Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Grayskull Teela Discussion Thread w/ Pixel Dan review

Totally Dyslexic

Club Grayskull Teela Discussion Thread w/ Pixel Dan review

Here is a review by Pixel Dan of Super7's release of MOTUC Club Grayskull (Filmation) Teela!
    Check it out:

------------------

I searched for this thread but i couldīt find one and i see a lot of talk about that particular figure in various threads.

So i decided to give her her own.

I can say from the start iīm one of the biggest Teela fans out there and this figure doesīt do Teela justice not the character and not the FILMATION look she is supposed to have.

Her face is not on the same level when you look at He-man or Evil Lyns figures. They really look like their cartoon counterparts. Her face is cartoonish and looks as if i had drawn her back in the 80-ies and not the fabulous FILMATION artists.

I know there are some who defend her with all their heart and thatīs okay but i simply canīt ignore all the things that are wrong with that figure and Teela the character deserves better if you ask me.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I searched for this thread but i couldīt find one and i see a lot of talk about that particular figure in various threads.

I can say from the start iīm one of the biggest Teela fans out there and this figure doesīt do Teela justice not the character and not the FILMATION look she is supposed to have.

Her face is not on the same level when you look at He-man or Evil Lyns figures. They really look like their cartoon counterparts. Her face is cartoonish and looks as if i had drawn her back in the 80-ies and not the fabulous FILMATION artists.

I know there are some who defend her with all their heart and thatīs okay but i simply canīt ignore all the things that are wrong with that figure and Teela the character deserves better if you ask me.
    I agree 💯%

Heroic Warrior
    Im hoping we get an "im sorry" new head in the future. The body is meh but I can live with it.

Not to start anything or minimize your issues with her. But do any of you actually have her in hand?
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Totally Dyslexic
    I can only speak for myself and i donīt have her yet. Iīm not sure if i want her actually.

Sure, i can put my extra head from her original release on that version but i think shouldīt have to do that.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I can only speak for myself and i donīt have her yet. Iīm not sure if i want her actually.

Sure, i can put my extra head from her original release on that version but i think shouldīt have to do that.
    I think eyes of the beholder applies here. Mine in hand looks great to me. My pics do not do it justice. Now some may have rougher heads but I can't find ana issue with mine...and trust me I'm looking.

I would really say if you love filmation and want teela from the toon,get her. The way toys are going these days the price jumps fast on them. I truly believe this may be the last tela in 6-7" form we see again.

Maybe even see if some stores will send a pic of the face so you could pick one out? Worth a try.

Any way I hope you get what you want.

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    I think eyes of the beholder applies here. Mine in hand looks great to me. My pics do not do it justice. Now some may have rougher heads but I can't find ana issue with mine...and trust me I'm looking.

I would really say if you love filmation and want teela from the toon,get her. The way toys are going these days the price jumps fast on them. I truly believe this may be the last tela in 6-7" form we see again.

Maybe even see if some stores will send a pic of the face so you could pick one out? Worth a try.

Any way I hope you get what you want.
    In another thread i found this picture ...

My Teelas look like that as well and they are gorgeous. Seeing the first failed attempt and the second go-round it simply shows how quality wise different they look compared to the original/re-issueed releases.
    And itīs not the style. Yes it has something to do with that i know but look at the face paint jobs alone.

Heroic Warrior
    Not to start anything or minimize your issues with her. But do any of you actually have her in hand?
    Im in CA i got my CG yesterday. The Classics I have preordered through BBTS and Im still not happy with Teela's heavy handed makeup in hand

Heroic Warrior sandrockgundam04's Avatar
    Thoughts on this being short or long peg?

Looks close to mine,left leg out a tiny bit more than the right. Take a crotch shot like I did in the arrival thread.

Good post! The reason her face isn't on par with the other Filmation style figures, is because her head sculpt is the one that was supposed to be used for Point Dread Teela. It wasn't a special sculpted Filmation head. Before the Chinese factory ruined PD Teela head, this was the one the 4H originally sculpted.

Super 7's mistake, I feel was in not sculpting a brand new, cartoon accurate head for Teela. It could have just been a cost saving measure, using existing molds and sculpts I can't fault them for that, but it would have been so much better to get a new head.

Short or long? I'm assuming long. Which, if so, isn't nearly as bad as I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by sandrockgundam04 View Post
    Short or long? I'm assuming long. Which, if so, isn't nearly as bad as I was expecting.

https://i.imgur.com/HBJ43ru.jpg

Looks like mine and I guess we are going with they are not the short ones. But I agree,if those are long they don't look that bad at all. Either way your teela looks nice and as long as you are happy that is all that matters. I am very happy with mine.

Looks like mine and I guess we are going with they are not the short ones. But I agree,if those are long they don't look that bad at all. Either way your teela looks nice and as long as you are happy that is all that matters. I am very happy with mine.
    http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/...psqgjcxjmj.jpg
    I'm overall pretty happy. She's not perfect but she's not a mess either, certainly not worth the flak S7 has gotten over her. She's a million times better than the PD Teela.

https://i.imgur.com/5o8uUOm.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/3qtMfeD.jpg
    Looks like Teela got a little shorter and her booty got a little bigger.

I think her face turned out well though. Might not be perfection but it's certainly not awful.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Heroic Warrior
    I find this thread a bit funny, most of the people posting about the "awful" Teela figure don't even have her in hand yet.

As is always the case, people who have received her and have reported that she is actually a good looking figure were some of the people who were ripping S7 a new one a few days ago.

MAYBE, the people who do not have her should hold off from trashing her until they get her in hand. As soon as I see a negative post from someone who does not have her yet, I skip right over it.

I for one will hold off judgement until I am in a position to look at the figure in hand and make an informed decision.

Heroic Warrior
    Got mine today hips look fine , head looks great, heard people complaining about her skin was too light but looks fine to me overall I'm pretty happy Thanks Super7. Let's get snake mountain going!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    To my pleasant surprise, I found that Teela isn't half as bad as I was expecting--if you shut her legs. She is a huge improvement from Filmation Evil-Lyn (the crotch is too wide, her cape is too wide, the head points down perpetually and she is sloppily painted).

My only real minor issue is her height, but even that issue lessened because I'm not comparing these with other Classics figures, only the Filmation figures. Evil-Lyn isn't that much taller (mostly because of that crotch that spreads her legs out).

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Is that giant trademark on the back of her leg as distracting in real life as it looks in that photo?

https://i.imgur.com/HBJ43ru.jpg
    http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/...psqgjcxjmj.jpg
    Whoa! Whoa!!!

Nobody told me that this thread was NSFW!!!!!

We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the NEW ADVENTURES lineup !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Is that giant trademark on the back of her leg as distracting in real life as it looks in that photo?
    Yes! She's branded for life

I think I lost the Teela lottery. Mine looks awful proportion-wise. She looks stumpy. The hips are WAY too wide. You can really see the mess in the back, unless Teela is supposed to have four butt cheeks. I have contacted Super7 to see if I can get a proper short peg one. i don't find her head to be too bad, although not what I was hoping.

Masters of the Universe Classics by jonwesleyhuff, on Flickr

Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar

https://i.imgur.com/5o8uUOm.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/3qtMfeD.jpg
    If this is the “long” peg, I’m completly ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I think I lost the Teela lottery. Mine looks awful proportion-wise. She looks stumpy. The hips are WAY too wide. You can really see the mess in the back, unless Teela is supposed to have four butt cheeks. I have contacted Super7 to see if I can get a proper short peg one. i don't find her head to be too bad, although not what I was hoping.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4764/...39b37097_c.jpgMasters of the Universe Classics by jonwesleyhuff, on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4621/...692d8caf_c.jpgMasters of the Universe Classics by jonwesleyhuff, on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4625/...f02b5746_c.jpgMasters of the Universe Classics by jonwesleyhuff, on Flickr
    Oy... .sorry. On the brightside she's better than PDT! Butt yeah, 4 cheeks is a bit much.

These both look terrible to me...

But the one on the right seems to have the longer peg. Man, they really butchered Teela...

teelab3.jpg
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the NEW ADVENTURES lineup !!!