63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, definitely interested!

6 9.52%
  • No, i don't want the few slots allocated to CC to decline further

57 90.48%

Thread: merging Club Grayskull with Collector's Choice selection

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar

merging Club Grayskull with Collector's Choice selection

Since a lot of fans seems divided on this matter, and that the very existence of the Club Grayskull
    threatens (in a way) Collector's Choice future, i thought it was fun to consider a much simpler way to
    solve this out.

Say, one Filmation variant figure per wave versus 3 other different factions.
    I'd be very easy for the non-interested fan to sell them in a second phase, plus,
    this would garantee a better sustainability while renewing with the purpose of this
    "all era included" brand.
    Last edited by OnlyOneSkeletor; December 19, 2017 at 05:04am.
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Oh boy, now the guns will come out blazing from a lot of folk on here lol. I honestly don't mind the merging, BUT my biggest disappointment would be having to wait soooo long to get more Filmation figs. If you took the latest Wave 2 then it could perhaps by some be classified as having 2 Filmation characters in there. Even if they're being "classized". I would prefer it to stay separate to push out more figures of both lines, but should S7 one day decide that's the way forward, what can you do? I'm loving the way it is now, but that's purely for personal reasons - the more figs in Filmation style, the happier I am Again - very personal choice.

OnlyOneSkeletor: So, are you proposing 6 CC and 2 CG each half of the year?
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    That is what I am wondering too.
    If that is what you mean I would say a big NO.
    That would be only 4 CG figures per year, and only 8 is already not enough for me AND for many collectors when we see the lastest poll results
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    That would be only 4 CG figures per year, and only 8 is already not enough for me AND for many collectors when we see the lastest poll results
    Yeah, 4 is not enough for me either. That's why I voted NO. It would be interesting to see what others think of this suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I am, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    Indeed but ... One can legitimately wonder what will happen when the main characters will be revisited in this format.
    This is the only reason why i started this thread.
    Last edited by OnlyOneSkeletor; December 19, 2017 at 06:47am.
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    I am, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed but ... One can legitimately wonder what will happen when the main characters will be revisited in this format.
    This is the only reason why i started this thread.

No No and NO....Leave things as they are. I like the offerings of four Collectors Choice and four CG. Don't upset the apple cart
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Keep CC and CG apart, I say. I'm all for the CC (plussed up/detailed) style, have zero interest whatsoever in the CG (simpler cartoony) style. As I've said before, it isn't about character source (NA, Filmation, MYP, comics, concepts, etc) -- it is about the style, the aesthetic execution of the figures. CC? Bring it on. CG? Could dry up and go away, and I'd not care. Meanwhile -- they are distinct, so keep them that way. If CC slots start disappearing in favor of CG spots, that's pushing me out as a collector/customer, and with no small degree of vexation. Same for if waves start mixing them consistently. As it is, these supposedly CC figures like Hawke and Granita and Dylamug are really pushing it, for me.
    Last edited by The Timeless One; December 19, 2017 at 03:15pm.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Keep them seperate, I think that Super 7 has heard loud and clear that CC characters coming out for the first time, whether they are based from filmation or some other source, need to match the asethithic of its predecessors, and they made a gesture in regards to Dymulug and Granitita( in her case not enough) but MOVING FORWARD I pray that this message will be translated in future figures, otherwise i think alot of customers will be dropping off the radar. In Regards to CG the real draw for me is the is the variants that look different from their figure versions, which in reality, is not alot of characters, Multibot being the most important character, but King Miro, Count Marzo, etc. So I am hoping that that one is included in each wave, which will keep me buying them, but once that well dries up, im not intreasted in buying less detailed versions of characters i have, so im out

I don't understand the question... your proposing 1 CG and 3 CC figures per wave correct? Yet your poll option says 'I don't want the few slots allocated to CC to decline further'?

Well if your proposing 6 CC per half year then CC slots would be increasing and not declining?

Either way, I'd prefer they keep it as it is since I prefer the Club Grayskull figures and I'll probably skip CC entirely after we get Hunga the Harpy (and perhaps Catra's cat form) I don't want them mixed as that would stop me ordering completely and just force me back to cherry picking.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Heroic Warrior
    I voted NO. It’s just as undesirable to me for Club Grayskull to have slots stolen from it as it has been to see Collectors Club have slots stolen from it. Each should get equal treatment and no merging.
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and original here

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I don't understand the question... your proposing 1 CG and 3 CC figures per wave correct? Yet your poll option says 'I don't want the few slots allocated to CC to decline further'?

Well if your proposing 6 CC per half year then CC slots would be increasing and not declining?
    Actually , it is not about the number of slots released in X amount of time, rather based on a strategy.
    How hard are willing to ensure the sustainability of CC currently much less successful than CG?
    In this specific example, a CC figure would be sacrificed (4-1 CC figures) in favor of a CG variant (3+1 CG) to balance out the current sales.

Should this occur, the number of CC figures would drop down slightly,
    from 8 (the way things are scheduled right now) to 6 per half year (by next year).

But once again, our concern is out there, how reliable would be such a business model?
    That's what i'd like to know.

No. I do want charactes original to Filmation. I do not particularly want Filmation variants at this time, with few exceptions.

I think they are doing it very correctly. I see no reason to "combine" the lines except to produce fewer figures. Otherwise they each are getting released and you can get all, some, or none already.

Heroic Warrior
    I want the lines to stay separate. Club Grayskull has grown out of the Classics and warrants its own place. Collectors' Choice is where everything else sits. With that in mind there could be an argument for adjusting the numbers. There are still plenty of figures from multiple factions that need to be made.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

No, I don't want any more CG figures showing up in CC.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

The lines are already merged. Hawke is basically a CG figure (just look at her). Dylamug and Granita are CG figures (again, look at the paint apps and design).

This whole argument is a moot point. Super7 wants to sell figures and they've concluded that Filmation is what is driving the line.

I wish they were giving us Filmation figures with more details and better paint apps, but that's not to be.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    The lines are already merged. Hawke is basically a CG figure (just look at her). Dylamug and Granita are CG figures (again, look at the paint apps and design).
    Not everyone agrees on this issue. When mattycollector launched the lineup, they simply wagered on the main characters, so much so that only the sub exclusive was given a more obscure one (Evil Seed). That's why it is important for S7 to lift the veil once and for all so that fans can finally leave this complex topic behind. To be honest, this logic was definitely set in stone for me, until it was disrupted by the integration of Dylamug in the Grayskull Club, while as a new character, had his rightful place all found.

As for Filmation references being the driving force of any Motu line, i couldn't agree more, and this is precisely why this poll was set.
    Last edited by OnlyOneSkeletor; January 31, 2018 at 02:18pm.

Heroic Warrior
    My vote would be to have 2 distinct lines. Treat it as though one company had the rights to make toys based on the Filmation cartoon look and only that look, and another the rights to continue in the style of the vintage toy line. I think it should honestly be that separated and clear. Both lines benefit that way, in my personal view.

You gotta keep ‘me seperated.

I’m only interested in CC, the original MOTUC. The Toon Line I can pass on.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

I've got to agree with others here: keep them separate.

The CC and CG are supposed to be two distinct lines... or, rather, they were supposed to be. Now that Super7 has included Hawke, Granita, and Dyl-a-mug (in their obvious Filmation style) in the CC line... well, now it seems to be anything goes!

Plus, only TWO CG-style figures per year?!? That doesn't help the fans who only want the toon figures.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Keep them separate.

Oh my God - NOOOO! The less Filmation aesthetic the better. Please do not pollute Collector's Choice.

Heroic Warrior
    Taking another look at these poll results makes me wonder why some voices are so adamant that CC and CG are basically the same. They're clearly not.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Last Defender of Trolla Wandering Star's Avatar
    Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    Taking another look at these poll results makes me wonder why some voices are so adamant that CC and CG are basically the same. They're clearly not.
    I guess that they will be whatever the powers that be says that they be. Common sense be damned.

The damage has been done. There's no going back.
    • HARMONY IS THE KEY LOVE IS THE LAW
    • Who weeps for Trolla? I DO.
    • (This User is Powered By Sarcasm, Autism, Trollan Magic and Just Plain Stubbornness)