Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Super7 Club Grayskull (Filmation) Hordak discussion - w/ Pixel Dan review

Official Super7 Club Grayskull (Filmation) Hordak discussion - w/ Pixel Dan review

The 2017 MOTUC Club Grayskull (Super7 Wave 1) Hordak is showing up for fans everywhere right now!

And here is a review by Pixel Dan of Super7's release of MOTUC Club Grayskull (Filmation) Hordak!
    Check it out:

Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Mine dropped last night, and I haven't had chance to take him out the box yet, but I just sat there staring at him. I was imagining him talking smack to Mantenna, snorting as he hits the trap door button before laughing maniacally. Really REALLY like this figure!
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

I'm surprised watching this video how much I actually prefer this version to all the previous ones we've gotten before!

The only thing I prefer on Etherian Invasion Hordak is the blue color used. It's brighter and more vibrant than the Club Grayskull Hordak. Not to say that the CG version's color is inaccurate, because it's another one of those instances where it depends on the episode and the screen you're watching it on. The CG version definitely looks like he walked right off the screen, though, which is quite awesome.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Really can't wait to get mine! And thanks to Dan for another great review!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Can anyone confirm that both arms are removable? My figure arrived today and I tried to remove an arm but both are super tight. I’m scared of breaking it. Any advice?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansync View Post
    Can anyone confirm that both arms are removable? My figure arrived today and I tried to remove an arm but both are super tight. I’m scared of breaking it. Any advice?
    Both are removable

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, roboto, shadow weaver, entrapta , adora, moss man, stratos, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

I just noticed a stinker of a QC issue on mine... the arm cannon's articulation at the shoulder is frozen in place (nothing seems to loosen it). So I can plug it in, but it only moves straight up and down with zero outward movement. Otherwise the paint apps and all else are great, so I don't know if I want to risk going through the returns process to get another one that's wonky in some other way.
    Last edited by zodak74; March 5, 2018 at 08:51pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I just noticed a stinker of a QC issue on mine... the arm cannon's articulation at the shoulder is frozen in place (nothing seems to loosen it). So I can plug it in, but it only moves straight up and down with zero outward movement. Otherwise the paint apps and all else are great, so I don't know if I want to risk going through the returns process to get another one that's wonky in some other way.
    Mine has lateral movement. DD54D607-79BC-4247-BDB3-F507691F2CB7.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Mine has lateral movement. DD54D607-79BC-4247-BDB3-F507691F2CB7.jpg

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, roboto, shadow weaver, entrapta , adora, moss man, stratos, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

You tried hot water?

My Hordak was perfect save for a little paint rub on his head fin. Saw that some others had the same problem. Citadel ultramarine blue (now called altdorf guard ) which I thought was too light, is the perfect match. He looks great now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dansync View Post
    I couldn't seem to pull mine out directly, but it easily comes out if you pull it back levering it against the edge of the socket until it pops free.
    Last edited by Zodac; March 6, 2018 at 01:46am.

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Both are removable
    You've removed both arms? How has this been confirmed? All I have read is that the right arm is the only one that comes off.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Darn, another Filmation figure I wasn't jazzed about, but looks so good in hand. The head sculpt looks fantastic. Great translation, Four Horsemen!

The Super7 choice for the thinner and tighter armor admittedly makes the toy presentation better. The bulky armor on MOTUC never bothered me much, as I like swapping and customizing.

These Super7 figures are more dieted too, so they look a bit wimpier compared to what we had. Like bulkier Hulk Hogan in 1987 versus the less roided Hulk Hogan in 1993, lol.

The feet on my Hordak are very loose, so that is a concern.

In all, not a bad figure. Though I still prefer my MOTUC "Filmation" Hordak even over this true Filmation Hordak.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    You've removed both arms? How has this been confirmed? All I have read is that the right arm is the only one that comes off.
    Yes I have Both came out

After my initial hysteria, Iíve decided not to send hordak back for paint apps, Iím going to fix him myself.

What type of paint do I need please?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Most use testors

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8912a6bb49.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b3da84d2f9.jpg

After my initial hysteria, I’ve decided not to send hordak back for paint apps, I’m going to fix him myself.

What type of paint do I need please?

Thanks!

There’s no way to sugar coat the paint apps. It’s bad.

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Most use testors
    Like testers you would get in a hardware store for decorating?

Cool, next question would be water based or not?

Then Iíd have to think about Matt, silk, gloss lol

Quote Originally Posted by DMaynor View Post
    Thereís no way to sugar coat the paint apps. Itís bad.
    Yeah a bit bummed, but I think it would be easier to fix than to send back (Iím in the UK).

Plus, if everyone sends their figures back for everything, then any margin S7 made on the run will disappear real quick. Along with their desire to continue, and improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    Brian said that that Hordak's canon arm was designed to be used with either arm a while back.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Like testers you would get in a hardware store for decorating?

Cool, next question would be water based or not?

Then I’d have to think about Matt, silk, gloss lol

I would use a flat white acrylic paint.

Yeah a bit bummed, but I think it would be easier to fix than to send back (Iím in the UK).

Plus, if everyone sends their figures back for everything, then any margin S7 made on the run will disappear real quick. Along with their desire to continue, and improve.

Use flat acrylic. Donít use enamel, whatever you do. It may never dry on plastic. Model Masters is a decent brand or Vallejo.

Again, acrylic only! No enamel.

Follow me on Instagram @Clo4k4ndD4gger for MOTUC pics and more.

My Top Most Wanted MOTUC: The Twiggets, Granita, Dylamug, Quakke, Sagitar, Spinwit, Spirit, Staghorn, Cringer (articulated adult form), Catra's Cat Form, Kayo, Filmation Tung Lashor, Master Sebrian, Drissi, Caz, Kittrina, Hawke/Delora, Attak Trak, Roton, Land Shark, Spidor.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Brian said that that Hordak's canon arm was designed to be used with either arm a while back.
    I can confirm this as I have 2 Hordaks!

Since both arms were plugged in tightly, I used a small flat head screwdriver to pop the arms off.
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2018: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man

Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Really enjoying this Hordak.
    Kinda wish Super7 were not glueing the armors down as I would have liked swap this new bone collar onto my original Classics Hordak.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Such a great figure. The perfect Hordak is finally here! I would love for S7 to release an Ultimate Hordak with a newly sculpted vintage accurate short cape. Beyond that, I don't think we need anymore of this guy.
    Aaronís Top 10 (In Order):
    Starburst She-Ra, Hunga the Harpy, The Twiggets, Stridor, Catraís Cat Form, Kay-La, Skeleteen, Mini Comics Garn, Spinwit, FILMation King Miro