Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Grayskull Tri-Klops Discussion Thread w/ Pixel Dan review

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Capetršger View Post
    Okay, that sword kinda annoys me. It's not a Filmation thing. It looks like it could fit with the Classics Tri-Klops. I want it.
    But I don't want to buy a Filmation figure to get it.
    Tried to pm you but inbox full

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, roboto, shadow weaver, entrapta , adora, moss man, stratos, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    That certainly looks like a new buck... I am curious if this is going to be standard going forward or not and why they made the decision to use it for Tri-klops?
    In the review, Dan states that it is the "standard buck", but it definitely is not.

It is a much thinner sculpt, and I don't like the gap that is left from the ab-crunch - even when standing up.

Also, I cannot believe that Super7 let these make it into the hands of buyers without the rotating visor. That is a glaring error on their part... (maybe they will offer the replacement armor free of charge to those who don't want to go through the whole defective figure return process with Tri-Klops...?)

Other than the gap, the stuck visor, and the neon green, I like the figure. I have always been a big fan of the Filmation design, and he looks great next to the other CG figures from what I've seen. (I have yet to receive mine... )
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the NEW ADVENTURES lineup !!!

My figures came today, and I thought I had a problem with Tri-Klops at first because upon first pulling him from the packaging, his head was bobbling, utterly loose, but it became at once apparent that his head wasn't all the way on! Anyway, that was good. Straight into the mug of hot water. Turns out I was right. No need to use a flat-head screwdriver or xacto or any tool at all except perhaps a fingernail. I just kept pushing and pulling and there was a tiny gap in the paint seal into which I did put my fingernail, and after a minute or so I had it completely free. Doing it this way ensures there is no burring or other damage. The head sits completely flush and turns perfectly.

He's really good, except I cannot for the life of me understand why they permanently attached his armor!

@Zodak, good job congrats

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodac View Post
    My figures came today, and I thought I had a problem with Tri-Klops at first because upon first pulling him from the packaging, his head was bobbling, utterly loose, but it became at once apparent that his head wasn't all the way on! Anyway, that was good. Straight into the mug of hot water. Turns out I was right. No need to use a flat-head screwdriver or xacto or any tool at all except perhaps a fingernail. I just kept pushing and pulling and there was a tiny gap in the paint seal into which I did put my fingernail, and after a minute or so I had it completely free. Doing it this way ensures there is no burring or other damage. The head sits completely flush and turns perfectly.

He's really good, except I cannot for the life of me understand why they permanently attached his armor!
    I'm glad you could fix it without damage.
    But I prefer not to touch anything, not to be broken, I'm waiting for Super7 to answer me for the paint defects of my doll and for the helmet that does not turn.

Has there been any determination where the gun is from? Is it from a Filmation episode?
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    Has there been any determination where the gun is from? Is it from a Filmation episode?

Yes. It’s from Eye of the Beholder. It’s referred to as a paralyzing ray I think or paralyzed gun. The episode features skeletor beastman and Tri klops

http://www.frankshemanpage.net/beholder02.jpg

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, roboto, shadow weaver, entrapta , adora, moss man, stratos, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Heroic Warrior
    I wasnt crazy about the fact they changed the color on Tri-Klops armor but it's really not that bad. The pictures just make it look worst than it really is. The green is just a tad darker than the green on Filmation Trap Jaw.

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Yes. Itís from Eye of the Beholder. Itís referred to as a paralyzing ray I think or paralyzed gun. The episode features skeletor beastman and Tri klops

http://www.frankshemanpage.net/beholder02.jpg
    Nice to know that the gun is really from filmation episode, thanks for the confirmation sir.

Last edited by motogp_fanatic; March 8, 2018 at 04:55am.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I absolutely love the Tri-Klops figure. Despite the visor not rotating and the green on his armor not being accurate, heís turned out fantastically well.

Mine has no QC issues, all joints are tight and secure. The plastic does not feel cheap, I appreciate the thinner armor. The paint is accurate, no smudges etc. I really like the gun and the card back sword. Very happy with him.

Btw the figure still feels like a Mattel figure - heavy plastic, doesnít feel cheap and brittle.

MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    In the review, Dan states that it is the "standard buck", but it definitely is not.

It is a much thinner sculpt, and I don't like the gap that is left from the ab-crunch - even when standing up.

Also, I cannot believe that Super7 let these make it into the hands of buyers without the rotating visor. That is a glaring error on their part... (maybe they will offer the replacement armor free of charge to those who don't want to go through the whole defective figure return process with Tri-Klops...?)

Other than the gap, the stuck visor, and the neon green, I like the figure. I have always been a big fan of the Filmation design, and he looks great next to the other CG figures from what I've seen. (I have yet to receive mine... )
    Also no nipples on this buck

Seeing all this Tri-Klops news makes me crave the mini-comic Texeira variant all the more. How much longer will we be forced to wait????

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Seeing all this Tri-Klops news makes me crave the mini-comic Texeira variant all the more. How much longer will we be forced to wait????
    I want it too. Maybe wave 3?

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    In hand, I think Filmation Tri-Klops looks good. I was not excited about this release. Super7 should not have altered the color on him....but I actually kinda like the change. It's not as neon drastic as in the videos and photos. It looks appropriate on a cartoon figure.

My figure can't turn his visor, so that's a huge disappointment. That's his darn gimmick!

I like that we've moved past the Pinnochio heels on the Club Filmation figures.

I will always be a vintage toy inspired Tri-Klops fan, but this was better than expected.

This figure looks awesome to me. As far as his helmet not moving, I'd try taking 2 pairs of pliers (carefully) and putting something in between the pliers and the head and try twisting it until that mold was broken. Obviously, this isn't an ideal move but if you're careful, I'd bet it would work.
    Last edited by Palazzolor; March 10, 2018 at 08:44am.

Please don't use pliers, too risky, in the other thread, @Soothe777 pitch in a simple solution, pull out the head (heat via hair blower if necessary) then carefully heat the inside part of the head where the neck peg plugs in, then test if the heat eventually loosen the visor to be able to turn, if not just repeat until it does.

Last edited by motogp_fanatic; March 10, 2018 at 10:53pm.

I’m going to be customizing Trike and I removed the armor to paint it. If anyone is interested in knowing how he looks without the armor, here you go:

Sculpted tabs on chest and back

I got the Chase Tri-klops with the tear eyed triangle eye!

NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2018: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man

Do those tabs affect putting other armour on him? Does that mean the armour being glued isn't a factory error but it's designed to stay in place?

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    Do those tabs affect putting other armour on him? Does that mean the armour being glued isn't a factory error but it's designed to stay in place?
    I just tried the Faker armor on him and the tab gets covered but with the new torso sculpt, the armor barely fits and looks too tight.

No factory error here, it was intended to be glued in place to the torso.
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2018: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man

Just seems like a lot to go through. I guess I'd see when I got the figure. If it seems like the plier idea would be too harmful to the figure, I'd do the "pull out the head, blow dryer idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    I just tried the Faker armor on him and the tab gets covered but with the new torso sculpt, the armor barely fits and looks too tight.

No factory error here, it was intended to be glued in place to the torso.
    Wow... there's no question about it, these pieces of armor are meant to stay put.

I wonder if this will be a trend going forward with the line?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the NEW ADVENTURES lineup !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Wow... there's no question about it, these pieces of armor are meant to stay put.

I wonder if this will be a trend going forward with the line?
    If it is I’m cool with it. I was never an armor or a head swapper.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    If it is Iím cool with it. I was never an armor or a head swapper.
    Me too. I'd sooner have armor that fits like armor and doesn't resemble a life jacket!
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Thanks to Soothe777's advice My Tri-Klops Visor spins

No tools, No Knives, No boiling water.....Just heated the head with hair dryer till I was able to pop the head off easy without damaging the neck peg, then applied heat from hair dryer into the hole in the head the neck peg goes into for two min and the the visor was able to spin.

Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Honestly, just heat (whether you're a mug of water or a hairdryer user) will allow you to fix the visor.

About the armor -

I understand, for the most part, why non-removable armor was used for some of the filmation figs, but it baffles me why they went that route with fang-or and lodar...