Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TMR's MOTUC reviews and features

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    I love it... really nice. I know it is tedious to make but it would be nice to have more of this comic style
    Thanks! And don't worry, I'll definitely be doing more. The plan is to try to do one full-length story per month, while continuing with the weekly reviews. I'm also planning to take new photos for the older ones I did with the 2002 figures since those are (mostly) no longer accessible on here.

Read it before going to work. Again another very entertaining review sir. I can feel that you really like Lodar, and Super7 and 4H really did make him quite nice.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Read it before going to work. Again another very entertaining review sir. I can feel that you really like Lodar, and Super7 and 4H really did make him quite nice.
    Thanks, glad you liked it! And I really do love the figure, sometimes I just look over at him on the shelf and I can still hardly believe I finally have him.

That's same with my CG Teela. I can stare at her all day, and I still haven't taken her out of the box yet.☺

It's really awesome to get dream figures like that! I can forgive the MOTUC line for its shortcomings largely because it's given us so very many figures like that. Goat Man is another dream figure for me. I wanted a figure of him so badly when I was little! I can still hardly believe I have one.

They still rolling i am thankful for that, the commitment to continue can only be attributed to passion when even mattel had to call it a day. Super7 did just that and other dream figures will eventually come.

Reading the backlogs, TOD Sorceress.... hehe some funny photos there, again nice read, on to the next..........

Only manage to finish Poor man's Tri-Klops, and I really feel those Skeletor's movie henchmen are just counterparts of the main henchmen of cartoons, really wish the movie was better, never like it then as a kid but i respect it as a part of motu lore. But have to admit the movie classics figures are awesome, Karg too looks very promising

Yeah, I was bitterly disappointed in the movie when I was a kid. My feelings have softened over the decades, though. I still don't consider it a good MOTU adaptation, but I do think it's a fairly decent movie when judged on its own merits. And I still think Frank Langella's Skeletor is likely the best we're ever going to get, even if a big-budget MOTU movie series does get off the ground at some point. It still amazes me that we got an actor of his calibre to portray ol' bonehead!
    Karg has become weirdly fascinating to me over the years. He's a scaly reptilian dude in a furry pimp coat with a pirate hook hand... there's something oddly compelling about that. To me, anyway!

I've seen it in the movie theaters and on tv too as kid but hey that was a long time ago. I may try to watch it again too see if my impression changes. I'm currently rewatching She-Ra and I'm still in the middle of it.

Read Fang Man, the Evil Lyn photo is hilarious, nice review as always.☺

Thanks a lot! I really do appreciate the kind words.

Today's review, though I'm a few hours late posting it, focuses on the master of extension, Extendar!

Hah, read it as i had a spare time before getting busy with work. It is not hard to imagine some of the convo if they are real people, and really in front castle grayskull
    most of a time...
    but hey Teela still lives with her mom and still not running away with He-Man to live in his van, so i guess grayskull is like their hangout place.

On a serious note, I never seen an Extendar figure on actual, his extension gimmick seems versatile than mekaneck, and he rocks the knight vibe nicely. So I guess he's an ok figure to have if he is in someone collection want-to-have list.

Yeah, I kinda suck at making dioramas, so everyone just hangs out in front of Grayskull most of the time. It's their version of the diner from "Happy Days!"
    I do wish they had either packed in more extension parts, or tossed some into one of the later weapons packs. I'm not thrilled with the prospect of having to buy another figure just for more extension parts! At least he's one of the cheaper MOTUC figures, if I do wind up deciding to do that.

I welcome the slower pace, I'm still on the back reading. Entrapta really has that good heroic character design.

She really does! I could almost see her playing a double agent sort of role, masquerading as one of the good guys/girls. She really has that look. (Apart from the Hordak head on her chest, of course!)

kinda feel sorry for old bonehead.

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    You can check out the newest story-length figure comic right here! Here's a peek:
    https://i.imgur.com/BQDARJF.jpg
    Great, now I need a figure of Uncle Hank. Get on to it Super7. Now with beer drinking action and projectile vomit.

I am joking if anyone thinks I am serious.

Sent from my LGL56VL using Tapatalk
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties. I get comic books, novels, & ViewMaster Reels as well. If you want to discuss this stuff & other things, then PM me here on the .org. I enjoy anime, video games, & sci-fi, too. DC or Marvel, it's all good.

kinda feel sorry for old bonehead.
    I feel even worse for Evil Lyn, she has to live with him!

Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    Great, now I need a figure of Uncle Hank. Get on to it Super7. Now with beer drinking action and projectile vomit.
    Apparently Mattel actually produced a limited run of Uncle Hank figures back in the '80s, though its origins are shrouded in mystery, and they go for quite a bit on the secondary market these days.