwildor...and they didn't want to produce it, let the person have the option of keeping the order in the queue for the next go round, or refund. They could differentiate packaging slightly for collectors.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk
    Obviously I love this idea. I wish Super7 would offer older figures. I wanted more Ultimates and other A-list characters to be made so as to keep refreshing the customer base (and keeping these great figures around).

I doubt they will do anything like this though.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

A mix of 4 and 5, I guess. I have SO much Masters stuff now, I don't think anything other than Stridor is anything I want to pay for anymore and the prices just go up -- so

1. A better selection, lower price.
    2.No
    3. I'm curious about quality control, yes but not a deal breaker.
    4. Yes
    5. Yes

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    For me, it wasn't as much wanting to see the first wave before getting the second wave so much as the window of opportunity to pre-order these has been extremely short, and these past two months I got utterly slammed financially.

I want this new wave even more than the previous wave; just need more time to be able to get it is all.
    Same situation for me exactly. Just a really short window, and with little warning. If I knew of the short window 2 months ahead of time, no problem. But when it's just like, BAM it's here and it's so short, it's tough to swing.

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    Finally have made preorder : 1 Grayskull Set and 1 Collector Choice Set + 1 Wrap Trap and 1 Dylamug.
    Very surprised (in a good way) by the shipping cost : only 35$ for 10 figures !!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    No need to worry guys. My opinion and I no longer matter, as I'm a non-buyer.
    Non buyer here too.

I only collect vintage and mini comic classics so those others have no interest to me...

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I am well and truly baffled by the quality control messages. Like, the Power Con figures are a little different. You have to heat up Terroar's head to take it off. Stratos' wings are too floppy. They goofed on the hardness of the hands which should be more flexible. Yeah, it's inconvenient, but people are acting like these things are a disaster. Like the figures turn into carcinogenic sludge the moment you take them out of the package or something.
    You are baffled by people being angry that they spent at minimum $105, and in the case of me $210, for shoddy product? Are you kidding me? Sorry, dude, but the Power Con figures are a disaster. Every single figure I paid hard earned money for have defects. Defects on the level of Green Goddess and Roboto. ALL SIX OF THEM. It amazes me that your litmus test for customer satisfaction is based on whether the product is cancer sludge.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    they flip out if MOTU isn't exactly as they desire it to be is just wacky.
    The expectation of quality is wacky to you? Give me a break. People have broken figures because of the poor QC. I have horribly painted figures and in particular a Stratos that I want to hurl against the wall because his left hand is a friggin' pinwheel.

This goes far beyond character selection or paint design complaints. This is the quality of the figures themselves.

I feel fleeced of my money.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, UNCLE MONTORK & DREE-ELLE, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

1. What would you need in order to convince you to buy in the current Collector's Choice and/or Club Grayskull pre-order?
    I ordered Ultimates/Collector's Choice/PowerCon from BBTS and will continue to collect these. I am not interested in Club Grayskull and there is nothing that can convice me to buy it.
    I am from Europe and I didn't really grow up with Filmation. In the 80's Filmation wasn't such an influence here as in the USA. The Club Filmation in the Classics line is my least favorite in the Classics and I think I will get rid of those figures. Club Grayskull is similar to Club Filmation and on top of that it has different style that IMO doesn't match the Classics that I collected since the beginning. The Filmation is also starting to leak into the Classics/Collectors Choice (Hawke) which I do not like as there is separate Club Grayskull line for this style. The more Filmation figures will be in Collectors CHoice the less I will be buying it.

2. Are you waiting for 2017 (Super7 wave 1) to ship before forking over more dough?
    No. I like and trust Super 7 and I am sure they will deliver.

3. Are you waiting to see how the quality control goes?
    No. I like and trust Super 7 and I am sure they will fix it.

4. Has everything just gotten too expensive?
    So far it is still within my budget.

5. Are you simply burned out?
    No. I just prefer Classics/Collector Choice/Ultimates. Especially New Adventures at this point as it is not covered. And if there isn't any more characters then do vehicles and beasts - even NA and 200X. I am highly interested in these.
    Last edited by Sabretooth; October 30, 2017 at 06:00pm.

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    Obviously I love this idea. I wish Super7 would offer older figures. I wanted more Ultimates and other A-list characters to be made so as to keep refreshing the customer base (and keeping these great figures around).

I doubt they will do anything like this though.
    I doubt it'll happen, too. It'd probably be a bit of a pain to manage from an accounting and customer service standpoint. They're still a pretty small company at this point, too. I don't know if they would ever be interested in this. They'd kill the aftermarket, but they'd make more money.

I got into MOTUC in April, and I intend to collect the majority of the ridiculously expensive line. I really hope they re-issue a Shadow Weaver and Trap Jaw, among others.

To answer the original questions:

1. I would really like to see a clear distinction between CC and CG. I am really disappointed in the Hawke figure that has been shown for wave 1. I have been have been patiently waiting for years, for a Hawke/Delora figure to stand along Stratos. I don't feel that the figure we have been shown will fit and I doubt we will ever see another one. I am really happy that they are making updates to Dylamug and Granita. I just fear that we could end up with the same issues in the future.

2. Waiting would not normally be an issue for me but it would be nice to see the quality of the wave 1 figures, before putting money down for a wave 2.

3. See my answer to question 2.

4. I don't find it too expensive but it is a lot of money to dish out all at once. If we have to wait 6 months for the figures, why can't the payments be spread out over the same amount of time, with the final payment happening when the figures ship?

5. I love everything MOTU and am always excited for new figures.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Widget
    So far I've ordered most things from Super7. I live in Australia, so when Matty would put their figures up they were all sold out before I woke up. Then I was forced to try and find after market figures. I still can't afford to buy a classics Ram Man or Fisto who are both two of my all time favourites. Thanks to Super7, I now have an Ultimate Ram Man and since i'm a mini comics guy, I'm over the moon on this figure.

Additionally, the USD compared to AUD and then add international shipping and I can guarantee I'm paying almost double what some of you are. I love Masters, and I'm going to support this line the best I can as the character selections so far have been great.

Somethings I can't afford though like the SDCC three packs. My whole life I've wanted a mini-comics Trapjaw. But because he was thrown into a three pack, add on the ticket price, USD conversion and international shipping, I was looking at over $100 a figure.

So in summary, I'm not burnt out, more the opposite as the way these are sold are much easier for me to access. and I can't wait to get these into my hands and then hear what the next wave of characters will be.

Here is a full summary of the video, for those who didn't watch and didn't see the thread that's not in the MOTUC subforum.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ynn-of-Super-7

First 48 minutes:

1. There is a ton of news about the vintage line. Basically, there are efforts to take it to retail. That will delay it by almost a year (fall 2018). He talks a lot about his excitement for it and he hints, quite strongly, that it's a big focus for them because they think it's the only way to bring new customers into MOTU collecting.

2. He talks a lot about design issues for the figures. There's a ton of detail here, but a lot of it isn't all that new or informative (at least in my opinion). I expected his interviewers to follow up on a few things he says, but they do not, leaving some odd hanging points in the air about the PowerCon figures in particular. The gist of it, though, is that they are working very hard to make sure everything is as high quality as possible. He does imply, though, that the PowerCon stuff was the product of deliberate design choices (they wanted the heads to be impossible to remove? I didn't quite understand what he meant in this long discussion). It's an odd part of the interview.

3. They intend for the MOTUC waves to be once a quarter, alternating between CC and CG, for a total of 16 figures a year. So they would like to do 4 CC figures in the spring, 4 CG in the summer, etc. I didn't realize this was their goal.

4. Wave 1 might ship around November 28. Europe will get them first because of airmail. They are done with changes, although they haven't seen Lodar's final armband yet.

5. It's too early to reprint a CG He-Man and CG Skeletor. Others will have to give their opinion, but he seems to imply that MIGHT happen after the vintage figures are released.

Minute 48 on:

1. From minute 47 to about 50, they talk a lot about the fact that Universal owns MOTU and grants Mattel rights to make toys. Honestly, this really lead nowhere and is only of interest to IP attorneys.

2. Minute 51 to 54 he discusses the fact that they have not had discussions on '87 movie figures, but there is a small opening for them. (Modulok talks a lot during this part for some reason.)

3. Minute 55 begins a discussion of Ultimates. He discusses Fisto and he isn't enthusiastic. He won't make them just to save people money. He talks about Shadow Weaver. Again, don't hold your breath. Brian contradicts himself a little in this. On the one hand, he says the Ultimates were supposed to reintroduce people to collecting. On the other hand, he says they won't do figures unless they can do them differently. Weird. I left thinking no more Ultimates, at least not in the near future.

4. He clarifies that the packaging for CC and CG won't change. Modulok talks a lot during this part.

5. Minute 59 is the wave 2 preorder discussion. There will be an email saying the preorder window will stay open until shipping of Wave 1.

He is very clear that the preorder numbers are not great. They are worse than Wave 1.

He believes that the figures as shown at PowerCon would have been fine for the "vast majority of people." However, he wants them perfect. He does criticize people who critique paint apps.

6. Minute 105 begins a long speech by Modulok about how awesome Super7 is.

7. Minute 112 begins a final discussion of the four wave plan. The next wave might be shown by March. Here at this point he says three figures per wave, although I think he misspoke. He also talks about hiring a full time customer service rep.
    Last edited by jscott991; October 30, 2017 at 06:59pm.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    He also talks about hiring a full time customer service rep.
    Can I work out of state? Sign me up!

Resellers probably aren't jumping in on this pre-order too as they might be waiting on selling wave 1 before they can commit to buying wave 2. Folks might have great disdain for resellers but I believe they do significantly contribute to overall sales.

I do sell a few extras on eBay myself and while I can afford to pre-order wave 2 given I only buy 1-2 extras of certain figures to sell, a reseller who sells multiples of all 8 figures might not be able to do the same having so much money tied up in wave 1 still.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I just don’t want to pay for 8 figures at once. It’s too much. 4 is acceptable. Same thing with powercon, 2 3 packs was a lot to digest at once. I know they are still figuring it out, but I will only be ordering cc as long as the waves are offered at the same time. I will go back and get the cg I missed with my social security checks in 40 years.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

Yeah, I ended up ordering one of each set. But these are absolutely not worth the roughly $50 each which they currently cost.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Clearly they don't give a damn about saving people money. It is absolutely foolish of them to not offer the most expensive aftermarket figures though.
    Basic He-Man and Skeletor on the Ultimates packaging should be the most common figures they make. They should make these two by the boat load. Anyone just getting into it will want the main two guys. If they can't get He-Man and Skeletor at a reasonable price, most potential new collectors won't even bother.

Very disappointed to hear that about the Ultimates and previously released figures.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Can I work out of state? Sign me up!
    Ditto!
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Snake Mountain stands, Wind Raider, and the Griffen

Classics have always been out of reach for me. Way too much spending. If I collected the line, I wouldn't be able to collect from other properties.

That's not an acceptable outcome. I would like to see them get 3-5 POA figures at retail. Hasbro does this with Star Wars and you can find them at places like Dollar General and Walgreens. It would be nice to get my nephews some He-man figures for holiday gifts, but nothing from this property is affordable other than the Megablok figures. I don't count those little retro figures that Super7 is making because I hate those.
    Click here to check out my other drawings!

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    With the time extension and quality check that comes with it, I'll likely be preordering a set eventually. I'm not following the Filmation stuff, as it's just to many figures to have around, but Dylamug is insanely dope, and the rest of the Collector's Choice are very solid figures.

I buy too much other stuff currently, and MOTUC is just getting left behind in the hype. I get the muscle and reaction figs, as well as MTG cards, all kinds of games released toward the end of the year, legos for me and my daughter (Voltron coming out soon!), and other toy lines. There's a lot going on, and it's hard to keep the excitement up about more MOTU figures specifically. Half my room is these guys already.

I think Super7 is doing good things. They aren't blowing me away with MOTUC, and even the Collector's Choice stuff feels a little overly Filmation, save Karg of course. Not a bad thing, I def <3 Filmation, I'm just trying to narrow down and curate my collection more these days, and those PCS statues have me covered on that front. This is a great line-up, and it will be hard for them to top. I'm going to make an effort to get there preordered before the year is up, but an early January order would be best for me.

I have (and always shall be) a cherry picker. I collect other toy lines (Star Wars and Transformers to name but two) and would never contemplate ordering a complete boxed wave from BBTS or entertainmentearth because, more often than not, there are one or two items in a wave I like and the others I can happily leave on the shelf.

My same buying pattern applies to MOTUC. I love the line, I have a whole 4 shelves devoted to it! But I don't think I'll ever want every figure in a wave. It's just unlikely that my taste will mesh exactly with what Super7 have decided to put out that quarter.

As a cherry picker, I still don't understand why, if all you guys that are happy to preorder entire waves make it happen, why there can't the option to buy single figures after the manufacturing green light has been given? Is it because there would be concern that no one would then preorder the entire wave and everyone would wait to cherry pick? If that's the case then doesn't it show that Super7's preorder model isn't meeting the needs of its MOTUC customers by forcing them to buy entire waves?

I have preordered NOTHING and will preorder NOTHING. However, if I could cherry pick and spend under $50 a figure I would (note that I am in Canada so am factoring in shipping too).

What would I have preordered? Most likely up to now it would have been duplicates of Quakke, CG Hordak, CG Man-E-Faces, and Dylamug.

So that's 8 figures that Super7 can't add to their preorder list. I wonder how many other preorders haven't been placed that might otherwise have been?

Cost is definitely a factor (I'm not paying $70CDN for one figure through BBTS or the great guy on here that is offering individual figures) and likewise I don't want to be stuck offloading 2 or 3 figures per wave because I don't want them.

So that's basically why I have yet to give Super7 any of my money (oh and my first figure was He-Man in 2008 or 2009, so I think you can see I am loyal to the brand, just not this method of business).

Maybe they should allow individual ordering but make the minimum amount you can order by this method set at 4 figures? Surely selling 4x Sorceress is just as lucrative as selling the full wave of 4? Unless the factory does require x amount of each character for it to go into production and they are worried someone like Man-E-Faces won't make the numbers?
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Maybe they should allow individual ordering but make the minimum amount you can order by this method set at 4 figures? Surely selling 4x Sorceress is just as lucrative as selling the full wave of 4? Unless the factory does require x amount of each character for it to go into production and they are worried someone like Man-E-Faces won't make the numbers?
    This issue has always confused me, so I won't say a lot. I would definitely love to see them look at a different way of ordering these figures. The full set model is probably costing them customers (whether it's costing them money is something I can't speculate on) and whatever flexibility they can work into the system would be great. If we could order individual figures, I would definitely buy from Super7. But I won't buy full sets that include figures I don't want.
    Last edited by jscott991; October 31, 2017 at 02:19pm.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko