Thread: Horde Trooper Cosplay Build

Horde Trooper Cosplay Build

I'm going to a local comic & sci-fi exhibition this Saturday and I have decided to do my first cosplay, as a Horde Trooper!

Now, as I am flat broke (literally), I have decided to do this on the cheap, ie for less than £15, and that's mainly for the trooper blaster and paint, the rest of it I am doing out of cardboard and paper mache... not the most glamorous of materials, but it will suffice. I have the armlets nearly done, just need to let them dry so I can put on another layer of newspaper, before I cover them in plain white paper and then paint them, also, one of the lower legs I have managed to get cut to shape and will be layering them with the same as the armlets, will do the rest of the legs tomorrow and hopefully the helmet. Though for now, here is the bottom leg and armlets:

Last edited by Zentron; November 22, 2017 at 10:46pm.

Court Magician
    Awesome project! Which version of the Trooper will you be going for: Filmation, Comics, or Figures?

Oh yeah, my bad, I completely forgot to state that! I will be going as the Filmation version.

Court Magician
    very sweet

Sadly I'm not going to be done in time, I should have started this on Sunday, Monday at the very latest Oh well, there's always the next comi-con, at least it will be ready by then.... technically it will be finished by tomorrow if I start back on it tonight

any updates? Would love to see a real costume of this character!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Since I missed the deadline for having my cosplay build completed, I kinda left it lying around, occasionally tinkering with it, but nothing meaningful... until now! I have two of the boot area parts nearly complete, but there's still a bit to go on them, however I have just finished covering the two gauntlets with white paper. I did originally cover them with paper mache, but unfortunately my glue and water mix wasn't right, so much of the newspaper came away and I decided frell it, and removed the newspaper completely and just pasted them with white paper, this time, smearing the glue onto the surface of the cardboard and putting the white paper down, so everything is now all white:

OK, so the lower leg guards are not completely done yet, I still have to put on a neater outer layer of paper, along with lining the insides, but I thought I would post them so you know I am at least getting there:

Heroic Warrior
    Looking forward to the finished product.

As do I, I only have 750ml of glue left, not sure how much that's going to cover of the rest of the suit! Anyway, I'll be stopping that for the moment and will get on with building the stun staff, I have the pipe, tube and ping-pong balls ready and waiting

Doing a Horde Trooper never occurred to me, and a few of my friends are in the 501st. Time to get started and totally crash their next charity event.
    Beware of Sham Wow imitators.