Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Analyzing the results of our character polls to determine next Collector Choice Wave

Analyzing the results of our character polls to determine next Collector Choice Wave

now looking back from the 2016 here are the top 20
    1. Evilseed (200x cartoon)
    2. Lord Masque (Filmation)
    3. Lizard Man (Filmation)
    4. Calix (200x cartoon)
    5. Skeletor's Robot Knights (Filmation)
    6. Veena (200x cartoon)
    7. Vultak (Filmation)
    8. Granita (Filmation, MOTU 80s daily newspaper comic)
    9. Despara (New 52 DC comic)
    10. Dylamug (Filmation)
    11. Hunga the Harpy (Filmation)
    12. Prahvus (200x cartoon)
    13. General Sunder (Filmation)
    14. Tuskador / Insyzor (NA toy)
    15. Horde Wraith (200x cartoon)
    16. Crita (standard - Jetlag)
    17. Miro (200x cartoon)
    18. Lodar (vintage MOTU mini-comic)
    19. Lizorr (NA toy)
    20. Quakke (NA toy)

and the 2017 results
    1. Karg (87 Movie)
    2. Lady Slither (MOTUC mini-comic)
    3. Granita (Filmation, Daily newspaper comic strip)
    4. Lodar (vintage MOTU mini-comic)
    5. Dylamug (Filmation)
    6. Hunga the Harpy (Filmation)
    7. Skeletor (87 Movie)
    8. Fang-Or (MOTUC mini-comic)
    9. Illumina (2002 comic)
    10. God Skeletor (87 Movie)
    11. King/Captain Miro (200x cartoon, MOTUC mini-comic)
    12. Catra Cat Form (Filmation)
    13. Sorceress (200x, Staction, MYP)
    14. He-Man (1987 Movie)
    15. Hawke (Filmation)
    16. Horde Mummy (vintage MOTU concept)
    17. Kittrina (Filmation)
    18. Tuvar (200x cartoon)
    19. Baddrah (200x cartoon)
    20. Lizorr (NA toy)

and the 2018 results
    1. Lady Slither - MOTUC Comics
    2. Skeletor - 87 Movie
    3. Hunga the Harpy - Filmation POP
    4. Mask of Power Demon - Green
    5. Mask of Power Demon - Red
    6. He-Man - 87 Movie
    7. Catra - Filmation POP cat form
    8. Sorceress - MYP Cartoon
    9. Kittrina - Filmation MOTU
    10. God Skeletor - 87 Movie
    11. Miro - MYP Cartoon
    12. She-Ra - Filmation
    13. Shadow Weaver - Filmation
    14. Baddrah - MYP Cartoon
    15. Vypor - MOTUC Comics
    16. Teela - Modern DC Comics goddess variant
    17. Tuvar - MYP Cartoon
    18. Fisto - Filmation MOTU
    19. Mantenna - Filmation
    20. Dree-Elle - Filmation MOTU

Now removing all the the figures we got from each list leaves us with
    17. Miro (200x cartoon)
    19. Lizorr (NA toy)

7. Skeletor (87 Movie)
    9. Illumina (2002 comic)
    10. God Skeletor (87 Movie)
    14. He-Man (1987 Movie)
    17. Kittrina (Filmation)
    18. Tuvar (200x cartoon)
    20. Lizorr (NA toy)

2. Skeletor - 87 Movie
    6. He-Man - 87 Movie
    10. God Skeletor - 87 Movie
    11. Miro - MYP Cartoon
    12. She-Ra - Filmation
    13. Shadow Weaver - Filmation
    15. Vypor - MOTUC Comics
    17. Tuvar - MYP Cartoon
    18. Fisto - Filmation MOTU
    19. Mantenna - Filmation

Now from these list i wanna remove any filmation varients as they belong to the Club Grayskull as they are in their own line, as well as 87 movie figures casue they are still in limbo as far as we know

17. Miro (200x cartoon)
    19. Lizorr (NA toy)

9. Illumina (2002 comic)
    17. Kittrina (Filmation)
    18. Tuvar (200x cartoon)
    20. Lizorr (NA toy)

11. Miro - MYP Cartoon
    15. Vypor - MOTUC Comics
    17. Tuvar - MYP Cartoon

and the final removable for the sake of getting new figures is removing and variants of figures we have or pack in figures we could get like catra cat form or dre elle

17. Miro (200x cartoon)
    19. Lizorr (NA toy)

9. Illumina (2002 comic)
    17. Kittrina (Filmation)
    20. Lizorr (NA toy)

11. Miro - MYP Cartoon
    15. Vypor - MOTUC Comics

So seeing these lists, its seems pretty obvious that 3 characters seem to stand out . Hunga has appeared in the top 20 for the last 3 years climbing from positions 11,6, to 3 respectively. I feel she has got to be a shoe in for the next cc wave that we will see at toy fair 2018.

Captain Miro has long been rumored as already being made, one of the last unique 200x figures that is well known and an important part of MOTU Mythos. His position has climbed as well from 17 to 11 respectively in the past years. I also feel he has to be a shoe in for the next wave of collectors choice.

Lady Slither has held one of the top 2 spots, and would have held one in 2016 if she was in the poll. People have been clamoring about having a snakewomen for years and her position in the snakemen ranks as an equal as king his elevates her importance in the mythos, as well as having the knowledge that she and her new ranks of snakemen play a part in the SOH era. That as well as the alternate tail bottom make her a very attractive figure for collectors to have. You cant deny she has earned a spot in the next wave of CC.

Which leaves the last spot? Looking at the remaining candidates, Illumina has lost steam in recent years While Vypor has gained some, The Mask Of power Demon got to be sold in a 2 pack, and i dont think they will do that this year, once the line is running more smoothly, so I feel like the best 2 are Kittirina or Lizzor. Kittirina has climbed the polls since 2016, from not being in the top 20 in 2016, to 17, to 9. I cant be denied she has been gaining popularity each year, and with her female hairy buck, they could share some parts with Hunga.

With Lizzor, Although he didnt rank in the the top 20 in 2018, he ranked highest of all the NA (32) if you combined his his toon and toy votes together, and was the highest ranking NA Character in 2016 and 2017. Now just by going by the numbers, Kittirina takes its and should get the spot but NA is part of the original line up and not finishing up the characters , to me at least, is like not completing the line, so if we could knock off at least one a year, it would ease the distress of feeling like they will never be made. So my prediction for the next wave is

Hunga
    Captain Miro
    Lady Slither
    Kittirina or Lizzor

Feel free to analyze them differently if you wish, but i think my method is sound in what i have taken out.

Why???!!!!!

Way too logical, its like finding out Micky Mouse is really a human in a costume.

The magic is gone.

(really, though, great stuff, I like that you took the time to do this and reason it through the historic data. Verrrrrrry cleaver)

I mean clever

Detective-disney-mickey-mouse-clip-art-images-6-disney-clip-art-galore.gif

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    As much as I like your analysis, I don't think we'll see Hunga and Lady Slither in the same wave. They'll probably save one for the following wave.

On the other hand, I agree that King Miro and Kittrina stand a good chance of making it.

As for Lizzor, I honestly don't know. NA characters have performed poorly in the last poll. I was expecting them to be higher. By the way, I was hoping for a Galactic Guardian in the next wave, as we haven't seen any yet from Super 7 and they could have been cheaper to make (ie Kayo) so that would have balanced the costs...

Anyway. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully the new wave will be revealed at NYTF2018.
    10 Most needed items for MOTUC...

Heroic: King Miro / Prince Dakon
    Evil: Skeleteen
    POP: King Micah / Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Hunga the Harpy
    POG: Oracle
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Sebrian / Sagitar

Hunga has paid her dues....she is long overdue a figure!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Well thought out! Glad you did this as I've been thinking over the results myself.

As far as your prediction goes, I think you're pretty darn close! I think the next wave might be as follows:

1. Hunga or Lady Slither
    2. Captain Miro
    3. Lizzor
    4. Tuvar or Baddrah
    Wanted in MOTUC:

Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Vintage Attack Trak, Hoove, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Colonel Blast, Vypor, Skeleteen, Sagitar

Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    *tilts head* Hmm. And with which figure would Dree Elle potentially be a pack-in? I don't see many sensible options here (like Adam and Orko), and oversized figures (Dragoon) are far from a sure thing...

*settles back in for the long wait*
    <--- CRAZY OLD TROLLAN LADY.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Star View Post
    *tilts head* Hmm. And with which figure would Dree Elle potentially be a pack-in? I don't see many sensible options here (like Adam and Orko), and oversized figures (Dragoon) are far from a sure thing...

*settles back in for the long wait*
    You could do dre Elle and Montork packed otgether the most sensible pairing, but you could do any combination of carry cat form, red eye, grrrr, clobber, dares bird craven. Just like the did with the two pack of loo kee and kowl. The alternative would be to have her singular packed, which for a small figure like that I feel like people would be up in arms about. Think those are some good alternatives. What say u?

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post

Hunga
    Captain Miro
    Lady Slither
    Kittirina or Lizzor

Feel free to analyze them differently if you wish, but i think my method is sound in what i have taken out.
    I agree with your assessment. But, I also think that, due to the size and tooling involved. Hunga and Lady Slither would probably not be in the same wave. However, Granita and Dylamug were, and I would have imagined the same would be true with them. So, you never know.

I thought it would be something very similar. But here is what I am hoping it'll be:

WAVE 3
    Hunga
    King/Captain Miro
    Lizorr
    Prince Dakon

WAVE 4
    Lady Slither
    Kittrina
    DreeElle/Uncle Montork
    Slamurai

In those two waves, we'd get the top "non variant" characters, with a few surprises mixed in. It would be representation for everyone's tastes too; Filmation MOTU, Filmation PoP, Mini-comics (vintage), mini-comics (new), New Adventures, Concept Characters, and 200X/MYP! That's a win/win for everyone.

The Tuvar/Badrah variants and the Masks of Power Demons should be sold together, I agree. They'd make excellent convention exclusive sets.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I agree with your assessment. But, I also think that, due to the size and tooling involved. Hunga and Lady Slither would probably not be in the same wave. However, Granita and Dylamug were, and I would have imagined the same would be true with them. So, you never know.

I thought it would be something very similar. But here is what I am hoping it'll be:

WAVE 3
    Hunga
    King/Captain Miro
    Lizorr
    Prince Dakon

WAVE 4
    Lady Slither
    Kittrina
    DreeElle/Uncle Montork
    Slamurai

In those two waves, we'd get the top "non variant" characters, with a few surprises mixed in. It would be representation for everyone's tastes too; Filmation MOTU, Filmation PoP, Mini-comics (vintage), mini-comics (new), New Adventures, Concept Characters, and 200X/MYP! That's a win/win for everyone.

The Tuvar/Badrah variants and the Masks of Power Demons should be sold together, I agree. They'd make excellent convention exclusive sets.
    I agree Tovar and Badrah and Mask Of Power Demons need to be done as two packs because I don’t want the two taking up two slots in a wave but also don’t one of them without the other.
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro,Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna,Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Twiggets, Drissi, Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast,Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast,Kay-La, Red Shadow,Gladiator, Bandwidth, Negator, SawTooth, Skeleteen, Tataran, Lt. Andra, Bug Eye, and MissleToe.

Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    You could do dre Elle and Montork packed otgether the most sensible pairing, but you could do any combination of carry cat form, red eye, grrrr, clobber, dares bird craven. Just like the did with the two pack of loo kee and kowl. The alternative would be to have her singular packed, which for a small figure like that I feel like people would be up in arms about. Think those are some good alternatives. What say u?
    Mm, having the two most prominent of the remaining Trollans packed together would certainly be nice (as well as the most logical pairing), but as Dree only barely squeaked into the top 20, and Montork missed the top 30 altogether (is it not the top 30 that would be given consideration, with 31-60 having been revealed solely for curiosity's sake, or did I read that wrong?), I'm not going to kid myself. Just call me a habitual fandom pessimist; I'll hope for the best, but be expecting the worst (or, more often, nothing at all).

And since the OP appeared to be only listing the top 20 after excisions, I was merely curious as to where one thought that they would fit within that range. My apologies if I misconstrue. Communication is... not my strong suit.
    <--- CRAZY OLD TROLLAN LADY.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post

WAVE 3
    Hunga
    King/Captain Miro
    Lizorr
    Prince Dakon

WAVE 4
    Lady Slither
    Kittrina
    DreeElle/Uncle Montork
    Slamurai

I REALLY hope you're right and we get Prince Dakon, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. I really want to be wrong about that.
    Wanted in MOTUC:

Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Vintage Attack Trak, Hoove, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Colonel Blast, Vypor, Skeleteen, Sagitar

Hunga
    Captain Miro
    Lady Slither
    Kittirina or Lizzor

These 4 as the next wave for Classics would be great to have! Kittrina could be saved for the following wave with Tuvar and Baddrah and perhaps Vypor.

Masks of Power demons could be a Power-con 2 pack along with the remaing vintage concept mashups.
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2018: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    I agree Tovar and Badrah and Mask Of Power Demons need to be done as two packs because I don’t want the two taking up two slots in a wave but also don’t one of them without the other.
    I agree with that too.

Byt the way very good analysis Facet. You have been taking your time to make it and that is great to share it on boards.
    Thanks mate
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Heroic Warrior
    I think it is unlikely to have Kittrina and the Dree Elle /Montork two-pack in the same wave. They are both filling the same slot (independent good guys from Filmation MotU). Also, our last NA character was an Evil Mutant, so I would guess a hero before Lizorr. Probably Sebrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Capeträger View Post
    I think it is unlikely to have Kittrina and the Dree Elle /Montork two-pack in the same wave. They are both filling the same slot (independent good guys from Filmation MotU). Also, our last NA character was an Evil Mutant, so I would guess a hero before Lizorr. Probably Sebrian.
    I would be thrilled with that solution. But I do think we need a hero heavy wave maybe three heroes and one villain for a wave

Lady Slither
    King Miro
    Kittrina
    Kayo/Serbian/or another Galactic Guardian
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro,Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna,Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Twiggets, Drissi, Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast,Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast,Kay-La, Red Shadow,Gladiator, Bandwidth, Negator, SawTooth, Skeleteen, Tataran, Lt. Andra, Bug Eye, and MissleToe.

I don't see Tuvar and Baddhra as variants.
    Last edited by Uncle Jake; January 22, 2018 at 01:06pm.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, UNCLE MONTORK & DREE-ELLE, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    I would be thrilled with that solution. But I do think we need a hero heavy wave maybe three heroes and one villain for a wave

Lady Slither
    King Miro
    Kittrina
    Kayo/Serbian/or another Galactic Guardian
    This character selection sounds more likely to me than the ones mentioned earlier. I guess such a line up would allow for Hunga, Lizzor, Vypor or 200x Sorceress to be saved for the following waves.

By the way, I agree with others on 2 packs for Dree Elle / Uncle Montork, Baddrah/Tuvar and MOP demons. These pairs should not be released separately.

I'm also guessing sort-of variants or repaints (Slamurai, Minicomic Triklops, Snake Troopers) would fit Exclusive slots...
    10 Most needed items for MOTUC...

Heroic: King Miro / Prince Dakon
    Evil: Skeleteen
    POP: King Micah / Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Hunga the Harpy
    POG: Oracle
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Sebrian / Sagitar

My guess will be:

Wave 3
    Hunga the Harpy
    Miro
    Mask of Power Demons

Wave 4
    Lady Slither
    Kittrina
    Tuvar & Baddrah
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    great analysis. i think at this point, super7 can't afford to delay any of these top characters as a "lure" for later waves. they need to make the top characters to keep the line going.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    Following the analysis ...

No rules have been announced for CC as only figures and not 2pack.

Why not imagining this :

Next wave :
    Masks of power demons 2pack
    Hunga the harpy
    Miro 200X
    Lizorr

And then :
    Tuvar & Baddrah 2pack (not really a variant)
    Lady slither
    Kittrina
    Vypor

I doubt there will be 2-packs for 7" figures in the next couple of waves. But only Super7 can say for certain.
    We're also dropping 3-packs from Power-Con this year in favor of the regular cardbacks.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I doubt there will be 2-packs for 7" figures in the next couple of waves. But only Super7 can say for certain.
    We're also dropping 3-packs from Power-Con this year in favor of the regular cardbacks.
    Sad to hear that....does that mean fewer figures as well, or will it be the same amount just on single cardbacks?
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Sad to hear that....does that mean fewer figures as well, or will it be the same amount just on single cardbacks?
    Fewer figures for 2018.
    I think it'll give everyone's bank account a breather.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Fewer figures for 2018.
    Meh, who needs money in the bank when you can have MOTU figures!
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Fewer figures for 2018.
    That's sad indeed!
    I really was expecting a number slightly superior than what we had last year on this one
    as a big celebration of both brands seems to coincide this year.

Anyways, i bet on the number of 3!
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Flee The Moon" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8qrmaFmq0