Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 Supercast Episode 9

Super7 Supercast Episode 9

Brian Flynn from Super7 is here to give you updates on the current state of all things Masters of the Universe. This video covers updates different brands and products from Super7. But for MOTU fans, we get updates for:
    • MOTUC CC & CG Wave 1 is currently shipping - 3:46
    • addresses fan concerns about Tri-Klops visor - 4:04
    • addresses fan concerns about Teela - 5:41
    • addresses why there were no new MOTUC reveals at Toy Fair - 6:56
    MOTUC CC & CG Wave 2 pre-order (ends March 15th) - 7:38
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Brian seems like such a fun guy. I love his energy.

My only question is actually regarding the payment plan. Is the payment plan still in place for the pre-order? And if it is, what are the payment dates? Does anyone know? Right now, that's the only thing holding me back from pre-ordering.

~W~
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Snake Mountain stands, Wind Raider, and the Griffen

Alright folks there you have it with tri-clops, no need for any hair dryers, screw drivers or any such tools , all you have to do is grab him by the chin and hair and twist and with a little bit of "Hossing" it will move ..

Yeah his excuse on Tri-Klops visor just isn't true. Just twisting it at the head isn't going to loosen it at all. He doesn't mention the color either.

Heroic Warrior
    The only negative is no customer service replacement stock. They really need to produce a little more to cover Qc issues

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, roboto, shadow weaver, entrapta , adora, moss man, stratos, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Quote Originally Posted by ETERNIA FOREVER View Post
    Alright folks there you have it with tri-clops, no need for any hair dryers, screw drivers or any such tools , all you have to do is grab him by the chin and hair and twist and with a little bit of "Hossing" it will move ..
    I'm curious to hear if people who have Tri-Klops think that is true.

----

Sorry all, no time to write my usual summary.

I wish he had owned up to Hawke as well as Teela, but she is the forgotten figure in this wave.

Despite the fact that I think Brian was really disingenuous in this video about Tri-Klops (his own customer service people said the head didn't turn, sorry) and Teela (he admitted at Toyfair that the wrong hip pegs were used, and in the long podcast from last year talked about how they had to compromise on the face because of how hard it is to do narrow eyebrows), I am actually more confident about the next Wave that I was before Wave 1 arrived.

I just wish Super7 would take a few classes on how to interact with customers (customers, not fans) and how to be direct.
    Last edited by jscott991; March 9, 2018 at 08:05pm.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Was hoping to see the updated detail in the figures for MOTUC before the pre order deadline. I’m unable to 100% trust their judgement on unseen changes.

Also would have been nice to see Brian try the head on a newly opened Tri-Clops instead of one pre loosened
    Last edited by bigsexy_j; March 9, 2018 at 08:38pm.

Did anyone else notice that near the end of the cast (7:43) when he started mentioning that the pre-orders are ending on March 15th he said Wave 3 lol? Just something I noticed and when he said Wave 3 it caught my attention at first but then I realized he was talking about Wave 2.
    Last edited by depp76; March 9, 2018 at 08:41pm.

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    The only negative is no customer service replacement stock. They really need to produce a little more to cover Qc issues
    This is a major concern. All I'm going to say is that I hope that Hunga the Harpy is a part of Wave 3 of Collector's Choice and Whiplash, Leech, Kobra Khan and Webstor are the full Club Grayskull wave.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Heroic Warrior
    Iím hoping the next club Grayskull wave is
    Fisto
    Ram man
    Grizzlor or Shadow Weaver
    Whiplash

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, roboto, shadow weaver, entrapta , adora, moss man, stratos, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    This is a major concern. All I'm going to say is that I hope that Hunga the Harpy is a part of Wave 3 of Collector's Choice and Whiplash, Leech, Kobra Khan and Webstor are the full Club Grayskull wave.
    I was assuming he meant no stock to replace figures if you're just simply unhappy with the quality. Surely they made some extras for figures that break, didn't they?

OK so...

No customer service stock? Is there an exception for figures that ARRIVED broken? Like my Lodar? If I can't replace a figure that comes broken through no fault of my own...I feel like I'd be a moron to buy more.
    "..."

Quote Originally Posted by Arek Brimstone View Post
    I was assuming he meant no stock to replace figures if you're just simply unhappy with the quality. Surely they made some extras for figures that break, didn't they?
    I would hope so. Not to mention they could probably sell some of these slowly on ebay 3 years later for 2 times the price and also at Comic-Con and their brick and mortar stores.

Need some clam shell figure protectors Brian. Come on!
    Last edited by Lipster; March 11, 2018 at 08:33pm.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    I'm curious to hear if people who have Tri-Klops think that is true.

----

Sorry all, no time to write my usual summary.

I wish he had owned up to Hawke as well as Teela, but she is the forgotten figure in this wave.

Despite the fact that I think Brian was really disingenuous in this video about Tri-Klops (his own customer service people said the head didn't turn, sorry) and Teela (he admitted at Toyfair that the wrong hip pegs were used, and in the long podcast from last year talked about how they had to compromise on the face because of how hard it is to do narrow eyebrows), I am actually more confident about the next Wave that I was before Wave 1 arrived.

I just wish Super7 would take a few classes on how to interact with customers (customers, not fans) and how to be direct.
    I found myself rolling my eyes through most of the MOTU section.

Quote Originally Posted by Arek Brimstone View Post
    I took it at face value but in this case I hope I am wrong and you are correct.

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

I took it at face value but in this case I hope I am wrong and you are correct.
    Honestly, my instincts say that Arek B is probably right and Super7 probably DOES keep some customer service stock for broken figs. However, we need to take them at their word and not make assumptions on our own. Brian never mentions any replacement stock available. He literally said there is none. So basically, we need some clarification, stat.
    "..."

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    I’m hoping the next club Grayskull wave is
    Fisto
    Ram man
    Grizzlor or Shadow Weaver
    Whiplash
    Yeah thinking about it, I'd probably trade Whiplash out for Ram Man. I can live with the Classics style Whiplash.

Quote Originally Posted by ETERNIA FOREVER View Post
    I wish it was that simple but we have all seen the green residue on the part the visor turns from those who freed theirs up. Yes I'm sure what brian said about the VERY hot plastic is true but the factory workers all put wet visors on the head so the super hot plastic cooling and the wet paint drying cured it stiff. I haven't tried to free mine yet because i'm working a 12 hour shift tomorrow but Sunday I will heat that visor up a lot and see if I can free it up.

- - - Updated - - -

That's if you just want a replacement because you don't like how your Teela looked. I know for a fact super7 ordered extra product because they posted it on their FB page and even have a wait list for people who want to purchase extras, i'm on that wait list
    There have been lots of damaged figures that arrived and Customer service asks for pictures why do that if they don't plan to send out replacements. No company places just exactly what the customer orders they always purchase extras for CS replacement of damaged product
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

This was my favorite video. LOL Brian is awesome. This will tick off all the usual people.
    Thundercats Hooooooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    That's if you just want a replacement because you don't like how your Teela looked. I know for a fact super7 ordered extra product because they posted it on their FB page and even have a wait list for people who want to purchase extras, i'm on that wait list
    There have been lots of damaged figures that arrived and Customer service asks for pictures why do that if they don't plan to send out replacements. No company places just exactly what the customer orders they always purchase extras for CS replacement of damaged product
    That's good to hear, but even you have to admit Brian made it sound like there was no customer service stock for broken figures either. He said in the video the product was only 'made to order'

So nobody noticed that he said Wave 3 LOL?

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    I contacted them about my broken Quakke and as mentioned above I had to take pictures to show them. They said they would see what they could do to replace it so I assume broken figures are covered. I have not heard back yet. Now what is completely weird is I received two shipping notifications today from them but the tracking looks like itís just for my initial orders that arrived 2 weeks ago. Not sure whatís going on with that.

He does make it sound like itís not possible in the video though so I hope this gets cleared up soon.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

That's good to hear, but even you have to admit Brian made it sound like there was no customer service stock for broken figures either. He said in the video the product was only 'made to order'
    I hear ya but think about it, If you are a company and your factory Fubard about 35% of the product that was shipped out and you don't have additional producr put aside to replace said damaged items then No one would bother purchasing product from you again. Brian doesn't strike me as that foolish as to only produce exactly what was orderd by fans and not one figure more.
    Super7 is sitting on additional figures and once wave one is finished shipping Super7 will start looking at replacement orders where fans provided them with pictures of the broken or severly damaged product they received. If super7 posted on their FB page over a month ago that the extra product they ordered on top of fans orders would be sold in their San Fransisco store.

Not to mention Super7 Customer service has people on a wait list for that additional product. I'm on the list for a Lodar & Fangor
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    So nobody noticed that he said Wave 3 LOL?
    I noticed, but figured he included the Ultimates. The entire quarterly thing was out the window with this wave, essentially turning wave 1-2 into wave 1. If you then consider the Ultimates wave 1, this is wave 2, and wave 3 is coming. Algebra
    Thundercats Hooooooooooo!

Ah, silly Pixel Dan... you used a hairdryer and SCREWDRIVER on your Tri-Klops when all you had to do was hold him by the chin and "turn" his visor.... lol.

Also, NO CS stock? WTF?!?

Why wasn't the hip-peg issue addressed?

The cracked/broken plastic?

The cheap paint apps that are rubbing off?

The blastic?

The missing accessories?

Why make a video that tells people (who paid hundreds of dollars) that if they are "unhappy" with their figures, they'll get a refund? What if the "unhappiness" is from a torso that was assembled incorrectly??? And then proceed to tell us to hurry over to the website to drop hundreds of more dollars??

Ugh.... guys, you aren't doing yourselves any favors... we would like ALL of the issues to be addressed please.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the NEW ADVENTURES lineup !!!