If you find the audio plays on youtube,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnNC..._r_KL3CP4DPyo-

click on the settings icon
    click on "subtitles/cc"
    click on "German (auto-generated)"
    click on "subtitles/cc >German (auto-generated)" a second time
    click on Auto-translate
    click on English

This will give you poorly-translated English subtitles. It's tough going, but gives you the bare bones of the story.
    Oh, i tried that for one of the POP audio stories and well...i would have no clue what they are really talking about by following that subtitles... They translated Adora to "gentlemen" for what ever reason "Adora lives in that palace" was translated to "gentlemen are at the place"... very confusing if you ask me
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Oh, i tried that for one of the POP audio stories and well...i would have no clue what they are really talking about by following that subtitles... They translated Adora to "gentlemen" for what ever reason "Adora lives in that palace" was translated to "gentlemen are at the place"... very confusing if you ask me
    As I said... it's tough going. The names are obviously lost in translation, but when listening to the voice work, you can get the general gist of who's talking. Not ideal, but for non-German speakers, it's the best option currently available.

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagnataur View Post
    As I said... it's tough going. The names are obviously lost in translation, but when listening to the voice work, you can get the general gist of who's talking. Not ideal, but for non-German speakers, it's the best option currently available.
    I´m not used to subtitles we don´t have them since everything is translated and subbed for TV and cinema into german and i learned english by watching cartoons as a child. Cartoons like MOTU, POP, Blackstar or the Carebears since we didn´t had those back in the days and i watched them in a show called Fun Factory
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I´m not used to subtitles we don´t have them since everything is translated and subbed for TV and cinema into german and i learned english by watching cartoons as a child. Cartoons like MOTU, POP, Blackstar or the Carebears since we didn´t had those back in the days and i watched them in a show called Fun Factory
    In that case, MOTU and POP served you well! Your English is excellent. I certainly wouldn't be able to interact competently on a German-speaking forum, and I had German lessons at school, though that was a long time ago.

Totally Dyslexic
    In that case, MOTU and POP served you well! Your English is excellent. I certainly wouldn't be able to interact competently on a German-speaking forum, and I had German lessons at school, though that was a long time ago.
    Thank you, i only knew he-man.org and i´m so used to write in english and that´s why i´m here and i´m doing okay. Sometimes i´m mixing up than/then or to/at/from and stuff like that but hey, most people seem to get what i´m talking about

But seriously if there are any questions concerning the audio stories just ask and i´ll listen to the story and answer any question. Especially if it´s one of the POP stories those are so cheesy but fun.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    DISCLAIMER! The above advice is for entertainment purposes only. The adviser is in no way responsible for medical symptoms incurred, such as square eyes, social withdrawal, unexplained loss of time or MOTU-induced hysteria!

But seriously if there are any questions concerning the audio stories just ask and i´ll listen to the story and answer any question. Especially if it´s one of the POP stories those are so cheesy but fun.
    Thank you for offering! I appreciate it. I know for sure we already used at least one or two characters from the POP audio plays in bios down the road.

I might also have to finally try and learn German. That way, I'd eventually be able to listen to the audio plays and read the Ehapa, Interpart-Condor, and MOTU, POP, & NA Promotional Magazines. Dare I dream of such fun?!!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I might also have to finally try and learn German.
    Do it. I use Babbel.com

Learning new languages is awesome for soo many reasons.

Totally Dyslexic
    Thank you for offering! I appreciate it. I know for sure we already used at least one or two characters from the POP audio plays in bios down the road.

I might also have to finally try and learn German. That way, I'd eventually be able to listen to the audio plays and read the Ehapa, Interpart-Condor, and MOTU, POP, & NA Promotional Magazines. Dare I dream of such fun?!!
    I know that Loo-Kee got his real name from the POP audio story which came with Starburst She-Ra but what other characters are there? Now i´m intrigued ?!?!

I always recommend to listen to Disney cartoons in a language you want to learn. Most of us know the text and they are very well translated in many languages. Even french. French people talk so fast and use short cuts in their daily use but for the cartoons they have to talk slower and that´s a start

October 22nd, 2018 bio reveal:
    Imp

Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Imp
    Wow!!!!! What a fantastic bio!!!

Imp was always one of those characters at the top of my most wanted list, back in the 80s! Love how this new bio ties him into the MOTUC cannon... especially his new association with Central Tower! I always considered Orko and Kowl a great team-up, too!!
    An insatiable hunger for Hunga!
    Twiggets & Widgets & Garth, Oh my!!
    Articulated Cringer & Catra in Cat form would be Pawsome, too!!!

Hmm, Imp's bio seems to end in a cliff-hanger! Great bio!
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Stratos, 4) Prince Adam, 5) Leech, 6) Kobra Khan, 7) Moss Man, 8) Shadow Weaver, 9) Bow, 10) Buzz Off

Color me intrigued... I want to know what his scheme was!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Wish there was more, not bad but not great.

Heroic Warrior
    The one thing it is lacking for my taste is an origin. What is Imp? Where does he come from? What did he do before working directly for Hordak?

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Imp
    Wee, Imp has a new Bio! I am tempted to try to figure out what new, horrific scheme he's come up with. Given he's a minion without his beloved master, there's no telling how far he'll go or what risks he'll take to either get revenge or get his life back. Of interest is apparently he's still skilled enough to sneak into Central Tower, which may mean nothing is really safe from his incursion. And kudos for putting in the whole mass limitation on his shape changing ability. Love Imp, but power without limit would only work if he's something he's pretending not to be. (Not that that couldn't be done. Imp certainly wouldn't be the first servant more powerful than the character he serves.)

Of course had snatching a time displaced Hordak succeeded, that would have left another Imp without his Hordak, and then we have a whole can of worms being opened.

Thank you for doing these. I always enjoy your bios, but obviously this one is my favorite.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Wow Imp!!!! This was a great bio! Gave him a few layers!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I thought Imp's bio was a fun read.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

"An enraged Kowl..."

Now that I'd like to see

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Hey Danielle are we going to also see some general species bios down the road? I realized that you gave us beast, object, location, and character bios but we don't have origins for some of the people both native and not to Eternia and Etheria. We really don't know much about the:

Gar
    Avions
    Mer-Man's People
    Buzz-Off's People
    Etc.

I mean there are a lot of large groups of people that migrated to Eternia from other worlds and times. That could help fill in some more holes for certain characters and even a few locations.

Thank You in Advance.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties. I get comic books, novels, & ViewMaster Reels as well. If you want to discuss this stuff & other things, then PM me here on the .org. I enjoy anime, video games, & sci-fi, too. DC or Marvel, it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Artistix View Post
    "An enraged Kowl..."

Now that I'd like to see
    In an earlier draft of the bio, I went into a little more detail about Kowl's rage, stating that he used his beak to peck Imp into unconsciousness. I had to cut it for space though, which is probably a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    Hey Danielle are we going to also see some general species bios down the road? I realized that you gave us beast, object, location, and character bios but we don't have origins for some of the people both native and not to Eternia and Etheria. We really don't know much about the:

Gar
    Avions
    Mer-Man's People
    Buzz-Off's People
    Etc.

I mean there are a lot of large groups of people that migrated to Eternia from other worlds and times. That could help fill in some more holes for certain characters and even a few locations.

Thank You in Advance.
    That's something we've talked about and would absolutely love to do. It depends on whether the next big wave of digital bios gets approved. If they say "yes" to those, then we plan to ask if we can write bios/info cards for species, factions, races, locations, etc.

I'm not sure if Mattel & Super7 would be okay with something like that because, up until now, we've only been able to write about toys that were physically in the package - heads, weapons, artifacts, sidekicks, etc. Although they are technically IN the Classics canon, locations and species/factions/races fall into a little more of a gray area. But, hey, the worst they can say is "no," right? It's totally something we really WANT to do.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; October 26, 2018 at 03:40pm.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

In an earlier draft of the bio, I went into a little more detail about Kowl's rage, stating that he used his beak to peck Imp into unconsciousness. I had to cut it for space though, which is probably a good thing.

That's something we've talked about and would absolutely love to do. It depends on whether the next big wave of digital bios gets approved. If they say "yes" to those, then we plan to ask if we can write bios/info cards for species, factions, races, locations, etc.

I'm not sure if Mattel & Super7 would be okay with something like that because, up until now, we've only been able to write about toys that were physically in the package - heads, weapons, artifacts, sidekicks, etc. Although they are technically IN the Classics canon, locations and species/factions/races fall into a little more of a gray area. But, hey, the worst they can say is "no," right? It's totally something we really WANT to do.
    Now I can't help but hear the Woody Woodpecker theme for Kowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Now I can't help but hear the Woody Woodpecker theme for Kowl.
    lmao!!!

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post

Of course had snatching a time displaced Hordak succeeded, that would have left another Imp without his Hordak, and then we have a whole can of worms being opened.
    The Mighty Spector did this exact same thing with Sir Laser-Lot, at the request of known good guy King He-Man! It is theoretically possible to time-displace someone from their own circa, have them spend years (or even decades!) out of their own time, and then return them to just after they left, with little to no adverse effect on the timestream. This would be even more effective with someone like Hordak, who doesn't age at all thanks to Horde Science. But I'm sure You are right, I very much doubt that Imp would contemplate (or even remotely care about!) obeying chronal law... :^)
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Man View Post
    The Mighty Spector did this exact same thing with Sir Laser-Lot, at the request of known good guy King He-Man! It is theoretically possible to time-displace someone from their own circa, have them spend years (or even decades!) out of their own time, and then return them to just after they left, with little to no adverse effect on the timestream. This would be even more effective with someone like Hordak, who doesn't age at all thanks to Horde Science. But I'm sure You are right, I very much doubt that Imp would contemplate (or even remotely care about!) obeying chronal law... :^)
    I think it's the "return them to just after they left" bit that would probably give him problems. Of course there are other options, but its doubtful the other Hordesmen would like that at all.