Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Grayskull Tri-Klops Discussion Thread w/ Pixel Dan review

Widget

Club Grayskull Tri-Klops Discussion Thread w/ Pixel Dan review

Here is a review by Pixel Dan of Super7's release of MOTUC Club Grayskull (Filmation) Tri-Klops!
    Check it out:

------------------
    Hello, I think there is no thread about this figure.
    This is my humble opinion on Tri-Klops.
    The body is all discolored ... as if it lacked paint, can any expert tell me if what I think is missing paint is really a type of effect that they wanted to give to the skin?

The helmet does not rotate, and seeing the photo I do not believe that it turns nor putting it in an oven ....

He has a paint defect on his thigh, he has stuck the red paint ... I guess it was when he mounted the leg that they did it with fresh paint.

For the rest, I do not see it badly in the joints and I like the green color of his armor.
    But in summary, I am unhappy with the fugura, I will talk with Super7 to confirm with photos if the painting is that ugly.

OK. Watch Dan's video (all the still shots anyway) and try telling anyone that does not look like NEON green. It couldn't be any more neon if it was part of a neon sign.

My eyes!!
    Man that’s bright. I do like the sword though.

It looked a lot brighter in some shots than others and these new figures seem to have a bit more shine to them on the bodies. Does the gun he come with come from anywhere in particular?

Filmation Tri-Klops does not use the standart buck....it is complete new. It's not so bulky and more humpbacked.

Heroic Warrior
    Not sure why it looks so bright half the time and dark the rest of the time please don't take a screwdriver to triklops just heat him in some boiling water and work it by hand much less damage done

I'm glad Dan said that getting the visor unstuck was more work than a customer should have to do. This seemed like a very honest review and it addressed all the problems with this figure.

Heroic Warrior
    I never thought I would see an action figure review with a hairdryer and screwdriver involved...
    Most Wanted:

Snake Mountain and Eternia Playsets!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by sndanikilador View Post
    Here is a review by Pixel Dan of Super7's release of MOTUC Club Grayskull (Filmation) Tri-Klops!
    Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoCBopzttBI

------------------
    Hello, I think there is no thread about this figure.
    This is my humble opinion on Tri-Klops.
    The body is all discolored ... as if it lacked paint, can any expert tell me if what I think is missing paint is really a type of effect that they wanted to give to the skin?
    http://i67.tinypic.com/ofldv.jpg
    http://i64.tinypic.com/2rxw2go.jpg
    http://i68.tinypic.com/alg9ok.jpg
    http://i68.tinypic.com/2j1jspc.jpg

The helmet does not rotate, and seeing the photo I do not believe that it turns nor putting it in an oven ....
    http://i66.tinypic.com/246wdi0.jpg

He has a paint defect on his thigh, he has stuck the red paint ... I guess it was when he mounted the leg that they did it with fresh paint.
    http://i66.tinypic.com/s2qq1z.jpg

For the rest, I do not see it badly in the joints and I like the green color of his armor.
    But in summary, I am unhappy with the fugura, I will talk with Super7 to confirm with photos if the painting is that ugly.
    Yes your figure has parts that didn’t receive tan spray to give him that tanned all over look. Return it

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, roboto, shadow weaver, entrapta , adora, moss man, stratos, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    OK. Watch Dan's video (all the still shots anyway) and try telling anyone that does not look like NEON green. It couldn't be any more neon if it was part of a neon sign.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2144lxe.jpg
    Yes! It was photos like that one that I saw posted from Toy Fair. I could not BELIEVE how eye-burningly BRIGHT the green of Tri-Klops' gear looked! Luckily, in hand, it is infinitely more muted. It's still kind of a bright green, but (Thank HEAVENS!) nowhere NEAR that NEON! I am perfectly fine with how he turned out.. :^)
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

Heroic Warrior
    I saw a Tri-Clops this weekend at ECCC, and the green on him wasn't nearly that bright.

It was more like the Classics green.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Heroic Warrior

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, roboto, shadow weaver, entrapta , adora, moss man, stratos, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Sometimes, depending on the lighting, as well as auto-correction on color balance and contrast, colors can film or photograph differently than they actually are.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Good review, but be careful if you use a flat head screwdriver! Once safely getting the head off without damaging the neck peg, the visor should really just come off with hot water. Sure there was a fair bit of paint inside the head of Dan's figure, but I've dealt with worse. I can't stress enough that boiling, ie. stewing your figure's head in a simmering pot, is absolutely unnecessary, and risky. I highly recommend using an electric kettle, a mug, a teaspoon, and patience. Boil water, fill mug, submerge head for about half a minute. I can't help but imagine a bit of cautious twisting ( on top of the prising and general finessing ) may really help free the visor. You can easily re-dunk, or heat more water if you need to. I wish my figures would arrive, I'd post an instructional video!

Edit: I mention the neck peg as it's been noted that it's comparatively fragile, so be careful popping the head! Hot water should help with that also.
    Last edited by Zodac; March 4, 2018 at 05:37am.

That certainly looks like a new buck... I am curious if this is going to be standard going forward or not and why they made the decision to use it for Tri-klops?
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

http://i66.tinypic.com/2144lxe.jpg

https://www.textures.com/system/gall...on0102_200.jpg
    As someone who has spent a good time criticizing the color change, I can in fact tell you it's NOT that bright in person. Photos often throw off the colors. It was much more muted in person. And while I still don't prefer the color change, it was much more acceptable in person.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Yes your figure has parts that didn’t receive tan spray to give him that tanned all over look. Return it
    Thank you for answering, there is no painting on the shoulder and right arm, in the legs ... what a roll ... to see how I return it from Spain ....

- - - Updated - - -

As you can see in my photos, green is not Neon, it is a normal green. Depending on the color balance of the photographic machine you can get a very bright green as it has happened to Dan.
    A little more and I faint to see Dan using a screwdriver ... I will not do any of that, neither boiling water nor dryer, I will not risk forcing anything without first talking to Super7.

The sword is modeled off of the vintage promo art (card backs/mini comics), not a Filmation appearance. I won't risk damaging the figure for the eye rotation.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Quote Originally Posted by FAN-DOR View Post
    I'm glad Dan said that getting the visor unstuck was more work than a customer should have to do. This seemed like a very honest review and it addressed all the problems with this figure.
    I'm impressed Dan mentioned this too. It raised my opinion of him a lot.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Sometimes, depending on the lighting, as well as auto-correction on color balance and contrast, colors can film or photograph differently than they actually are.
    I have a Tri-Klops with me from a friends shipment and it definitely isn't neon green. It looks much better in hand than it does in most pictures and I'd say Degra's pictures above are a good indication of the actual colour.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Dan thank you so much for the review! Seriously other than He-Man you are my other hero. I absolutely love this guy! Straight up Filmation if you ask me. From the animation cels that I have seen from the show the green armor is quite accurate. It's not neon green like we were thinking thank goodness. For me it's a perfect shade that makes him perfect Filmation accurate. Oh and I am a NRFB'er so thankfully I don't have to deal with his visor lol.
    Last edited by depp76; March 4, 2018 at 03:14pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    I went on a date with a girl once who also missed spots of tan spray. I don't like to talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    I went on a date with a girl once who also missed spots of tan spray. I don't like to talk about it.
    Well hopefully you returned her.

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    The sword is modeled off of the vintage promo art (card backs/mini comics), not a Filmation appearance.
    Yup! Pretty good likeness!

Heroic Warrior
    Okay, that sword kinda annoys me. It's not a Filmation thing. It looks like it could fit with the Classics Tri-Klops. I want it.
    But I don't want to buy a Filmation figure to get it.