Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Super7 Supercast Episode 9

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I recommend submitting that as a question to the Q&A.
    Okidoki.

I can do that. I just posted another question but i can take a hint
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Okidoki.

I can do that. I just posted another question but i can take a hint
    Ohh , sorry. I didn't realize you had already posted one question.
    Maybe someone will ask it for you.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Totally Dyslexic
    Ohh , sorry. I didn't realize you had already posted one question.
    Maybe someone will ask it for you.
    I changed it, the other question can wait
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

That's not the case, but I get why you feel that way. Instead, what is happening is Brian likes to use levity and he has positive intent.

But, for people who spent a lot of money and also have concerns or complaints, they want to be treated serious, and they want the info they receive to also be serious. So those people who are upset translate the levity into insult.

I definitely understand why people feel that way when they're in a serious mindset, but that's not Brian's goal here with any of his videos. He's actively looking to inform.
    I don't mind the levity... in fact, I appreciate his demeanor after everything that has been going on these last two years. My gripe is that there are a WHOLE lot of more issues that need addressing from Brian and company. He said it himself, it's been two weeks since the figures started shipping... I know he has had to have gotten wind of all the QC mess going on.

Even if he doesn't have straight answers, just acknowledging the problem would be a huge step in the right direction...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the NEW ADVENTURES lineup !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    I just wish Super7 would take a few classes on how to interact with customers (customers, not fans) and how to be direct.
    I hear Mattel are offering customer service tuition...

I actually think the communication is pretty good. It needs to have a positive tone, and I think the videos convey that. But I'm with you on your point about us being customers first and foremost.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

I love and appreciate that Super 7 have taken on MotUC and Filmation. I'm an "all in" kinda guy. But, as I sit here STILL waiting for my 13 figures (group order that I placed on DAY 1 of the pre-sale) to arrive, and look at all the quality issues, I'm terrified to think of what my figures are going to look like. Or if they're going to break/paint rub when I take them out of the box. Even more so now that I know there is no Customer Service replacement stock.
    This is what I took away from the video:

• There's nothing wrong with Triklops! Stop emailing me cos you know nothing about toy making! Use you muscles to turn his visor! Dah!
    • We'll, never admit that we ruined Teela, but we did. Check out the wide leg pins on the Teela I'm holding up! This is your Teela. Take her, or go without. I really don't care that it was your money that helped make these toys happen. Kthxbye.
    • We're not showing you early samples anymore! Cos you're all whingers. And I already have your money, so... Sure, it was you guys that pointed out the wide crotch issue on this wave, but if you hadn't of told us, you would of had these exact figures in hand months ago, cos we only half fixed the issue. And by "half", I mean, "we gave most Teela's 1 long pin, and 1 short pin. So, it all balances out! LOL!
    • Hawke? Never heard of her...
    • "Everyone goes mental that these figures are all screwed up and we'll never be okay and the world has ended" Again, I have your money fool! I don't care what you say now! *sassy air snaps*

We are 10 years into Classics, and at this point, given the character choices, it's only us die-hard fans keeping it alive. I've subbed from Day 1. I have tried to stay positive, but there are too many things wrong with these figures. The height of the females, the paint rubs, the leg pins, the inability to swap/remove heads, Hawkes head, the inexplicable shipping process... Making jokes about "ruining childhoods" is a way to whitewash over the fact there are genuine issues that you choose not to address. I also see it as an attempt to make customers look petty. And, you know what, it's all too dismissive for the price that we pay. Especially for us international collectors. I pay at least 25% more than the US per figure, plus $70AU shipping. So, yeah, my expectations are high. I don't think it's too much to ask that Super 7 take our concerns a little more seriously.
    But, at the end of the day, he has our money and we're at Super 7s mercy.

Because comments here, or on their FB, or on their Instagram, or on their YouTube can easily get lost in the shuffle. But direct e-mails are hard to ignore.
    With all due respect, they ignore emails all the time.

I won't reiterate here all the times I've had my emails ignored (and about actual customer service questions) or people here have posted the same.

The videos aren't to my taste. Brian isn't the kind of person I prefer to do business with. Those are my opinions. I understand that.

But he does not do a good job informing people on these videos. He's a lot more forthright with Pixel Dan in interviews and he was extremely open in that long podcast late last year. But the videos tend to make light of or gloss over serious problems with the figures and his jokes imply that he views a lot of the criticism of the figures as whining. Tri-Klops' visor and the female hip pegs aren't just figments of the imagination of whiners. They are serious problems with the figures that Super7 has, at points, acknowledged. The video didn't reflect that.
    Last edited by jscott991; March 11, 2018 at 12:02am.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

I know everyone posting here is frustrated.

I get it, believe me.

But know that if Super7 decides that this is more trouble than it's worth, we are done.

Mattel isn't going to start it up again. Mattel could be gone in a couple of years for all we know.

Personally, I can deal with a few QC issues on the first pass with a new factory.

Now of Wave 2 is a mess, I'll be super angry, and I'll be sure to complain as loudly as possible.

We deserve good products. We spend hard earned money. However, maybe I've been expecting flaws considering how big an undertaking this has been for Super7, and that has made me a bit more tolerant.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra, Slamurai, Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Mini-Comic/Vintage Toy costume Catra, The Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, The Twiggets, Melaktha, Sagitar, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, Weapons Paks, Fuerza T figures, 200X Sorceress, King Miro.

Filmation Variants: Prince Adam, Adora, Count Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Modulok, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    With all due respect, they ignore emails all the time.

I won't reiterate here all the times I've had my emails ignored (and about actual customer service questions) or people here have posted the same.

The videos aren't to my taste. Brian isn't the kind of person I prefer to do business with. Those are my opinions. I understand that.

But he does not do a good job informing people on these videos. He's a lot more forthright with Pixel Dan in interviews and he was extremely open in that long podcast late last year. But the videos tend to make light of or gloss over serious problems with the figures and his jokes imply that he views a lot of the criticism of the figures as whining. Tri-Klops' visor and the female hip pegs aren't just figments of the imagination of whiners. They are serious problems with the figures that Super7 has, at points, acknowledged. The video didn't reflect that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    I love and appreciate that Super 7 have taken on MotUC and Filmation. I'm an "all in" kinda guy. But, as I sit here STILL waiting for my 13 figures (group order that I placed on DAY 1 of the pre-sale) to arrive, and look at all the quality issues, I'm terrified to think of what my figures are going to look like. Or if they're going to break/paint rub when I take them out of the box. Even more so now that I know there is no Customer Service replacement stock.
    This is what I took away from the video:

• There's nothing wrong with Triklops! Stop emailing me cos you know nothing about toy making! Use you muscles to turn his visor! Dah!
    • We'll, never admit that we ruined Teela, but we did. Check out the wide leg pins on the Teela I'm holding up! This is your Teela. Take her, or go without. I really don't care that it was your money that helped make these toys happen. Kthxbye.
    • We're not showing you early samples anymore! Cos you're all whingers. And I already have your money, so... Sure, it was you guys that pointed out the wide crotch issue on this wave, but if you hadn't of told us, you would of had these exact figures in hand months ago, cos we only half fixed the issue. And by "half", I mean, "we gave most Teela's 1 long pin, and 1 short pin. So, it all balances out! LOL!
    • Hawke? Never heard of her...
    • "Everyone goes mental that these figures are all screwed up and we'll never be okay and the world has ended" Again, I have your money fool! I don't care what you say now! *sassy air snaps*

We are 10 years into Classics, and at this point, given the character choices, it's only us die-hard fans keeping it alive. I've subbed from Day 1. I have tried to stay positive, but there are too many things wrong with these figures. The height of the females, the paint rubs, the leg pins, the inability to swap/remove heads, Hawkes head, the inexplicable shipping process... Making jokes about "ruining childhoods" is a way to whitewash over the fact there are genuine issues that you choose not to address. I also see it as an attempt to make customers look petty. And, you know what, it's all too dismissive for the price that we pay. Especially for us international collectors. I pay at least 25% more than the US per figure, plus $70AU shipping. So, yeah, my expectations are high. I don't think it's too much to ask that Super 7 take our concerns a little more seriously.
    But, at the end of the day, he has our money and we're at Super 7s mercy.
    This is all very well said.

I think Oz-Scott hit the nail on the head when he said that Super7 is being dismissive.

Brian is trying to do a good thing, I get that, but at the same time you can't tell me that he didn't know what he was getting in to. If he is as big a fan as he claims, then he knows that MOTU carries some of the most passionate fans with it. He has taken thousands of our dollars and now has a whole list of serious problems to deal with... yet, he chooses to address just one?

We deserve to see that Super7 at least acknowledges that the problems exist... if, for nothing else, so that it will put some of us at ease hoping these problems won't persist in wave 2. Instead, we hear nothing on the paint issue, the assembly issue, the hip-peg issue, the accessory issue, or the brittle joint issue and instead have to wonder if these problems will plague the next set of figures.

Also, posting a video in which there is a sales pitch for the next wave, after hearing about all of the problems we've been seeing is in poor taste, IMO. Even worse than that is the fact that he says there is no Customer Service Stock with which to issue replacements. I don't think that is fair to a fan who has supported the production of these figures and then receives one that is assembled backwards. It is a good way to push away a lot of potential customers though...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

I get it, believe me.

But know that if Super7 decides that this is more trouble than it's worth, we are done.

Mattel isn't going to start it up again. Mattel could be gone in a couple of years for all we know.

Personally, I can deal with a few QC issues on the first pass with a new factory.

Now of Wave 2 is a mess, I'll be super angry, and I'll be sure to complain as loudly as possible.

We deserve good products. We spend hard earned money. However, maybe I've been expecting flaws considering how big an undertaking this has been for Super7, and that has made me a bit more tolerant.
    Well said. Agreed

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, roboto, shadow weaver, entrapta , adora, moss man, stratos, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

While I know there are genuine issues, I'm pleased with the figures I received and was looking forward to wave 2.

However after watching this video, I no longer feel as positive about the line as I did before I saw it. I agree with everything Oz-Scott and jscott991 have said and I think Super7 should have stopped silent and not bothered posting the video. It's left me regretting ordering the amount of figures I have from Wave 2
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

I get it, believe me.

I understand that this is the position of many. Better to have flawed figures than none. But at the price we pay for these figures, now that we are at the N-Z tier, put me in the camp that would rather have nothing than figures flawed at the level we are most assuredly to receive going forward. If Almost a years worth of extra production time gets us this quality, it is illogical to think we will get much better figures than this. The facts are that Teela has been botched yet again, even all of Super-7's Horses and all of Super-7's men ( ) couldn't put Teela back together again (with the proper hip pegs, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    That's if you just want a replacement because you don't like how your Teela looked.
    Hang on... Thinking about it, why would you want a replacement if you don't like how Teela turned out? It's not like a replacement would be any different to the one you originally received so I don't get what your saying?

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Hang on... Thinking about it, why would you want a replacement if you don't like how Teela turned out? It's not like a replacement would be any different to the one you originally received so I don't get what your saying?
    It might have 2 small (correct) hip pegs. It might also have better paint apps. This is level if bedlam is all brought on by production error variants that out number the correctly produced figures.

I will expand on my statement above. If this is the quality of figures we will receive, I don't want them to exist. It doesn't represent the property very well. Why might this be happening? Have you seen the amount of SKUS or individual products Super-7 is producing? It is starting to approach a NECA level of diverse offerings. Included in that are no less than 4 different MOTU product types/lines. If they can't handle all of these products being produced at once (seemingly under the excuse that they are a small company) then I would rather they focus on fewer SKUS and get those right. We have yet to see the big reveal of the Vintage 5 inch line's final production figures. I hope those don't turn out similarly to their classic's offerings.

My armchair analyst view really believes that if the Four Horsemen were the sole producers of these figures, they would not have allowed them to be shipped in the state they are in. History has shown that. And they are an even smaller producer of toys. But they know when they have bitten off more than they can chew, and if they have, to make sure to make it right and stand by their products quality. It is after all their reputation on the line. And so far, they have earned a much better one than Super-7 in making these types of more complicated figures.

We will ultimately see where Super-7's competency level in making action figures lies. We know they are great at 5 points of articulation retro figures. So far it is questionable how well they can produce highly articulated figures. It is still up in the air how they will be able to handle the middle ground of the 5 inch vintage figures. So far their minimal offering's there have been OK. We will see where their sweet spot will be. But that will take a lot of time. They have a long way to go. Hopefully they can produce all of their figures as well as their Super-7 Supercasts before we have more waves like this.
    Last edited by darkmoon766; March 11, 2018 at 12:28pm.

Yeah, though I like the videos a lot, the part about not having replacement stock is what troubled me the most. I guess the figures really were "made to order". Again, I believe all the problems we are seeing are because of money/cost. Mattel had the money to go back and have the factory re-do thousands of figures, but whatever Super did, they were sort of stuck with it, and had to just go with what was produced and hope that more were good than bad.

I get it, believe me.

When I’ve received my figures, I’ve thought: “it will be a really disaster!” Because reading here on He-man.org and also on FB the whining of some guys, I was ready at the worst!
    But after, during I opened Super7 packages, I found out it was not like that!
    Maybe I had been lucky but my figures are great and the defects are like Mattel defects.
    So... maybe we should ship to drink a big beer more, many never happy guys so we can enjoy this moment in peace.
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Yeah, though I like the videos a lot, the part about not having replacement stock is what troubled me the most. I guess the figures really were "made to order". Again, I believe all the problems we are seeing are because of money/cost. Mattel had the money to go back and have the factory re-do thousands of figures, but whatever Super did, they were sort of stuck with it, and had to just go with what was produced and hope that more were good than bad.
    I don't pretend to have all of the knowledge of how producing these things works, but If this same thing Happened to Mattel, I don't think they would be able to eat the costs of it either. That is why we had so many reversed shoulders figures. It shouldn't have happened, and the figures shouldn't have been produced with reversed shoulders. But people just didn't notice that it happened mostly due to it being hard to tell they were backwards. But in this case, the hips were an obvious visible engineering error, that was a major concern FAR before the figures were put into their final production and boxed up. It was why there was such a delay, and seemingly why Brian visited the factory to over see things to get them right. But they still didn't come out right somehow, and now we have all of these weird hip variants with miss-matched incorrect larger thigh pegs that somehow were allowed to be used instead of being destroyed or melted down. (the pegs, not the misassembled figures)

As far as being stuck with it and hoping there would be more good than bad, obviously it should never have come to that point, but they were unable to catch the problem for whatever reason before it occurred. Best guess is that they had no Idea until all of the figures were boxed up. We really don't know any specifics because they are not offering any more explanations on this issue.
    Last edited by darkmoon766; March 11, 2018 at 12:56pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    This was my favorite video. LOL Brian is awesome. This will tick off all the usual people.
    Yeah, I am fine with S7 not showing anything new sense the in the works figures were only in the prototype phase. As I said I didn't want them to throw something together that wasn't far along in production just to show something. As for Tri Klops, makes me wonder if there was a scene in the cartoon were he was that lighter green and decided to go with that but yeah he should have addressed why they went that route.

Some teelas has heavier painted eyes than others and some had really wide hips do to medium pins being used that shouldn't have been. So some people see her as a train wreck. Brian is simply saying they will refund those teelas if you aren't happy with her that's all.

Now Broken or damaged figures that the factory packaged that way well Super7 has to replace those since it was their factory that shipped the figure damaged even though Brian didn't bring that up in his video it's common sense that a business must have additional CS stock to replace damaged or defective items. Even Four Horsemen who are a small company Replace missing parts from a figure they took money for that the factory screwed up on like missing sheilds , belts, swords etc.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Now Broken or damaged figures that the factory packaged that way well Super7 has to replace those since it was their factory that shipped the figure damaged even though Brian didn't bring that up in his video it's common sense that a business must have additional CS stock to replace damaged or defective items.
    Not for nothing, but if Super 7 can't even fulfill customers' initial orders, I don't really expect them to have any replacements for figures. I took Brian Flynn's words to mean that they don't have any CS stock, and thus cannot replace anything. Hopefully he will clarify this on FB or Twitter. I think a refund is the only option.

The only thing I know after watching this episode is that I want a shirt like Brian’s.
    Don't turn nothing down but your collar.

While I know there are genuine issues, I'm pleased with the figures I received and was looking forward to wave 2.

However after watching this video, I no longer feel as positive about the line as I did before I saw it. I agree with everything Oz-Scott and jscott991 have said and I think Super7 should have stopped silent and not bothered posting the video. It's left me regretting ordering the amount of figures I have from Wave 2
    And therein lies the problem.

While some people may watch these videos and get a good chuckle, others just feel extremely patronized.

I wouldn't mind the videos if they actually addressed the problems on everyone's minds...

We can't do anything but express our sincere ideas, opinion, constructive criticism to Brian;
    this is a tough situation honestly , left apart S7 the only willing to help (and possibly earn much money as possible that's a thing for sure ) I don't see how possibly MOTUC could live up for at least ten more years with all these complaints, issues, not much faith.
    I'm hopeful 'cos things are just getting standard, this is new business to them and they will surely improve thanks to feedback's fans. BTW If everything should be end soon customizing / ask to third parties will be the way.
    Like TG said, things in the toy industry change all the time , who knows maybe next year i.e. Playmates/ Bandai will buy MOTU and produce figures based on new media / classic stuff as well, anything is possible you never know
    but for now, humbly thanks S7 for this opportunity and for keepin up alive a nerd dream lol
    Last edited by Triklops 1; March 11, 2018 at 05:12pm.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."

....and do not forget to click and vote for a Filmation Legacy line
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...37#post3799537

Some teelas has heavier painted eyes than others and some had really wide hips do to medium pins being used that shouldn't have been. So some people see her as a train wreck. Brian is simply saying they will refund those teelas if you aren't happy with her that's all.
    Wouldn't the incorrect pins and paint slop all over the face be considered 'defective' product though? I remember when some Swiftwind's had the legs assembled incorrectly and Mattel exchanged those. To me it sounds like the goal posts are continuously being moved for Super7 because people are afraid of the line ending for good.

Like I said I'm happy with my wave 1 figures, but what if I'm not with my wave 2 figures (which is double the amount of figures I ordered of wave 1!) because I encounter some of the problems already reported such as paint slop ruining a figures face. Without them properly acknowledging the issues like the medium leg pegs and the difficulty getting Tri-Klops visor to turn, I feel like these are non issues in their eyes and that gives me less faith that they will try to be meticulous on wave 2 production. If you cannot admit to your mistake, how do I know you will learn from it?

Which leads me on to the fact they decided not to show anything until it's nearer production, which I think was done because they are sick and tired of fan criticism and having to keep revising things. I just hope that they pay closer attention to the new unseen stuff than they did before the wave 1 hips issue was first fed back to them, as otherwise we would have got wide hips on all 8 figures!
    Last edited by blackiecats; March 11, 2018 at 07:22pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    I understand that this is the position of many. Better to have flawed figures than none. But at the price we pay for these figures, now that we are at the N-Z tier, put me in the camp that would rather have nothing than figures flawed at the level we are most assuredly to receive going forward. If Almost a years worth of extra production time gets us this quality, it is illogical to think we will get much better figures than this. The facts are that Teela has been botched yet again, even all of Super-7's Horses and all of Super-7's men ( ) couldn't put Teela back together again (with the proper hip pegs, etc)
    Then here’s an idea. Why don’t you not buy the figures since you’d rather have none than these you deem Inferior and let the rest of us who are happy with them and who are happy getting more figures enjoy them.

Because I’d rather have more filmation figures than none. Period

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, roboto, shadow weaver, entrapta , adora, moss man, stratos, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.