Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Grayskull Teela Discussion Thread w/ Pixel Dan review

Heroic Warrior
    I think that evil Lynn is a lot worse then the super 7 girls , mine has a turkey neck her head is stuck in a downward stare and her face is two shades darker than her body and her hips whoa

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    I think that evil Lynn is a lot worse then the super 7 girls , mine has a turkey neck her head is stuck in a downward stare and her face is two shades darker than her body and her hips whoa
    Evil-Lyn has issues for sure but her face sculpt looks like Filmation were the new Teela's head does not. There is too much detail in the hair and the features are not quite there to be Filmation.teela.jpg Pop Culture Shock was able to capture the look of Filmation Teela. I can kinda see how the facial details might be hard at the 6" scale but there is no excuse for the overly detailed hair.

Teela is my second favorite character after Evil-Lyn, she deserves nothing less then perfection.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Folks' pictures of Teela continue to make her look bad, but then you see the ones with Hawke... and she's sooo much worse! Yikes.

Heroic Warrior
    I have concerns for the Sorceress in wave two. The preproduction sample looks great. I just hope they don’t paint her eyes like Teelas.
    Last edited by DMaynor; February 23, 2018 at 07:50pm.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Not to start anything or minimize your issues with her. But do any of you actually have her in hand?
    So mine arrived today and as far as the figure goes mine is on the better side of paint apps. No mishaps. Even the best of paint jobs however falls short of what we saw in the prototype. It seems that so far most of the other figures came out reasonably close to their hand painted versions (Tri-Klops' harness not withstanding). It's frustrating to those of us not in the industry to understand why this one charcater keeps under performing. Regardless of which sculpt S7 used the 4H prototype was great IMHO. It's not a bad figure at all, it's not as on point as the others in the line.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    That was hilarious, and a bit disturbing. Excellent work He-Bro!

Love!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    Hilarious and very impressive.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Evil-Lyn has issues for sure but her face sculpt looks like Filmation were the new Teela's head does not. There is too much detail in the hair and the features are not quite there to be Filmation.teela.jpg Pop Culture Shock was able to capture the look of Filmation Teela. I can kinda see how the facial details might be hard at the 6" scale but there is no excuse for the overly detailed hair.

Teela is my second favorite character after Evil-Lyn, she deserves nothing less then perfection.
    Yeah, Evil-Lyn was a hot mess construction wise, but the sculpt was there and with a little work she was great. Teela I'm not sure if I can get as toon accurate. I'm hoping with a repaint it will do the trick on the face and eyes, but time will tell.

Totally Dyslexic
    At the: Super7 Short MOTUC Ladies Thread this picture was posted:

Seeing that picture i wouldnīt say they are basically the same line. Sure one is FILMATION all they way and the other one is Teela from the FILMATION cartoon line but still

Teela looks like a twelve year old teenager compared to Frosta and here you can see how unnatural cartoonish Teelas face looks. Both their faces look okay but please remember:
    Frosta ended up with the most unattractive face of all the ladies.

I have her in real life and she still looks like a man with bad carnivals make up and a horrible party city wig.

Stupid me will buy that Teela eventually since she is one of my favorite characters but pictures like that should make SUPER 7 shudder and light a fire underneath them.

Brian said he thinks that Teela looks good and they wouldnīt make a disappointing figure on purpose. If okay is good enough for SUPER 7 i can say i expect from everyone to aim for the best and not for just okay.
    Maybe that makes me picky or like some "tiger mother" but i donīt mind. Be angry with me and the things i write as long as the figures iīm really looking forward to finally look as good as they should.

EDIT: And at that picture you can see how white outfits should look and how desperately we need a decent Frosta. No matter if she is even more detailed down(which would only mean a new belt... )
    Last edited by Niki; February 24, 2018 at 02:35pm.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4678/4...a3ffed51_o.jpg

Seeing that picture i wouldnīt say they are basically the same line. Sure one is FILMATION all they way and the other one is Teela from the FILMATION cartoon line but still

Teela looks like a twelve year old teenager compared to Frosta and here you can see how unnatural cartoonish Teelas face looks. Both their faces look okay but please remember:
    Frosta ended up with the most unattractive face of all the ladies.

I have her in real life and she still looks like a man with bad carnivals make up and a horrible party city wig.

Stupid me will buy that Teela eventually since she is one of my favorite characters but pictures like that should make SUPER 7 shudder and light a fire underneath them.

Brian said he thinks that Teela looks good and they wouldnīt make a disappointing figure on purpose. If okay is good enough for SUPER 7 i can say i expect from everyone to aim for the best and not for just okay.
    Maybe that makes me picky or like some "tiger mother" but i donīt mind. Be angry with me and the things i write as long as the figures iīm really looking forward to finally look as good as they should.

EDIT: And at that picture you can see how white outfits should look and how desperately we need a decent Frosta. No matter if she is even more detailed down(which would only mean a new belt... )
    Not really a fair comparison Niki. Two figures by two different toy companies and different desiners. Horsemen sculpt aside Someone in the company has to turn a painted sculpt into a working toy and mattel was famous for making the females too tall.

What I'm seeing is Filmation Teela isn't much shorter than the Other Filmation figures in the Club Grayskull line and she fits in.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Not really a fair comparison Niki. Two figures by two different toy companies and different desiners. Horsemen sculpt aside Someone in the company has to turn a painted sculpt into a working toy and mattel was famous for making the females too tall.

What I'm seeing is Filmation Teela isn't much shorter than the Other Filmation figures in the Club Grayskull line and she fits in.
    Mattel gave every figure more or less the same height. It was their choice and we had to accept it.

And yes itīs two different companies now but the line hasīt changed. They are introducing new rules and aesthetics with out communicating them with the costumers.

The new torso swivel for the female characters looks great and is a great addition since itīs a technical improvement but why give Teela butt cheeks while no one else has them? Why make a slimmer torso for Tri-Klops? And there is no real explanation for things like that...she had them in the cartoon – he had the same body as everyone else. And it appears Tri Klops and Lodar are taller than everyone else now as well.

In the end it comes down to decisions some one made and i can choose to like them and buy the product or not.

And why is it unfair to put two characters side by side who could be from the same line aesthetic wise and but donīt look like the same line anymore?
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    Only fig I ever had to get Matty to replace was Filmation Evil-Lyn. The peg holding her hand on was stretched out like spaghetti and the paint on her torso was really sloppy. Thankfully I got a replacement but the paint wasn't much better.

Has anyone else noticed that Teela actually has different articulation on her knees and elbows? They are ratcheted joints but one leg has more than the other. It's not a huge issue but it is rather odd that you can put one leg in more positions than the other. You would think the articulation would be the same across the whole figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    I agree... and while the Super7 face is close (as in her hair is red and she has blue eyes), I feel that they could definitely have made her portrait look much closer to her Filmation design. Especially after seeing how incredible Duncan turned out!!

face11.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4678/4...a3ffed51_o.jpg
    Wow!! I did not realize the size difference was that apparent!! Maybe this is the teenage Teela variant... that would explain why she doesn't quite capture the adult Teela portrait, and we will see a REAL Teela in wave three!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FAN-DOR View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that Teela actually has different articulation on her knees and elbows? They are ratcheted joints but one leg has more than the other. It's not a huge issue but it is rather odd that you can put one leg in more positions than the other. You would think the articulation would be the same across the whole figure.
    At this point, I am taking nothing for granted. I want my figures to look good when I finally receive them, but I am so afraid after reading so many other's comments!

I'm knocking on wood - daily!
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by FAN-DOR View Post
    A lot of things should have been the same with the whole figure Chock it up to another factory issue.

I also sent an email to Super7 Customer Care with a list of the QC issues we have found with Wave one thus far so Brian Flynn can address these issues with us or his Factory in China.

Medium leg pegs instead of small. Medium & small pegs used on the same female figures. Some teela figures with two right arms, Paint slop. and the Biggie Tri-Klops Visor being glued down.

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Even the Teelas I'm seeing where the eyes and lips are painted well, there's something about her overall face... like the plastic the entire figure is made out of looks... cheap, or unfinished somehow. She looks like a weird knock-off from a different line, or somebody's custom job, not something that should have cost $35. Especially when you see group shot photos- she sticks out like a sore thumb, to me at least. Which is crappy, because I'm seeing action poses where you can tell the articulation is great... you can put this figure into some nice dynamic poses that do indeed make her look like she came out of the cartoon. But the figure just looks like bad plastic to me.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    From the close-up pics of the face I've seen of actual arrivals, it looks like two things are off. The biggest is that the chin is much too pointed; Filmation drew her with a wider jawline. The almost straight line at the bottom of the chin should be wider, and the lines from there should not be bowing in the way they are. The eyes and eyebrows are the other problem. Now, the design and shape of the lines around the eyes are pretty much dead on both top and bottom to the way they were drawn, but the lines are about three times as thick as they should be. The eyebrows are about in the right place and shape, but, again, they are too thick.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    An interesting video review made by Toy Bro (his Teela looks fantastic! ) :
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Flee The Moon" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8qrmaFmq0

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    An interesting video review made by Toy Bro (his Teela looks fantastic! ) :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKpzz9j12dM
    Thanks for posting this

Widget
    Hello, I have received my 4 Club-Grayskull figures.
    I have not removed them from their package to have a first observation of each of them.
    As this post is about Teela, and I have already read some impressions about it, I have to say that my first impression is that the legs of the figure are not good, and therefore it is defective.
    Can not someone confirm that the legs are defective?
    Thank you.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sndanikilador View Post
    I have not removed them from their package to have a first observation of each of them.
    As this post is about Teela, and I have already read some impressions about it, I have to say that my first impression is that the legs of the figure are not good, and therefore it is defective.
    Thank you.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/2ci8juo.jpg
    Your Teela is not defective. She has a med sized peg in her left leg and a small sized peg in her right leg. This is found to be common.
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    Your Teela is not defective. She has a med sized peg in her left leg and a small sized peg in her right leg. This is found to be common.
    So a manufacturing error that makes the figure asymmetrical (and in real life would cause numerous health problems ) is not defective now? Just checking. This is all new territory here.

Quote Originally Posted by sndanikilador View Post
    Thank you.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/2ci8juo.jpg
    Try to provide more picture or else your query will attract a lot of speculation that in the end won't do you any good.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!