Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Grayskull Teela Discussion Thread w/ Pixel Dan review

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Monstoid View Post
    My Club Grayskull figures arrived today. I must admit I like them. Was expecting the worst but all turned out good. Especially teela.

My Teela has a nicely painted face. However the hips are very wide. So I need to pose her right to minimise that appearance. Overall, she is not as bad as expected.

Attachment 115578

- - - Updated - - -

I painted some white inbetween Teela’s lips to attempt to reduce the thickness of her lips. What do u guys think? I thought she looked quite good with some white for the lips

������Attachment 115579
    That looks really nice, man.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan182 View Post
    Where did this information come from? I thought this was just someone's speculation.
    it is just someone's speculation. This is the Horseman's head it has more chin than the point dread teela head.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

I'm basically happy with my Teela. The hip joint aren't too bad aesthetically and, when in certain poses, the figure looks pretty impressive.

However... the hip joints are stuck -- big time stuck (I can't move her legs up to kick). I've tried laying the figure on an electric heater for a few minutes or so, but those joints still won't budge. I'll probably try some boiled water later on.

Is anyone else's stuck like that? Any suggestions?
    -"You want me to drive?!!"
    -"Hey, it's the 80's!"

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    So, Club Filmation Teela. She looks...disappointing. In hand, the face still looks off. She should be gorgeous, but she is not. I am not a fan of the paler skin either, it sticks out. The sword handle seems a little too bulky for her too. I also wish she also had a bit more cleavage.

I also had long hip joint bottom Teela...though it doesn't bother me too much. I like where Super7 is going with the buttocks on the females. The males have always been pretty accentuated, so I like that with females now. I am hopeful Super7 figures out the facials with the females and other details, and we may have superb representations one day.

The 2009 Teela still remains the best figure by leaps and bounds.

The 2009 Teela still remains the best figure by leaps and bounds.[/QUOTE]
    I completely agree.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TAAO View Post
    I completely agree.[/QUOTE]

I agree too. She's fantastic.

Southern California. Toy Capital of the World!
    Quote Originally Posted by TAAO View Post
    I completely agree.[/QUOTE]

And that is exactly why she goes for sky high prices.

I did a slight repaint of the face and armor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram @Clo4k4ndD4gger for MOTUC pics and more.

My Top Most Wanted MOTUC: The Twiggets, Granita, Dylamug, Quakke, Sagitar, Spinwit, Spirit, Staghorn, Cringer (articulated adult form), Catra's Cat Form, Kayo, Filmation Tung Lashor, Master Sebrian, Drissi, Caz, Kittrina, Hawke/Delora, Attak Trak, Roton, Land Shark, Spidor.

Quote Originally Posted by jastiles View Post
    I did a slight repaint of the face and armor.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2ff09f7e54.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very nice! See, I don't think it would've taken too much to get her more screen accurate. A little paint tweaking could've made all the difference (aside from her height of course).

She looks awesome! nice job! may have to do this to mine as well.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    So, Club Filmation Teela. She looks...disappointing. In hand, the face still looks off. She should be gorgeous, but she is not. I am not a fan of the paler skin either, it sticks out. The sword handle seems a little too bulky for her too. I also wish she also had a bit more cleavage.

I also had long hip joint bottom Teela...though it doesn't bother me too much. I like where Super7 is going with the buttocks on the females. The males have always been pretty accentuated, so I like that with females now. I am hopeful Super7 figures out the facials with the females and other details, and we may have superb representations one day.

I had the same problem with my Teela.

20 minutes of her in the freezer, then pushing in hard and carefully turning, unstuck her right leg. It did not work, however, on the left---it just looked ike it was going to tear and not budge. I put her in near boiling water for a minute, took a very small flat head screwdriver and scraped away at the point where the peg was stuck. That eventually loosened it. Although, I may have just gotten very lucky. The scraping did leave marks, but they are not visible from poses.

The freezer trick usually works well on stuck joints. I had to do it on most of the waists on my Articulated Icon red ninjas.
    The holding, the touching. Vaal has forbidden this.
    Five Year Mission
    Eisenhower Field Day

In person, I feel she looks better than in pictures. I lucked out and got one of the smaller hip pegs. Overall, my figure is ok. No sloppy paint, it's all pretty clean thankfully. Her head though is pretty much not poseable. She keeps wanting to look down. Then there's the odd way she turned out shorter, both her AND Hawke. It's just unexpected. And…there's no getting around that double butt…even with the shorter hip peg. She can be posed decent enough.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Check out this repaint by @cyguypopart very stunning! I may do this to mine when it finally arrives in 2019...

This dude is way talented. Also, it shows that they could have tried a bit harder with paint to give us a more on model Teela.

Teela Repaint.jpg

Holy Filmation Imitation!! That is amazing, SirSniffy! Thanks for posting.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Holy Filmation Imitation!! That is amazing, SirSniffy! Thanks for posting.
    Oh, I didn't make this, a talented Instagram user named cyguypopart did it. He is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Check out this repaint by @cyguypopart very stunning! I may do this to mine when it finally arrives in 2019...

This dude is way talented. Also, it shows that they could have tried a bit harder with paint to give us a more on model Teela.

Teela Repaint.jpg
    Holy Crap!!!!

THAT is the TEELA portrait I want!

Goodness... seeing this repaint next to the Super7 standard paint apps makes it look like were getting dollar-store figures for specialty-store prices...
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post

Teela Repaint.jpg
    Yup. That's it. Now why can't they do that for the prices we're paying? That is absolutely spot-on FILMATION gorgeous!!!

- - - Updated - - -

This guy would make a killing if he did custom heads. Brian do you see this??? Why can't you guys do this??? This is something that needs to be answered in your next cast. What is the problem with the female head sculpts and paint? Obviously it can be done with just paint look at the photo. Comparing those two photos makes our Filmation Teela look like Point Dread Teela compared to that awesome repaint.
    Last edited by depp76; March 10, 2018 at 01:36am.

I'd buy that Teela.

Wow! That is a good paint job! Teela was really pretty in the cartoon and that dudes paint application is pretty accurate. Business reasons would be why they won't give us that Teela face. It's said and done now so we kind of just have to accept it. I know the pain though. The Filmation Teela figure has had a rough time.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar

Club Grayskull Teela Discussion Thread w/ Pixel Dan review

I opened my Teela this morning and Iím actually quite pleased with her. Yes she does have the weird wide butt going on but itís not that bad in person.

My Teela has no QC issues either and I do like that she is a little shorter.

Iím happy with the way her face is painted, not as bad as some Iíve seen online. Guess Iíve been lucky

Last edited by Orko's Magic Hat; March 10, 2018 at 09:44am.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Congrats

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Yeah, that's actually not a bad face. Hmmm...maybe it's just a few of them.

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Those figures look really cool. I wish I would have gotten them when they went on pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by Palazzolor View Post
    Those figures look really cool. I wish I would have gotten them when they went on pre-order.
    Big Bad Toy Store still has them up for preorder but they are $49.99 each.
    But they offer a $4.00 flat rate shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I'd buy that Teela.
    WE all thought we did.