Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 wave 1 CC & CG arrival thread...

Heroic Warrior
    Finally got my figures. Everything looks okay (or at least what I expected) except one of my Man-At-Arms has a backwards loincloth. His butt is in the front.

Does anyone know if this is an easy fix? I've never taken apart one of these figures before, and even if I did, I imagine the loincloth is glued on.

Or, is anyone having luck getting replacements?

Also, one other minor issue-- Triklops' skin is swirled with orange pigment. Both of my figures are like this, like he got a bad spray tan and missed a bunch of spots. Has anyone else mentioned this on the thread? I can live with it, but I've been collecting these figures from almost the beginning, and I've never seen anything quite like it.

poor teela.. maybe third times a charm?

maybe she should chat with castapella's doctor since was beautifully done
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Heroic Warrior
    I don't know - Brain said that if you take a really close photo of your figures they won't look as good, so these might be fine if you take a picture from a distance j/k those are bad
    Last edited by Powersword123; March 15, 2018 at 03:40pm.

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    Aw, those definitely need replacing. That's really a disappointment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Thanks! He created or helped develop most of my favorite characters, including The Faceless One, and I just felt like it was the right thing to do.
    Very cool. Who else did he create? I'm curious now, because The Faceless One is a very awesome design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    poor teela.. maybe third times a charm?

maybe she should chat with castapella's doctor since was beautifully done
    Yeah. Casta did have the best face, I think, of Classics.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    No more weird than Larry DiTillio not having a Faceless One figure (you'll remember he created that character - among many others)... I gave him one at the second Power Con, because I asked him if he'd been given one by you/Mattel, and he said, with some sadness, "No..."
    THAT is messed up AND Good of you to do that. Bravo!

Hmmm...." the stories I could tell..." and all the things i'll make sure to leave out.

BTW..has anyone received any orders from BBTS and how long did you wait for delivery?
    Last edited by ksharpe; March 15, 2018 at 05:49pm.

Both my sets arrived today. I can’t see any issues with them in the package. I’ll probably crack them open this weekend.
    Don't turn nothing down but your collar.

Quote Originally Posted by ChgoMarc View Post
    Both my sets arrived today. I can’t see any issues with them in the package. I’ll probably crack them open this weekend.
    Don't forget Wave 2 preorder closes tonight midnight Pacific time.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Aww, man... I'm sorry for you. After all this time waiting - you ended up with lemons....

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarliehog View Post
    Finally got my figures. Everything looks okay (or at least what I expected) except one of my Man-At-Arms has a backwards loincloth. His butt is in the front.

Does anyone know if this is an easy fix? I've never taken apart one of these figures before, and even if I did, I imagine the loincloth is glued on.

Or, is anyone having luck getting replacements?

Also, one other minor issue-- Triklops' skin is swirled with orange pigment. Both of my figures are like this, like he got a bad spray tan and missed a bunch of spots. Has anyone else mentioned this on the thread? I can live with it, but I've been collecting these figures from almost the beginning, and I've never seen anything quite like it.
    Well, that's discouraging... I'm not sure how the plastic is colored, but it sounds like you got a figure where the coloring process didn't completely mix. I wonder how many of these figures are out there...

Also, that stinks about your Man-At-Arms... I am dumbfounded by the amount of figures that were assembled in such a poor manner! How do they make it past the QC check?!?

Quote Originally Posted by ksharpe View Post
    BTW..has anyone received any orders from BBTS and how long did you wait for delivery?
    I don't think BBTS has received their shipments yet.

I have orders in with both Super7 and BBTS, and I haven't heard from either one. BBTS usually sends an alert email about five days before stock arrives to let you know when to expect your card to be charged.
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Unfortunately I missed both wave1s and they're sold out on BBTS now

'WunDar' Bread Enthusiast Afterlife07's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I don't think BBTS has received their shipments yet.

I have orders in with both Super7 and BBTS, and I haven't heard from either one. BBTS usually sends an alert email about five days before stock arrives to let you know when to expect your card to be charged.
    They are expecting them this coming week, they know they are in transit right now. Had to ask them about a pile of loot shipment question, I'm just waiting on an extra Hordak I ordered through them, and this is what I was told like 1-2 days back.
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.
    - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Red Trinity View Post
    Aww wow! Sorry you got a factory damaged figure.

Here is the message I see from super7 about replacing damaged items, be sure to include those pictures in with your email to them, they will want them to process your replacement. Good Luck.

"Super7 Please send an e-mail to orders@super7store.com. We are responding to every message in the order received."

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    Well, to be fair, my figures arrived yesterday afternoon....so technically they did get here before the cut-off for pre-ordering Wave 2. Of course, I'd already ordered Wave 2, so never mind...

Quake, Lodar, Fangor and Man-At-Arms are things of absolute beauty. Perhaps my only gripe is that I wish Fangor had some kind of utility belt for his tools, but otherwise all four of these are home runs. Quake especially - he's my favorite Mutant, he's been on my shortlist for a long time and I never thought he'd get made!

Hordak looks great, only problem is that something is wrong with the right ankle on mine...the joint is refusing to move and I'm worried about forcing it. I'll try heating it with a hair dryer tonight.

Tri-Klops - yep, visor's stuck. I'll have to try the hair dryer on him as well; also some missing paint spots on the visor right in the front (why didn't they mold it in green???). The figure looks good, though - hopefully if/when I get the visor going he'll be fine.

Teela- nowhere near as bad as I thought she would be. I have one leg peg longer, but it really doesn't look horrible, and I'd probably have just dismissed it as an oddity if I didn't know about the issue ahead of time. But otherwise I think she looks fine.

Hawke - OK, this one is a clunker. The leg pegs are too long, the head sits way too low esp. with that big chin, and I'm afraid of trying to change the head. I do think she's a little too Filmation-y, but I can live with it. What does annoy me the most is that her left arm wing is attached so that it runs up the inside of her arm, and it's stuck in place so I can't rotate it...meaning that I cannot bend her arm without mashing the wing. I'll try the hair dryer on her as well and see if that lets me rotate the wing, but overall Hawke's kind of a misfire.

All in all, though, I'm pretty pleased, and am honestly thrilled to be getting new MOTUC again. Hopefully Super7 will address the various pitfalls that have occurred throughout this wave, and will improve upon them (and not create new ones) for Wave 2- I am really looking forward to Wrap-Trap, Karg, and Mer-Man in particular!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

So it snapped off before or after you twisted?

It was not loose in two pieces like that in the package. But his entire waist was fused together. When I tried to twist it, the figure came apart. And the peg, which is now half in the torso and half in the waist is completely immovable.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    It was not loose in two pieces like that in the package. But his entire waist was fused together. When I tried to twist it, the figure came apart. And the peg, which is now half in the torso and half in the waist is completely immovable.
    And here is the kicker. They will not replace it! This is similar to what happened with my figure and today they emailed me saying they wont replace it because its not still in the package. I am so sorry to see yet another victim.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Email customer service and if they say we can't replace him it's out of the package you tell them I paid you for a working figure You shipped me a defective figure its supped to be able to turn at the waist not snap in half. You either replace it because it was defective from your factory or refund me in full for the figure end of story.

One thing I don't understand is how the Ultimates turned out so beautifully, but everything else is completely horrible. My guess is that with the Ultimates, all the main heavy lifting was already done by Mattel (sculpt, molds, designs, engineering). The stuff Super 7 made from scratch seems to have major problems. I hope that QC is addressed in a future video or something.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    One thing I don't understand is how the Ultimates turned out so beautifully, but everything else is completely horrible. My guess is that with the Ultimates, all the main heavy lifting was already done by Mattel (sculpt, molds, designs, engineering). The stuff Super 7 made from scratch seems to have major problems. I hope that QC is addressed in a future video or something.
    What needs to be addressed is what super7 CS is telling customers. Just because you opened the figure they can't replace it? Well the product shouldn't snap in half at the waist simply because you try to turn the waist which it's supped to do. That it snaps in half shows it was poorly assembled at the factory so open or closed package a reputable company will ask for pictures reply saying were very sorry this happened we strive to make a quality product and this figure should not have broken like that and then offer a resolution in the form of either a figure replacement or refund if they don't have another figure to replace it with but to say sorry You opened the figure we can't help you is extreamly poor business and Didn't Brian say were not out to make a crappy figure?

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    The Ultimates were produced at the same factory Mattel used to produce the Classics. Starting with the Power Con figures, different factory, different type of plastic used, etc.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamandra View Post

Very cool. Who else did he create? I'm curious now, because The Faceless One is a very awesome design.
    Larry didn't draw characters, but certainly created them on the page via the scripts and materials he wrote for both Filmation and MYP. Many feel he is one of the greatest writers, if not THE greatest, to ever work on Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power.

In addition to the Faceless One, Larry DiTillio created Granamyr, Shadow Weaver, Shokoti, Lord Masque, Kittrina, Skytree, and Melaktha, among others!

My figures came in last week, btw. So far, I've opened Hawke/Delora, Tri-Klops, Teela, and Man-At-Arms. I think they all look great so far, and I haven't had any problems. *fingers crossed*

I gave Hawke and Delora their necks back by using a little putty, as others have done. It actually helps a great deal and I think they are pretty cool. Used the hair dryer just to make sure the heads would go on and off easily.

I like Teela a lot and I feel she looks great in person. This one is a thousand times better than Point Dread Teela, which I have displayed with the snazzy helmeted pilot head. I'm pretty laid back about such things, but even I think the unhelmeted Point Dread Teela head is nightmarish. This CG version is miles better as far as I'm concerned.

Tri-Klops' green looks cool, imo. It's not nearly as bright as the pictures indicated, but it is brighter than the hunter green, and I actually dig it a lot. It looks like the animation cel color, and I'm totally fine with that for Tri-Klops. However, I would NOT be down for that with Mer-Man and I sincerely hope he's the more blueish-green color we saw on TV screens. I don't want him to be the green color of the animation cels.

I was able to fix Tri-Klops' visor pretty easily too. I put him under the hair dryer for exactly one minute, held his chin and hair and pulled up on the visor to loosen it. It wouldn't come off right away. I heated for another full minute, grabbed the chin and hair again, and carefully "peeled" the visor off his head. I popped it back on and, viola, it spins. It was pretty easy.

Man-At-Arms is a masterpiece. I mean, wow, they nailed it with him. Teela is cool but doesn't QUITE match the cartoon. Duncan is 100% dead-on though.

I'm saving Hordak, Quakke, Fang-Or, and Lodar for upcoming days.

Oh, and can I just say that I love the fact that they don't use a million rubber bands on these?! These are much easier to remove from the packages.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; March 16, 2018 at 05:37pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    What needs to be addressed is what super7 CS is telling customers. Just because you opened the figure they can't replace it? Well the product shouldn't snap in half at the waist simply because you try to turn the waist which it's supped to do. That it snaps in half shows it was poorly assembled at the factory so open or closed package a reputable company will ask for pictures reply saying were very sorry this happened we strive to make a quality product and this figure should not have broken like that and then offer a resolution in the form of either a figure replacement or refund if they don't have another figure to replace it with but to say sorry You opened the figure we can't help you is extreamly poor business and Didn't Brian say were not out to make a crappy figure?
    Yeah definitely. My hawke neck peg broke when I tried to switch to the alternative head. It's supposed to be designed to be swapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak View Post
    And here is the kicker. They will not replace it! This is similar to what happened with my figure and today they emailed me saying they wont replace it because its not still in the package. I am so sorry to see yet another victim.
    that sucks I was afraid of this happening. My Teela came with horrid paint slop and a cracked left shoulder, and my Hordak's Horde symbol is peeling off, and my Duncan's face had brown paint slop. So, based on reports of Super 7's poor customer service and return policy. I just bought a new Teela, Man-at-arms, and Hordak off of ebay. I had to pay twice what I paid Super 7 for them, but I was able zoom in on the seller pictures and ask the seller questions and get 3 good figures. So basically their return policy is "you're SOL, but we got that sweet up front preorder money, yo!!"

They took our money in what we thought would be an exchange for quality product, but we got inferior final products and no way to use x-ray vision or clairvoyance to see if the toy was defective before opening. I preordered wave 2 on the first day it was offered, but when/if Wave 3 comes along, I will just wait for ebay. At least there, I can look at pictures before I buy or wait until someone sells them loose and ask the seller questions. I would rather pay $80 for a figure off Ebay, than $35 up front from Super7 then another $80 from ebay for a replacement.

Has anyone attempted to take a count? I'm wondering what percentage of Teela's have the long peg...
    Those who can master the kairu can become all-powerful Redakai

Heroic Warrior Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    After my disappointment with the Ultimates, I swore I'd never give Super7 my money again. At that time, however, wave 1 of CC and CG were already on preorder, and I didn't want to cancel my credit card. Now that I have these figures in hand, I've softened to the point where I might cherry pick an NA character through another vendor. However, I won't be giving Super7 any further money for a full wave. Joints are floppy and paint apps are too sloppy for $35 a figure. Part of Fangor's left fang is unpainted. Most of the figures had excessive oil on their joints. When I tried to wash the oil off of Man-At-Arms, some of his orange paint on the armor came off. Teela has one long hip connector. The right arms on both of my Hordaks won't come off to switch out the arm cannon. If I use more force, I just end up loosening the bicep swivel, and I'm terrified of breaking that joint. Then there's the Triklops color and visor fiasco. Worst of all, my Hawke has some dried brown grease all over the upper torso. I've contacted Super7 about a replacement. Here's a photo:
    DSCN4873.jpg

I don't think I ever expected to feel this much disappointment from spending over $300 for toys. I understand that Super7 has a learning curve, but this is their second wave from the new factory, third wave overall, and they swore to us that the delay would allow them to fix the QC issues. I can no longer trust Super7 to keep their word, and I don't want to keep throwing big money at them for this level of satisfaction. There are too many other things I can buy that will give me more happiness. If the line ends, so be it. I can't justify wasting this much money for this level of quality, especially when the next wave has no characters from my beloved NA.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?