View Poll Results: What products would you like to see in the event of a new MOTU movie?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • A NEW line of figures!

20 35.09%
  • A line of figures, based on the movie, that blends with MOTUC!

46 80.70%
  • A next-gen video game!

23 40.35%
  • Comic books and novels!

28 49.12%
  • T-shirts, mugs, posters, keychains, & the like!

15 26.32%
  • Role-playing toys!

9 15.79%
  • High-end statues, 1:6 scale figures, and prop replicas!

6 10.53%
  • A new cartoon series based on the movie!

33 57.89%
  • Other (explain what you'd like to see...)

4 7.02%
  • Nothing!

2 3.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Master of the Universe movie - the product aftermath?

Master of the Universe movie - the product aftermath?

When and if a Masters of the Universe movie hits theaters, what are you most excited for in the aftermath?

Do you want more figures? Should they be integrated into MOTUC, or a brand new line?

Other merchandise such as t-shirts, mugs, posters, and magazines?

Maybe a next-generation video game?

Comics and collectible cards?

1:6 scale figures?

Role-play items?

Or are you thinking high-dollar items like polystone statues, prop replicas, and costumes?

This is a multi-choice poll, so pick all that you would love to see!!

Post in the thread below what products you would like to see in the event of a Hollywood blockbuster He-Man movie!
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I voted what would seem a confusing "New movie based figures that blend with MOTUC, Other, & Nothing"

Since MOTUC is my collecting obsession I'd like it to continue to be the default, of course. Hence that answer.

However with all the rest that really depends on the movie. After years I love the '87 movie but I still do not really need a movie version of Skeletor, He-Man, etc. I like the unique characters and I would buy variants like the two previously refrenced but I particularly want original characters. Same would most likely apply to a new movie. I'd watch it, maybe love it and if I loved it enough and the designs were acceptible maybe I would want other collectible media.

Which brings me to the "nothing" and "other". If they made a movie specific non-MOTUC related toyline maybe I'd get some, if they made posters and comics and books etc, sure I may want some, if the movie is good and I like the designs well enough. But as a MOTU fan I would not get it "by default".

So certainly I'd love to have a potential movie just be amazing and inspire me to get all manner of things. So "other" is if it's good. Whereas "Nothing" is technically all I need is more MOTUC right now unless it's particularly interesting or well done, etc.

I'd love a cartoon...but based on the movie? That does not oft go well.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I voted what would seem a confusing "New movie based figures that blend with MOTUC, Other, & Nothing"

Since MOTUC is my collecting obsession I'd like it to continue to be the default, of course. Hence that answer.

However with all the rest that really depends on the movie. After years I love the '87 movie but I still do not really need a movie version of Skeletor, He-Man, etc. I like the unique characters and I would buy variants like the two previously refrenced but I particularly want original characters. Same would most likely apply to a new movie. I'd watch it, maybe love it and if I loved it enough and the designs were acceptible maybe I would want other collectible media.

Which brings me to the "nothing" and "other". If they made a movie specific non-MOTUC related toyline maybe I'd get some, if they made posters and comics and books etc, sure I may want some, if the movie is good and I like the designs well enough. But as a MOTU fan I would not get it "by default".

So certainly I'd love to have a potential movie just be amazing and inspire me to get all manner of things. So "other" is if it's good. Whereas "Nothing" is technically all I need is more MOTUC right now unless it's particularly interesting or well done, etc.

I'd love a cartoon...but based on the movie? That does not oft go well.
    This is very well thought out.

I think that a majority of people would love to see the movie-based action figures blend with MOTUC because it is something that we are familiar with, as opposed to a brand-new line which could potentially be an awful, mass-market nightmare.

And I like your thoughts on the other products as well. After all, who wants high-end collectibles for a movie that bombs?

Although, a new cartoon series would be beneficial to the property I think. And there are some solid examples of it working out:

-Ghostbusters
    -Jumanji
    -M.I.B.
    -Clone Wars
    -The Mummy
    -Beetlejuice

...and a lot of the Disney afternoon series'.

I would be happy to see a new line of figures with a low price point aimed at today's children for retail. As well as a mini-sub of Classics-styled movie variants. If the movie introduced new characters that fit the MOTU style, it would be awesome to see these get the Classics treatment. We have waited so long for Karg (still waiting, actually) and both Saurod and Blade are awesome figures!

Any excuse for a comic line is to be welcomed!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

What I would love to see is a fully supported RPG system featuring MOTU.

I don't want to see anything MOTU from Mattel. Their designers like Brandon take liberties and change the 4H figure design and then when their factory screws up ( Filmation He-Man ankles) rather than correct it NO they send it off to us like that because their meeting a schedual is more important to them than good QC. I subscribed for years and They never made their factory stop the poor QC, Now that I see how Super 7 handles things and shows they care and listen to their customers I don't want Mattel making MOTU anymore. I'm tired of Mattels it's their way or the highway attitude.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by Rancy Tun View Post
    What I would love to see is a fully supported RPG system featuring MOTU.
    Like a table-top RPG, or video game RPG/MMORPG?

Both would be awesome! I would especially love a good open-world ARPG in the same vein as Age of Conan.

I figure toys are an automatic one... I'd love to see a new ongoing comic (with the boost from the movie, it might last longer than the last few attempts) and I've been dying to read original MOTU novels for ages! I used to love the Marvel tie-in books they put out in the '90s and early '00s.

What if Mattel made a brand new line of movie based figures - but, in the 3.75" scale?

Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Like a table-top RPG, or video game RPG/MMORPG?
    Ohh, what I wouldn't give for a well-made, well-supported MMORPG set in the MotU universe... The only reason I play a Lalafell in FFXIV is I'll probably never get to play a Trollan in my lifetime... XD

But yes. Both. Both is good. Hmm. Anyone ever take a stab at a GURPS MotU?
    <--- CRAZY OLD TROLLAN LADY
    Mo-Larr is canon. Montork is not. Seriously, just WHAT.

What we will see is lots of Teela Battle Suit pegwarming.
    Hey Super 7, Snake Mountain rocks! Let's Kickstart it!