Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Mega Construx Heroes - Series 3 - Man-At-Arms, Faker, Evil-Lyn - PixelDan walkthrough

The main property I want to see turn up in MCX is THUNDERCATS. That would be total fun on a bun!! I want some Third Earth-ians to go along side my Eternians!

Other than that, I would like any of the following, which are far more unlikely....

-BLACKSTAR
    -BRAVE STARR
    -DUNGEONS & DRAGONS
    -CRYSTAR
    -SECTAURS
    -Classic BATTLESTAR GALACTICA
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; September 5, 2018 at 07:49pm.
    Odd Man Out

Wave 5 is official now:

Scareglow
    Stratos

announced at Powercon

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    Voltron is out of bounds. LEGO has the license for the Lion Force. I am guessing the license covers Vehicle, Gladiator, Legendary Defender, V3, and Netflix also.

Sent from my LGL56VL using Tapatalk
    I doubt Lego has the license to various Voltron iterations. Unless that's how the property is licensed. The Lego Go-Lion was just a one-off item. When Lego got the Voltron license, it may not even have been exclusive. Either way, I don't see Mega Construx making/pursuing Voltron.

One the Mega Construx official forums, a Mega Construx rep liked the idea of Thundercats (either Lion-O or Panthro was mentioned) in the MCX line. Depending on how that property's license is being handled (WB wasn't licensing it out at one point), I can see MC getting the license. Especially as the new show might help draw attention to the property.

I still think Skyrim would be a good license for Mega Construx. The ability to customize your character in the game would translate well to figures. Mega Construx may even be able to reuse some of their viking parts.

Regarding Battle Cat. Mega Bloks released some mounts for their Warcraft line. When Mega Bloks showed off some concept pieces at SDCC years ago, they used a Warcraft sabretooth tiger as the basis for a Battle Cat. This was when they showed off their proof-of-concept Castle Greyskull. In regards to how they'd packaged Battle Cat, he'd likely be in a small box and come packaged with some kind of He-Man variation. Probably a ~$10 set. Maybe have some terrain to add some pieces to the count.

2015_sdcc_motuc_mattel02__scaled_600_full.jpg

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayfish View Post
    Wave 5 is official now:

Scareglow
    Stratos

announced at Powercon
    Did the Mattel say when wave 5 would be hitting stores?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    Did the Mattel say when wave 5 would be hitting stores?
    Awesome news. But no.

Has Wave 4 hit yet?

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Has Wave 4 hit yet?
    No sightings have been reported from what I have seen. Wave 3 barely made it out and has not hit saturation yet. I wouldn't expect wave 4 to hit until November/December and then wave 5 in February/March.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Finding these in stores is super frustrating. So far, I’ve found Beastman and Faker. That’s it. Was hoping to not have to go to a third hand dealer, but it looks like many will be forced to so that they can fill gaps in their collections. The ratios in the cases (especially Teela) are highly disappointing.
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and original here

Here in the UK I have never run into any Construx MOTU in shops. I got all from Ebay. Hopefully that will change in the future, there’s quite a lot of decent toy/collectibles shops around

I've only seen Wave 1 around here in MA.

IRONY: An action figure line that sells great, yet is never in stock.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    IRONY: An action figure line that sells great, yet is never in stock.
    Its because Mattel decided to use Walmart. I have said it on here before, and I will say it again....Walmart gets all these properties and even exclusives thru its "big boy presence" but then it never honors its side of the deal. It gets free advertisement on the properties websites (IE: Now available at Walmart or Only at Walmart) but never stocks the item beyond the most basic requirement. Even as little as 1 store per state (EVEN LESS AT TIMES). I wish companies would stop giving them these deals....but with the death of TOY R US I can imagine it will only get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    Its because Mattel decided to use Walmart. I have said it on here before, and I will say it again....Walmart gets all these properties and even exclusives thru its "big boy presence" but then it never honors its side of the deal. It gets free advertisement on the properties websites (IE: Now available at Walmart or Only at Walmart) but never stocks the item beyond the most basic requirement. Even as little as 1 store per state (EVEN LESS AT TIMES). I wish companies would stop giving them these deals....but with the death of TOY R US I can imagine it will only get worse.
    If only Mattel had a website where you could order these directly.... Maybe a website for collectors....

One of my local Walmarts got another case of wave 3 Heroes. There were only 2 Aliens left but most of the other figures were still there (including at least 4 Fakers).
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Found Faker at Kroger of all places. They had a 2 for 5 sale on them. Picked up 3 fakers and the only Leo. Couldn't pass them up for 2.50.

For any Canadians struggling to find these like I have been (except for series 1), Amazon.ca finally has wave 3 and wave 2 up for preorder. I was able to place orders for all the MOTU mini figures I’m missing. These little guys have been a real pain to locate up here North of the border, so here’s your chance my fellow Canucks!