Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Super7 Supercast Episode 9

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I know everyone posting here is frustrated.

I get it, believe me.

But know that if Super7 decides that this is more trouble than it's worth, we are done.

Mattel isn't going to start it up again. Mattel could be gone in a couple of years for all we know.

Personally, I can deal with a few QC issues on the first pass with a new factory.

Now of Wave 2 is a mess, I'll be super angry, and I'll be sure to complain as loudly as possible.

We deserve good products. We spend hard earned money. However, maybe I've been expecting flaws considering how big an undertaking this has been for Super7, and that has made me a bit more tolerant.

Very well said and I will add that I believe things WILL get better and here's why:

1)When the PowerCon figures came out, there were issues with the hard plastic used. Wave 1 did not have this issue.

2)I have seen where Super7 paid attention to us, and addressed when we brought up problems and concerns with figures as well as ordering/shipping options.

3)I think the QC issues on Wave 1 are more the factory's fault than Super7. However, with that said, I also believe that Super7 will hold the factory more accountable for any future possible QC issues so that we get better figures in Wave 2 and so on.

4)From what I have seen, Brian seems like a straight up guy trying to sell good quality toys. Yes, there have been and currently are issues, but I do not think Brian will allow such issues to continue. That's just not good business and I fail to believe that Brian is cool with losing money, credibility, and customers.

5)Val has spoke well of Super7 and Brian. In all the years I have been with the .org I have never, EVER seen Val purposely lead any of us astray on anything. Therefore, if Val says Brian and Super7 are good people and that they are honestly trying to iron out all the bugs then that's good enough for me.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    Very well said and I will add that I believe things WILL get better and here's why:

1)When the PowerCon figures came out, there were issues with the hard plastic used. Wave 1 did not have this issue.

2)I have seen where Super7 paid attention to us, and addressed when we brought up problems and concerns with figures as well as ordering/shipping options.

3)I think the QC issues on Wave 1 are more the factory's fault than Super7. However, with that said, I also believe that Super7 will hold the factory more accountable for any future possible QC issues so that we get better figures in Wave 2 and so on.

4)From what I have seen, Brian seems like a straight up guy trying to sell good quality toys. Yes, there have been and currently are issues, but I do not think Brian will allow such issues to continue. That's just not good business and I fail to believe that Brian is cool with losing money, credibility, and customers.

5)Val has spoke well of Super7 and Brian. In all the years I have been with the .org I have never, EVER seen Val purposely lead any of us astray on anything. Therefore, if Val says Brian and Super7 are good people and that they are honestly trying to iron out all the bugs then that's good enough for me.

It seems to me that overall the Powercon figures fared better than this first wave of CC and CG. The only major issues with those figures was the plastic quality, the Hip width, and the necessity to use heat to swap heads.

This new wave has articulation points that don't move, incorrect parts being used that leave figures asymmetrical (after months of effort to fix this issue that the Powecon figures never had), blastic, warped faces, head pegs that sit too low on the neck, frozen visor articulation, and the fact that even after a slight plastic improvement, the heads are really not safe to remove and replace. Some are too tight, some are too loose, neck pegs will stretch or snap, even if heated. All of that plus many more random QC errors like paint problems, two left feet, limbs turned around, etc. than the Powercon figures had.

I also agree that Brian and Co. are obviously trying to do the best they can. At this point if you have seen what the best they can do is, that may or may not be reassuring to you.

This is just from my observation. Your opinion may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    . Without them properly acknowledging the issues like the medium leg pegs and the difficulty getting Tri-Klops visor to turn, I feel like these are non issues in their eyes and that gives me less faith that they will try to be meticulous on wave 2 production. If you cannot admit to your mistake, how do I know you will learn from it?
    I don't understand why he alerted us to the hip peg issue at Toy Fair, and then pretended that we were all crazy for thinking Teela didn't turn out well.

These videos should be frustrating for anyone who pays attention to what Brian says when he's not doing a scripted, heavily edited piece. I almost wonder if the videos are aimed at people that don't really follow the line that much. Are there that many customers who are still buying these, but aren't looking at Super7's Facebook, fan sites, or toy convention coverage? That would surprise me, but I guess it's possible. That would mean the Supercasts are aimed at very casual purchasers who Super7 thinks don't notice hip pegs, paint apps, and non-turning visors.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I know everyone posting here is frustrated.

I get it, believe me.

But know that if Super7 decides that this is more trouble than it's worth, we are done.

Mattel isn't going to start it up again. Mattel could be gone in a couple of years for all we know.

Personally, I can deal with a few QC issues on the first pass with a new factory.

Now of Wave 2 is a mess, I'll be super angry, and I'll be sure to complain as loudly as possible.

We deserve good products. We spend hard earned money. However, maybe I've been expecting flaws considering how big an undertaking this has been for Super7, and that has made me a bit more tolerant.
    This is my stance exactly. Well said.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    This is my stance exactly. Well said.
    Ditto, mine too.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    I never thought my Tri-Klops would see 360 as it was stuck hard. Hard.

I got curious/inspired by the Supercast so gave it the hoss. After a minute of struggle, no go.

Got out the hairdryer. Two minutes of hoss plus heat (and a gentle fingernail) and Tri-Klops is now all seeing. No need for a screwdriver or blade. Hoss and heat. Done. And I'm back out mowing the lawn.

Never was a fan of Tri-Klops. This figure, though, has made me reconsider him. Now I get it. Tri-Klops is definitely cool throughout the canons. Thanks, Super7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i got curious as well and my hossing alone did not do the trick. a few minutes under the hair dryer and some additional hossing made the piece come right off. pretty smooth underneath. put it back on and let it cool back to normal. the piece no longer comes off, but the rotation still works great! this guy is pretty bad ass

Quote Originally Posted by orkorules View Post
    i got curious as well and my hossing alone did not do the trick. a few minutes under the hair dryer and some additional hossing made the piece come right off. pretty smooth underneath. put it back on and let it cool back to normal. the piece no longer comes off, but the rotation still works great! this guy is pretty bad ass
    Did you hoss it without removing his head?

I think Iím going to liberate him from his package today.

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar

Super7 Supercast Episode 9

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post

I didn't remove the head (didn't want to do more than was necessary). One minute under the hairdryer and some twisting and and pulling up on the visor (thumb and forefinger firmly planted on chin and hair as directed ). Another minute under the hairdryer with more twisting and pulling (used my thumbnail to pull the visor up at the chinstrap) and done. Ended up being a lot easier than I expected from all I had seen and read. Good luck!

"Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    I didn't remove the head (didn't want to do more than was necessary). One minute under the hairdryer and some twisting and and pulling up on the visor (thumb and forefinger firmly planted on chin and hair as directed ). Another minute under the hairdryer with more twisting and pulling (used my thumbnail to pull the visor up at the chinstrap) and done. Ended up being a lot easier than I expected from all I had seen and read. Good luck!

Yeah mine freed up easy too, just needed lots of heat from blow dryer but at least it spins freely and no damage to the paint or plastic from a knife or screwdriver.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Yeah, this video is extremely frustrating.

Brian is essentially glossing over the Tri-Klops issue and his explanation and demonstration is patronizing. Not a single apology for what they produced.

Had Brian simply said, "Sorry, I know we messed up. We are aware of the mistakes and we will try harder," that would have been good enough for me.

But nope. He just danced around, ignored all of the other production errors and gave a tutorial on "how to fix" their error.

He gave us a ridiculous plastic manufacturing lesson coupled with an impossible to accomplish head turning demonstration.

I'm sorry, but there shouldn't have to be a video tutorial on how to repair their figures. A $35 figure better show up functional and properly assembled.

He showed a bit of humbleness when offering to refund Teela, which I appreciate, but he should have extended this to all of the figures. Teela is not the only figure that people are disappointed with.

And the question mark regarding replacement stock still looms for many of us.

I for one have always appreciated Brian's attempts at humor and light-heartedness, but to not address the glaring problems with MOTUC right before the Wave 2 presale closes is the exact wrong thing to do.

I for one am a customer who is still on the fence about quitting the line. And I can honestly say that Supercast #9 has only pushed me further from buying then before it came out.

Brian acted like this product is the best that they can do. Not once does he say, we will improve these figures going forward. Not once does he say, send us your manufacture errors so we can kick the factory's butt into shape.

This video gave me ZERO confidence that these figures will be better going forward.
    Last edited by Uncle Jake; March 12, 2018 at 12:07pm.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post

No I did not remove the head from the peg. That is not necessary. If anything, it may make it more difficult, not to mention the possibility of the peg breaking.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    OK so...

No customer service stock? Is there an exception for figures that ARRIVED broken? Like my Lodar? If I can't replace a figure that comes broken through no fault of my own...I feel like I'd be a moron to buy more.
    Agreed. I had my money tied up for almost a year, and received a Hordak with an upside down frozen shoulder and broken bicep swivel, and a Man at Arms without his club. If I don't get what I paid for after that wait, paid in advance, no way in hades I'll order again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    Yeah, this video is extremely frustrating.

Brian is essentially glossing over the Tri-Klops issue and his explanation and demonstration is patronizing. Not a single apology for what they produced.

Had Brian simply said, "Sorry, I know we messed up. We are aware of the mistakes and we will try harder," that would have been good enough for me.

But nope. He just danced around, ignored all of the other production errors and gave a tutorial on "how to fix" their error.

He gave us a ridiculous plastic manufacturing lesson coupled with an impossible to accomplish head turning demonstration.

I'm sorry, but there shouldn't have to be a video tutorial on how to repair their figures. A $35 figure better show up functional and properly assembled.

He showed a bit of humbleness when offering to refund Teela, which I appreciate, but he should have extended this to all of the figures. Teela is not the only figure that people are disappointed with.

And the question mark regarding replacement stock still looms for many of us.

I for one have always appreciated Brian's attempts at humor and light-heartedness, but to not address the glaring problems with MOTUC right before the Wave 2 presale closes is the exact wrong thing to do.

I for one am a customer who is still on the fence about quitting the line. And I can honestly say that Supercast #9 has only pushed me further from buying then before it came out.

Brian acted like this product is the best that they can do. Not once does he say, we will improve these figures going forward. Not once does he say, send us your manufacture errors so we can kick the factory's butt into shape.

This video gave me ZERO confidence that these figures will be better going forward.
    I like Brian, but I don't think he understands premium figures and what it is people like about them. It's not what Super 7 does. It doesn't make him a bad guy, but maybe a bad guy for this particular job.

And maybe not! Time will tell. I wish Super 7 the best and hope for the best. It's just hard to accept things will improve when they think the problem was revealing prototypes too early.

Mattel always showed them early. The issue is the end result being subpar quality wise. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    I like Brian, but I don't think he understands premium figures and what it is people like about them. It's not what Super 7 does. It doesn't make him a bad guy, but maybe a bad guy for this particular job.

And maybe not! Time will tell. I wish Super 7 the best and hope for the best. It's just hard to accept things will improve when they think the problem was revealing prototypes too early.

Mattel always showed them early. The issue is the end result being subpar quality wise. That's it.
    I gotta agree with this here.

Well said.

It's hard to believe that the next wave will be any better when the company producing them continues to look past the problems that are right in their face.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the NEW ADVENTURES lineup !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    I'm guessing the reason you never hear anyone apologizing is because that makes them legally culpable. We saw this with Mattel a lot. The one time I recall them apologizing for a messed up figure they actually compensated customers for it.

Their legal reps probably tell them "never apologize".

That is pure speculation of course. But it makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post

Excellent post and it's the truth

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. I had my money tied up for almost a year, and received a Hordak with an upside down frozen shoulder and broken bicep swivel, and a Man at Arms without his club. If I don't get what I paid for after that wait, paid in advance, no way in hades I'll order again.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually all Mattel showed us were The Horsemens Prototype sculpts in a slide show at Matty Palooza's and then the subscriptions went on sale. They never showed us the first pass at a figure from the factory or even a factory sample that they were making corrections on.

Rio Blast from Horsemen sculpt to final product changed drasticly, All the females did too we got skirts instead of the leotard look the Horsemen sculpted. We basicly saw final product from mattel and when it was flawed mattel was like Oh well we can't go back into production on that figure. "This is your king Hsss " ring a bell?
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

I enjoyed the video. In world where electronics are the future for kids, we are an endangered species. The news that toysrus may close all stores as early as this week adds to the constant fight we have in this hobby. I just bought a play mobile ghostbusters figure at toysrus and the packet inside has more info on the app to use with the figure. That is the future I guess.

All I'm saying is,yes some figures had some issues. I hate hawke,others like her. I just never felt she belonged in classics at all in this form. But,I am still glad to have her with the others....just hiding with razz. With retail space dying for toys,and more and more becoming kick starter type lines I am beyond happy to see these super7 figures in my collection. This line,against all odds,......and I am sure toyguru can tell one day what a miracle this line really was....has continued from 2008. That is amazing!

The fact is,it truly is this or nothing. And even the issues with a few figures are not that bad for me anyway.

Also... Brian,so happy you are doing the reaction monsters again,I passed on the funko ones. I am all in for those and most of your reaction stuff!
    Comedian on the matty forums.

"Take care of the customer and the business will take care of itself".

Ray Croc

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    I'm curious to hear if people who have Tri-Klops think that is true.

----

Sorry all, no time to write my usual summary.

I wish he had owned up to Hawke as well as Teela, but she is the forgotten figure in this wave.

Despite the fact that I think Brian was really disingenuous in this video about Tri-Klops (his own customer service people said the head didn't turn, sorry) and Teela (he admitted at Toyfair that the wrong hip pegs were used, and in the long podcast from last year talked about how they had to compromise on the face because of how hard it is to do narrow eyebrows), I am actually more confident about the next Wave that I was before Wave 1 arrived.

I just wish Super7 would take a few classes on how to interact with customers (customers, not fans) and how to be direct.
    I think Brian's a great guy, but I'm sorry to say that is simply NOT true.
    I tried as he suggested to the point that I felt I might actually damage the figure.
    It simply would not budge.
    I suppose it's possible there may be some figures out there that do, but mine (and most people I've spoken to who bought Tri-Klops) simply would not work in the manner Brian is suggesting.
    I used a hair dryer and a very small flat head screwdriver and got the visor off.
    Once I put it back on (again, using the hair dryer), it worked just fine.
    I will note that with my figure, the part where the visor goes was very clean.
    I mention this because I know that when Dan reviewed his figure, it had a lot of gunk under there.
    So I was happy not to find that.
    But yes... the hair dryer was indeed necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ETERNIA FOREVER View Post
    Alright folks there you have it with tri-clops, no need for any hair dryers, screw drivers or any such tools , all you have to do is grab him by the chin and hair and twist and with a little bit of "Hossing" it will move ..
    Sorry but this is simply NOT true.
    This may be the case with a few figures out there, but most people I've spoken with were not able to do this.
    And I was not able to do this, either. And I really tried.
    The hair dryer is really the only way. If you do it carefully, you can get it to work fine without damaging the figure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    This was my favorite video. LOL Brian is awesome. This will tick off all the usual people.
    I actually usually love Brian's videos and rarely say anything on here. And I love the figures -- even the ones that have some issues.
    But the fact remains that what he said about Tri-Klops in particular is simply not true.
    I do feel he's doing his best, but this particular video did feel a bit patronizing.
    Given that we paid a year in advance, I personally would appreciate a little less snark when addressing manufacturing errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Palazzolor View Post
    "Take care of the customer and the business will take care of itself".

Ray Croc
    Quoted from Ray Croc, and quoted for truth!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the NEW ADVENTURES lineup !!!