Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 183

Thread: Club Grayskull Teela Discussion Thread w/ Pixel Dan review

  1. #51
    Widget
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    22
    Thank you for the answers.
    I have not said that it is the first time I buy figures of this style, and that I am a novice in it.
    Finally I took it out of the box and I am very happy with the figure, I do not see anything strange in the hips and the face seems beautiful.
    On the subject of quality of plastic and paint I am not an expert, but I think it is pretty well painted.
    The shell is made of soft rubber.
    If there were more themes of the other figures I would also expose my experience.




    Last edited by sndanikilador; March 3, 2018 at 01:04pm.

  2. #52
    Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A thousand dimensions
    Posts
    1,359
    She's gorgeous, congrats!
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

  3. #53
    Widget
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    She's gorgeous, congrats!
    Thanks!!! Iīm very happy

  4. #54
    Heroic Warrior bcbsdrg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    BOSTON,MA
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by sndanikilador View Post
    Thank you for the answers.
    I have not said that it is the first time I buy figures of this style, and that I am a novice in it.
    Finally I took it out of the box and I am very happy with the figure, I do not see anything strange in the hips and the face seems beautiful.
    On the subject of quality of plastic and paint I am not an expert, but I think it is pretty well painted.
    The shell is made of soft rubber.
    If there were more themes of the other figures I would also expose my experience.
    http://i64.tinypic.com/2uqoigx.jpg
    http://i64.tinypic.com/eb3248.jpg
    http://i68.tinypic.com/m95zxu.jpg
    http://i66.tinypic.com/1zb86c6.jpg
    http://i63.tinypic.com/25qaxhg.jpg
    Can only hope when mine ships the face looks as good

  5. #55
    Heroic Warrior gman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    118
    Where there's decent paint apps and short pegs, I think she looks fantastic. She's my most anticipated of this wave, and I'm crossing everything for a figure as nice as sndanakilador's.

  6. #56
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6,038
    Quote Originally Posted by sndanikilador View Post
    Thank you for the answers.
    I have not said that it is the first time I buy figures of this style, and that I am a novice in it.
    Finally I took it out of the box and I am very happy with the figure, I do not see anything strange in the hips and the face seems beautiful.
    On the subject of quality of plastic and paint I am not an expert, but I think it is pretty well painted.
    The shell is made of soft rubber.
    If there were more themes of the other figures I would also expose my experience.
    http://i64.tinypic.com/2uqoigx.jpg
    http://i64.tinypic.com/eb3248.jpg
    http://i68.tinypic.com/m95zxu.jpg
    http://i66.tinypic.com/1zb86c6.jpg
    http://i63.tinypic.com/25qaxhg.jpg
    Congratulations on getting a fantastic looking Teela figure.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

    Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.


    Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

    Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

  7. #57

  8. #58
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    11,516
    I have one waiting in my Pile of Loot at BBTS; I hope she looks that gorgeous!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  9. #59
    Heroic Warrior darkmoon766's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,490
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Congratulations on getting a fantastic looking Teela figure.
    Unfortunately, that is the first one I have seen out of at least 20 examples that looks, good. Not a very successful run from the factory. Especially since the whole reason for the shipment delay was for ALL of the leg pegs to be like that. It seems that less than half of the Teela figures so far have BOTH of the correct pegs. I am not impressed.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    Wow, you got a good one, I have 3 coming I hope just one comes out good.
    It is ridiculous that you don't have very good odds even with 3 of getting one that is as god as that.

  10. #60
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    5,241
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Unfortunately, that is the first one I have seen out of at least 20 examples that looks, good. Not a very successful run from the factory. Especially since the whole reason for the shipment delay was for ALL of the leg pegs to be like that. It seems that less than half of the Teela figures so far have BOTH of the correct pegs. I am not impressed.

    - - - Updated - - -

    It is ridiculous that you don't have very good odds even with 3 of getting one that is as god as that.
    This is what I was thinking... It's asinine that such a large number of defective Teela figures have made it into the hands of customers.

    I mean, what is Super7 gonna do with all of the defective Teelas (and others) that get returned?? That is going to be one heck of a huge pile of wasted plastic!

    ...maybe they'll get buried in the New Mexico desert...?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

  11. #61
    Widget
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    22
    I hope you are all lucky and that a figure comes to you without any defect, apparently I have been lucky, but it is also true that all have to come this way and that surely those that have been detected that do not have the pins well are a very, very low.
    If what I write is not very understandable, excuse me, is that I use the google translator.
    regards

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This is what I was thinking... It's asinine that such a large number of defective Teela figures have made it into the hands of customers.

    I mean, what is Super7 gonna do with all of the defective Teelas (and others) that get returned?? That is going to be one heck of a huge pile of wasted plastic!

    ...maybe they'll get buried in the New Mexico desert...?
    Well, if they do they say where to go and dig them up 😋

  12. #62
    Heroic Warrior depp76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    653
    I guess I just don't get it. Is it just me? How is it that Man at Arms, Hordak, and Tri Klops look like they fell right out of my 80's TV but Teela just doesn't have that Filmation look like the others do. It's like they tried but didn't quite get there. She looks "Filmation-ish" but not "FILMATION". Anywho lol I really shouldn't be complaining because I got a good figure with great paint apps. Two different pegs I think but that seems to be common. I just wish she looked more cartoon accurate in the face. Ok that's my rant lol.

  13. #63
    Heroic Warrior sirsniffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ
    Posts
    2,599
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I guess I just don't get it. Is it just me? How is it that Man at Arms, Hordak, and Tri Klops look like they fell right out of my 80's TV but Teela just doesn't have that Filmation look like the others do. It's like they tried but didn't quite get there. She looks "Filmation-ish" but not "FILMATION". Anywho lol I really shouldn't be complaining because I got a good figure with great paint apps. Two different pegs I think but that seems to be common. I just wish she looked more cartoon accurate in the face. Ok that's my rant lol.
    Because they didn't sculpt a cartoon accurate head for her. To save money, Super 7 used the original Point Dread Teela head...the one that the 4H intended before the Chinese factory botched it. This Teela head was never intended to be Filmation accurate. I wish they would have put some money into an actual cartoon accurate head. We will never get a cartoon accurate Teela.

  14. #64
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This is what I was thinking... It's asinine that such a large number of defective Teela figures have made it into the hands of customers.

    I mean, what is Super7 gonna do with all of the defective Teelas (and others) that get returned?? That is going to be one heck of a huge pile of wasted plastic!

    ...maybe they'll get buried in the New Mexico desert...?
    Not wasted Plastic Because Brian can take them with him to china dump them on the factory owners desk and demand a refund for all the defective product.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

    Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.


    Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

    Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

  15. #65
    Heroic Warrior Maestro Monstoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,047
    My Club Grayskull figures arrived today. I must admit I like them. Was expecting the worst but all turned out good. Especially teela.

    My Teela has a nicely painted face. However the hips are very wide. So I need to pose her right to minimise that appearance. Overall, she is not as bad as expected.

    F510E498-A92A-4906-BDAF-3E66BBC0694E.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    I painted some white inbetween Teela’s lips to attempt to reduce the thickness of her lips. What do u guys think? I thought she looked quite good with some white for the lips

    👍🏻😎0A0C304A-E7FC-480A-A811-C1BB1B2C1850.jpg
    She ra Rocks! He-man Rules!

    Check out my artwork at http://groups.msn.com/MaestroMonstoidMOTUArtwork/shoebox.msnw

  16. #66
    Heroic Warrior motogp_fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    725
    Maestro, that white made her more prettier, and pretty much more filmation accurate. Wow

    Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

  17. #67
    Heroic Warrior Maestro Monstoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,047
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Maestro, that white made her more prettier, and pretty much more filmation accurate. Wow

    Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    The white parts her lips slightly so her lips did not look so swollen very easy fix. Just use white acrylic paint and a fine brush.
    She ra Rocks! He-man Rules!

    Check out my artwork at http://groups.msn.com/MaestroMonstoidMOTUArtwork/shoebox.msnw

  18. #68
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by sndanikilador View Post
    Thank you for the answers.
    I have not said that it is the first time I buy figures of this style, and that I am a novice in it.
    Finally I took it out of the box and I am very happy with the figure, I do not see anything strange in the hips and the face seems beautiful.
    On the subject of quality of plastic and paint I am not an expert, but I think it is pretty well painted.
    The shell is made of soft rubber.
    If there were more themes of the other figures I would also expose my experience.
    http://i64.tinypic.com/2uqoigx.jpg
    http://i64.tinypic.com/eb3248.jpg
    http://i68.tinypic.com/m95zxu.jpg
    http://i66.tinypic.com/1zb86c6.jpg
    http://i63.tinypic.com/25qaxhg.jpg
    I hope mine turn out this like this.

  19. #69
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    76
    Mine has a strange issue, looks like one shoulder was bored larger than the other. my review is if interested https://youtu.be/evtcD8YU_qM

  20. #70
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    35,800
    Here is a review by Pixel Dan of Super7's release of MOTUC Club Grayskull (Filmation) Teela!
    Check it out:

    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

  21. #71
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,279
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Because they didn't sculpt a cartoon accurate head for her. To save money, Super 7 used the original Point Dread Teela head...the one that the 4H intended before the Chinese factory botched it. This Teela head was never intended to be Filmation accurate. I wish they would have put some money into an actual cartoon accurate head. We will never get a cartoon accurate Teela.
    I didn't know that, it all makes sense now. Her head looks good, my two have nice paints (one looks friendly and one looks angry) but she isn't accurate.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

  22. #72
    Heroic Warrior Arek Brimstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Here is a review by Pixel Dan of Super7's release of MOTUC Club Grayskull (Filmation) Teela!
    She's so tiny! (especially when compared with the other Teelas)

    I'm with PD on this one, the original Teela is still the best female figure in the line. I go so far as to say she may even be the best figure in the line. She is certainly in the running, in my mind. She looks beautiful, and powerful. The new one looks dainty and weak...and boring.

    You know, Pixel Dan keeps saying in all these videos "all in all I like the figure". Yet...I'm having a hard time believing him. He doesn't seem excited about any of them. And that is sad.

  23. #73
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    35,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Arek Brimstone View Post
    You know, Pixel Dan keeps saying in all these videos "all in all I like the figure". Yet...I'm having a hard time believing him. He doesn't seem excited about any of them. And that is sad.
    He sounds excited to me. So I think you are projecting. But please try to keep those spirits high!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

  24. #74
    Heroic Warrior jonathan182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Because they didn't sculpt a cartoon accurate head for her. To save money, Super 7 used the original Point Dread Teela head...the one that the 4H intended before the Chinese factory botched it. This Teela head was never intended to be Filmation accurate. I wish they would have put some money into an actual cartoon accurate head. We will never get a cartoon accurate Teela.
    Where did this information come from? I thought this was just someone's speculation.

  25. #75
    Heroic Warrior Arek Brimstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan182 View Post
    Where did this information come from? I thought this was just someone's speculation.
    The reasoning may be speculation, but it is clearly the unwarped Classics Filmation Teela head. The detail in the hair alone is a dead giveaway (much like the lack of detail in the hair is a giveaway on Hawke/Delora).

    That being said, I think it does a pretty good job of capturing the cartoon's likeness. Not as well as, say, Man-at-Arms, but still pretty good, I think.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •