Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 1011

Thread: Super7 wave 1 CC & CG arrival thread...

  1. #26
    Guardian of Grayskull zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    13,605
    So far Quakke, Hordak and Fangor (still) look like the best of the bunch! Such a bummer about Teela and Hawke, but whaddya gonna do at this point.

  2. #27
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    4,685
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    So far Quakke, Hordak and Fangor (still) look like the best of the bunch! Such a bummer about Teela and Hawke, but whaddya gonna do at this point.
    Argh... as much as LOVE Quakke, I wish that what you just said was actually the other way around...

    I would sacrifice the quality of Lodar, Fang-Or, Hordak, and yes, even Quakke in order to have the best Teela and Hawke possible. Sadly, this will not be.
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

  3. #28
    Earth Intruder Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pluto
    Posts
    1,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Argh... as much as LOVE Quakke, I wish that what you just said was actually the other way around...

    I would sacrifice the quality of Lodar, Fang-Or, Hordak, and yes, even Quakke in order to have the best Teela and Hawke possible. Sadly, this will not be.

    *horrified gasp*


    I don't even know you anymore, man...

    Vintage New Adventures deserves to be finished!
    MOTUC Top Ten Super 7 wants: KAYO, Hoove, Drissi, Crystoll, Chef Allen, any Catra variant, Nocturna, Red Knight, Clawdeen (flocked), Spinwit
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon, Skystalker, Shecky

  4. #29
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    4,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post

    *horrified gasp*


    I don't even know you anymore, man...

    ..... I know... you don't know how difficult it was for me to type that...

    Maybe I should have said that I would give up every figure save Quakke, Teela, and Duncan to ensure better quality?

    Yeah.... I'll go with that!
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

  5. #30
    Heroic Warrior CanadaClassics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Orleans ON Canada
    Posts
    1,849
    Teela has a curse on her...I really think she does...
    2015
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !


    MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

  6. #31
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles(Long Beach)
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Teela has a curse on her...I really think she does...
    Classics Teela was awesome, BG Teela was good. I wish Mattel had released Teela in their first CG wave I think they might have done her a little better

  7. #32
    Heroic Warrior melkor23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bavaria, Germany
    Posts
    141
    I think the Super7 MotUC Wave 1 is decent and all the nerd rage was complete unnecessary. Here are my pictures: https://flickr.com/photos/108106813@...57691933816511

  8. #33
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    300
    Thank you for that, Melkor. I think they look great!

  9. #34
    Heroic Warrior jscott991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,333
    Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    I think the Super7 MotUC Wave 1 is decent and all the nerd rage was complete unnecessary. Here are my pictures: https://flickr.com/photos/108106813@...57691933816511
    Your Teela's face looks good. The hips seem like the wide peg.

    Hawke is . . . best left undiscussed.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

    Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

  10. #35
    Heroic Warrior Arek Brimstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    Hawke is . . . best left undiscussed.
    Even if the manufacturing was perfect (which actually, Melkor's looks pretty good, I think), seeing her right next to Stratos shows everything that was wrong with her design and inclusion in Classics in the first place, in my opinion.

    I'm afraid Granita is going to be exactly the same when next to Rokkon and Stonedar. :-(

  11. #36
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles(Long Beach)
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    I think the Super7 MotUC Wave 1 is decent and all the nerd rage was complete unnecessary. Here are my pictures: https://flickr.com/photos/108106813@...57691933816511
    Teela's eyebrows are brutal

  12. #37
    Ravage ThunderCat blackiecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    8,194
    Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    I think the Super7 MotUC Wave 1 is decent and all the nerd rage was complete unnecessary. Here are my pictures: https://flickr.com/photos/108106813@...57691933816511
    Amazing pictures! Your Teela looks beautiful and the hips on both her and Hawke look great. The Hawke head is definitely too big though and it's clear in these pictures (I know I've gone back and forth on that the last few weeks! lol) I'm glad we are getting the Delora head as that looks a LOT better

    Can't wait for mine to arrive
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

    Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

  13. #38
    Heroic Warrior jscott991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,333
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    The Hawke head is definitely too big though and it's clear in these pictures (I know I've gone back and forth on that the last few weeks! lol) I'm glad we are getting the Delora head as that looks a LOT better
    I have to say that I don't see this at all. As Lulu explained, they are exactly the same except the hair. And I haven't seen the effect in the pics of Delora seeming smaller (or having a better chin) that others have.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

    Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

  14. #39
    Royal Guard chuc98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    7,960
    Loving the pics! I'm excited for mine to arrive!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

  15. #40
    Heroic Warrior melkor23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bavaria, Germany
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    I have to say that I don't see this at all. As Lulu explained, they are exactly the same except the hair. And I haven't seen the effect in the pics of Delora seeming smaller (or having a better chin) that others have.
    Honestly I also think that Delora‘s chin is slightly shorter and thinner than Hawke‘s - but it‘s a really, really little difference.

  16. #41
    Ravage ThunderCat blackiecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    8,194
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    I have to say that I don't see this at all. As Lulu explained, they are exactly the same except the hair. And I haven't seen the effect in the pics of Delora seeming smaller (or having a better chin) that others have.
    I think it might be down to the faces having a slightly different shape to them and Delora doesn't look as 'square' as the Hawke head does. They might be the same size but Delora's head just looks better (could be optical illusion due to the varying face shapes)
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

    Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

  17. #42
    Heroic Warrior jscott991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,333
    Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    Honestly I also think that Delora‘s chin is slightly shorter and thinner than Hawke‘s - but it‘s a really, really little difference.
    Interesting. I've been looking at all the shots of Hawke's development (4H's instagram, the pics on BigBadToyStore, Super7's older pics), and it's really odd that Hawke's head swelled up.

    I wonder if Delora is closer to what they actually intended (assuming, of course, they aren't the same head with blonde v. red hair).

    I've looked at your pics and all of Lulu's and I still just don't see the difference, but obviously you have a much better angle.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

    Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

  18. #43
    Heroic Warrior KUZEH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,396
    Well,
    I tried heating TriKlops visor, it wonít budge...
    Used an xacto knife too to cut any possible glue remains on the ridge but didnít work either... such a bummer

    I also noticed that the peg on Hordakís cannon arm doesnít seem to have articulation and pops out of position if you lift it more than 90 degrees due to the armor bones


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

    My Feedback thread!!

  19. #44
    Darkness The Timeless One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by Arek Brimstone View Post
    Even if the manufacturing was perfect (which actually, Melkor's looks pretty good, I think), seeing her right next to Stratos shows everything that was wrong with her design and inclusion in Classics in the first place, in my opinion.
    From photos alone, it would seem that Hawke is missing an obvious degree of detail in the sculpt and paint apps when side-by-side with Stratos. I'll wait until I have her in-hand, but honestly, up front this disappoints me some. I appreciate the new articulation points/designs in her (and the others), but the sculpt and/or paint work on Hawke is still quite saliently lacking compared to her Classics companion(s). Granted, her wings seem to have detail to them, but that just sort of makes it seem all the more odd that the rest of her lacks it.

    *shrug*

    Can't want to have my CC set in-hand to closely examine all this myself. Perhaps do another critique/closer-look video, heh.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

  20. #45
    Heroic Hyperborean NorthCoast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,876
    Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Well,
    I tried heating TriKlops visor, it won’t budge...
    Used an xacto knife too to cut any possible glue remains on the ridge but didn’t work either... such a bummer

    I also noticed that the peg on Hordak’s cannon arm doesn’t seem to have articulation and pops out of position if you lift it more than 90 degrees due to the armor bones


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did you try placing it in some boiling water for a short time?

    Btw, do these have the ML style ankle pivots?
    Hey Super 7, Snake Mountain rocks! Let's Kickstart it!

  21. #46
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    300
    As a complete novice with these things: won't boiling water damage the paint apps on a figure? Quite curious about this.

  22. #47
    Heroic Warrior manic mailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Did you try placing it in some boiling water for a short time?

    Btw, do these have the ML style ankle pivots?
    Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Well,
    I tried heating TriKlops visor, it wonít budge...
    Used an xacto knife too to cut any possible glue remains on the ridge but didnít work either... such a bummer

    I also noticed that the peg on Hordakís cannon arm doesnít seem to have articulation and pops out of position if you lift it more than 90 degrees due to the armor bones


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i was gonna also suggest boiling water. toss a cup in the microwave for 3 minutes or til it bubbles then toss the head in there. hot water is more effective than blow dryer if joint is really stuck

  23. #48
    Heroic Warrior jscott991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Pygmalion View Post
    As a complete novice with these things: won't boiling water damage the paint apps on a figure? Quite curious about this.
    I've used boiling water many times to straighten items, fix a reversed leg, make it easier to put heads on, etc.

    I am actually a lot more scared of melting things with a hair dryer.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

    Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

  24. #49
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5,340
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    I've used boiling water many times to straighten items, fix a reversed leg, make it easier to put heads on, etc.

    I am actually a lot more scared of melting things with a hair dryer.
    its been said boiling water can change the quality of the plastic on a molecular level that's why people started using the hair dryer
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

    Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.


    Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

    Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

  25. #50
    Heroic Warrior jscott991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,333
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    its been said boiling water can change the quality of the plastic on a molecular level that's why people started using the hair dryer
    I guess that's a risk. You also aren't supposed to quite boil it. The tip I received years ago was microwave a coffee cup full of water for about 2 minutes (before it's boiling) and then only stick the item in for 30 seconds. I find it helps to run cold water on it quickly, if it takes the shape you want.

    I've straightened a great many miniature Enterprise engines, swords, and staffs that way without doing much, if anything, other than lowering them in. They straighten on their own.

    The hair dryer, in my experience, makes things a lot gummier before they harden back up. But I have very little experience with it. I recommend people use what works for them.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

    Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •