Thread: Panthor re-release support thread

Panthor re-release support thread

Panthor would sell. Who's with me?
    Last edited by Ultramega; December 2, 2017 at 06:38pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I think it would be great for folks who missed out on him during the MC days. I could see an ultimate beast(though I don't want to use the words sub or pre order) in the future.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    sure as long as he's flocked
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Super7 Does not have any access at all to any of the mattel molds, it's been said over and over by Super7 so I wouldn't hold your breath as they would have to completely retool Panthor and they are already having issues with stridor so I would forget this for now.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Super7 Does not have any access at all to any of the mattel molds, it's been said over and over by Super7 so I wouldn't hold your breath as they would have to completely retool Panthor and they are already having issues with stridor so I would forget this for now.
    A re-tooled Panthor with Flocking in mind for the articulation would be an AMAZING exclusive some day. Obviously it would be a premium item.

I completely agree. How many times does it have to be said.
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro,Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna,Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Twiggets, Drissi, Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast,Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast,Kay-La, Red Shadow,Gladiator, Bandwidth, Negator, SawTooth, Skeleteen, Tataran, Lt. Andra, Bug Eye, and MissleToe.

Heroic Warrior
    seems they're going with brand new Classics and Filmation figures only going foward as they are molds they are making and have control over. Repeated "no's" about more Ultimate releases dont look good for rerelease of past figures

Quote Originally Posted by Bjjer View Post
    seems they're going with brand new Classics and Filmation figures only going foward as they are molds they are making and have control over. Repeated "no's" about more Ultimate releases dont look good for rerelease of past figures
    Super7 isn’t just going to reissue hard to get MOTUC figures in ultimates just because they are expensive on the secondary market they said this in the last round of the Q & A Super7 said to qualify as an ultimate the figure needs multiple heads & accessories they are not just going to reissue Fisto or Shadow Weaver.

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

I think since they don’t have the molds, we would have a better chance at a new Cringer.
    Don't turn nothing down but your collar.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Would be ok for a Filmation panthor and battle cat though and imo the only way to have a chance to get them in Classics again.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultramega View Post
    Panthor would sell.
    I'm not sure there's any great evidence to support that statement. When Panthor was released there was discussion about a flocked version, but I recall that proposal receiving a lukewarm response. And, as has been mentioned already, reissues aren't the direction Super7 is going in (understandably), so it's a moot point.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

I wouldn’t be against it in the interest of those without, but as far as purple cats go, I need Catra’s panther form STAT.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

If Panthor is flocked and packaged with Skeletor just like the vintage 2-pack I'd buy it!

Last edited by AdultCollector; December 7, 2017 at 12:40am.

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    When exactly was that stated?

When they were making the ultimate figures it was said that some of the molds were either lost or in poor condition and couldn't be used. So some parts had to be tooled again. If I recall correctly, Skeletor's Havoc Staff was one of those parts.

I don't recall it ever being stated that they had no access at all what-so-ever to any of the Mattel molds.

In the name of the Lloyd!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    When exactly was that stated?

When they were making the ultimate figures it was said that some of the molds were either lost or in poor condition and couldn't be used. So some parts had to be tooled again. If I recall correctly, Skeletor's Havoc Staff was one of those parts.

I don't recall it ever being stated that they had no access at all what-so-ever to any of the Mattel molds.
    Brian Flynn has stated it that Super7 no longer has access to the Mattel molds and Val has backed up brians statement. This all took place after super7 left the Mattel Factory and started making the figures at their own Factory. That's why Brian Flynn has stated they are not reissuing Filmation He-Man or skeletor

Super7 even stated they don't Have access to the Mattel tooling in the latest Q & A

5. nickdoobs: Are any new Ultimate figures planned?

Not at this time. The biggest issue is not having access to the Mattel tools and also being able to take a character and make a figure that just has so much more to offer than it has in the past. When we talk about Ultimates, it is definitely about making the most grand presentation of that figure, and not just to re-release it because it is expensive on the secondary market. There has to be a reason for it to be an Ultimate. Right now, we are focused on making new characters. That's not to say new Ultimates will never happen, but it's not in the plans right now. Sorry!
    Last edited by mjw41; December 6, 2017 at 10:56pm.

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Interesting. I must have missed that. Thanks for clarifying. It stinks that they couldn't take the molds with them to the new factory.

In the name of the Lloyd!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Interesting. I must have missed that. Thanks for clarifying. It stinks that they couldn't take the molds with them to the new factory.
    You can’t take steel molds from one factory to another. The molds were tooled at the Mattel factory and belong to them. If super7 wants access to them they have to have the Mattel factor make the figures.

Super 7 over time can build up a tooling bank of parts for the male buck just as Mattel had to do in the beginning. It just takes time and with super7 concentrating on new figures this means all brand new tooled characters for us.

Not only that, even at the Mattel factory they'd already begun to trash the molds. That's what held up the Ultimates…parts of the figures were missing.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    You can’t take steel molds from one factory to another. The molds were tooled at the Mattel factory and belong to them. If super7 wants access to them they have to have the Mattel factor make the figures.

Super 7 over time can build up a tooling bank of parts for the male buck just as Mattel had to do in the beginning. It just takes time and with super7 concentrating on new figures this means all brand new tooled characters for us.
    The tooling is actually owned by the company that make it, and in fact is often transported between factories. That said, it's a logistical nightmare to do so and a lot of times factories won't let companies take their tools even when that company owns them.

The whole way toys are made and business is done in these factories is much different than people would expect. It's very culturally different and business is done much differently.

In this case, I imagine Mattel is having the tools stored in the factory they use for many of their products, so Super 7 only had the ability to use them if they were in that same factory. After finding so many molds broken down or missing during the Ultimates, it probably made more sense financially to start over at the factory they normally use.

But back to Panthor, I would LOVE a flocked one, but it is unlikely at this point. As mentioned he would have to be re-tooled, and the demand for a second Panthor is likely not high enough to justify the cost.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if we got Battle Cat and Panthor done in the Filmation style for Club Grayskull though. And that might open up the possibility for a flocked variant.

Heroic Warrior
    I can see Filmation Panthor along with Battle Cat. I wouldnt be surprised if S7 makes Filmation its main line and redoes all classics in filmation style

Heroic Warrior
    Agreed. I also think Brian Flynn personally is more in love with that type of product. There's definitely a lot of ground that can be covered there, whereas classics has already done almost everything.