Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Super7 Supercast Episode 9

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I noticed, but figured he included the Ultimates. The entire quarterly thing was out the window with this wave, essentially turning wave 1-2 into wave 1. If you then consider the Ultimates wave 1, this is wave 2, and wave 3 is coming. Algebra
    Yeah that makes sense I guess I just didn't think of the Ulmates as being "Wave 1". But if you look at it that way then what they are shipping out now would be "Wave 2" and the still open pre-order is for "Wave 3". I guess lol.
    Last edited by depp76; March 9, 2018 at 11:58pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Ah, silly Pixel Dan... you used a hairdryer and SCREWDRIVER on your Tri-Klops when all you had to do was hold him by the chin and "turn" his visor.... lol.

Also, NO CS stock? WTF?!?

Why wasn't the hip-peg issue addressed?

The cracked/broken plastic?

The cheap paint apps that are rubbing off?

The blastic?

The missing accessories?

Why make a video that tells people (who paid hundreds of dollars) that if they are "unhappy" with their figures, they'll get a refund? What if the "unhappiness" is from a torso that was assembled incorrectly??? And then proceed to tell us to hurry over to the website to drop hundreds of more dollars??

Ugh.... guys, you aren't doing yourselves any favors... we would like ALL of the issues to be addressed please.
    The answer to this is simple. These videos are nothing more than self aggrandizing and marketing. They are using these videos to promote themselves and their product. It is obvious at this point that they will never admit any fault or apologize, at least in this particular format. So, you can watch these videos for amusement, but never for any useful information. Goofy propaganda at its finest. I have to admit, the production values, and even Brian's charisma are amusing. But the fact that this is the main way they communicate with us after an absolute debacle of a wave without as much as admitting to their obvious shortcomings, keeps me from being distracted by the shiny. Still aggravated.. Still incensed. Still know you don't know what you are doing. This is evident if he really believes all Tri-Klops visors can be rotated in the fashion he demonstrated. Maybe there should have been a little more QC testing done on more random figures after hearing numerous customer frustrations.

Or maybe, he has the strongest hands in the bay area. Here's some advice for the next wave. Before you send out Man-e-Faces to every one, just have Brian go to the factory, and have him "Hoss" all of the face turning mechanisms before they are boxed up for shipment.

I will say I am super impressed by the production value of these videos. They are really good at making them. I would prefer however that they were better at making MOTUC figures. I guess I will just have to be more amused by their Marketing than their product.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    the answer to this is simple. These videos are nothing more than self aggrandizing and marketing. They are using these videos to promote themselves and their product. It is obvious at this point that they will never admit any fault or apologize, at least in this particular format. So, you can watch these videos for amusement, but never for any useful information. Goofy propaganda at its finest. I have to admit, the production values, and even brian's charisma are amusing. But the fact that this is the main way they communicate with us after an absolute debacle of a wave without as much as admitting to their obvious shortcomings, keeps me from being distracted by the shiny. Still aggravated.. Still incensed. Still know you don't know what you are doing. This is evident if he really believes all tri-klops visors can be rotated in the fashion he demonstrated. Maybe there should have been a little more qc testing done on more random figures after hearing numerous customer frustrations.

Or maybe, he has the strongest hands in the bay area. Here's some advice for the next wave. Before you send out man-e-faces to every one, just have brian go to the factory, and have him "hoss" all of the face turning mechanisms before they are boxed up for shipment.

I will say i am super impressed by the production value of these videos. They are really good at making them. I would prefer however that they were better at making motuc figures. I guess i will just have to be more amused by their marketing than their product.
    Yup. THIS.
    Last edited by depp76; March 10, 2018 at 12:29am.

The answer to this is simple... maybe he has the strongest hands in the bay area. Here's some advice for the next wave. Before you send out Man-e-Faces to every one, just have Brian go to the factory, and have him "Hoss" all of the face turning mechanisms before they are boxed up for shipment.
    Last edited by ETERNIA FOREVER; March 10, 2018 at 01:04am.

Heroic Warrior
    Always enjoy the supercasts and the enthusiasm that is put into them.

The little digs at the naysayers are particularly amusing

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Yeah that makes sense I guess I just didn't think of the Ulmates as being "Wave 1". But if you look at it that way then what they are shipping out now would be "Wave 2" and the still open pre-order is for "Wave 3". I guess lol.
    I just looked back to my Super 7 email and it states that wave 1 has shipped... which I have received. I'm just confused about these waves because obviously the next wave is wave 2. Not 3. Super 7 is referring to what we are receiving right now as wave 1. So what wave are we on? Yet Brian said on the supercast that the pre-orders for Wave 3 end on March 15th??? Umm... that should be Wave 2 . Not trying to be confusing or anything...
    Last edited by depp76; March 10, 2018 at 01:20am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I just looked back to my Super 7 email and it states that wave 1 has shipped... which I have received. I'm just confused about these waves because obviously the next wave is wave 2. Not 3. Super 7 is referring to what we are receiving right now as wave 1. So what wave are we on? Yet Brian said on the supercast that the pre-orders for Wave 3 end on March 15th??? Umm... that should be Wave 2 . Not trying to be confusing or anything...
    Not wanting to single you out, but this is a prime example of why I think there is not a lot of communication from S7. The MOTUC fan base dissects and analysis every single word and half the time manage to make it way more important than it is.

I mean, there are really only two things that can be determined from his comment on "Wave 3"

1. Ultimates = Wave 1, set we are currently receiving = Wave 2, current pre-order= Wave 3.....or
    2. He made a mistake.

[QUOTE=WalkerBoh;3771515]Not wanting to single you out, but this

Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBoh View Post
    Not wanting to single you out, but this is a prime example of why I think there is not a lot of communication from S7. The MOTUC fan base dissects and analysis every single word and half the time manage to make it way more important than it is.

I mean, there are really only two things that can be determined from his comment on "Wave 3"

1. Ultimates = Wave 1, set we are currently receiving = Wave 2, current pre-order= Wave 3.....or
    2. He made a mistake.
    Thanks for not singling me out . Hey at least I'm not complaining about a figure I'm just questioning about a wave number LOL. I will just go with the idea that Ultimates is Wave 1, what we are receiving is Wave 2, and pre-order is Wave 3.
    Last edited by depp76; March 10, 2018 at 02:14am.

Heroic Warrior
    [QUOTE=depp76;3771517]
    Not wanting to single you out, but this

Thanks for not singling me out . Hey at least I'm not complaining about a figure I'm just questioning about a wave number LOL.
    Sorry dude.

Really was not a dig at you. It was just a perfect example of what happens in the forum.

Not a prob it's all good I'll just leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    The only negative is no customer service replacement stock. They really need to produce a little more to cover Qc issues
    AGREED!!! I have a Hawke that has got an extremely nasty missing patch of paint on her left ribs. I emailed about a replacement have yet to hear back. Now I know why.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Despite all the issues folks have raised with the MOTU figures since Super7 took over, all mine seem perfectly fine, and I am guessing that will be the same with 'wave 1'. I praise the Elders every day that someone (being Super7) is keeping the line alive.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

2. He made a mistake.
    Yes, the email I received yesterday (plugging the SuperCast. And the Pre-Order.) refers to the current Pre-Order in writing as "Wave 2". I'm guessing that Brian simply mis-spoke. It happens to the chest of us.
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

The answer to this is simple. These videos are nothing more than self aggrandizing and marketing. They are using these videos to promote themselves and their product. It is obvious at this point that they will never admit any fault or apologize, at least in this particular format. So, you can watch these videos for amusement, but never for any useful information. Goofy propaganda at its finest.
    That's not the case, but I get why you feel that way. Instead, what is happening is Brian likes to use levity and he has positive intent.

But, for people who spent a lot of money and also have concerns or complaints, they want to be treated serious, and they want the info they receive to also be serious. So those people who are upset translate the levity into insult.

I definitely understand why people feel that way when they're in a serious mindset, but that's not Brian's goal here with any of his videos. He's actively looking to inform.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    That's not the case, but I get why you feel that way. Instead, what is happening is Brian likes to use levity and he has positive intent.

But, for people who spent a lot of money and also have concerns or complaints, they want to be treated serious, and they want the info they receive to also be serious. So those people who are upset translate the levity into insult.

I definitely understand why people feel that way when they're in a serious mindset, but that's not Brian's goal here with any of his videos. He's actively looking to inform.
    I think most get that, but look at the way the spinning visor was addressed. His own CS stated it wasn’t supposed to turn, multiple people needed heating and tools even Pixel Dan to get it to budge. When it’s apart there are multiple pictures showing green on the flesh colour. You think all this people didn’t just try a little force first?

I am not insulted. He did not patronize me. He didn't disparage my dog. I am just stating the reality of the situation. These videos are slickly produced and for the most part, highly entertaining. If I was in his shoes, I might take the same tact with these videos. The only thing that is aggravating, is that these things are about the only way they communicate. There were a couple of social media posts that described factory and production issues, but there is never any follow up to those. He had previously addressed the issue of miss-matched thigh pegs, but gave no explanation as to why or how this occurred when it was a top priority and delayed the figures release for months.

And he also explained what he understood to be the real issue with Tri-Klop's visor previously. I appreciated his perspective on that issue. But in this video, his simple "twist off cap" solution shows that he is not aware of the severity of bond that has been created by whatever means. And that is a problem that also needs to be addressed. Both in the actual frozen visors, and the fact that he doesn't realize the magnitude of the problem.

The facts are that these videos are 70% entertainment, 25% marketing, and about 5% information, and most of that information is what is in stock and when.

He also reiterated here that we will see even less of the figures before they are at an almost final level of production. This theoretically solves the issue of pre-ordering items that are different than what we receive. But it also gives the customers less of a chance to point out issues like reversed shoulders and wide hips. Now we will have to rely even more on Brian's eye for detail to catch any QC issues, and what he considers to be the best iteration of these figures. As we have all seen with Matty and Super-7, it is usually best when many eyes see a product to catch issues, major and minor.

That's not the case, but I get why you feel that way. Instead, what is happening is Brian likes to use levity and he has positive intent. but that's not Brian's goal here with any of his videos. He's actively looking to inform.
    Now that we are all Informed by Brian on how to loosen and make tri-clops head move.. Val here is what i would like for you to do the next time you see Brian at a convention or where ever, i want you to walk up to him with a sealed filmation tri-clops in one hand and a camera in another, start filming, have him open that tri-clops grab him by the hair and chin and then start doin some hossing, I am very interested to see what happens next ...And kindly share the video for all here on the .org too see Thanks
    Last edited by ETERNIA FOREVER; March 10, 2018 at 11:38am.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    ...but look at the way the spinning visor was addressed. His own CS stated it wasn’t supposed to turn..
    Their CS guy accidentally got the info wrong in that one e-mail correspondence that we know of. That's all that happened. Mattel's CS did the same thing from time to time.

I am just stating the reality of the situation. ...The facts are that these videos are 70% entertainment, 25% marketing, and about 5% information, and most of that information is what is in stock and when.
    You're certainly welcome to your opinion. But labeling that assessment as "reality" is inaccurate. No offense!
    But even if you walk away from this video feeling it was less than informative, I talk to Super7 on a frequent basis, I can assure you that wasn't the intent with this or past videos.

I'm not unsympathetic to the frustrations expressed over these figures by those with concerns or criticism. But I feel we should try not to let those frustrations negatively influence our perception of things. And in this case, those frustrations are causing some fans to read something into Brian's video that wasn't what he was trying to achieve.

That's all I'm saying. I'm not arguing that things couldn't have been covered in more detail, or that more info couldn't have been provided.

Like with Tri-Klops, we're finding out a little elbow grease isn't all it takes. But I think they recorded this a week ago. So at the time, and with the samples Brian has, that bit of manual turning may be all he needed to work his free and he was simply relaying the info he knew at the time. I never saw the recorded video until you all did so I'm just guessing. I just know from conversations with them about how they feel about what they write in posts or say in videos.

They communicate in their own way. So for anyone who doesn't like the way the videos are handled, or if you'd like them to have more info, etc, I encourage you to contact them and let them know.
    And I mean contact them in that you use their e-mail form. Here is a link, with the contact form found at the bottom of the page.
    Because comments here, or on their FB, or on their Instagram, or on their YouTube can easily get lost in the shuffle. But direct e-mails are hard to ignore.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    I am not insulted. He did not patronize me. He didn't disparage my dog. I am just stating the reality of the situation. These videos are slickly produced and for the most part, highly entertaining. If I was in his shoes, I might take the same tact with these videos. The only thing that is aggravating, is that these things are about the only way they communicate. There were a couple of social media posts that described factory and production issues, but there is never any follow up to those. He had previously addressed the issue of miss-matched thigh pegs, but gave no explanation as to why or how this occurred when it was a top priority and delayed the figures release for months.

And he also explained what he understood to be the real issue with Tri-Klop's visor previously. I appreciated his perspective on that issue. But in this video, his simple "twist off cap" solution shows that he is not aware of the severity of bond that has been created by whatever means. And that is a problem that also needs to be addressed. Both in the actual frozen visors, and the fact that he doesn't realize the magnitude of the problem.

The facts are that these videos are 70% entertainment, 25% marketing, and about 5% information, and most of that information is what is in stock and when.

He also reiterated here that we will see even less of the figures before they are at an almost final level of production. This theoretically solves the issue of pre-ordering items that are different than what we receive. But it also gives the customers less of a chance to point out issues like reversed shoulders and wide hips. Now we will have to rely even more on Brian's eye for detail to catch any QC issues, and what he considers to be the best iteration of these figures. As we have all seen with Matty and Super-7, it is usually best when many eyes see a product to catch issues, major and minor.
    Totally agree with every single topic addressed here, I think this is a critic yet balanced opinion based on facts.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Quote Originally Posted by thew40 View Post
    Brian seems like such a fun guy. I love his energy.

My only question is actually regarding the payment plan. Is the payment plan still in place for the pre-order? And if it is, what are the payment dates? Does anyone know? Right now, that's the only thing holding me back from pre-ordering.

~W~
    The payment plan is still available. First payment is taken when you make the order. Second one on April 15th and the third on May 15th.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    I never thought my Tri-Klops would see 360 as it was stuck hard. Hard.

I got curious/inspired by the Supercast so gave it the hoss. After a minute of struggle, no go.

Got out the hairdryer. Two minutes of hoss plus heat (and a gentle fingernail) and Tri-Klops is now all seeing. No need for a screwdriver or blade. Hoss and heat. Done. And I'm back out mowing the lawn.

Never was a fan of Tri-Klops. This figure, though, has made me reconsider him. Now I get it. Tri-Klops is definitely cool throughout the canons. Thanks, Super7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Totally Dyslexic
    Okay, so they seem to have the prototypes for wave three.

Why not give a list of names. That would ease the tension and makes everyone curious. Something like:

Wave 1 will be:
    Quake (vinatge toy style)
    Lodar
    Hawke (FILMATION style)
    Fang-Or (MOTUC classics)

Like so we all would know what to expect and what to look forward to.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Okay, so they seem to have the prototypes for wave three.

Why not give a list of names. That would ease the tension and makes everyone curious.
    I recommend submitting that as a question to the Q&A.

2. He made a mistake.
    Pretty sure he just misspoke, because I thought he called the next wave of figures Wave 3 earlier in the video.

Either way...does it really matter? We know what figures he's talking about.

Brian seems really cool and he seems to care about these toy lines. I was a little taken back when Mattel handed over the rights to MOTU to Super 7 but so far it seems like a good move. There's always going to be setbacks and nothing is always perfect but I think Brian and the Super 7 crew are doing pretty good. Are they doing everything they can? Well, that dude's custom Filmation Teela face paint is noticeably better than what was released so while I'd be hard pressed to say they're doing everything they can, they're definitely doing pretty well all things considered. I still trust Super 7 (for now) and hope to see a lot of cool stuff come our way.