Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it too late to get in the game?

Nice read here, I learned a lot in just a couple of minutes reading.

Now is the best time to try, the price of figures have dropped a lot in the past few months.

People are leaving and flooding the market with their collections.

The other day I sold an awesome custom comic He-Man, far far way tooooo less. I spent more money on the parts I tracked down to make him than what he sold for:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/152846163018

I'm still crying inside, I should have just kept him at that price. (oh well, I really hope who ever ended up with him appreciates the work that went into him.)

I have some other great customs to sell, but with this market, no way, not now.

I even sold a 200x version that didn't fare well either:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/162783729099
    (I bought brand new 200x figures to use for parts to make this guy)

And lastly, another comic custom not as cool as the first one:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/152813511898

(All the auctions listed are ended)

So, yes, Jump in and take advantage of the low 2nd market prices, many are lower than when they were first released.

Go to Walmart.com, and search Masters, and pick mattel as the seller, they have some great prices right now, so does eBay (Mattel shop), and even check out GameStop they had some figures for $5 each.

Sorry, don't maen to sound bitter, but that last figure I sold bugs me, he was perfect!!! (The first auction I listed)

Have fun collecting, if you average the price out, even with the expensive ones included, and factor in original shipping, it will actually cost you less than it did us who bought each figure as they came out.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    The other day I sold an awesome custom comic He-Man, far far way tooooo less. I spent more money on the parts I tracked down to make him than what he sold for:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/152846163018
    That's a damn shame! It would have gone for more if I'd known about it. I couldn't afford to pay much more than it sold for, but I would've at least driven the price up a bit with my bids! I've done plenty of customs myself over the years so this one is within my skills to do, but as you say, the price of parts can make for a very pricey figure by the time you're done. That alone puts MOTUC customs out of my price range, as I'd much rather spend the same amount of money for a few figures I want but don't have rather than buy figures for custom fodder. Any well-done custom is a steal at that price! I'm having a hell of a time just finding an extra Oo-Larr head for a decent price right now. I miss the days of cheap fodder figures from the 2002 line, heh. I never had any trouble finding extras of those for under $10 each!

I suspect that there will be a few collectors quitting the line if Super 7 starts focusing on Filmation. If that happens, some collectors may start flipping there collections, which will bring prices down and make more rarities available. I'm one of them.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, UNCLE MONTORK & DREE-ELLE, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    I suspect that there will be a few collectors quitting the line if Super 7 starts focusing on Filmation. If that happens, some collectors may start flipping there collections, which will bring prices down and make more rarities available. I'm one of them.
    Why flip the collection just enjoy what you built

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjjer View Post
    Why flip the collection just enjoy what you built
    I think some folks like being completists.

Others may also be running out of space. I've sold many other collections in the past to make room for my MOTUC, as well as some of my MOTUC doubles. Never thought we'd get such an extensive line.

But you make a good point. It's nice to enjoy what you collected/built.

Widget
    I'm just starting too. the cheap prices got me to buy a few. and now I see them in person...I ordered super 7 pre orders series 2. and went back through Big Bad toy store and ordered the 1st wave from super 7. hopefully one of these days I can get a he man and skelator figure.

I started collecting classics on October of 2017. As of now, I’m only missing about 14 figures, which I’m sure most of the users here could guess (Shadow Weaver, Fisto, Kobra Khan, etc), so it can be done. You can still get a bunch of them from the Mattel website, and eBay always has lots for sale, usually at a fair price. It’s obviously cheaper if you’re a loose collector, but surprisingly moc isn’t much more expensive in a lot of cases. Like others said though, it is costly and patience is a must. If I could do it this late, you can too. I wish you luck!
    Last edited by The Big Bad; Yesterday at 10:11pm.

After 100+ figures??? Yeah, it might be a little late....

But, if you've got deep pockets.....
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Bad View Post
    I started collecting classics on October of 2017. As of now, I’m only missing about 14 figures, which I’m sure most of the users here could guess (Shadow Weaver, Fisto, Kobra Khan, etc), so it can be done. You can still get a bunch of them from the Mattel website, and eBay always has lots for sale, usually at a fair price. It’s obviously cheaper if you’re a loose collector, but surprisingly moc isn’t much more expensive in a lot of cases. Like others said though, it is costly and patience is a must. If I could do it this late, you can too. I wish you luck!
    If you are talking about a complete line of all of Classics and you are only missing 14 figures..... WOW IM IMPRESSED!!
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro,Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna,Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Twiggets, Drissi, Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast,Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast,Kay-La, Red Shadow,Gladiator, Bandwidth, Negator, SawTooth, Skeleteen, Tataran, Lt. Andra, Bug Eye, and MissleToe.