Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 307

Thread: Are you NOT Pre-Ordering MOTUC Wave 2? Why not???

  1. #151
    Heroic Warrior enoch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    973
    I'm great with cc line. But I'm not spending 40.00 to get remakes of what I already own.

  2. #152
    Heroic Warrior He-Kal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,830
    A few things are causing me to skip (for now). The price...Even if I do the payment plan, its over $100 a month to buy both lines and I have ALOT of other things I'm interested in atm. Not having the 1st wave yet hurts too. If I get that in hand and it blows me away I may rethink my stance. But, as it stands for now, I'm cherry picking Motu from now on (and I was a subber from day one until Mattel dropped the line )

  3. #153
    Heroic Warrior Greenskull's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlantic Canada
    Posts
    1,046
    I have finally made my decision not to buy Wave 2. I have supported MOTUC from the start and have at least 2 of every figure. I was very excited when S7 took over the line and was thrilled that we would finally be getting those obscure figures that I always wanted. I have stuck through all the variants to get to this point. However, I do not like the turn the line has taken. Hawke and Hunga have been my top wants for years but I am not interested in getting CG versions of these characters. Hawke is a huge disappointment and Dylamug and Granita are no better. I am afraid that Hunga will turn out the same. The only power I have is with how I spend my money. I will not support the way the line is going. I really love the way Wrap Trap and Karg has turned out, so I will try to pick those up on the secondary market. If things change in the future, I will reconsider. I really hope Hunga ends up better than the other more recent Filmation figures. I am happy for those fans that like the new direction and are getting the figures they want. The new direction is just not what I am interested in.
    Last edited by Greenskull; December 16, 2017 at 09:14am.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

  4. #154
    Heroic Hero Grayskull's Heir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Castle Grayskull
    Posts
    3,388
    At this point I don’t think I‘ll order CG. I think I might sell my Filmation collection and just focus on CC, which I still consider the main line. I can’t justify spending that much money on variants. I just hope that CC won’t take a turn for the worse now that we have these rather questionable poll results.
    Awesome sticker included!

  5. #155
    Heroic Warrior aey103's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lowell, MA
    Posts
    221
    I have Wave 2 CC pre-ordered via BBTS and even though it is a few dollars more from BBTS, I can't justify giving Super 7 my money again ahead of time when they have yet to deliver Wave 1. Super 7 has my money for seven months now and I really doubt I will see these before April, which will be just short of a full year from when I placed my original order.

  6. #156
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    764
    I didn't know the pre-order was even up, I'm so behind with MOTU stuff of late, does anyone know if the pre-order's going to stay up until after Christmas?

    EDIT: I bloody hope so because apparently my account and e-mail don't exist according to Super7's site, despite me waiting for my Collector's Choice Wave 1 (and having paid for it) and having received an e-mail from them on Monday. I've contacted them.
    Last edited by dwitefry; December 20, 2017 at 09:26am.

  7. #157
    Ravage ThunderCat blackiecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    8,196
    Quote Originally Posted by dwitefry View Post
    I didn't know the pre-order was even up, I'm so behind with MOTU stuff of late, does anyone know if the pre-order's going to stay up until after Christmas?

    EDIT: I bloody hope so because apparently my account and e-mail don't exist according to Super7's site, despite me waiting for my Collector's Choice Wave 1 (and having paid for it) and having received an e-mail from them on Monday. I've contacted them.
    I don't think you can log in and use your existing account as I think I remember it being mentioned you have to input all your details again for this pre-order? Just put all the same details in as your existing account when ordering and it should be automatically added to your existing account.

    I pre-ordered Club Grayskull Wave 1, but I entered all my details such as email, address etc.. again when ordering CC and CG wave 2.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

    Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

  8. #158
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I don't think you can log in and use your existing account as I think I remember it being mentioned you have to input all your details again for this pre-order? Just put all the same details in as your existing account when ordering and it should be automatically added to your existing account.

    I pre-ordered Club Grayskull Wave 1, but I entered all my details such as email, address etc.. again when ordering CC and CG wave 2.
    They sorted it out for me (It was the quickest thing Super7 has ever done!) and what i did sounds a lot like what you've just said so I think you may be remembering correctly. So i now have Collector's Choice Wave 2 pre-ordered, i'm still toying with getting Filmation wave 2 - I want the Sorceress and Tung Lashor but the others i'm meh on, i dunno if i want any of 'em enough to have to pay out 80 quid a month rather than 40...

  9. #159
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    219
    Honestly I've just lost all interest in these figures. The magic has worn off, the spell dissipated. Any urgency I felt before to acquire them is gone. If MOTU figures such as the proposed Super7 5.5" figures ever see wide retail release, I'll gladly pick them up. I want to participate in a line that can be bought and shared by kids and people in general, a line of true toys. No more of these adult collectibles for me.

  10. #160
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,582
    Quote Originally Posted by dwitefry View Post
    I bloody hope so because apparently my account and e-mail don't exist according to Super7's site, despite me waiting for my Collector's Choice Wave 1 (and having paid for it) and having received an e-mail from them on Monday. I've contacted them.
    I had that account problem too. So I created a new account and found it melded into my old one. Not sure how it happened, but at least the order went through.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

  11. #161
    Widget Falcama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL.
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I was really stunned to see people here and on Facebook saying they're skipping Wave 2 of Classics featuring Karg, Granita, Dylamug, Wrap Trap, Filmation Sorceress, Mer-Man, Man-E-Faces, and Tung Lashor. I'm especially shocked to see this regarding Collector's Choice which features majorly demanded characters like Karg, Granita, and Dylamug. I pre-ordered these on Day 1 and was way more excited about the lineup than I was about Wave 1 (which was also awesome).

    My first reaction when I saw people saying they were skipping was, "Are you ******* crazy?!" Just kidding.

    After reading some of the comments, I've seen people saying things like, "not interested in all of the characters," "still haven't gotten wave 1," "too expensive."

    I'm just surprised because the Collector's Choice wave LITERALLY features three of the the top five characters selected by fans - (Karg, Granita, and Dylamug, respectively). People were exclaiming that these were the best reveals in years when they were first shown at SDCC.

    With Club Grayskull, we're looking at major players like Sorceress (with so many accessories) and Filmation Mer-Man, which is a version a lot of fans have wanted for many years.

    I'd just personally be really crushed to see Classics end before it hits the 10 year anniversary due to people opting out, especially with a Wave as important/cool as this upcoming one. In a way, it's pretty similar to the Subs in terms of folks having to buy into the Wave to keep the line going.

    So I have a few questions for everyone who is currently not buying 2018 Wave 1 (Super7 wave 2), to hopefully learn more of what everyone wants, is thinking, etc.

    1. What would you need in order to convince you to buy in the current Collector's Choice and/or Club Grayskull pre-order?

    2. Are you waiting for 2017 (Super7 wave 1) to ship before forking over more dough?

    3. Are you waiting to see how the quality control goes?

    4. Has everything just gotten too expensive?

    5. Are you simply burned out?

    Thanks everyone!
    My decision was solely based on wanting to collect all the Filmation characters that I saw in the original cartoon of my beloved childhood.

    I Pre-ordered at Super 7
    Filmation Sorceress, Mer-Man, Man-E-Faces, and Tung Lashor.

    I may get in the future Dylamug since he was in the She-Ra cartoon but I'm not buying it now with the other group of figures...

    I would by a case of MOTU 87 figures that are relevant like the main characters...

  12. #162
    Bring on MYP Sorceress! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I was really stunned to see people here and on Facebook saying they're skipping Wave 2 of Classics featuring Karg, Granita, Dylamug, Wrap Trap, Filmation Sorceress, Mer-Man, Man-E-Faces, and Tung Lashor. I'm especially shocked to see this regarding Collector's Choice which features majorly demanded characters like Karg, Granita, and Dylamug. I pre-ordered these on Day 1 and was way more excited about the lineup than I was about Wave 1 (which was also awesome).
    I didn't pre-order anything because aside from Fangor, it seems like MYP got the short stick. I grew up with Filmation and I DO think that Filmation Sorceress 2.0 needed to be released but the MYP Sorceress was at the top of most MYP fans wish list prior to Mattel throwing in the towel. I'm happy with Classics Veena BUT I would have preferred the MYP Sorceress.

    IF Super7 ever gets around to A-List variants of MYP, they should release the Sorceress first along with that King Randor we were supposed to get until Filmation Randor took its place.

    I will be paying the markup to get Fangor, Hawke, and Sorceress since I have NO interest in any of the other upcoming figures. I am skipping any other Filmation variants because I do not like the simplified aesthetic. As for Ultimates, I will probably purchase characters that need improving like the brittle Goddess, Roboto and BLASTIC Mekaneck but I do wish they would have included the hinged wrist for all of the Ultimate figures.
    MYP Sorceress is a MUST HAVE figure for MOTUC!

  13. #163
    Heroic Warrior T-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    N.W. Indiana
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    I didn't pre-order anything because aside from Fangor, it seems like MYP got the short stick. I grew up with Filmation and I DO think that Filmation Sorceress 2.0 needed to be released but the MYP Sorceress was at the top of most MYP fans wish list prior to Mattel throwing in the towel. I'm happy with Classics Veena BUT I would have preferred the MYP Sorceress.

    IF Super7 ever gets around to A-List variants of MYP, they should release the Sorceress first along with that King Randor we were supposed to get until Filmation Randor took its place.

    I will be paying the markup to get Fangor, Hawke, and Sorceress since I have NO interest in any of the other upcoming figures. I am skipping any other Filmation variants because I do not like the simplified aesthetic. As for Ultimates, I will probably purchase characters that need improving like the brittle Goddess, Roboto and BLASTIC Mekaneck but I do wish they would have included the hinged wrist for all of the Ultimate figures.
    Yes! This! We need a whole MYP wave to catch us up.
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

  14. #164
    Royal Guard Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,650
    Well, my last payment for Wave 2 of CG went in on December 15th and I'm breathing a sigh of relief. Now I have everything paid for with both CC and CG and I couldn't be happier. I know some have been put off from buying further figures due to cost or character selection or QC issues. The list could go on. But for me, I love MOTUC and I hope and pray it keeps going for many years to come. True, my wallet cries in agony each time a new wave comes out but I guess I'm too much of a completionist to give up. Long live MOTUC!!
    I have finally returned from Despondos.


    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

  15. #165
    TWIGGET ENTHUSIAST! Swifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cromwell, CT USA
    Posts
    2,396
    Sadly, I'm at the point now where I am considering stopping with this line. I have been a completionist for years now, getting two of everything to have MOC and loose. The fact is though that there are some things starting to come out that I am not as enthusiastic about, and I'm beginning to feel that the majority of my remaining most wanted will never come to be. The current polls have only reinforced this. If prices were what they were in 2008 then I'd probably just keep plugging along, but it's a lot harder to justify paying these increased prices whilst my excitement is simultaneously waning. I would have never though a year ago that there would be any MOTUC items I would not acquire, but that kit bash Power-Con 3-pack this year became that item, and now that I've broken that completionist continuity it's making it a lot easier to potentially not continue, or to at least skip numerous figures or entire waves altogether. I'm sure not getting new MOTUC for so long, plus having to miss Power-Con this year, has contributed to this overall lack of connection and excitement that used to be there, so maybe once I get that first wave from Super 7 in hand it will re-ignite my passion for Classics.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN Ö INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2018!!!

    Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

  16. #166
    Heroic Warrior Count Judas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Underworld, Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,091
    I'm still going to preorder one of each wave plus an extra Sorceress and Dylamug, but not quite yet. I'm glad the order period has been extended as it will give me that chance to preorder without any worries.
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2018: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man

  17. #167
    Widget
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    9
    I didn't pre-order for 2 major reasons:

    1. I already have a ton of figures. I don't collect. My figures aren't in their packages. They are on shelves. I take them down and my daughter and I play with them. Granted, it's not abusive play like I played with my figures as a child but everytime my daughter tells me to put He-Man on the tv she will also tell me which figures to get down to play with. At this point I'm only buying figures I really want. I'm not going to waste room with figures I don't really care about.

    2. Price. If having so many figures already wasn't enough reason to only buy the figures I really want, the price of figures surely is. There are 4 figures I will be purchasing spread out among both lines. It just so happens that I want 2 from each subscription this go round so there's no reason to buy either as I would be buying 2 figures I don't want if I pre-order either one. If I wanted 3 figures from one, perhaps I buy it and throw the one I don't want on Ebay or something.


    This line has been going for so many years, there are so many figures, that Super 7 may want to adjust their process in the future for people like me. There are still a ton of people who will pre-order all 8 figures to have the complete set but they would sell even more figures if they also allowed us to pre-order the figures we want without buying them all. If they wanted they could put a pre-order minimum number of figures at 4 or whatever and still sell the same number of figures. Not all figures will be equally popular. After all these years many of us have limited shelf space and limited funds making us choose some figures over others. Right now Super 7 is refusing to take my money because I don't want to pre-order either set of 4 figures but there are 4 figures I want to pre-order, they're just split between the two sets. If someone wants to pre-order 4 Mer-Man figures Super 7 should let them. Don't turn my money away because I don't want Wraptrap and Filmation Tung Lashor. Plenty of people will buy them to collect every figure in the line. Super 7 will sell so many more figures of the more popular characters to more than make up the sales it loses from the weaker characters if it stops forcing people to buy them. Leave a minimum pre-order at 4 figures or whatever and there you go, sales are assured.

  18. #168
    Court Magician TAAO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Dead View Post
    I didn't pre-order for 2 major reasons:

    1. I already have a ton of figures. I don't collect. My figures aren't in their packages. They are on shelves. I take them down and my daughter and I play with them. Granted, it's not abusive play like I played with my figures as a child but everytime my daughter tells me to put He-Man on the tv she will also tell me which figures to get down to play with. At this point I'm only buying figures I really want. I'm not going to waste room with figures I don't really care about.

    2. Price. If having so many figures already wasn't enough reason to only buy the figures I really want, the price of figures surely is. There are 4 figures I will be purchasing spread out among both lines. It just so happens that I want 2 from each subscription this go round so there's no reason to buy either as I would be buying 2 figures I don't want if I pre-order either one. If I wanted 3 figures from one, perhaps I buy it and throw the one I don't want on Ebay or something.


    This line has been going for so many years, there are so many figures, that Super 7 may want to adjust their process in the future for people like me. There are still a ton of people who will pre-order all 8 figures to have the complete set but they would sell even more figures if they also allowed us to pre-order the figures we want without buying them all. If they wanted they could put a pre-order minimum number of figures at 4 or whatever and still sell the same number of figures. Not all figures will be equally popular. After all these years many of us have limited shelf space and limited funds making us choose some figures over others. Right now Super 7 is refusing to take my money because I don't want to pre-order either set of 4 figures but there are 4 figures I want to pre-order, they're just split between the two sets. If someone wants to pre-order 4 Mer-Man figures Super 7 should let them. Don't turn my money away because I don't want Wraptrap and Filmation Tung Lashor. Plenty of people will buy them to collect every figure in the line. Super 7 will sell so many more figures of the more popular characters to more than make up the sales it loses from the weaker characters if it stops forcing people to buy them. Leave a minimum pre-order at 4 figures or whatever and there you go, sales are assured.
    This is so true. Even with a minimum order of 4, my kids and I would still wind up ordering more. It's just that now, with what we have, the price increase and the long lag time between shipments, it's harder than ever to pull the trigger on a bunch of figures we don't want. And that's not even mentioning the quality control that we really have yet to see.
    And before anyone "reminds" me of Matty's practices.... It was personally a little easier to justify getting figures we didn't necessarily want when it was roughly $35 a month but something new was constantly coming, rather than a couple hundred $ at once with a wait time that could cover a conception to a birth.
    Please don't get me wrong, I do wish Super 7 all the best. It's just that after 10yrs, my "need" to collect the line is gone. My "want" to collect isn't, but, as I'm sure others feel, my "wants" wane when I can't get what I want when I want it. I don't mean to sound crass, but as others have stated, when some of us want to spend money with a company and they don't want our money, we stop offering it after a while.
    Sorry. Did not mean to come off as a rant or derogatory in any way. I just hope Super 7 rethinks their business model going forward.

  19. #169
    Spoony Bard davidlogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    5,158
    I have pre-ordered and will pre-order all of Collector's Choice every time. However, there are very few Filmation variants I want, so ordering all of the Filmation line isn't going to happen. However, if pre-ordering Collector's Choice allowed me to cherry pick from the Filmation variant line, I would buy a few of them.

    Maybe once a person orders one 4 figure sub, they could be allowed to cherry pick from the other?

    Maybe it isn't possible, because lesser tooling figures are positioned to pay for higher tooling figures and all that, but it's just a thought that could potentially drive up sales. Who knows?
    "..."

  20. #170
    Heroic Warrior Vasculio294's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    135
    Wave 2 collector's choice for me!
    I have no interest in the filmation figures... even though they look AMAZING!! However... i might have to stop after wave 2. My shelf is overloaded with old and new characters. Sadly i have WAAAY more villians on my shelf then good guys.
    I'm still missing some serious OG's... like Man at Arms, Sorceress, Fisto, Zodac, TrapJaw, Merman, Tri-Klops and MANY more. This is why Super7 need's to continue the Ultimates. My passion isn't in it for the left out characters of the series. Even though Karg is a must!! I still would like to see the White Ninja at some point.

  21. #171
    Heroic Warrior Spikor1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by TAAO View Post
    Please don't get me wrong, I do wish Super 7 all the best. It's just that after 10yrs, my "need" to collect the line is gone. My "want" to collect isn't,.
    nailed. every point for me
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

  22. #172
    Heroic Warrior gman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    77
    Its just too expensive for European buyers Iím afraid, with shipping and import taxes.

    Iíd be sad for sure if the line doesnít continue, but itís too much of a financial commitment. Plus Iím an addict, like everyone else on here. So I need to be getting my toys shortly after paying for them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #173
    Widget Rockstar Galactica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Stoke on Trent, United Kingdom
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    Its just too expensive for European buyers I’m afraid, with shipping and import taxes.
    ^^^ This exactly sums up my thoughts too gman and explains why I haven't ordered the cc wave. Instead I shall bide my time and attempt to pick them up slowly on the secondary market.
    Super 7 please kickstart Snake Mountain

  24. #174
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    4,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Are you NOT Pre-Ordering MOTUC Wave 2? Why not???
    I'm not NOT pre-ordering, per se... but I have cut all of my BBTS orders down to one of each character (minus Fang-Or) except for Quakke, of whom I'll still get three.

    Seeing the latest pictures from Super7 has really taken the wind out of my sails. At the prices they're charging, and the extra time they've taken, these things should not look so..... cheap.
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

  25. #175
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris, Inner Earth
    Posts
    1,947
    It was personally a little easier to justify getting figures we didn't necessarily want when it was roughly $35 a month but something new was constantly coming, rather than a couple hundred $ at once with a wait time that could cover a conception to a birth.

    Very, very well said. It's a world of difference.

    I'm the same....I have no ill will towards S7, but I have been a Cherry Picker from day one. I have been a HE-MAN fan since before the Filmation cartoon, but these figures are pricey. Sure, I want to see the line continue, but it would be insane to buy figures I don't want just to support it. That would be like trying to buy an expensive sports car just to help the manufacturer out.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; January 19, 2018 at 07:23pm.
    Odd Man Out

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •