Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Super7 Club Grayskull (Filmation) Hordak discussion - w/ Pixel Dan review

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I would use a flat white acrylic paint.
    This. I use Games Workshop paints. I stay away from oil based.

- - - Updated - - -

This Hordak is amazing looking. I do wish he had ab-crunch...but he's pretty great. He's one of the ones I almost wanted to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodac View Post
    You tried hot water?

I couldn't seem to pull mine out directly, but it easily comes out if you pull it back levering it against the edge of the socket until it pops free.
    Hmmmm, Iíll have to try this. I came to this thread looking for a solution as I canít get his arm off. Iíve tried heating it and it still wonít budge, and it feels like itís going to come away at the bicep.
    I think I have already loosened the bicep joint by pulling on it

It's going to take some work to get my hordaks arms off as well, also his waist swivel is stuck solid and its slightly off centre as well so he's looking off to the side a bit, I'll get the haidryer on him later.

Well this guy was messily put together for me, his armour and loin cloth were glued shut and there's a mess of other stuff in there, he did snap at the waist but I'll glue him back together and make do without the waust swivel, at least I'll get him looking forward now.
    Last edited by felgekarp; March 31, 2018 at 11:51am.

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    My Hordak's arms don't want to pop out, but since he is just displayed with the rest of my Filmation figures I don't mind much! I have to say though, between him and Etheria Invasion SDCC Hordak, I greatly prefer the SDCC version! I just prefer the aesthetics!
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Looks like one of the accessories from one of the KFC Horrorcons lol

I dig it!

Regards arm pulling. Mine took some force but you need too pull at the shoulder and not the forearm. You could try using a thin tool to try and lever it out too. I painted his nostrils but need to tidy up the Horde chest logo as it looks like someone has tried correcting it in the factory:

Last edited by TigerBlade; April 2, 2018 at 05:58am.

My Hordak has stress marks at the top of the thighs where they are running against the crotch piece, and a blue smudge on his forehead. It's a shame as he could easily be as cool an action figure as Skeletor, but the quality control lets him down.

I liked the figure. I did my review on him on my site.
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - Peter Steele (Type O Negative)

Quote Originally Posted by TigerBlade View Post
    Looks like one of the accessories from one of the KFC Horrorcons lol

I dig it!

Regards arm pulling. Mine took some force but you need too pull at the shoulder and not the forearm. You could try using a thin tool to try and lever it out too. I painted his nostrils but need to tidy up the Horde chest logo as it looks like someone has tried correcting it in the factory:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/870/4...e01baa85_b.jpg
    That blast is from a hot toys Iron Man boot thrust.

I purchased a set of two loose from China on eBay and just removed the peg and attached it to Hordakís arm cannon with blue tack for the picture to give the arm cannon a blast affect.

I see you painted your Hordakís nostrils too.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Great review Dan. Paint is a little sloppy (at least on your copy), but otherwise I'm happy with the figure.
    TOP 5 MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Ice Armor He-Man, and Snake Mountain Man

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

I know I'm in the minority here but, as a MOC collector, I am super bummed that we're getting characters from the She-Ra cartoon in a box that says "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" on it ... when they never once appeared on that cartoon. I was hoping this line would be celebrating both cartoons in equal measure. Small potatoes though I guess.

He looks amazing, and I am am so excited to finally replace that SDCC Hordak! I do agree with Dan that the face paint is too thick, and those fantastic facial lines from the cartoon are a bit lost in translation, but other than that he looks really fantastic. I do appreciate that we also have an (in my opinion) improved Imp figure. It's also cool that the treause box is different as well. Now Imp can spy on more of my Great Rebellion shelves!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN Ö INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2018!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I know I'm in the minority here but, as a MOC collector, I am super bummed that we're getting characters from the She-Ra cartoon in a box that says "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" on it ... when they never once appeared on that cartoon. I was hoping this line would be celebrating both cartoons in equal measure. Small potatoes though I guess.

He looks amazing, and I am am so excited to finally replace that SDCC Hordak! I do agree with Dan that the face paint is too thick, and those fantastic facial lines from the cartoon are a bit lost in translation, but other than that he looks really fantastic. I do appreciate that we also have an (in my opinion) improved Imp figure. It's also cool that the treause box is different as well. Now Imp can spy on more of my Great Rebellion shelves!
    If you want to be accurate they all first appeared in Filmations Secret Of the Sword Not the She-Ra cartoon which came out later. Besides MOC collectors don't want a running change in packaging in their collection displays.

MOTUC'S has the Green bricks & the Animated Filmation ClubGrayskull line has He-Man & The Masters Of The Universe Packaging.

It might complicate things packaging wise. I think a faction sticker like in motuc packaging is the easiest upgrade to address that.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    It might complicate things packaging wise. I think a faction sticker like in motuc packaging is the easiest upgrade to address that.

No because they want it to be She-Ra packaging with the Horde Fright zone on it because one person in a different group posted a mockup. You are correct it would complicate things packaging wise. for MOC collectors.

Last edited by mjw41; April 7, 2018 at 10:56am.

No because they want it to be She-Ra packaging with the Horde Fright zone on it because one person in a different group posted a mockup. You are correct it would complicate things packaging wise. for MOC collectors.

https://i.imgur.com/675VnRs.jpg
    While that's a cool concept, and I would have loved to see that as well, I really just would have liked the same Club Grayskull packaging with "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" switched to "She-Ra: Princess of Power" when characters from that cartoon were released. That would not have changed the continuity of that packaging in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to be accurate they all first appeared in Filmations Secret Of the Sword Not the She-Ra cartoon which came out later.
    That's true (and I would have been fine with a "The Secret of the Sword" logo on the box as well), but he NEVER appeared on the cartoon "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" ... nor did Tung Lashor or the other inevitable characters from the She-Ra cartoon we're going to get. I was just excited at the prospect of celebrating all of the Filmation facets when this line was announced. A SOTS SDCC exclusive box set would have been a great way to pay homage to that, while a holiday item with figures from "A Christmas Special" would have been another fun way to include all things Filmation. Those were all just my own personal wishes and hopes when the line was announced though and, like I said in my initial post, it's small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

If you want to be accurate they all first appeared in Filmations Secret Of the Sword Not the She-Ra cartoon which came out later.
    Secret of the Sword is the first 5 episodes of the She-Ra series edited together (with some scenes cut out)
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah I thought Club Grayskull would have different packaging for He-Man Filmation characters and She-Ra Filmation characters. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Secret of the Sword is the first 5 episodes of the She-Ra series edited together (with some scenes cut out)
    Yet Secret Of The Sword was in Movie theaters for monthes and the She Ra Cartoon series took place later and yes For the start of the series they took the movie and broke it done to five parts.
    The Movie came first.

Yet Secret Of The Sword was in Movie theaters for monthes and the She Ra Cartoon series took place later and yes For the start of the series they took the movie and broke it done to five parts.
    The Movie came first.
    That is simply not true based on the fact the individual episodes have scenes that the movie doesn't. The movie was edited together after the episodes were produced. The exact same thing was done with ThunderCats Ho! The Movie.

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

That is simply not true based on the fact the individual episodes have scenes that the movie doesn't. The movie was edited together after the episodes were produced. The exact same thing was done with ThunderCats Ho! The Movie.
    This is getting a bit off track, but mjw14 is correct in that The Secret of the Sword was released in Spring of 1985 and the She-Ra cartoon didn't begin airing until Autumn 1985. It was produced prior to March 1985 and then edited accordingly for each release.

It's a moot point though as it pertains to what I was saying about Hordak. He made 68 appearances in the cartoon "She-Ra: Princess of Power" and ZERO in "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" (yes, I know technically he's in every episode because of the credits ... you know what I mean). That's why it seems insane to me that he would be packaged that way.

It was produced prior to March 1985 and then edited accordingly for each release.
    That's what I'm saying (regardless of which was shown first) the 'Sword of She-Ra' was originally produced as the opening episodes of the She-Ra series and to promote the series they edited 'The Sword of She-Ra' together (emitting some scenes) to form the Secret of the Sword movie in order to promote the TV series for it's later that year debut. Secret of the Sword is still a part of the She-Ra series and is not some separate movie with a different story to what was in the first 5 episodes of the TV series. If a character first appeared in SOTS, then they first appeared in the She-Ra series by default.

It's a moot point though as it pertains to what I was saying about Hordak. He made 68 appearances in the cartoon "She-Ra: Princess of Power" and ZERO in "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" (yes, I know technically he's in every episode because of the credits ... you know what I mean). That's why it seems insane to me that he would be packaged that way.
    I actually submitted a question in the WFWTK a while back about the possibility of getting some She-Ra series inspired logo/name plate stickers so we can stick them over the He-Man and the MOTU logo for all the CG She-Ra characters, but unfortunately my question did not get chosen to be submitted.

I actually ran a poll a while ago that addressed this very query. Not surprising is that you are NOT in the minority... (according to those that voted.)

The majority said that they would like a running change in the packaging for those Club Grayskull characters that appeared in PoP.

I was just excited at the prospect of celebrating all of the Filmation facets when this line was announced. A SOTS SDCC exclusive box set would have been a great way to pay homage to that, while a holiday item with figures from "A Christmas Special" would have been another fun way to include all things Filmation. Those were all just my own personal wishes and hopes when the line was announced though and, like I said in my initial post, it's small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.
    A newly tooled / sculpted He-Man and She-Ra figure set with unique Secret of the Sword packaging would be a dream come true!!

As would a similar set for A Christmas Special, containing a newly tooled Skeletor with smiling face and a Relay minifigure and "Santa" Adam.

This.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the NEW ADVENTURES lineup !!!

Ugh!!!!!!! I just opened mine and his left foot is broken! The peg is stuck in the foot I've emailed Super 7 but the customer service FAQ on the website says all sales final for pre-order/made to order items. I'm going to be very upset if I can't get an exchange.

30173901_10160640872975001_527293311_o.jpg
    Last edited by MattOnDemand; April 8, 2018 at 10:20pm.
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    A newly tooled / sculpted He-Man and She-Ra figure set with unique Secret of the Sword packaging would be a dream come true!!

As would a similar set for A Christmas Special, containing a newly tooled Skeletor with smiling face and a Relay minifigure and "Santa" Adam.
    My dream for a SDCC "Secret of the Sword" deluxe set would be:

Adora (a great way to get her redone and address her imperfections with a true Filmation interpretation) with removable robe and shocker rifle

Spirit (FINALLY!)

"Eternia Invasion" Hordak with red blast effect

Baby Adam & Adora (a fun accessory to recreate scenes with)

... and for "A Christmas Special" holiday set:

Santa Prince Adam

Alicia & Miguel

Cutter, Zipper & Relay

Accesories: grinning Skeletor head, "Sword to Flame" Sword of Protection, Carium water crystal, snow covered "Ghostbusters" Orko, mini "Sky Spy" model

In reality, I would really take any of these things any way we could get them!

Quote Originally Posted by MattOnDemand View Post
    Ugh!!!!!!! I just opened mine and his left foot is broken! The peg is stuck in the foot I've emailed Super 7 but the customer service FAQ on the website says all sales final for pre-order/made to order items. I'm going to be very upset if I can't get an exchange.

30173901_10160640872975001_527293311_o.jpg
    Made me more scare to remove mine from the box packaging. Hope replacement from Super7 work out for you.

By the power of Grayskull!!!!