Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Made you Mad Today? What made you happy?

Grammer Flunky

What Made you Mad Today? What made you happy?

Usually when forums have a thread like this separated, the mad thread gets FAR more use than the happy thread .

today I found out, on the only forum I've ever been banned on...some idiot lead a secret 'mission' to get me banned from said forum in a private section of the site that I didn't even know about.
    It would explain why I got 'warnings' to stop 'going after him' when I defended myself against some comments he made about my opinion on things. one of only 4 times I addressed the issue publicly in 7 years there.

I've been banned from that site since last April at least, and I STILL left such a mark that the idiots are ****** off at me for whatever reason.
    I will never understand why some people get so consumed with peoples opinions that they hate online, that they won't just ignore the person.

It really is the higher road to take. and you folks wonder why I am the way I am. grumpy .

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    today I found out, on the only forum I've ever been banned on...some idiot lead a secret 'mission' to get me banned from said forum in a private section of the site that I didn't even know about.
    It would explain why I got 'warnings' to stop 'going after him' when I defended myself against some comments he made about my opinion on things. one of only 4 times I addressed the issue publicly in 7 years there.

I've been banned from that site since last April at least, and I STILL left such a mark that the idiots are ****** off at me for whatever reason.
    I will never understand why some people get so consumed with peoples opinions that they hate online, that they won't just ignore the person.

It really is the higher road to take. and you folks wonder why I am the way I am. grumpy .
    I'm guessing this scenario made you "mad"? You didn't really say either way.

I think it's all about perspective. Some people choose to just ignore the comments other make without actually having to hit the "ignore" button. Others need to hit ignore for whatever reasons.

Some people though, when they feel they're being ignored, continue to bring up the same old things over and over. They'll interject their thoughts into a thread that has conversation going that's moved on from what they wanted to discuss. Even when others dismiss them or take no interest in what they have to say. This can be annoying and a thread killer for sure.

That second kind of person will, depending on how much of a disturbance a mod or admin feels they're causing to good discussion, sometimes be asked to cut it out or even leave. Admins don't want to discourage other posters from posting due to one particular poster. And they certainly don't want to lose traffic on their site due to one particular poster.

Message boards are one big party of conversation where anyone is free to listen, join in, and leave whenever they like. And there's no "fairness" or rights. Anyone can be asked to leave a party by the host if they feel like someone's being a downer.

Master of New Adventures!
    I'm happy that I didn't get mad today.

Im mad i had to wake up from my slumber to go to work.... I am happy that i can now go home and go back sleep....
    Just when you thought it was safe to take a pee.....- Hard Ticket To Hawaii -

I'm mad that I haven't been sleeping very well lately. But I'm happy that my husband is out of town for a few days, so the house will stay cleaner and I get to spend time with my daughter doing things that my husband would probably find boring. Like watching a documentary about street cats in Turkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm happy that this semester of school is over with. I'm mad/sad that the next one begins middle of next week.

Grammer Flunky
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I'm guessing this scenario made you "mad"? You didn't really say either way. .
    definitely mad.

you have to admit it takes a certain vindictive individual to do all that. as much as i'm not fond of some members on here, or their opinions at times, they have a right to say it. just easier to ignore it!

"I like Santa!" Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Shredder, it does sound like that guy is rather crazy if he truly did that. It's one thing to not like someone on a message board and have a 'spat' from time to time, but to go specifically out of their way like that to effectively start a conspiracy to get the person banned is really messed up.

That being said, I can't help but notice the irony when at times you make comments like this...

And at other times make comments like these...

how come he totally ignored what I wrote
    anything positive I Say gets ignored.
    I brought out the plant joke because I felt like what I was saying was getting ignored.
    When people respond negatively to you, you complain about it and say that they should just ignore you.

But when you don't get the replies that you are looking for, or any replies at all to some of your posts, you complain about being ignored.

You kind of need to make up your mind on this.

Dynamo's got a point, Shredder. Why drive yourself crazy?

Grammer Flunky
    i dunno. just the way I am I guess.

You think you're a part of the community for 7 years, and then get tossed aside, all cause of movie opinions someone doesn't like. just kind of stings a little.

And totally ignoring points in a conversation when a person is talking to you is different than being ignored totally. I find the former more annoying than the latter .

And totally ignoring points in a conversation when a person is talking to you is different than being ignored totally. I find the former more annoying than the latter .
    I completely agree. But I also have come to accept that some people just don't realize they're doing it. They get locked in on a theme or thought and don't want to veer from it.

Today I'm happy it's Friday and I'm getting to spend time tonight with people I love and tomorrow it looks like the rain will hold off long enough for me to golf

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I am happy because:

1) I woke up today in good health

2) My immediate family are all in good health and doing well

3) My close friends are all in good health and doing well

4) I am gainfully employed and can do my job well

5) I am able to provide my loved ones the necessities of life and occasional luxuries

6) I am able to indulge my hobbies and intellectual pursuits

7) I am able to provide others with laughter, amusement and joy

8) I have many avenues to provide myself with hours of entertainment (movies, games, books)

9) I am content in the knowledge of another year of excellent MCU movies (Black Panther, Infinity War, Ant-Man and the Wasp)

10) I am secure enough to be confident about myself and open enough to hear what others have to say

11) To have a place to come online where I am welcomed by the majority

12) That I am me
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Grammer Flunky
    kind of a double on this one.

I think i've been wearing the same pants since 2000. and it's time to get newer ones. however, my body is so weirdly shaped, it's hard to get ones that fit good. hence, why i've kept these *******s around for so long.

ordered one new pair and hoping they fit so i can order a bunch more.

Well said and bravo. "You're the richest man in Bedford Falls."

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I am happy because:

1) I woke up today in good health

2) My immediate family are all in good health and doing well

3) My close friends are all in good health and doing well

4) I am gainfully employed and can do my job well

5) I am able to provide my loved ones the necessities of life and occasional luxuries

6) I am able to indulge my hobbies and intellectual pursuits

7) I am able to provide others with laughter, amusement and joy

8) I have many avenues to provide myself with hours of entertainment (movies, games, books)

9) I am content in the knowledge of another year of excellent MCU movies (Black Panther, Infinity War, Ant-Man and the Wasp)

10) I am secure enough to be confident about myself and open enough to hear what others have to say

11) To have a place to come online where I am welcomed by the majority

12) That I am me

Happy? Got called for 8 hours of overtime today and had an easy yet productive day. Never even opened the zipper on my tool bag but was still able to help 4 people with their issues today.

Upset? Self absorbed hipster millennial tool was sitting across from me on the train home. Not only was he taking up 2 seats with his backpack (if I didnít have a seat that bag would have gotten tossed on the platform at the next stop if he didnít move it after 5 seconds of asking politely). On top of that he had to dance in his seat (possibly to discourage someone from wanting to sit next to him) while listening to his over sized head phones. But what actually affected me was when his antics resulted in him spilling his 20oz $10 dollar coffee all over the floor of the train. After I cursed him out in front of train car full of people the bottom of my boots were all sticky for the rest of the ride. Putz.

Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    Something that hacks me off? Work. 16 hours on, 8 hours off (only 4 of which was any sort of sleep) and then 16 hours on again because people can't be bothered to show up for their shifts. Ugh.

As for happy? Something went up for auction on eBay today that I cannot possibly ignore. I'll be happy when it's in my collection. For now, I'll just be D E T E R M I N E D.
    <--- CRAZY OLD TROLLAN LADY

Something that should make you happy? You have a highly commendable work ethic. It puts you far ahead of the many who do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Star View Post
    Something that hacks me off? Work. 16 hours on, 8 hours off (only 4 of which was any sort of sleep) and then 16 hours on again because people can't be bothered to show up for their shifts. Ugh.

As for happy? Something went up for auction on eBay today that I cannot possibly ignore. I'll be happy when it's in my collection. For now, I'll just be D E T E R M I N E D.

happy: irn bru

mad: irn bru all gone
    Hoping for figures of: King Hsss slave girl, Major Header, Hans Hammerholder, Bubblor, Lady slither, Redeye, grr, Kayla, Gorgonne and the myp giants.

mattel:"it's like Japanese imports, they cost what they cost, the shipping and fees are part of it"....customer:"yeah, that's why I don't buy them either"
    mattel:" why is there no support for this line?"

Please. All you have to do is go to the store and pick up more. We in the Colonies would have to have it shipped. $9.99 for a 50 ml bottle, plus shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by clashfromjem View Post
    happy: irn bru

mad: irn bru all gone

Grammer Flunky
    Finally found a pair of pants that fit good and feel good. even if I Had to go up a waist size. sigh.
    Throwing out all the older ones while I can.

I also love when a normal person catches a SJW poster from hollywood totally off guard.and the hollywood type has to scramble with nonsense to fix his error. i'd post images of the tackle, but you'd know where it's from heh.

Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    Forget mad, now I'm just depressed. A one-of-a-kind item that I will never see again in my lifetime... and I was outbid with 2 seconds to go... by mere pennies.

Was one of my favorite episodes, too...

Happy thoughts? I'll... get back to you on that... *regards collection of cels from same episode somewhat wistfully*
    Last edited by Wandering Star; February 4, 2018 at 02:49pm. Reason: GDI AUTOCORRECT
    <--- CRAZY OLD TROLLAN LADY

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I am happy I was able to buy my mom a brand new washer/dryer combo to replace the old one (since the dryer part broke a couple of months ago) and it arrived this weekend.

I am happy that I was also able to buy my parents a new couch since they threw out the old one last month due to age and disrepair.

I am happy that Black Panther is receiving rave reviews from its premiere and is breaking all sorts of ticket pre-order records.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I'm happy my girlfriend is home from her trip. I'm happy she brought me some Moonshine treats from the distilleries she hunted down looking for my favorite kind.

I'm happy I got a recognition bonus at work. First time in a very long time I've felt like I was appreciated by the top brass guys.

I'm happy that with the bonus I got, I was easily able to buy a very cheap set of irons I've wanted badly but didn't really need to spend the money on. Bonus well more than covered the expense and the rest went to bills.

I'm angry/sad that over the weekend we lost 3 young lives (all in separate accidents) in my community due simply to people driving too fast in wet conditions.

Widget
    Three Sads.

1) Found our Whippet has kidney failure and will pass in the next couple of months.

2) Our 30 yr old turtle passed last week.

3) Still out of work, and still looking for something to turn up.

Three Positives:
    1) I have an amazing wife, who is working and supporting the both of us, even taking extra shifts, she is an x-ray tech, so not an ease job, especially when you have to deal with drunks and idiots.

2) Having my wife tell me to get something for Valentines day, told her I would like a Mythic Legion figure, she told me I could get four.

3) Buying The Cat Returns on DVD.

Irritated (I wouldn't say "mad")
    -Did my taxes yesterday. My tax liability went up about $1,000 between an increased federal bill and decreased state refund. We thought we had taken steps to alleviate this, but it appears that our overall Child Tax credit went down by $900. I have no earthly idea how the new tax law will change things next year, as our bracket is unchanged. Uncertainty is very vexing.

Happy:
    -My wife finished her first week at her new job (she had been on the IT help desk for her company, and had been hand-picked for a new HR/IS position as soon as it was established).
    -Just got back from Yoga. I'm a sub at my gym, but the usual instructor (my mentor) was there. After class, she was telling me that people had been raving to her about some classes I had covered recently. A couple had even been pushing for me to get a regular scheduled class or two. I was very flattered.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats