Page 1 of 74 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 MOTUC 2017 figures NOW SHIPPING

Super7 MOTUC 2017 figures NOW SHIPPING

Update February 1, 2018:

Check out the cardbacks from all the soon-to-arrive MOTUC 2017 figures (Super7 Wave 1)!
    Click here to visit Lulu-Berlu to see more photos in their MOTUC toy sections.

And be sure to pre-order 2018 Wave 1 (Super7 Wave 2) while you still have time!

Lulu-Berlu has received their air shipment of the MOTUC 2017 figures (Super7 Wave 1). Which means the boat shipment is definitely in transit to Super7 in the USA and should be arriving in a couple of weeks to the docks and customs.
    Check out their photos:

-----------------------
    Brian Flynn is over in China at the factory right now, checking on production of Super7 products. And he posted an image of pieces from Fang-Or!

Super7 had previously hoped for figures to ship from the factory mid/late November. Now that they have dialed in all the changes to the figures, per fan input, the figures are currently in production and should be shipping from the factory soon. From there, the figures will head to Super7 to then ship out to fans everywhere!

And here's a look at the steel molds it takes to make action figures!

From Brian:
    "So, when we talk about tooling (the molds toys are made in) this gives you a sense of size and scale of a single tool. Solid steel. These things are lifted into the injection machines with a chain pulley, similar to what happens at the auto shop when they raise up the car engine, except these might be heavier."

This gives you some idea of the space it takes to store these, and why they rarely store old molds unless someone pays for the storage space.

Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

That's good to hear. I really hope all the kinks were worked out. Did anyone from Mattel ever set foot in China to inspect production of MOTUC?
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Super7 MOTUC 2017 figures in production and should be shipping from the factory soon!

What does "soon" mean?

Any word on whether we should expect these before Christmas? After the new year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Streamside; December 4, 2017 at 12:27pm.
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

Quote Originally Posted by Streamside View Post
    What does "soon" mean?
    It means before long; in the near future; at an early date.

I'm sure there will details when they have them.

Any word on whether we should expect these before Christmas? After the new year?
    Since it takes around a month for figures to ship by boat and to clear customs, it would have to be after Christmas.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Brian Flynn is over in China at the factory right now, checking on production of Super7 products. And he posted an image of pieces from Fang-Or!

Super7 had previously hoped for figures to ship from the factory mid/late November. Now that they have dialed in all the changes to the figures, per fan input, the figures are currently in production and should be shipping from the factory soon. From there, the figures will head to Super7 to then ship out to fans everywhere!

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...ieces_full.jpg
    that's beautiful, and my new desktop

-------------------

I appreciate the updates, even if they ultimately dont tell us a ton and makes me salivate. I appreciate the thorough effort. It will be a nice post-christmas present. I completely assume the next 4 will be fully paid to in our hands much quicker.

This is VERY good news

Glad to hear Brian Flynn is on top of things and in China at the factory. Mattel never did this they conferenced called with their factory rep in China. I like how Brian Flynn runs his company.
    Last edited by mjw41; December 4, 2017 at 02:32pm.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

really digging those colors. Cant wait to see photos of the final product.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdude

This is great news indeed!

Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

It means before long; in the near future; at an early date.

I'm sure there will details when they have them.

Since it takes around a month for figures to ship by boat and to clear customs, it would have to be after Christmas.
    You're the funniest, Val. (but thanks for the estimate.)

Quote Originally Posted by Streamside View Post
    You're the funniest, Val. (but thanks for the estimate.)

LOL! I was just razzin' ya.

Excellent news! I don't mind waiting until January even, but the fact that they are in production is awesome! Love that box-o-forearms! THANKS FOR UPDATING!

Disappointing that we'll be waiting to until next year. However, it's good to have news and I can't wait to get these guys in hand.

January sounds good to me! Looking forward to a nice package in the mail to blow away those post Christmas blues.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm patient. Thanks for the update!

Thanks for the update Val! It's nice to see Brian keeping us posted with all the changes.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    That's good to hear. I really hope all the kinks were worked out. Did anyone from Mattel ever set foot in China to inspect production of MOTUC?
    I take it no look at all the problems they had at least Super 7 shows they actually care...

We will probably get these late January early February.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Has Super7 stated when the current Pre-Order will end?

Thanks for the update Val.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

From Brian:
    "So, when we talk about tooling (the molds toys are made in) this gives you a sense of size and scale of a single tool. Solid steel. These things are lifted into the injection machines with a chain pulley, similar to what happens at the auto shop when they raise up the car engine, except these might be heavier."

This gives you some idea of the space it takes to store these, and why they rarely store old molds unless someone pays for the storage space.

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...ieces_full.jpg

From Brian:

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...ds-wm_full.jpg
    Working in plastic injection moulding factory for years i understand brian 100%.Those molds are heavy and ensuring the plastic won't be degraded by the process takes a lot of quality assurance, control and checking so those awesome figures wont break easily.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

If possible, please don't ship these out before mid January from Super7 to fans around the globe.
    Re-release Dino-Riders sculpted by the Four Horsemen!!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    My faith in S7 is returning; an actual, physical visit to the factory in China might have avoided many of the problems we had in the Matty era. The pics are interesting, as well. Guess I never realized just how massive the molds actually are; no wonder these things cost thousands of dollars to make. As for the delay until likely next year, I reiterate that I am fine with that if it means getting the figures done right. With the numerous changes we've seen that they've made at our request, I can understand that more time was needed. Better right than rushed.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior

From Brian:

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...ds-wm_full.jpg
    Are the MOTUC molds from the past decade being stored or are they lost?