Thread: Anyone else concerned about rotating parts?

Heroic Warrior

Anyone else concerned about rotating parts?

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but is there any chance we could get some reassurances from Brian and company that the "sticking head" fiasco on Tri-clops was a one off. I, for one, am a bit worried about Man-E-Faces and Dylamug. At least with Tri-clops, the head could be plied apart with some work, but the look of the other 2 suggests the mechanism would be inside a housing, such as Man-E-Faces' helmet.
    I just figured I'd see if anyone else out there is concerned too. Thanks

Good idea to raise the issue as early as now, man e faces and dylamug look awesome in prototype and hopefully the final product will be as good or maybe better.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Ah yes, Man-E-Faces with his face glued in place. I'm excited to get that figure! Are you all?

Yes, I am worried about the rotating parts as well as the cheap plastic on these things that will probably be a sticky pile of goo in a year. I'm really discouraged about these things at this point.
    Last edited by PPC; March 8, 2018 at 03:55am.

Quote Originally Posted by TAAO View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but is there any chance we could get some reassurances from Brian and company that the "sticking head" fiasco on Tri-clops was a one off. I, for one, am a bit worried about Man-E-Faces and Dylamug. At least with Tri-clops, the head could be plied apart with some work, but the look of the other 2 suggests the mechanism would be inside a housing, such as Man-E-Faces' helmet.
    I'd be more interested to know whether Man-E-Faces 2.0 actually has a head that is designed to be turned. Nothing has been said about alternative faces. Even the email flyers for the wave 2 pre-order direct from Super 7 mentions nothing of a rotating head (they specifically mention Dylamug with rotating pieces). Given the current wave of disappointment in this line, I am expecting this to come to light sooner-or-later and that the head will be stuck tight with a single face.

Quote Originally Posted by PPC View Post
    Ah yes, Man-E-Faces with his face glued in place. I'm excited to get that figure! Are you all?

Yes, I am worried about the rotating parts as well as the cheap plastic on these things that will probably be a sticky pile of goo in a year. I'm really discouraged about these things at this point.
    I thought this is a moving-forward-ensuring-better-quality-from-Super7-with-help-from-fans thread. With all due respect sir, your post is not helping. The horse is dead as a corpse, you beating it is just sad. If this is another thread dividing fans then I'm out of here.

To me it looks like the head piece comes off of man-e-faces and you turn the head around inside it, I am a little concerned about how thin dyla-mugs arms and legs are, hopefully there'll be no issues moving/bending them.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    I thought this is a moving-forward-ensuring-better-quality-from-Super7-with-help-from-fans thread.

That was my point of starting this thread. That we the fans and collectors are willing to support the line whole-heartedly, but on the same token, are expecting the best quality they can give us. I know they might very well be overwhelmed right now with the amount of items they are trying to put out, but I for one am ok with waiting a bit for product that is truly the best they could do. I don't want them to just "hurry up to have a figure in hand" to be disappointed. Just wanted them to know that I think most of us are pulling for them.

@TAAO your thread is really a good idea and hopefully issues can be raised and discussed here.since wave 2 is very much coming.

I honestly never thought about Man-E-Faces "action feature". I thought the Filmation line was primarily aesthetic...meaning no real action features, just the cartoon accurate looks. For Man-E-Faces, they can just have the helmet come off and three little face plates that plug into the front of the helmet.

I think they should keep things simple.

Heroic Warrior
    I thought this is a moving-forward-ensuring-better-quality-from-Super7-with-help-from-fans thread. With all due respect sir, your post is not helping. The horse is dead as a corpse, you beating it is just sad. If this is another thread dividing fans then I'm out of here.

No, it's anything but a dead horse and what's truly sad is that people like you are in denial about it. The thread title asked if we were concerned about rotating parts and I said, yes I am concerned. If you can't take the sarcasm that's your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by PPC View Post
    No, it's anything but a dead horse and what's truly sad is that people like you are in denial about it. The thread title asked if we were concerned about rotating parts and I said, yes I am concerned. If you can't take the sarcasm that's your problem.
    Yeah right, not a dead horse. Ok, I hope your sarcasm provide you with better figure. I'm out.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah right, not a dead horse. Ok, I hope your sarcasm provide you with better figure. I'm out.

I was hoping to keep this friendly. Some people express themselves with sarcasm when they're annoyed or upset, I know I do. I wanted everyone one to be able to vent about their concerns over the rotating pieces without being called out on how they're expressing themselves. Thank you.

Let's keep this friendly everyone. Sarcasm isn't the best way to go in a thread format. Things seldom come across as intended.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    I’m concerned just by opening my whole package of figures lol
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

nope. As has been shown the Tri-Clops situation was minor at best, though admittedly surprising and a bit irritating. Easily fixable.

We'll see if Man-E-Faces and/or more importantly Dylamug have any sizable issues. I imagine that other than rotating, their construction is in such a different fashion from Tri-Clops that he'll be a one off issue, but it remains possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TAAO View Post
    I think that after Tri-Klops, this is a very real concern that should be addressed by Super7 a.s.a.p.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I think that after Tri-Klops, this is a very real concern that should be addressed by Super7 a.s.a.p.

This was posted HERE along with other concerns right before the ordering deadline was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super7
    3. Both Dylamug and Man-E-Faces have rotating faces. Also, many fans discovered that simply forcing Tri-Klops visor by hand will not free it and they are required to use a hair dryer or hot water to free up the visor. What measures will you implement so future rotating elements don't have the same problem of Tri-Klops visor?

After having reviewed the matter further, we are working with our factory to isolate the issue so it is corrected on future figures with rotating parts.

I am hopeful that this particular issue will be remedied. As for any new issues that pop up involving newer figures, I am not as optimistic about. The odds are after seeing how these 3 sets of releases from Super-7 have come out, that it would be highly unlikely that there will not be at least one glaring issue that occurs that is not caught before final production pieces are put on the boat.
    Last edited by darkmoon766; March 17, 2018 at 09:28pm.

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    Doubt seriously there will be any issues with this in the next batch. S7 are WELL aware of the complaints by now. If the problem isn't faced, it will become glaringly clear that the issue is either a non-issue for them or there is a major problem with their factory that goes way beyond a simple oversight or mis-communication. To be blunt, it would be a stupid move, and Brian doesn't strike me as stupid. It was a mistake. They're now watching for it. Simple as that.
    Last edited by DennyCrane; March 21, 2018 at 04:38pm.