Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Fair 2018 predictions and reveals

What I'd like to see:

Collector's Choice - Lizorr, Miro, Hunga, Kayo

Club Grayskull - Stratos, Ram Man, Whiplash, Grizzlor

I don't think that's what we'll actually see, though.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

my most wanted right now is Filmation Prince Adam with hopefully Alternate heads and a true Filmation powersword. I’m game for almost anything else though
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

When can we expect to see some teasers about Toyfair reveals? Seems to be getting close now.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Will we even get to see anything at Toyfair? I'd be surprised. Seems like they want to get a handle on the current waves first...

Hollywood Warrior InspectorZartan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Will we even get to see anything at Toyfair? I'd be surprised. Seems like they want to get a handle on the current waves first...
    My prediction is we will get PowerCon reveals at Toy Fair but won’t get any reveals about the next actual Classics wave until SDCC
    TOP WANTS
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Malektha/Twiggets/RedKnight
    200X:Miro/Hawke/Illumina/BoneWarrior/ABCGiants
    NA:Nocturna/Sagitar/Kayo/Lizzor/Hoove/Vizar/
    Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    JETLAG:Sebrian/Andros/Drissi/Gleep/UR
    MISC:Delora/MOPDemons/LtAndre/EvilRobot/Damon
    BEASTS:Clawdeen/Storm/Bionotops/Mantisaur/
    TyrantisaurousRex/Moonbeam/Sundancer

Perhaps Val will post teaser images again?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Cc

Lady Slither
    Scrollos
    Songster
    King Miro
    I totally expect (and have expected) King Miro for...well, quite some time. He's been topping some of my lists for awhile now.

I am expecting Lady Slither sooner rather than later. I do not know if it is next but I would not be surprised either way.

I do not at all expect Scrollos or Songster but boy, I LOVE THE WAY YOU THINK.

I would be 100% happy with those exact 4. Provided King Miro is the 200x/Minicomic/etc version and not the Filmation version.

I do expect a NA figure. Hero or villain? Dont know. I know I'd prefer a Villain. I do expect not to be 100% surprised if there is not a NA figure, though sorta surprised and sorta disappointed.

I expect if one figure in CC is a unique Filmation Character that it could be Kittrina easy. I do not know that I expect her to be in the wave, but I could expect her to be a good contender. She is not my unique Filmation in CC pick but I'd be happy enough with her. I do expect that my top 3 Filmation CC character choices will not be in the next wave, but I would be quite happy to be wrong.
    Last edited by baronterror; February 7, 2018 at 01:43pm.

Ok, here is my updated wishlist for ToyFair:

Wave 3 Collector’s Choice
    Hunga
    Lizorr
    King Miro
    Garn

Wave 3 Club Grayskull
    Stratos
    Fisto
    Kobra Khan
    Webster

SDCC Exclusive
    Masks of Power Demons (CC)
    Zodac and Cosmic Throne (CG)

PowerCon Exclusives
    Rock Monster (CG)
    Sand Demon (CG)
    Scrollos (CC)

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorZartan View Post
    My prediction is we will get PowerCon reveals at Toy Fair but won’t get any reveals about the next actual Classics wave until SDCC
    I think PowerCon exclusives at ToyFair makes total sense, but since Wave 2 is already under pre-order... I'd expect they'd need to already have pre-orders open by SDCC for Wave 3, yeah? If they're going to ship them by end of 2018? Maybe they'll be revealed and the pre-orders will open during SDCC or something, but I'd almost expect to see Wave 3 revealed long prior to SDCC.

But maybe I'm overly optimistic.
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

Heroic Warrior
    I think I'll take anything shown with a large chunk of salt from now on...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by gaidin View Post
    I think I'll take anything shown with a large chunk of salt from now on...
    Just imagine the male figures with the colors changed to Neon, and the females what they'd look like after a Fisto punch to the face. Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    Just imagine the male figures with the colors changed to Neon, and the females what they'd look like after a Fisto punch to the face. Bingo!
    Or maybe somebody can learn from own mistakes.
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

CC:
    200X Sorceress
    King Miro
    Kayo
    Hunga the Harpy

CG:
    She-Ra
    Stratos
    Grizzlor
    Count Marzo

As much as I really, really want to see new stuff, it doesn't feel like a great time to show new product.
    With wave 1 not in our hands yet and a lot of negativity surrounding it, and wave 2 still on sale, even if they showed some amazing prototypes they'd probably get a lot of people making sarcastic comments like those above.

Maybe we'll see some exclusives or non-MOTUC stuff like ReAction. If we do see new MOTUC I would just love to see another Horde member in CG, preferably Leech or Grizzlor.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    As much as I really, really want to see new stuff, it doesn't feel like a great time to show new product.
    With wave 1 not in our hands yet and a lot of negativity surrounding it, and wave 2 still on sale, even if they showed some amazing prototypes they'd probably get a lot of people making sarcastic comments like those above.

Maybe we'll see some exclusives or non-MOTUC stuff like ReAction. If we do see new MOTUC I would just love to see another Horde member in CG, preferably Leech or Grizzlor.
    Well, in the past, new reveals have had a way of taking over the converstaion from the wave of negativity taking place just prior to it. The great Big Lots scandal of 2013 happened right before SDCC, and that chatter dissipated quite a bit once the 2014 reveals came out. So, I wouldn't hold back new reveals; in fact, I would encourage them to shift the conversation at this point.
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

I think it's pretty much a given that the PowerCon exclusives are going to be Slamurai and the Snake Troopers.

Quote Originally Posted by MEisterShake View Post
    I think it's pretty much a given that the PowerCon exclusives are going to be Slamurai and the Snake Troopers.
    I would say that's NOT pretty much a given, since Val said the Power Con Exclusives were 1 Collector's Choice item and 2 Club Grayskull items. The Slamurai guess is probably a good guess, but I don't think we'll be getting Snake Troopers this year.

Wave 3 Collector’s Choice
    Hunga the Harpy
    Melaktha
    King Miro (200x)
    Hoove

Wave 3 Club Grayskull
    Ram-Man
    Whiplash
    Mantenna
    Count Marzo

Suprise release!
    MOTUC Clamshell Card Protectors!
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Well, in the past, new reveals have had a way of taking over the converstaion from the wave of negativity taking place just prior to it. The great Big Lots scandal of 2013 happened right before SDCC, and that chatter dissipated quite a bit once the 2014 reveals came out. So, I wouldn't hold back new reveals; in fact, I would encourage them to shift the conversation at this point.
    I agree and if they don't show the next wave at Toy Fair, the rumour mill will go into overdrive with talk that the line is ending. Holding off revealing new stuff will have a negative effect and kill any enthusiasm for the line that is left. I'm sure we will get reveals every year during Toy Fair and SDCC while the line is continuing. First year we don't, I will worry for the lines future.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I would say that's NOT pretty much a given, since Val said the Power Con Exclusives were 1 Collector's Choice item and 2 Club Grayskull items. The Slamurai guess is probably a good guess, but I don't think we'll be getting Snake Troopers this year.
    Really? I missed that! The Club Grayskull items have me excited so long as it isn't something obscure like a random villager or something... I think something like Teela Na or Gleedal would be cool
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

If they reveal the Power-con exclusives and wave 3, I’d like to see:

1) CC Mini comics Tri-klops
    2) CG Faker/Robot He-man
    3) CG Melaktha

CG Wave 3
    1) Stratos
    2) Prince Adam
    3) Whiplash
    4) Grizzlor

CC Wave 3
    1) Hunga
    2) MYP Miro
    3) Kayo or Lizorr
    4) Kittrina
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2018: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I think PowerCon Exclusives sound right. I think its 2 3-packs again

1) Mini comics Tri-klops
    2) Mini-Comics Roboto
    3) Mini-Comics Fisto

1) Slamurai
    2) Horde Snake Trooper 1
    3) Hordesnake Trooper 2

Maybe some Wave 3 CC or CG--but I kind of doubt it. Probably want to save those until after Wave 2 Pre-order closes.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

It's been specifically stated that there are no 3 packs for the Power Con Exclusives this year.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Whatever they decide to do for CG, I think they will have to have a heavy hitter (A list character) like Ram-Man. With the way Teela has come out and possible loss of confidence in S7 (ie Sorceress) going into wave 2 they are going to need to have a must-have character to keep the fans interested.

I think Montork and Dre Elle would be great Powercon exclusives.

Man, I tried to play the guessing game for the Club Grayskull, but I just can't do it. I honestly HATE this Filmation line and especially how it has impacted Collector's Choice, that just thinking about it burns me.

That being said, I will list my wants and guesses on what ToyFair will reveal.

WHAT I WANT

Power Con - Songster

Wave 3 - Artilla
    Tuvar or Baddhra
    Uncle Montork and Dree-Elle
    King Miro

WHAT I THINK WE'LL GET

Power Con - Slamurai

Wave 3 - Lady Slither
    Hunga the Harpy
    Kayo
    King Miro
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,