Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 wave 1 CC & CG arrival thread...

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Teela has a curse on her...I really think she does...
    Ultimate Teela is beautiful.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdude

Hawk looks like that chick in high school that was super annoying, but really nice at the same time. Deep down inside you hated her, but couldn't be mean cause she was always so nice.

Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdude

'WunDar' Bread Enthusiast Afterlife07's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    I guess that's a risk. You also aren't supposed to quite boil it. The tip I received years ago was microwave a coffee cup full of water for about 2 minutes (before it's boiling) and then only stick the item in for 30 seconds. I find it helps to run cold water on it quickly, if it takes the shape you want.

I've straightened a great many miniature Enterprise engines, swords, and staffs that way without doing much, if anything, other than lowering them in. They straighten on their own.

The hair dryer, in my experience, makes things a lot gummier before they harden back up. But I have very little experience with it. I recommend people use what works for them.
    I just run a hair dryer on mine on a low setting for maybe 10-20 seconds (this helps with popping off heads), then I immediately drop them in a food storage container with warm-hot tap for about 30-40 seconds.

That has always loosened up joints for me without fail without hurting the figures. My tap's run very hot water, so it's not quite boiling, but warm enough to feel a little uncomfortable.
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.
    - Groucho Marx

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    its been said boiling water can change the quality of the plastic on a molecular level that's why people started using the hair dryer
    I never have understood how that idea became the prevailing wisdom. It's the application of heat that would affect the physical properties of the plastic. Get something too hot or too cold you can alter it's state. But heat from water and heat from air have zero difference, it's all the temperature.

I prefer boiling water because it's faster, but I do always manage to burn myself with a drop or 2 that gets into the head

I’ve used a hairdryer tons of times, I’ve used boiling water tons of times. Both work well, but sometimes water is better when you need evenly applied heat quickly. It’s quieter too, lol.
    Hey Super 7, Snake Mountain rocks! Let's Kickstart it!

Question:
    Who have received the wave1 figures from Super7, have received a shipment e-mail before?
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    I think the Super7 MotUC Wave 1 is decent and all the nerd rage was complete unnecessary. Here are my pictures: https://flickr.com/photos/108106813@...57691933816511
    It's all good, and thank you for those cool pics.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    I never have understood how that idea became the prevailing wisdom. It's the application of heat that would affect the physical properties of the plastic. Get something too hot or too cold you can alter it's state. But heat from water and heat from air have zero difference, it's all the temperature.

I prefer boiling water because it's faster, but I do always manage to burn myself with a drop or 2 that gets into the head
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I’ve used a hairdryer tons of times, I’ve used boiling water tons of times. Both work well, but sometimes water is better when you need evenly applied heat quickly. It’s quieter too, lol.

I use water too. Never had a problem. Boil it, put it in a mug. Dunk toy for a bit etc etc. The only motuc figure I have who could conceivably find themselves receiving some hair-dryer torture treatment, is moss-man.

Far easier to kill a toy with a hair dryer than with hot water!

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    I think the Super7 MotUC Wave 1 is decent and all the nerd rage was complete unnecessary. Here are my pictures: https://flickr.com/photos/108106813@...57691933816511
    Yes! Thanks for sharing, i really like the way you displayed a few of them like for instance He-man
    prisoner of Lodar's chains, i kept wondering how efficient the outcome could be ... Same for our reptilian Man At Arms (Fangor) repairing the combat trainer, that's awesome!

My only criticism will be Teela's look, i know how delicate it is to paint such a small zone and i deplore that cause as is, it's like she was hypnotized or something ... Hawke's head sounds a bit too big on this pic as well, but solutions are there.
    Last edited by OnlyOneSkeletor; February 21, 2018 at 06:38am.
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Flee The Moon" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8qrmaFmq0

Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    Ultimate Teela is beautiful.

I agree. She was really well done.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I agree. She was really well done.
    Concur. The original Teela is, in my opinion, by far and away the best female figure of the line. And the Ultimate version just made it even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Arek Brimstone View Post
    Concur. The original Teela is, in my opinion, by far and away the best female figure of the line. And the Ultimate version just made it even better.
    Classics Teela is a great figure. Ultimate Teela is probably a bit better. But, honestly, BG Evil-Lyn is the peak version of this buck (no bobble-heading, better joints and hands, etc., excellent paint apps).
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Heroic Warrior
    Hi I was wondering those who have Hordak, what do you all think? He looks really good from the pics and even though I'm not really a CG fan, I'm thinking of buying him through BBTS. Any issues with him in hand?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Hi I was wondering those who have Hordak, what do you all think? He looks really good from the pics and even though I'm not really a CG fan, I'm thinking of buying him through BBTS. Any issues with him in hand?
    Hordak is sold out on BBTS
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Hordak is sold out on BBTS
    Really? I guess that happened in the past week or so. Thanks for letting me know!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Really? I guess that happened in the past week or so. Thanks for letting me know!
    If the Ultimates are any guide, he will pop up back in stock frequently after BBTS get its shipment (a lot of people cancel when they are prompted to finalize their billing preferences).

Just pay attention each day.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by Zodac View Post
    I use water too. Never had a problem. Boil it, put it in a mug. Dunk toy for a bit etc etc. The only motuc figure I have who could conceivably find themselves receiving some hair-dryer torture treatment, is moss-man.

Far easier to kill a toy with a hair dryer than with hot water!

I use a small desk lamp ..that works very well..too...
    White jays, white horse , white wrist , white Porsche -

Heroic Warrior
    If the Ultimates are any guide, he will pop up back in stock frequently after BBTS get its shipment (a lot of people cancel when they are prompted to finalize their billing preferences).

Just pay attention each day.
    Ok thanks, I will!

Classics Teela is a great figure. Ultimate Teela is probably a bit better. But, honestly, BG Evil-Lyn is the peak version of this buck (no bobble-heading, better joints and hands, etc., excellent paint apps).
    The paint apps are slightly cleaner on my original Teela, but Ultimate Teela has adjustable bracers, so I can make them not backwards...so, I agree, I think Ultimate version wins.

I'd have to compare with BG Evil-Lyn, which I also like, but I think the face sculpt on Teela is still my favorite of all the females in the line.

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post

I always use water too. Easy, works well, doesn't damage the plastic. It's water, not acid.

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar

Super7 wave 1 CC & CG arrival thread...

Someone posted a response from Super7 saying that they planned on having everything shipped by Tuesday of this week (yesterday). I still haven't received a shipping notification and have no packages scheduled for delivery. Anyone else still waiting? I'm not bugged or impatient. Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    Someone posted a response from Super7 saying that they planned on having everything shipped by Tuesday of this week (yesterday). I still haven't received a shipping notification and have no packages scheduled for delivery. Anyone else still waiting? I'm not bugged or impatient. Just curious.

I haven't received anything yet from Super 7 yet... should I he concerned? IDK, I'll give it a few days before writing them. A shipping notice would have been nice tho
    It always takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to edit this signature

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

I also haven't received anything yet from Super 7. I ordered just the Filmation 4 plus an extra Teela in anticipation of "female problems". My guess is it might be that extra figure that is causing the holdup. I'm going to wait until this time next week then I will inquire about my order with S7.

'WunDar' Bread Enthusiast Afterlife07's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FAN-DOR View Post
    I also haven't received anything yet from Super 7. I ordered just the Filmation 4 plus an extra Teela in anticipation of "female problems". My guess is it might be that extra figure that is causing the holdup. I'm going to wait until this time next week then I will inquire about my order with S7.
    I think mine is waiting on the extra Hawke/ Delora I bought. The mystery package on my USPS tracking is still out there, and other mystery one turned out not to be mine at all, and was probably someone else's tracking number crammed into my Informed Delivery. I called Super7 yesterday just to verify they didn't ship it just in case (they said it was likely it hadn't).

Anyway, I digress, I'm sure they will arrive any day now, the guy on the phone said he didn't know much about the online orders (he worked in the physical store), but he said they will definitely be sending tracking numbers. I assume NYTF was also a factor since it's a small team and they probably had half their people in New York over the weekend. Just a weird coincidence that they had them arrive while they were in NY (same thing happened with Ultimates didn't it? They were at SDCC when they started shipping?)
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.
    - Groucho Marx

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post

I haven't and many others haven't. Most likely tomorrow or friday. And people are getting the email day of.