Thread: Super7 -Vintage-style 5"" MOTU figures (NYTF 2018 Predictions!)

Super7 -Vintage-style 5"" MOTU figures (NYTF 2018 Predictions!)

Hi there,

Besides He-Ro, Eldor, and the Filmation style versions of He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak, and She-Ra, do you think Super7 will show off any new vintage-style figures at NYTF 2018?

If they do, I predict we will see the following new figures...

Strobo
    Fearless Photog
    Lodar
    Geldor

Who do you think they might show?

Id love to see 'white ninja' (sorry im not buyin' 'Slamurai" as his name) or never released vintage style figs like Shadow Weaver and Queen Marlena.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

2nd for Strobo too.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

My guess is that if they are trying to get these out at retail, then they are not going to be going the obscure character route.

I will guess a Filmation versions of Man-at-Arms with armor on both arms/shins and a mustache head, Beast Man, Shadow Weaver, and Bow.....to even out the MOTU/POP ratio of that last wave.

I know He-Ro/Eldor point to their willingness to get some more obscure characters out there, so we'll see, but I can't see Geldor and Lodar sitting in retail stores and the mass market eating those up. I'd say He-Ro and Eldor are even a gamble, and maybe should be saved for just online sales, and leave the retail line to Filmation versions of known characters.
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Heroic Warrior
    Now that they can, there finally needs to be a Karg to go alongside Blade and Saurod.
    MOTUC Wishlist: Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Andros, Monstroid, the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Battle Armor Faker.
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    My guess is that if they are trying to get these out at retail, then they are not going to be going the obscure character route.

I will guess a Filmation versions of Man-at-Arms with armor on both arms/shins and a mustache head, Beast Man, Shadow Weaver, and Bow.....to even out the MOTU/POP ratio of that last wave.

I know He-Ro/Eldor point to their willingness to get some more obscure characters out there, so we'll see, but I can't see Geldor and Lodar sitting in retail stores and the mass market eating those up. I'd say He-Ro and Eldor are even a gamble, and maybe should be saved for just online sales, and leave the retail line to Filmation versions of known characters.
    Nice call on the Man-at-Arms and Beastman.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

The obvious ones for wave 2 would be formation versions of Man At Arms, mer man, clawful and the Sorceress.

Widget
    Some guys I’d love to see:

Faker
    Teela
    Orko
    Bow
    Photog
    Castle Grayskullman

And, as I’ve said many times before, I hope the designers start making up their own guys for something fun and new.

I think it could be....

-Stratos
    -MerMan
    -Teela
    -Zodac

....Obviously Filmation versions.
    Odd Man Out

Widget
    Beast Man and Man at arms were already shown in NY. So my guess is then:

Beast man, Man at arms, Mer-man and Stratos

(changed from Ram man, which would require completely different tooling and is therefore very unlikely imho)
    Last edited by Lasastard; June 25, 2018 at 08:19am.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I will guess a Filmation versions of Man-at-Arms with armor on both arms/shins and a mustache head, Beast Man,
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    As much as I'd love to get figures like Icer, Strongarm and Fangman in this line (and I certainly hope we will!), looking at that Beast Man and Man at Arms for sure makes me hope for a similarly done Mer-Man and Stratos.

I'm just guessing more than anything, but since this is a new line, I can't imagine seeing any 'obscure' characters for quite a while. I think they'll be sticking to A and B Listers for a bit.

That said, I love C and D List characters from many properties, and anybody that knows me will tell you that! Haha!
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; June 25, 2018 at 05:52pm.
    Odd Man Out

Knowing me, knowing you.. Mendoc's Avatar
    I think these look amazing! Really hope they do all the original 8 like this.

I want vehicles! I want the collector and filmation attack trakk! But above all, I want GIGANTASAUR! Plus reissue of Giants!

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Plus reissue of Giants!
    This HAS to happen!
    "Peanut nostrils, happy clams."
    -Michael J. Nelson

Heroic Warrior
    Bow
    Catra
    Shadow Weaver
    Glimmer

Their Filmation designs are all vastly different to their original figures (and in the case of Shadow Weaver, she never received a vintage figure). Bow in particular would be great to see on the standard, vintage male buck.

With the upcoming She-Ra and the Princesses of Power reboot on Netflix, I think it makes sense for Super7 to cash in on nostalgia for the original series.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Much like She-Ra was redone in a proper MOTU shape, I'd love to see a Bow done in the same manner!

Widget
    might have missed it, but any guess when wave two figures will be released if the first group comes out in september?

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    Much like She-Ra was redone in a proper MOTU shape, I'd love to see a Bow done in the same manner!
    Yeah I hope they make Bow in the MOTU style. The original POP version looks way too boyish by comparison to He-Man. Strangely enough most of the characters I would want added to the series are actually more She-Ra related than He-Man and therefore most are women lol. I’m really hoping for Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, Catra, Octavia, Adora, Glimmer, and Queen Marlena. Swiftwind too. Also Imp needs to be included as an accessory for someone.