Thread: Birthday thoughts

Master of New Adventures!

Birthday thoughts

Nice to get the birthday wish from he-man.org, but did they have to publish my age?

I take solace from my daughter telling me, "Dad, you're not 'old'; you're 'older'" and Tony Horton's admonishing me while I was in the midst of his grueling P90X3 regimen, "Aging is for those who don't know any better." They're both right.

On February 13, 1949 (Yeah, I know...Geez!), my mother went into labor. She was determined to have a Valentine's Day baby. She held out and to my enduring gratitude I was born eight minutes past midnight on the 14th and have been hopelessly romantic ever since. One of our first son's nanny's once correctly observed that I'd like to have rose petals spread all over the world and violin music playing in the background. And what's wrong with that?

For me, the best part about being born on Valentine's Day is that I get to give presents to others on my birthday. You see, it took me over half my life to learn one of the most valuable lessons in life: "It's in giving that we get."

Happy Valentine's Day to all orgers, even and especially to those who don't always agree with my opinions and who have, shall we say, a less-than-high opinion about New Adventures.

And remember:

"All you need is love, love...love is all you need."

John Lennon
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; February 14, 2018 at 10:52am.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Nice to get the birthday wish from he-man.org, but did they have to publish my age?
    You do know you have that option to make that information private, Jackie O.?

But happy Spirit Formation Day!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Happy birthday Jack!

1949!? Were the dinosaurs really as big as they make them seem in the movies?

No, I didn't know, Benny. But even if I did I'm far too low tech to accomplish it. Remember, I don't go to near electrical outlets because I'm worried electricity's leaking out.

Thanks for your well wishes, my dear friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    You do know you have that option to make that information private, Jackie O.?

But happy Spirit Formation Day!
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Happy birthday Jack!

Thanks for that, my good friend.

As for the dinosaurs' size, I don't really know as I wasn't a member of the hunting parties. I was the guy hanging back and making a buck by telling stories about them in the caves.

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar

I was born eight minutes past midnight on the 14th and have been hopelessly romantic ever since.
    Aw, you really are a Valentine's baby---neat, I don't think I've ever met one before (well, we've "cyberly" met, lol).

One of our first son's nanny's once correctly observed that I'd like to have rose petals spread all over the world and violin music playing in the background. And what's wrong with that?
    Nothing!

Unless you're allergic to roses, or don't like classical music, lol. :-P (I'm very much a romantic at heart myself!)

For me, the best part about being born on Valentine's Day is that I get to give presents to others on my birthday. You see, it took me over half my life to learn one of the most valuable lessons in life: "It's in giving that we get."
    I don't know if you've ever seen it, but Mr. Hooper demonstrates this in a beautiful moment with Bert 'n Ernie on 1978's Christmas Eve on Sesame Street.

Happy Valentine's Day to all orgers, even and especially to those who don't always agree with my opinions and who have, shall we say, a less-than-high opinion about New Adventures.
    lol, Happy Valentine's Day to you as well dear Mr. Jack, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Happy birthday Jack!

I don't really know as I wasn't a member of the hunting parties. I was the guy hanging back and making a buck by telling stories about them in the caves.
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

You're pleasing posts have helped to make my birthday. Thanks for that.

Now off on a Valentine's Day shopping spree for my Kim.

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post

Aw, you really are a Valentine's baby---neat, I don't think I've ever met one before (well, we've "cyberly" met, lol).

Nothing!

Unless you're allergic to roses, or don't like classical music, lol. :-P (I'm very much a romantic at heart myself!)

I don't know if you've ever seen it, but Mr. Hooper demonstrates this in a beautiful moment with Bert 'n Ernie on 1978's Christmas Eve on Sesame Street.

lol, Happy Valentine's Day to you as well dear Mr. Jack, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Happy Birthday! Hope its great. And wow you actually saw the dinosaurs? lol

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    He's like the Gandalf of the .Org
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Hope you have had a great day so far and eaten lots of cake! Happy Birthday Jack!

C'mon. I Co-created Power Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisLasek View Post
    Happy Birthday! Hope its great. And wow you actually saw the dinosaurs? lol
    - - - Updated - - -

Thanks so much, Zentron. That means a great deal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    Hope you have had a great day so far and eaten lots of cake! Happy Birthday Jack!

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    Happy birfday, Mr. Olesker. If it makes you feel any better, you're younger than my parents.

C'mon. I Co-created Power Rangers.
    I would not be brave enough to admit that.
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated; occasionally funny.
    When you're done laughing, visit the store!

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

"I like Santa!" Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Happy Birthday, Jack! And best wishes on many more! I'm still bummed that I didn't realize that you were at that MOTU fan film event in Chicago a few years ago until after the fact. I would have loved to say hi and shake your hand. Maybe someday.

Thanks for your birthday wishes.

I'm not quite sure why you wouldn't "be brave enough to admit that" but let's just say I did pretty well with Power Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by KidTDragon View Post
    Happy birfday, Mr. Olesker. If it makes you feel any better, you're younger than my parents.

I would not be brave enough to admit that.

Happy birthday!

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes.

Just one more hour and you can all stop being nice to me and start stomping on this older, white, straight, Conservative, Catholic Believer, New Adventures creator in The Tar Swamp again.

Just kidding'. You guys (and gals) are the best. Sincere and heartfelt thanks for helping to make my birthday wonderful.

Happy belated Birthday! I hope it was a wonderful day!
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Thank you, PAD. Really appreciated. :It was wonderful beyond my expectations. hmgrin:

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    Happy belated Birthday! I hope it was a wonderful day!

Heroic Warrior
    You're looking at it all wrong Mr. O.

You've gained a year of experience.

I'm glad you didn't walk away from the org.

Thank you for your cartoon body of work

Thank you for military service.

Learn to embrace and have fun on your birthdays.

Oh believe me, I have no problem with my birthday or age. Was just joking. Everyone should look and feel the way I do at 69. Hell, everyone should look and feel the way I do at thirty-nine. I sure didn't when I was thirty-nine.

I'm glad, too, that I didn't walk away from the org. Someone once correctly posted that it has a gravitational pull on all of us.

You're welcome for my body of work, but as I've often and honestly said, "Writers, directors, producers and actors are nothing without fans." So I'm the one that owes thanks to all of you.

I appreciate you're thanking me for my military service and I'm pleased I've lived long enough for people to thank me for it. It was very different back when I served.

Believe me, I embraced and had fun on my birthday...mainly because my birthday wasn't the only thing I was embracing and having fun with...if ya gets my drift.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    You're looking at it all wrong Mr. O.

You've gained a year of experience.

I'm glad you didn't walk away from the org.

Thank you for your cartoon body of work

Thank you for military service.

Learn to embrace and have fun on your birthdays.

Heroic Warrior
    Joking? Good. Guess I missed that. Kind of gets lost in print. Maybe we need emoji's with it's hands/arms going up in the air. the "ahhh. come on!" emoji.

Oh believe me, I have no problem with my birthday or age. Was just joking. Everyone should look and feel the way I do at 69. Hell, everyone should look and feel the way I do at thirty-nine. I sure didn't when I was thirty-nine.

I'm glad, too, that I didn't walk away from the org. Someone once correctly posted that it has a gravitational pull on all of us.

You're welcome for my body of work, but as I've often and honestly said, "Writers, directors, producers and actors are nothing without fans." So I'm the one that owes thanks to all of you.

I appreciate you're thanking me for my military service and I'm pleased I've lived long enough for people to thank me for it. It was very different back when I served.

Believe me, I embraced and had fun on my birthday...mainly because my birthday wasn't the only thing I was embracing and having fun with...if ya gets my drift.

Well that's the problem sometimes with the written word -- sometimes we need to footnote what we wrote just for the sake of clarity and understanding. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Joking? Good. Guess I missed that. Kind of gets lost in print. Maybe we need emoji's with it's hands/arms going up in the air. the "ahhh. come on!" emoji.