Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 558

Thread: Masters Mondays MOTUC bio reveals: Oct 8th - Delora

  1. #51
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Des Moines IA
    Posts
    3,605
    The count marzo bit seems forced. The eldor part is interesting. The bio seems like he's being tied to everyone. It's like 7 degrees of separation. But I suppose that's what happens when one is around a super long time. Well, i'm assuming he has if he stole something from Eldor.

  2. #52
    Heroic Warrior Snake_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    The count marzo bit seems forced. The eldor part is interesting. The bio seems like he's being tied to everyone. It's like 7 degrees of separation. But I suppose that's what happens when one is around a super long time. Well, i'm assuming he has if he stole something from Eldor.
    A certain version of Count Marzo has claimed to have lived "thousands of years". I wonder just how long ago this teacher/student relationship happened. The two characters DO appear to be a bit of an odd match; they are both sorcerers, but their power sets and general M.O.s seem far removed from one another.

    Something else that occurred to me on the subject: if Castle Grayskull had existed in that ancient period in PREternian history, the Demon Mask would have most likely been stowed there, far removed from the thieving clutches of proto-Masque. This could all have been prevented. [^D
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

  3. #53
    Lord of the Patch baronterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    6,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Yes, who was he? And what became of him after He-Man destroyed his mask? The bio is incomplete.
    Something like Shadow Demon from D&D cartoon. Pretty much what I assumed. The mask allowed him to take a more solid form. With the loss of the mask he was banished back to the nightosphere, or whatever. That's what I like to think.

  4. #54
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fairview Heights, IL
    Posts
    3,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Man View Post
    A certain version of Count Marzo has claimed to have lived "thousands of years". I wonder just how long ago this teacher/student relationship happened. The two characters DO appear to be a bit of an odd match; they are both sorcerers, but their power sets and general M.O.s seem far removed from one another.

    Something else that occurred to me on the subject: if Castle Grayskull had existed in that ancient period in PREternian history, the Demon Mask would have most likely been stowed there, far removed from the thieving clutches of proto-Masque. This could all have been prevented. [^D
    Castle Grayskull was built after He-Ro’s death so it makes sense that Masque stole the mask from Eldor before He-Ro was killed. In one of the mini comics you can see the mask in Eldor’s hut.

  5. #55
    Oracle of Fabulousity Kevenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Lakewood, OH
    Posts
    7,511
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Castle Grayskull was built after He-Ro’s death so it makes sense that Masque stole the mask from Eldor before He-Ro was killed. In one of the mini comics you can see the mask in Eldor’s hut.
    Maybe, but he could have also stolen it immediately after He-Ro's death, which gives one of the most powerful wizards the excuse of being distracted by his grief over losing his young pupil as the reason he was able to be gamed by a creampuff like maskless Masque.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

    "Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!" - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

    WANT: Twiggets, Hunga, Josh, Joya/Bubblerina, King Ahgo, Wise Old Wizardess,
    Crimson Fury, Melog, Kowla, Red Eye, Staghorn, ALL New Adventures, Sharella,
    Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,
    MYP Sorceress, King Miro, Songster, Scrollos, Kayla, Skeleteen

  6. #56
    Oracle of Fabulousity Kevenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Lakewood, OH
    Posts
    7,511
    Looking forward to the next bio reveal...today, no?
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

    "Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!" - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

    WANT: Twiggets, Hunga, Josh, Joya/Bubblerina, King Ahgo, Wise Old Wizardess,
    Crimson Fury, Melog, Kowla, Red Eye, Staghorn, ALL New Adventures, Sharella,
    Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,
    MYP Sorceress, King Miro, Songster, Scrollos, Kayla, Skeleteen

  7. #57
    Heroic Warrior Snake_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Looking forward to the next bio reveal...today, no?
    Yes, today is Masters Monday! *Eager* *Eager* *Eager* [^D
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

  8. #58
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    35,697
    February 26th, 2018 bio reveal:
    Vultak



    AND don't forget to preorder the 2018 Wave 1 MOTUC (Super7 Wave 2) figures while you still can. Pre-orders end March 15th!
    Click here so you don't miss out on CC Dylamug, Granita, Karg, and Wrap Trap,
    and click here so you don't miss out on CG Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man, Sorceress, and Tung Lashor!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

  9. #59
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Des Moines IA
    Posts
    3,605
    nice. simple. basic.


    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    February 26th, 2018 bio reveal:
    Vultak



    AND don't forget to preorder the 2018 Wave 1 MOTUC (Super7 Wave 2) figures while you still can. Pre-orders end March 15th!
    Click here so you don't miss out on CC Dylamug, Granita, Karg, and Wrap Trap,
    and click here so you don't miss out on CG Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man, Sorceress, and Tung Lashor!

  10. #60
    Heroic Warrior Jeevesosiris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Chesterfield, UK
    Posts
    2,544
    I really like this bio. I always enjoy when a character is given a rival like this... Stratos VS Vultak? Sounds good to me.
    The Lurkiest

    **Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

  11. #61
    Heroic Warrior Snake_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    618
    I was thinking (wondering? theorizing??) that Vultak's amulet was somehow linked to Lord Masque?? (A secret, secondary "Bam!* moment!) [^D

    As much as I relish the hateful rivalry between Vultak and Stratos (dating back to an unproduced episode of Princess of Power, even before their clash in the DC Comics run!), I'm afraid that Vultak's quest for revenge will only lead him to the Palace Eternia junkyard, and the tons of twisted scrap metal that are the legacy of Dyr.

    But I suppose that if anyone/thing could possibly salvage Sunbird, I would imagine that The Evil Horde's vast intercosmic resources might be the entity that could do it...

    Another hit Bio! You all know how much I Love (most of) "The Sunbird Legacy", so it's just another unqualified win all around! Thanks!

    Next stop: Masters Monday, March 12th!! [^)
    Last edited by Snake_Man; February 26, 2018 at 09:48pm.
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

  12. #62
    Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,304
    Basic, but good. Fleshes out the character nicely and didn't randomly kill off any major characters. Great job.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

  13. #63
    Heroic Warrior Arek Brimstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    89
    So I know Lord Masque and Vultak have names that don't necessarily scream "code name" (Like "Ram-Man" or "Stinkor", etc.), but does the lack of true names on these two bios mean that bit of info is now a thing of the past?

  14. #64
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    35,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Arek Brimstone View Post
    So I know Lord Masque and Vultak have names that don't necessarily scream "code name" (Like "Ram-Man" or "Stinkor", etc.), but does the lack of true names on these two bios mean that bit of info is now a thing of the past?
    It's a thing of the past.

    I think the MOTUC bios, as a whole, have been a lot of fun. But many fans (I'd even wager most) disliked the addition of "real names"
    MOTU isn't GI Joe. MOTU aren't superheroes that have a real identity they keep secret. So there was no need to continue with alternate names for the characters.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

  15. #65
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    5,895
    Great Vultak Bio
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

    Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.


    Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

    Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

  16. #66
    Heroic Warrior Snake_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    It's a thing of the past.

    I think the MOTUC bios, as a whole, have been a lot of fun. But many fans (I'd even wager most) disliked the addition of "real names"
    MOTU isn't GI Joe. MOTU aren't superheroes that have a real identity they keep secret. So there was no need to continue with alternate names for the characters.
    BEST. Masters Monday. EVER!! :^D
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

  17. #67
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    224
    I disagree about the names. While I don't really need a separate "real name" section and not all characters need names separate from the ones we usually call them, there is a bunch of names in MotuC that's very obviously not the names the characters were given by their parents. In other cases, the "real name" section was used to give us their full names.
    Hawke, Vultak or Lodar don't need any "real names" because that can easily be their names. But Lord Masque already has an official "real name", it's Rakka. And it makes sense that he has one, he wasn't born with that mask.
    Similarly, I find it hard to believe that Quakke was always called that, even before he got the meteor hammer.

    Vultak's bio is great, by the way.

  18. #68
    Heroic Warrior Greenskull's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlantic Canada
    Posts
    1,110
    Vultak’s boi is great. I love the ongoing rivalry with Stratos
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

  19. #69
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by Capeträger View Post
    I disagree about the names. While I don't really need a separate "real name" section and not all characters need names separate from the ones we usually call them, there is a bunch of names in MotuC that's very obviously not the names the characters were given by their parents. In other cases, the "real name" section was used to give us their full names.
    Hawke, Vultak or Lodar don't need any "real names" because that can easily be their names. But Lord Masque already has an official "real name", it's Rakka. And it makes sense that he has one, he wasn't born with that mask.
    Similarly, I find it hard to believe that Quakke was always called that, even before he got the meteor hammer.

    Vultak's bio is great, by the way.
    Yes I agree that it makes sense some that at least some of these characters must have real names. I never viewed the names as secret per se, but something they were named at birth. Oh well, I'm just glad the bios are back. I'm sorry if this has been stated before, but why were these figures released without bios?

  20. #70
    Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,074
    he turns into a shadow? is that from the cartoon? i think it would be better if he could sense when someone is going to die, like a vulture
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

  21. #71
    Heroic Warrior Snake_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by Capeträger View Post
    But Lord Masque already has an official "real name", it's Rakka.
    We don't know for certain that Masque gave his "real name" to our heroes when they met in the desert. If the Bios had a "Known Aliases" line, then I could see "Racca" rating a mention, but without further confirmation, that is as official as that name is... :^)
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

  22. #72
    Heroic Warrior mikerobertschamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    Posts
    511
    I love both these Bios they build upon what is already know and gives a little more insight and a little intrigue so that way the character could be opened up for any direction a fan might want to take them.
    My wants all NA POG SOH filmation Garth Lady Slithor Meteorbs Zark Michi, Kothos, King Taurius, King Helios, Kittrina, Illumina, be plastic IMMORTALIZED

  23. #73
    Heroic Warrior Donimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nowhere, US
    Posts
    1,254
    I do like these new bios.

  24. #74
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    35,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Capeträger View Post
    I disagree about the names. While I don't really need a separate "real name" section and not all characters need names separate from the ones we usually call them, there is a bunch of names in MotuC that's very obviously not the names the characters were given by their parents. In other cases, the "real name" section was used to give us their full names.
    Hawke, Vultak or Lodar don't need any "real names" because that can easily be their names. But Lord Masque already has an official "real name", it's Rakka. And it makes sense that he has one, he wasn't born with that mask.
    Similarly, I find it hard to believe that Quakke was always called that, even before he got the meteor hammer.
    I think that's the benefit of looking at the bios as a snippet of info. That way, if the reader feels the character needs an alternate name, that's something that's up for discussion and debate.


    Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    why were these figures released without bios?
    I believe it was just a timing issue. The bios were done but they only got around to putting them on the Roton there at the end.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

  25. #75
    Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A thousand dimensions
    Posts
    1,339
    Oh nice, each apparitions of the character from Filmation to DC was wrapped up;
    so, he has an old score to settle with Stratos and his people?

    I really liked the obsession, the thirst for revenge ...

    Will he ever find the secrets of the dreaded Sunbird weapon?? Aaah,
    any mini comic project anyone??

    Does he use the amulet somewhere? Cause i don't remember that
    Last edited by OnlyOneSkeletor; February 27, 2018 at 11:13am.
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Flee The Moon" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8qrmaFmq0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •